Mansfield ambulance building for sale

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/301-Airport-Rd-Hackettstown-NJ-07840/2054003955_zpid/

Not sure who would buy it but I hope the ambulance service is still operating.

Friendly mcfriend Friendly mcfriend
Dec '23

That squad is not operating. There has been a long story behind it.

The building is interesting. Kind of an odd home I would think. The garage would be fun for sure. I am unsure how it is zoned there could but have lots of possibilities for a business. I guess as it is listed as a single family home and not a commercial property, that may limit the market a touch.

The town should turn it into a rec/senior center.

Jim L Jim L
Dec '23

I've seen conflicting stories for the zoning - one source says R1, other places say "mixed use". Wasn't there another business they shared with at least at one point??

Isn't the Zoning Map available on the Mansfield on-line site?
I found it and it does appear that this area is zoned R-1.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Dec '23

Mo way that's a "home". Does it even have a shower or bath?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Dec '23

I was going to look at the tax map as well. Perhaps when constructed they applied for a use and zoning variance. I'm unsure if that would no longer be in effect when the property sells.

I agree with Jim’s idea.
OnTheEdge, according to the listing, top post, it has three bathrooms.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Dec '23

Who comes to Mansfield if we need an ambulance?

Patti Patti
Dec '23

Guilty,
Thanks.
I see now there is a stall shower in the laundry room.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Dec '23

I could definitely see this as a home, especially the garage area. Plenty of room for a workshop and a lift for car maintenance!

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '23

I know someone who is/did make an offer on the building with the intent of using it for business

MakoMiller1984 MakoMiller1984
Dec '23

Patti Great Meadows now covers Mansfield

Coasterfan98
Dec '23

OMG Gt. Meadows covers Mansfield. We could die waiting for them. This is horrible.

Patti Patti
Dec '23

I believe it is Independence that covers Mansfield. Unless that has changed. The call times, volume etc. can be found online if one is interested. I don't think there has been any deaths resulting in extended wait times....

https://wrnjradio.com/independence-fas-to-be-primary-ems-agency-for-mansfield-township/

@patti they have a fully staffed ambulance at tri county fire department . Independence rescue squad also has one staffed at their main building in great meadows

@Greg
From some police officer friends of mine in the local area. The response times should be taken with a massive grain of salt. The times are “easily adjusted” whatever that means

MakoMiller1984 MakoMiller1984
Dec '23

How does a township rescue squad go out of business?

That seems to be a long story that no one is telling.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Dec '23

I believe I read some of the official reasons that were detailed in the minutes of the Mansfield council meetings. I don't recall when in 2020 those discussions were. You would need to go to 2020 portion of the council minutes and agendas to first look at the agenda to see when it was introduced then look for the corresponding approved minutes to read the details.

Or if you want a bit of wild speculation and false statements, you can go to the Mansfield community forum on Facebook and ask. That may get a lively response. LOL

My question is, what happens to all the money once the organization becomes solvent?

Some charters and bylaws are so old that money could either go to the succeeding organization, to the municipality or it could even be divided up amongst the remaining members.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Mansfield ambulance building for sale
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.