Yankees on Amazon

Anybody have trouble watching the Yanks last night?
MLB greed leads Yanks to broadcast 21 games on Amazon this year, no problem I thought I have YES on Comcrust Xfinity which also provides Amazon, but! The broadcast is blacked out in the NYC area, but! I can watch it on my tablet and phone via the Amazon app. Makes no sense.

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '22

A LOT of people not happy on Twitter last night. In order to watch on Prime, you had to be within some arbitrary mapped "local" area, which did not include many areas around here that Yankee fans live in, and you could not get it on MLB.com because they blacked it out. Very confusing. Very upset fans. MLB claims they are "growing the game" but all they are doing is pi$$ing off baseball fans. All for the almighty dollar.
I listened to the game on the radio app on my tablet, because I can't get WFAN radio signal way out here in Independence Township.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Apr '22

Rotally agree. Had trouble even though I have yes and Amazon prime. It pissed me off just as I was beginning to watch baseball again.

Ridiculous that I can watch it on my iPad but I can’t watch it on Amazon prime on the Comcast app

Had Enough Had Enough
Apr '22

I watched it last night without an issue, though the picture did freeze a couple of times. Played it through my TV which has the Amazon Prime installed on it.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Apr '22

I couldn’t watch on TV with Xfinity Prime app, but able to get on iPad and casted to TV via Google Chromecast. So stupid I needed to do that as opposed to just watching on TV app. Pretty solid stream though.

lifeistooshort lifeistooshort
Apr '22

I have Amazon Prime BUT couldn't watch b/c not in "NYC metro market" as someone else stated above. BUT I could watch on Amazon Prime 90 minutes after end of game - what? I did get highlights on MLB network and a few times they cut to Yankee stadium. MLB was going from game-to-game last night or seemed to be. Seems to be a $$ grab for sure. When are the other games that will be on Prime? How do you know which ones are on Prime? I HOPE that we don't have same issue as last night ..

SS2cats SS2cats
Apr '22

It is my understanding that the Prime games will be Friday night games. Yankees have 21 games on Prime, plus Peacock is doing some on Sunday MORNINGS, so be prepared to miss quite a few.

Apr '22

LGM!

Mr. Met
Apr '22

quit bitching... I was perfectly able to watch the Buccos get steamrolled 21-0 on MLB.tv this afternoon. would have loved for it to have been blacked out, lol

ianimal ianimal
Apr '22

Tonight’s game is on Apple TV+. Got an email which states you can watch for free. 8pm.

Sacks cousin
Apr '22

So annoyed why do I pay to have yes network.

For the other 130 games that Yes will broadcast Drew.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '22

So your provider or Yes owes you for the 32 games they don’t broadcast.

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '22

Sounds to me that refunds are due Yes subscribers. Maybe a lawsuit will be/should be started.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '22

I guess you all signed the application rules when you signed up. It specifically says you are paying for all Yes content. If the game is not Yes content (like the Apple TV+ broadcast) you are not paying for it and not entitled to it. You all enjoy the stars that play in the game, and someone has to pay the freight for those salaries. That means the Yankees try to maximize the revenue stream. Whoever offers them more money for a broadcast wins. Blame the conditions of baseball in general with the high salaries and high ticket prices. YES is an entertainment network that primarily is centered on the Yankees but they can't be faulted if the Yankees want more money than the revenue stream provided by YES.

Individual teams and their tv networks have nothing to do with what entity broadcasts these games .Major league baseball negotiates these broadcast deals with Apple , Prime , Facebook ,Youtube , and whatever other platform it sees fit to maximize revenue and get younger fans interested in the game . Only the first 12 Friday night games on Apple+ are free . It stinks , but it's what MLB has chosen to do just like the NFL has sold Thursday night football exclusively to Amazon Prime .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Apr '22

Actually the Yankees negotiated the deal with Amazon

They were the games carried by WPIX

The apple and peacock games were negotiated by MLB

Bug3
Apr '22

Regardless of the finite parsing of who negotiated what the fact remains that YES content is what you pay for. You are getting that just not what has been designated to other steaming services. You are getting what you pay for with YES and are not being cheated out of anything.

I find it very hypocritical that password sharing for streaming services is acceptable by many , but going online to find something not available for the hundreds of dollars you spend each month for cable /streaming is called stealing . If it's online it's there for the watching and I be go to h.e. double toothpicks if I'm going to pay for every streaming service there is just to watch a show or game one time .Just my opinion .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Apr '22

Yankee games is FREE on apple tv...no subscription necessary

https://www.mlb.com/news/how-to-watch-yankees-royals-on-apple-tv-april-29-2022

Bug3
Apr '22

Free for a limited time for all the Apple+ MLB Friday night games .

"The good news about this is that, for a limited time, "Friday Night Baseball" airs for free over the streaming service, meaning no money out of your pocket to catch these games. Just the added step of having to find out which device to use to stream the games."

