Brunch - The Inn at Glen Gardner

Love this place- go there often... so when I just learned they now are doing brunch (and lunch).... I want to help spread the word.

https://www.theinnrestaurant.com/brunch

I'll happily try the fried chicken, bourbon syrup, nashville hot butter French toast

and the short ribs, cheddar hoe cakes, scallions, bbq butter on buttermilk pancakes

For anyone that likes James on Main- this place rivals the quality and service- with a much larger relaxed space, nice bar, outdoor seating, AND an open choice menu.

Good to know - thanks. Have not tried this place yet & want to very soon. I haven't been thrilled with JOM ever since they went to a price-fixed menu & have hardly gone back there since they went that route. My husband & I like to share an app, order our entrees, & share a dessert.

Luca2 Luca2
Dec '23

We love The Inn at Glen Gardner. We are not brunch people, but thoroughly enjoy having dinner there.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '23

+1, our favorite "local" restaurant. We love James on Main too, but love The Inn At Glen Gardener more. We can get cocktails there, and you don't need a reservation WAY in advance. And the menu is alot bigger of course.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '23

Oh yeah, Great place.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Dec '23

James on Main was named one of the top 30 best restaurants in NJ by NJ Monthly magazine.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Dec '23

Went to Glen Gardener Inn again last night, with friends. WE screwed up the reservation... made it for 2 instead of 4. They somehow figured it out and got us in (after a very short wait) despite being packed. Food was incredible as always- we've never had even a mediocre meal there.

It's by far our favorite restaurant in the area (and one of our favorites EVER, truthfully). Consistently incredible, amazing people, and for great prices... we have paid far more for far lesser food in lots of other places.

We have been to James on Main twice, loved it, but the need to make reservations far in advance, and especially the prix fix menu, have kept us away since. Fantastic food tho. Altho interestingly, I got an email from them on yesterday, saying they had reservations open for fri-sat-sun, which surprised me...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '23

We are dining there for New Year's Eve.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '23

I agree JeffersonRepub about JOM - hate the price-fixed menu! Definitely will be trying this place as we have not tried it yet but I see there are so many glowing reviews!

Luca2 Luca2
Dec '23

We tried it Saturday for dinner. Had only been there once before, back when restaurants reopened in late spring of 2020. It was really good then, but then again anything was really good back then. We saw these posts and wanted to give it another try without the desperation many had during the pandemic.

For this last visit, I was very impressed with the menu. Lots of choices. Our cocktails were wonderful and original. Hubby had the spiced delicata squash salad and the wild boar hunter’s pie, I had the not-a-wedge salad and seared salmon. Both salads were perfect, and probably the best tasting salad I can ever remember. Really fresh flavor combinations. Our dinners were outstanding. I tasted the wild boar-very rich and perfect for a winter’s night. The salmon was cooked perfectly and was served with couscous and beet hummus. There were some other sweet notes in the sides with some pickled cauliflower to use every taste bud.
Our server was very helpful with selecting wine, was attentive and very pleasant.
I would recommend this place, but then it would only make it tougher for us to get a reservation in the future. Go. :)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '23

3wb - So happy to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Brunch - The Inn at Glen Gardner
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.