Brazilian blowout recommendations

Looking for recommendations for where to locally go for a Brazilian blowout. I

Thank you

Do I even want to ask? Lol

Consigliere
March 3rd

I get my hair done at this place in Allamuchy & they all do a great job:
https://www.allureartistryofallamuchy.com

Consigliere, it's for those rare beach occasions when you want to look like a Tribble smuggler...

ianimal ianimal
March 4th

Curiosity got the best of me. It appears a Brazilian blowout is a hair straightening treatment using in part a silicone type of chemical. I'm not sure why people would do this using a chemical but whatever floats your boat I guess.

From the FDA: "The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that Brazilian blowouts and other hair-smoothing products can cause serious side effects. Symptoms are more common in stylists and other people working with these treatments. A comparison study found that Brazilian Blowout solution is almost 12 percent formaldehyde."

formaldehyde...

I can still remember that smell from frogs in high school....and this is a guy that is around chemicals in a garage / working quite often for the last several decades....

Please do NOT put that in your hair...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Brazilian blowout recommendations
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.