Reliable Car Service to airport

Hi,
I searched the forum and did not find anything unless I did it wrong. I know there is one around but can't remember the name. I would like to use one instead of Uber or Lyft. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

HcktwnSoccerMom HcktwnSoccerMom
Aug '22

Knight Riders

CockInTheHenHouse CockInTheHenHouse
Aug '22

Royal Coachman out of Denville. Only company I use. Knight Riders is wayyyyy to expensive.

IrishGirl
Aug '22

Knight Riders. Always on time and affordable. Also right in town. To the poster above: what would the den like company charge to pick up in independence/Hackettstown and drive to Newark Airport?

Consigliere
Aug '22

Hosking Livery, 908.852.3222 - great service, highly dependable.

dan l dan l
Aug '22

Thank you all so much!

Aug '22

@Consigliere not sure what you are referring to when you say 'den like company'. However the Pharma company (enter your negative big pharma comments here - since I'm sure they are coming...) I work for uses them, which is how I found them. I recently traveled to Newark airport and found Knight Riders to be almost $60.00 more than Royal Coachman.

IrishGirl
Aug '22

IrishGirl- I think Consig meant Denville company. That's how I interpreted it.

I’ve used DJ’s Service In the past though he’s small, but local to area and very reliable. DJ’s is very reasonable priced, although speaks only English. Used him several times in the past and can’t speak highly enough of of him. Great driving experience. Personable, timely and very reasonably priced. Gave him 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Give him a call at 908-319-7179. He is THE BEST.❤️

Satisfied Rider
Aug '22

I am reliable. Night & Day and have references. Contact me at jakesam2001@aol.com if you have any interest.

Stewart Stewart
Aug '22

Irishgirl, sorry autocorrect. I meant “Denville” company.

And, my anti big pharma comments? Seriously? Yeah, I don’t trust big businesses that sell drugs. Nothing personal. I just don’t.

Consigliere
Aug '22

Thank You! This is a great list and will be using at least one of them. I will try to provide feedback once I pick one and use them. Really appreciate the help!

@Consigliere, I think in the past I did used one that was located in Lake Hopatcong and I think they charge more than the ones I used locally, I think I had used Hosking too one time and they were good, I will call around using the list above and see what range of prices I will get. Will let you know!

Aug '22

Hosking Livery is the very best. I have used them for over 30 years.

does anyone have the number of Royal Coachmen?

A quick Google search gave me this. Their number is on their website
https://www.royalcoachman.com/

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '22

105.00 to Newark

Stewart Stewart
Aug '22

FYI while I'll agree Knight Riders is on time & has some lovely drivers, the last time I took them round trip to Newark, when all was said & done my ride cost MORE than my actual flight. Their prices have gone way up & if your pick up is between 11pm & 6am it's a $20 up charge each ride.

Weebiekins
Aug '22

I have always liked Knight Riders but the price is insane! I used them this Monday for a ride to the airport from PV and it cost $175! My pick up was 7 am!

Wow! $175 is ridiculous in my opinion. It is an hour each way and 48 miles each way with no tolls. I can see maybe $100.

I see a company, Blairstown Limousine placed an ad in the classifieds here on HL. It would be interesting to hear what they charge.

Hi...so I called Hosking Licery and they told me $160 from Newark back to PV. I am waiting for for Knight Rider to email me back for a quote and Royal Coachman quoted me with $206 which includes driver's tip. I will decide once I hear back from Knight Riders.

Agree, they had gotten way up! I thought it will cost me roughly just abot $100!
Thank you all again for your recommendations! Take care.

Sep '22

Greg,

Sounds like a business opportunity. U up 4 it?

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Sep '22

I would be dodgebaal but it seems too "peoply" for my liking! LMAO.

There are a lot of extra insurance, inspections and licensing that impacts that cost besides all the labor and fuel. It's not cheap no matter how you look at it.

Knight Rider just sent me their quote which is $175 inclusive og tip, but may increase due to lets say traffic, etc and will not know until I am back to my place and ready to pay. My flight gets in at 6:30 pm and not checking in luggage. Thoughts on this? Anyone experienced an increase on top of the quoted price the day of the pick up? Just curious.
Gearing towards Hosking so far.

Sep '22

Hi Soccer Mom, I think that's reasonable cost these days.

Contact Blairstown car service. I contacted them and they told me $120 + tip. I was going to try them out on an upcoming trip in October.

I have no idea how they are service-wise but willing to try them out.

I am currently using Blairstown Limo service for the first time. They picked me up on time in Belvidere and took me to Newark Airport. No complaints. They will be picking me up for the return home. $135 + tip each way.

Inforthewinter
Sep '22

For the return trip there are fixed rate taxis. There is also Uber/Lyft.

Pay someone 30/hr using your car, your gas, your tolls. That should keep your bill down.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Sep '22

Depending on how long you're going away, sometimes it may easier to drive and pre-pay in the Economy lot at the airport.

Blackcat123 Blackcat123
Sep '22

Why not drive to one of many off-airport places. E.G. - Hilton, Newark Airport. Pay around $18 to 20. perday. Almost immediate ride to your terminal and return is good and timely service. Have done this frequently.

Thank you all for the additional recommendations. Agree cost is driven by other items like GC mentioned. And with everything else going up agree why it is high. I will call Blairstown tomorrow. Anyone I use this trip I will use again next month. Also this is a business trip so not really costing me out of pocket, but still would like to charge a much much reasonable price and of course reliabilty of service too. I had done economy parking before, but rather leave car at home.

Sep '22

Evv I looked into 10 nights at Newark Long term parking and it was $323. Getting ride there and back for $43 less

Jimt1058
Sep '22

Jim, Much better rates off-airport. Look at Vista or Hilton, Newark (or several others).
Rates as low as 17. a day. On Airort parking is far more expensive.

Spot hero is an excellent source for finding parking at your destination - and the hourly rates for each.........I've used it for airport parking, NYC parking and more

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

Hi! Just an update...I did not get a chance to call the Blairstown one and used Hoskings Livery. The driver was from Hackettstown, older guy and was really nice. On time and the cost actually was all inclusive $160. I think it was reasonable considering all the high prices of everything right now. Will use them again if I need a car service. I think still a little cheaper that the others. Just fyi....again thank you all for your inputs!

Sep '22

Blairstown Limo picked me up from Newark & took me home to PV this afternoon. Cost was $125 + I gave him a $25 tip. Driver was professional, drove well, & the car was in excellent condition, I recommend Blairstown Limo. I used to always use Knight Riders but they charge $25 more so I will continue to use Blairstown Limo.

Just an update. I finally used the Blairstown Limo service. Driver was really nice and very professional. Just to let you know that the $125 is for new customer. New customer discount is basically the $125 and no credit card fee if you use of course a credit card. Once you use them again it will be $135 and this is what on their website for the EWR trip, And if you use a credit card then the additional fee. It is still resonable so I will definitely use them again. I also gave a tip for today's trip same tip which is 20%. Recommeding them too for anyone needing a car service. Thank you!

Oct '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Reliable Car Service to airport
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.