Hackettstown Regional Medical Center Job process

Does anyone know how the hiring process is done at HRMC. Anyone working at HRMC can help. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Ani,
You can just go to our website http://www.hrmcnj.org and at the top of the screen, on the right hand side, you will see Job Opportunities. You can fill out your application and submit it online! :-)

Heather Heather
Feb '11

http://www.hch.org/hrmc.asp?CategoryName=Human%20Resources

Read above link, apply.

Or go the the Human Resource Dept at the hospital. Enter the front door, pass the elevator turn left.

Do not submit your application online. I know someone that works at the hospital. They do absolutely nothing with online job applications. If you want a job there you will need to go in and fill out an application in person. You have zero chances of getting a job if you apply to Hackettstown Regional Medical Center online.

aurora
Feb '11

Aurora, unfortunately, that is not correct. I applied online and was called within the week. So was my aunt.

Heather Heather
Feb '11

In fact, a very large percentage of the applications that our recruiters bring in for the manager to look at are online applicants. You were sadly misinformed.

Heather Heather
Feb '11

I have applied online and trying for 3 years to get a job at HRMC. No calls yet.
I guess Aurora is right.

When I worked there I applied online, and faxed my resume. I was called the same week. Maybe it depends on the dept?

Sandy Sandy
Feb '11

Take the hint Ani! LOL. Just kidding. I would certainly visit the HR dept in person. Good luck.

Will it stay Hackettstown for long or will it change to Hackensack now that they have partnered up

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '11

It definately takes some time..Although I was hired through a temp agency, I have tried many other hospitals and never get a call back. HR is horrible everwhere. Esp when they get tons of resumes a day..Call HR and tell them you applied numerous times and you want to follow up

Ani it is a good possibility that your qualifications are not what they are looking for. I have applied to numerous jobs all over the place and sadly sometimes you don't hear back from the company. They get a large amount of applicants and can't respond to everyone.

I would definitely try and circumvent the system and try and make contact. Even if he/she tells you tha applying on line is mandatory, I'd follow up by phone.

The online process anywhere is a nightmare. Your resume gets sucked into a black hole database. Just hope you have the right keywords that the computer is programmed to sniff out.

I sure do miss the old-fashioned snailmail process. Even if your resume ended up at the bottom of a pile, you know that a human at least glanced at it.

Good luck.

what happen to getting dressed nice and going for a job in person are we all becoming blank face less numbers

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '11

I could not agree more ess! I am so sick of the job hunt!

Firefly Firefly
Feb '11

CA- No, it will remain Hackettstown Regional Medical Center. It's just an affiliation agreement.

Heather Heather
Feb '11

"Aurora, unfortunately, that is not correct. I applied online and was called within the week. So was my aunt." -- Heather wouldn't it be "fortunately" ? :-)

Perhaps part of the problem is HR, yes. However, if you really wanted the job, you'd find a way to take it a step further yourself. Filling out applications in-person and talking to people is a good way to get your foot in the door. Find a way to set yourself apart from the rest of the herd. Watch Apprentice, lol

ComputerSharp ComputerSharp
Feb '11

The sad thing is companies get sucked into buying these databases and have to justify the costs by using them.

Many times these programs extract information from your resume and put it into a form online that you have to correct. For example, it will put your job title as the place of employment and your place of employment as your job title, etc. My favorite is that these forms will expect you to remember the exact date you were hired at maybe a job you had 10 years ago. You can not move to the next page unless you fudge a date you can't remember.

There truly is no more human in human resources!

If I may put my 2 cents in, as I am a Director of Human Resources.
When an ad goes out for a position we will get between 75-150 resumes in(job market being what it is) a week.
Today most HR departments are staffed with 1-3 people.

I have seen my assistant spend days just weeding through the paperwork and trying to figure out what job someone is applying for.

Please be specific when you send your resume in, look at the companies website for open positions and it is fine to call to follow up but once you have been told the companies procedure don't call everyday so the HR person knows your number from the caller ID :)

hackettstown wife
Feb '11

Just go in, Ani, have your resume ready and ask if anyone can give you a couple of minutes...and don't forget to send a thank you, even if you don't get the job. Be prepared to tell them how you can be an asset to the hospital, don't just act like you don't know anything about the position, and know about the hospital's history and philosophy! Good luck!

tripsy tripsy
Feb '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.