The new Hackettstown Health Food Store

Just drove past the Hackettstown Health Food Store tonight and they are OPEN. Opened up on Saturday. They are open until 6:30 at night. The woman who was working inside is very pleasant and helpful. They have 25% off on their vitamins right at this time and also a buy one get one free on their groceries (just at this time.) She has a nice selection of vitamins, cereals, natural sodas, teas and juices, soaps and cleaning products. Also for the dog lover, she has natural organic dog foods including Wellness cans. Stop by and visit the store. She's located across from Stella G.s to the right of the convenience mart and the new antique store will be eventually opening to the right of the vitamin store.

sassycats sassycats
Sep '11

Thanks - I have been waiting for them to open. Is there parking?

Sarah Sarah
Sep '11

Thanks also, I am definitely interested and will be going there to check it out soon.

joygail joygail
Sep '11

Do they have like healthy snacks? What time do they open in the morning?

Christine Christine
Sep '11

where is it located??

luvjaz luvjaz
Sep '11

I saw a sign there that read something like vegeterian (sp?) meat....anyone have any details on that.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Sep '11

I was in there over the weekend. They do have all kinds of vitamins, supplements, and vegan things as well. My girlfriend was thrilled she founf dairy free cheese lol! They also have a good amount of gluten free stuff as well.

Luv,

They are located by the sunnyside market, right next to where Achieve 24 fitness is and the old EMA martial arts place was located.

maxdout2596 maxdout2596
Sep '11

"vegetarian meat"... that's an oxymoron! The sign should just say "vegetable & soy meat-like product" lol

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Sep '11

don't know what time that they are open. Call and find out. Very pleasant place to shop and Im pretty sure that I saw snacky stuff.

sassycats sassycats
Sep '11

Do you know the name so I can look up the phone number?

gardens gardens
Oct '11

Telephone is 908-269-8702

Steve-O ...... she has Tofurky Deli Slices and Tofurky Bratwurst or something like that (a sausage-type item I think) I don't know what else.

happy girl
Oct '11

I went in yesterday to check it out...I asked how long the BOGO sale will remain--the woman said one more week. Nice place to shop, albeit small, however I probably won't be shopping there after the sale ends. Very pricey. It's hard for a small shop like that to compete w/ Walmart, Amazon etc. $3.59/can for tuna...yikes, I thought 1.99 was bad at ShopRite for their low-sodium one. $4.99 for a 2lb bag of Florida Crystals organic sugar; Walmart has a 3lb jug of the same stuff for either 2.99 or 3.99. Cereals are around $6 a box.

If anyone is interested in a fresh produce co-op, they are trying to get one started but first have to see if there's enough interest to make it feasible.

Davis Davis
Oct '11

Davis - please elaborate on the the fresh produce co-op. I am very interested.

Thanks in advance.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Oct '11

Happy - have you heard about this in Long Valley.

http://longvalleygreenmarket.com/

Firefly Firefly
Oct '11

I'd like to know more about the fresh produce co-op as well. Thanks!

Jules Jules
Oct '11

The owner(?) only asked if I was interested in participating in the co-op. It seems that right now she's trying to see if the interest is there as there needs to be a minimum number of people to make it worthwhile. I'd say if you are definitely interested, stop in so your name can be added to her list. That way she'll know whether to pursue it or not.

Davis Davis
Oct '11

I like the store very much and she will order things for you if you have specific needs. I have a hard time finding many of the gluten free/soy free/nut free items elsewhere. Yes it is a little pricy, but I only buy the things that I can't find elsewhere.

Thanks for this information! I am hoping they have bulk herbs to make tinctures and textured soy proteins or Quorn products. It is very hard finding vegetarian products in the area that aren't and arm and a leg!

GreatMotherEarth GreatMotherEarth
Jan '12

Bulk herbs are available at Sussex County Food Co-op, which is in Newton -- the store is a 25 minute drive from Hackettstown.
30 Moran Street, Newton NJ

http://www. SussexCountyFoods.org

They of course have textured soy proteins / Quorn products / and many other
choices. Their prices are good ---- check them out !!
I have been shopping there for many years.

Ask anyone in the store for help / information / etc. They are GREAT !!

happy girl
Jan '12

whoops ..... sorry .... here is the website --

http://www.SussexCountyFoods.org

happy girl
Jan '12

Does anyone know if long valley green market carries any vegan items? Also, finally got ti the health food store on main today, pretty nice! I got vegan chocolate covered wafer cookies on buy one get one, (came out to about 2.50 a pkg, not bad!) And stocked up on tofurky slices at about 4.50 a pkg. Any meat eaters out there know how that stacks up in price to real deli slices? Just curious!

Sandy Sandy
Mar '12

Hi Sandy. You've been so quiet lately. Is that baby here yet?

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

Around Thanksgiving, I couldn't find any tofurky in the local grocery stores - but she had it! And there is ALWAYS a sale! You can usually find lots of things buy one, get one. Lots of nice vegan soaps, too.

mefoley4literacy mefoley4literacy
Mar '12

Just to let you guys no there is now a juice bar at hackettstown health foods. Also there is a large parking lot if you go behind the convenience store right next to the store. It has just been reorganized and definately worth checking out

Joeseph
Sep '12

Joseph, thanks for the info!!

I just found out from Uzma that YES, they are now offering juices and shakes!

Organic juices, carrots, celery, cucumber, oranges, apples, and smoothies with different berries, bananas, peaches along with protein shakes and teas!

For more info contact them directly!

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/shopping/hackettstown-health-foods

Wendy @ HKT BID Wendy @ HKT BID
Sep '12

was in there recently and very impressed. Try it out!

Ingrid Ingrid
Sep '12

I recommend you try the wheatgrass juice! Its so good for you!

Just to let everyone know....there are discussion groups every Friday evening between 7 and 8. New topics each week. Call to find out. There is always a sign-up sheet available with the info on it. Also, there is a used and new book library. All books are $2.00 each. Lots of good titles. The store in Washington is much smaller but holds a good inventory and anything you can't find there can be brought in for pick-up the very next day. Both stores are growing and look to cater to the customer in any way possible. Something new going on every week. It's about time, the area needed a health food store plus. You can have lunch in the Hackettstown store. They usually have two vegan soups each day, vegan sandwiches, of course, the juice bar and healthy snacks. Also, they are always looking to promote small business and on occasion will host parties or other gatherings there in the store. Come check it out, you will be pleased.

Lenore Lenore
Mar '13

Does the Washngton store carrie vegan soups? Would love to try it for lunch sometime?

Christine Christine
Mar '13

Hackettstown Health Foods will also be adding a Massage Therapist "by appointment" to their list of healthy options for the customers. Give a call at 908-269-8702 to find out more.

Lenore Lenore
Apr '13

Went in there today and was very impressed! I was able to find the items I was looking for without having to order on line. Prices are comparable especially after shipping. The lady there is very knowledgable and gave me some suggestions hopefully which will help. Next time, I want to try one of the smoothies!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Oct '14

Try the soup too... ;-)

Yes both the soup and the fresh juices are great! I was really sick with a cold/sinuses and I asked the lady is she could make me a juice for that? She whipped it right up and it was fantastic and for about 3 hours I felt better than I had in days.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Oct '14

Awesome store. Uzma, I believe is her name, is such a great resource and so knowledgable. Buffet and smoothies great too. Prices comparable to amazon so I prefer to get what I can from her.

Townies Townies
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.