Cara Mia Reopened?

I was messing around on my ipod touch and was playing with the Urbanspoon app. There is a section where you can type in the name of the restaurant you want to view. For giggles, I typed in Cara Mia and it pulled up a location in Millburn NJ. At first, I didn't think much of it. But after looking into it a little further, I think this is where Tommy and Gigi landed. The restaurant used to be called La Campagna but closed down. They reopened a few months after Cara Mia closed down up here. I'm almost positive it's their restaurant. Same name, same font for the lettering. I just can't find any owner info. But, if anyone's interested here is the website:

www.caramiamillburn.com

I'm going to call and see if it's them.

OakHillsFinest OakHillsFinest
Jan '11

OakHills - Could very well be. Some of the menu items are definitely familiar. Let us know what you find out. However, Millburn might as well be Arizona for me. Slim chance of me ever getting down that way for dinner.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '11

THAT'S AWESOME! Thank-you for finding it - it definitley looks like them - I see my favorite items on the menu. We will go to check them out! Such a shame for Hackettstown that they are no longer here.

Jules
Jan '11

Thank you! We'll make the trip to see them.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '11

Didn't someone in the other thread say that they were closing because the landlord tied to raise their rent? I would think that rents in Millburn are at least half-again if not twice as much as what they are in Hackettstown, no? Of course, the population density for potential customers is much higher as well, so I guess everything's relative... Millburn's a great little town; I wish them well.

Millburn has a fantastic Japanese restaurant, Sono, to which is what I compare all others. Fujiyama compares pretty well, but if you're ever down there and have a hankering for sushi, sashimi or tempura, give them a try... you won't be disappointed.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '11

Well, I called and it's not them. Damn, I was hoping to find them. I really miss their food.

OakHillsFinest OakHillsFinest
Jan '11

Well, that leaves hope that they might reopen closer the H'town.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '11

I was told Tommy has no interest in getting back into the business.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.