Suspicious Person in Vehicle

In the past week, students from both HMS and Centenary have reported a suspicious person in a vehicle following them in the evening after sports practice or class. Police have been informed, and are currently investigating the issue. Please remind your kids (any age) of stranger danger!

ConcernedParent ConcernedParent
2 weeks ago

The info is on the Hackettstown Police page on Facebook for more.

Looking
2 weeks ago

It sounds like the same man in both incidents. I hope they beefed up security at the university. I have no idea about security around apartments in the area, but both of these sound scary to me. Try to at least travel in pairs, IF you can.

DogDayAfternoon
2 weeks ago

How about info for those of us not on facebook? Thanks

From HTPD:
"The Hackettstown Police Department is investigating two suspicious incidents that occurred within the town.
The information on the first incident was provided by Centenary Security and the victims have not yet reported this to the Hackettstown Police Department.
The first incident occurred this past weekend when two female Centenary University students were approached by an unknown male in an attempt to lure them into his vehicle.
The incident occurred on West Moore Street near the Reeves Residence at approximately 6:00 p.m.
The suspect was described by the victims as a black male, in his 40’s, and a “burly” body type. The victims did not have any information regarding a vehicle.
The second incident occurred on Monday April, 8, 2024, at approximately 8:30 p.m., in the area of Greenview Garden Apartments, located on Arthur Terrace.
A juvenile female reported that a dark colored vehicle, possibly a green Toyota, followed her from one parking lot to another. The female then ran across the street and the vehicle then followed her and parked. The driver then exited the vehicle and walked quickly behind her.
The person was described as a black male, stocky build, and wearing a surgical/medical face mask.
Anyone with information on any of these incidents, is asked to contact the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3300 or 908-852-3302.
If you find yourself in one of these situations, call 911 immediately. Trust your instincts. Stay safe."

I heard over the weekend that there was another incident in the high school parking lot involving what sounds like the same man approaching a woman in her car. Has anyone heard the same?

Centenary sent this yesterday at 1 pm

FR:Centenary Alerts
MSG:Police are looking for a Hispanic male wearing jeans and a blue sweatshirt and has been approaching females in the area of Reeves.

Yes I heard during the children’s baseball game a mom feeding her baby in the car was approached very scary

Iloveflowers Iloveflowers
7 days ago

I heard the same, iloveflowers. I hope they figure out who this guy is and fast. You would think with all the cameras on homes now a days they’d figure out where he’s from and where he’s going.

This is very scary and frustrating considering he situation. Please be aware of your surroundings

Press Release (4/22/24): Suspicious Male

The Hackettstown Police Department is looking for the public’s help in identifying a suspicious male.

On Saturday, April 20, 2024, at approximately 12:35 p.m., police responded to the parking lot of Hackettstown High School, 599 Warren Street, for a report of a male that made a sexual comment.

The adult woman stated that a man made a sexual comment to her while she was sitting in her car while parked in the junior parking lot. The woman then began to yell and scream and he fled the area.

The man then walked by the tennis courts on Warren Street and through the trail near the quarry toward the intersection of Center Street and Jefferson Street. A witness advised police that a man matching the description was seen running on Jefferson Street and then made a left onto West Plane Street.

He was described as Hispanic, in his mid-20’s to early 30’s, short black hair, dark blue jeans, dark blue sweatshirt with light blue sleeves, and sneakers with light brown soles on the bottom.

We’re asking anyone in the area to check their surveillance video for any footage of the suspect.

Anyone with information or has surveillance video regarding this case is encouraged to contact the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3300 or 908-852-3302.

As a community, we need to come together and help police catch this guy. We need to show the would-be creeps that there is ZERO tolerance for this type of behavior. All of the worst perpetrators start with these types of actions. They are"warning signs". A lude comment here, a grabbing of a butt there. Before you know it, the police are investigating a FAR more serious crime. Nip this in the bud.

Consigliere
7 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Suspicious Person in Vehicle
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.