Restaurant

OK, I'm in need of a nice restaurant for Wednesday afternoon for about 20-25 people.
In the Hope, Blairstown, Hackettstown area, thats not too pricey and that either serves alcohol or BYOB.

Help!

Thanks! :)

Nice and not too pricey, is kind of an oxy moron. LOL

What per person do you consider pricey? Everybody has their own idea of pricey. Also, are you looking for a private room for a party or is it just a bunch of people getting together for lunch in the dining room area?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '11

Funeral. Either private or dining room. To me pricey would be over $20 per person.

Mona - You drive by this place nearly every day - Cassia Grill - http://cassiagrill.com/.

Drop in and tell them what you want - they will come through!

BLD2
Oct '11

Enzo's Pasta Grill in either Washington or Mansfield. They are fairly inexpensive and they can set up whatever you need. Speak to Enzo in Washington or Dino in Mansfield. Sorry to hear about your loss.

http://enzospastagrill.com

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '11

Been there and wasnt impressed. Thanks BLD2.

Prickly Pear, Mama's

midnightgardener1 midnightgardener1
Oct '11

Mamas

darluggh darluggh
Oct '11

Pump House Restaurant, Rte. 46, Hackettstown.

joyful joyful
Oct '11

Zaytun in Hastings square. Moussa is awesome. Great prices and quality food from scratch!

muffin muffin
Oct '11

Zaytun is good, but I don't think it's the kind of place to accommodate that type of group. It's really small and way informal there. Almost kind of like a deli, not really appropriate for an after funeral lunch.

There isn't anything in Hope except for The Inn at Millrace Pond and that is pricey. I'm not familiar with Blairstown at all. Might as well be Mars as I never go there...LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '11

ooh i forgot the pump house.. that place is good too!

darluggh darluggh
Oct '11

Thanks Calico. Millrace Pond I checked out and they are pricey.

I will check out these others. Thanks everyone.

Mona - Sorry for your loss. I am very surprised you didn't like the Cassia Grill. What didn't you like?

BLD2
Oct '11

Zaytun can fit a group that sized for sure! Give moussa a call. Reasonable pricing and they can fit about fifty seated. And he will take great care.

muffin muffin
Oct '11

BLD2 - the food we ordered was nothing more then a simple dinner you make at home.
Frozen vegies, nothing special.

Thanks

Zaytun could probably handle it as well or better than Cassia in terms of size. Pandan Room with the long tables in Hackettstown can hold that many and has a bit of extra room in the addition. (and it's in the budget since we just all ate lunch in the Long Valley location for $15 ea including tax and tip) Stella G's is in about the same boat size wise - can hold that many but not more, you'd have to call ahead and see what they say.

Szechuan Royale has big round tables if Chinese is OK.

I think the others have pretty much been mentioned.

What about Marleys, the resturant side is nice the food is good. It's got plenty of room. Plus they serve booze!!

Civilguy80 Civilguy80
Oct '11

our family always uses pump house for after a funeral . i have no idea of the prices though, but they put out a good spread, and have a bar.

nonny nonny
Oct '11

The Riverton hotel just across the free bridge in Belivedere has good food a bar and is with your price range.

David Z David Z
Oct '11

Mona - I am shocked! I have never had a bad meal there and the owner/host is so accomodating. The prices are very reasonable and the room is very attractive and soothing. You must have gone on a very off day.

BLD2
Oct '11

Go to Luigi's Rancho in Belvidere. The food is very good and you can call and choose a menu. They are also very reasonable.

mvcemployee
Oct '11

mona, I am very sorry for your loss.

A friend of mine recently organized an after funeral lunch at Enzo's Pasta Grill. She raved about the service and the food.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '11

Enzo's has booze in both locations.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '11

Pasta Grill in Mansfield did my FIL. It was $20 a head with cash bar. Very reasonable and good.

Christine Christine
Oct '11

I've been to the Pump House for several luncheon affairs and it was very good. They have a lunch package for $14.95 per person ---- described on their website.

Also, Lockwood Tavern, or Barones which are in the same building. I believe Barones also offers a lunch package for a group that would fit your budget.
The Pump House has a warm, homey feel. Barones is more fancy. The Tavern is .... well, a tavern - casual.

happy girl
Oct '11

Franks's Pizza in Mansfield Plaza...(Wal-Mart plaza on Route 57). BYOB. Great meals for less than $20.00 Here is website: www.frankspizzamansfield.com
908-684-8403
908-649-8404
We have been eating there for over 10 years. Here is an example of a GREAT DINNER FOR $13.95--Chicken Francese (sauted in butter and lemon). ALL DINNERS INCLUDE SOUP OR GARDEN SALAD...AND...BREAD. BYOB. GREAT PLACE. NEXT TO "PARTY CITY".

BLD2 - dont know if it was an off day, but we were the only ones there.

Mona if your still looking for something my husband is a chef at Marleys. They can definately accommodate something priced reasonably.

HeatherS HeatherS
Nov '11

Thanks HeatherS, but we found a place.

Mona - That doesn't surprise me because some weeks during the week they have very few people. They seem to get more people on the weekends. The host is always very gracious and accomodating and the food has always been great when I've been there.

BLD2
Nov '11

BLD - Horatio and I just said yesterday that every time we pass Cassia the parking lot is empty. Not sure how they stay open.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '11

Exactly Calico. I say the same. They were very nice. It was a Sunday and the food wasnt anything special. Wouldnt say dont try it. Everyone should make their own opinion. For me, it was ok, but wouldnt go back.
They had told us the day we went that they looked at a lot of different places for their restaurant and decided on this place. Seems strange to me, because its out of the way.
On main road, yes, but very easy to miss.

I think they also have a catering business, which sustains them.

BLD2
Nov '11

Oh didnt know that

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.