Minebrook Golf Club/The Nook

Heard rumor that Minebrook Golf Club was sold. New owner is previous owner, Rocco. New name: Mountain Ridge??? Can anyone confirm this?

Big Al Big Al
May '23

I would think these people would have a better idea if the club was sold and possibly to whom. LOL

Phone
(908) 979-0366

Email
rarmstrong@minebrookgc.com

https://www.minebrookgc.com/

Condoland, coming to wide open spaces near you soon. LOL

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
May '23

It was sold to new owners

On Facebbok site Community Forum of Hackettstown this morning it was posted by Miranda Bosl that her family The Rocco's (her grandparents were the original owners back in 1958) purchased Minebrook Golf Club and it is now going to be called Rock Ridge Golf Course (also have a website now on Facebook with that name)...

joyful joyful
May '23

I only hope that it is better than when the Rocco’s owned this before! The course needs work! I wish them luck.

Sport
May '23

We had some great times there. Too bad.

Emily
May '23

Rumor confirmed! We're excited to put some much needed TLC into the course + some renovations. We're re-naming it Rock Ridge Golf Course. Happy to help if you have any questions! miranda@rockridgegolfcourse.com

Miranda Rocco Bosl Miranda Rocco Bosl
May '23

You should call it Rocc Ridge.... or Rocck Ridge!

CommonSense CommonSense
May '23

Go on Facebook they have a website. They are going to redo the golf course, open up the restaurant, and have a driving range. I can’t wait. I Golf Harkers Hollow Because Hackettstowns golf course sucks

Here's a link to an earlier thread about the history of the course. Just in case anybody's interested, that is.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/929599

Phil D. Phil D.
May '23

Bring back the Nook!

Marlo Marlo
May '23

Rock Ridge. The name of the town in Blazing Saddles - Appropriate

The Man The Man
Jun '23

Where is there room for a driving range

Michigan Michigan
Jun '23

We're re-opening the pub and naming it "The Nook" for old time sake! Also for the driving range... we own the adjacent property so it will go over there. We're very focused on improving the state of the course and greens right now, it's been neglected for years. We're also focusing on inside renovations. The driving range will happen next year most likely once we finish these first few projects. One thing at a time! :) Thanks for your interest everyone!

Miranda Miranda
Aug '23

You guys need to focus on the greens they are terrible. Also the drainage issues not good . Skip the driving range in adjacent property there is no way you can put it there without super super high nets

Michigan Michigan
Aug '23

I would like to second "Michigan's" comments. I have been in town long enough to remember the course when your family owned it and opened the Nook.
Anyhow, used to play there a fair amount,,,several years in the leagues but haven't been back to play in several. The greens are #1...particularly the practice one that any potentail outing person walks by before they inquire about your packages.
As far as a range,,,there already is one adjacent to you. Good place, not sure there would be enough biz for both. Better idea....practice area for greenside chipping, sand work, and putting....nothing like that exists. Free with a same day tee time and hourly charge otherwise.
Take a page out of three guys that bought Harkers Hollow. What they have done and are doing and how they market it. MB could be a great course, but it is not even close now. Thanks and good luck.

New2this New2this
Aug '23

The greens bunkers and some fairways need a ton of work. That should be the priority. I feel like adding a driving range brings no real value or benefit to the course. So many better places to play for the money their asking.

Steve Steve
Aug '23

Are there any opinions about The Nook at the Minebrook golf course?
Menu?
Prices?
Quality of the food?

Rocco Family:

Be savvy and listen to what these men are saying.
Too many businesses discount and dismiss what their customers want and how their customers view things. Obviously the above comments are from previous clients and KNOW what they are talking about. And hearing directly from future customers' desires is worth its weight in gold.

Ensure success by listening and taking these ideas to heart

Huh?
Forget I asked.....
Don't want to know anymore

Re: Minebrook Golf Club/The Nook

Just got back from a night out at The Nook. Excellent band, they have live music there every Friday and Saturday night. Pub fare food was very good and reasonably priced.

Hadenough Hadenough
Nov '23

What band played last night? what's it like inside the Nook. Wish it was like the NIGHTCLUB it used to be in the 1980s!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Nov '23

Hack res…. Band was called Cry Uncle. The place is very nice and it’s huge, looks like they have a banquet facility on one side and the other side is the bar and restaurant where the band plays

Hadenough Hadenough
Nov '23

was floosy or twisted sister playing ? those were the days.

rob the roofer rob the roofer
Nov '23

Hadenough, What kind of music did Cry Uncle play? What time did they start?

Nov '23

Was Joe Savage Playing? Check out their FB page. Looks like they are having a band this Wednesday night. Remember back in the day when the night before Thanksgiving The Nook would be packed. Ah…Glory Days!

USRT46 USRT46
Nov '23

Joe Savage thats the guy ,he was crazy pouring shots of JD in your mouth from the stage . I couldn't think of his name but Tim Horan and I would be there for the shot.

rob the roofer rob the roofer
Nov '23

Did anyone go to see the 2 bands on Wednesday night/before Thanksgiving?

how many people came to this?

Nov '23

Hack res, band came on at eight, mainly rock music from the 80s and 90s

Hadenough Hadenough
Nov '23

Is there dancing?

Lily
Nov '23

M wife and I went Wednesday night. We were in and out before the bands played, as we wanted to be sure to get home in time to watch the Devils game (unfortunately). Nevertheless, I'm popping in here to say the cheeseburgers were really good, as was the service, and the prices were excellent. We will most definitely be back for more in the future.

Monty Monty
Nov '23

Lily there sure is

Hadenough Hadenough
Nov '23

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the comments and ideas! I want to make it clear that the golf course is our first priority. Those GREENS more than anything else.

As for the golf simulators... that idea is on hold indefinitely for now.

As for the Nook... thank you to everyone who has come by over the last few months and had a good time!! We're trying hard to make it a fun place to hang out and listen to live music. My brother Jimmy designed the menu and so far we've had nothing but compliments. Thank you for supporting us and hope to see you again soon!

Miranda Rocco Bosl
Dec '23

Correction… I was a bit distracted during my last post. I meant to say the DRIVING RANGE is on hold until next year. The GOLF SIMULATORS are being installed currently and will be open and ready for play Dec. 15th.

Miranda Rocco Bosl
Dec '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.