"Typically at $4.99 a month, the "Friday Night Baseball" games come for free for a limited time. It's unknown when the switch will be flipped to a paid service in order to watch the games."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-apple-tv-schedule-stream-time-friday-baseball/dwftdbgqislpon8txhr7ulsz

97XBAM 97XBAM
Apr '22

You know whats funny is I have Youtube TV which initially carried YES 5 years ago but they had a falling out..

Now even when the Yankees play on MLB Network which is included on YT TV they black them out. Screw it I became a Mets fan who plays on YT TV on SNY.

The Yankees have no problem screwing their fans over - remember when Comcast 3 or 4 years ago didn't cover the Yankees cause they wanted like 2 bucks extra from every Comcast subscriber just for YES. lol

The Yankees are dicks for TV money...Lets Go Mets!

Somebody has to pay Stanton to strike out 3 times a game at $155,000 per diem/game. lol

Few options. MLB.tv is free if you want to watch the condensed games only. Each gave is 6 mins long and you can watch the next day. If you pay for mlb.tv you can subscribe to a single team for the season. You’re blacked out which means you have to watch 45 min after the game ends. Usually that means next day. The advantage is a 3 hour game take 2 hours as no commercials. If you want live, add a vpn service and you can watch live.

Sacks cousin
May '22

Or just use a VPN and "move" to another city

Bug3
May '22

I never used a VPN and watch everything out there . Are the individuals putting the content online breaking laws or are the people watching this content that is free and readily available ?Never saw anyone prosecuted for watching content someone else has made available online .This goes to my previous point of password sharing . If that's not stealing to get a service you didn't pay for ,why is watching something freely available online any different ?

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '22

There is nothing illegal about using a VPN for a service you pay for. Especially if you just want to watch it live rather than 45 minutes later

Bug3
May '22

I don't pay for Paramount+ , AMC+, HBOMax, Disney+, or any other service not on my triple play cable(SHO/Epix)that isn't Netflix/Hulu/Prime . Waiting to watch anything from any platform the next day isn't a problem . I've never missed an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I dropped the too expensive HBO from my cable in 2019 . They tried to raise my cable bill at that time to 250 and told me I was getting a bargain as most people paid 280 . So who is the real thief here when I watch HBO's Barry online tomorrow ?

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '22

Sports is much different than a movie or tv show
When you are used the turning on YES and watching a live game and then they change everything..now you have to jump through hoops to watch what was easy..

Bug3
May '22

97XBAM So how are you watching HBO the next day without having HBO or HBO max?

Had Enough Had Enough
May '22

Google it .It's not rocket science . Don't use crappy browsers like IE or Safari . Firefox or Chrome with Google as a search engine not garbage like Bing . Have strong virus protection and ask for free movie sites which also have tv sites - there are several out there . How have I been doing this for over 15 years and others are still clueless ? Or you could just buy a jail broke firestick from craigslist or ebay .

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '22

97’ you should have just said your stealing it.

“Jail broke firestick”? Whats is that? A hacked firestick?

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

MLB.tv is free this weekend. Blackouts still apply.

Sacks cousin
May '22

Yanks rained out tonite, twin bill on Sun

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

True "twin bill" (single ticket admission for both games) or a day/night doubleheader where you need a separate ticket for each game? don't seem to be too many of the former these days...

ianimal ianimal
May '22

Single ticket, 2 games.
Only tix for Sun honored.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

Sat rained out, moved to Mon.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

Anyone have trouble watching Yanks game (rain out from Friday 5/20) on Amazon Prime today? It wouldn't load on my TV and would give error message of "somethings wrong, go to amazon.com/videohelp". Tried 5-6 times to load - nada!

Went to Amazon.com but couldn't find anything that would assist except 800 # - so "watched" it on my laptop. So glad I have Amazon Prime on my TV!!

SS2cats SS2cats
May '22

I watched it without a problem.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
May '22

SS2cats I also could not watch on Xfinity Prime Video app, same error. Had to launch on iPad app and cast to TV.

lifeistooshort lifeistooshort
May '22

So much delay, frozen screen, and buffering I lost patience and turned it off. In the 9th!

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

Sounds like you need a better internet connection

Bug3
May '22

Sounds reasonable Bug, but I watch Amazon and other streaming channels through Comcrust Xfinity with no problem, was only this game, venting, not happy with NY on Amazon.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '22

Apple tv + tonight , Peacock Sunday , and Amazon next Friday to watch the Yankee games . Guess they're raising the bucks to pay Judge and the luxury tax .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '22

Thinking about finally cutting the cable cord with Comcast, after their latest increase. It's beyond ridiculous at this point, and I just can longer justify paying their monthly charges.

Anyone out there have any experience with YouTube TV? I hear that many are making the jump to it, so I thought I'd give it some consideration myself.

Pros? Cons? How difficult is the transition and/or setup? Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.

only one truth only one truth
Feb '23

You could return your cable boxes and just stream comcast on roku boxes...that would save $10 a box..then buy your own modem...as far as switching to streaming only service...if you like sports..better to stick with comcast..if not there are many good streaming choices around such as youtube tv

Bug3
Feb '23

de wrote in May '22: "You know whats funny is I have Youtube TV which initially carried YES 5 years ago but they had a falling out..

Now even when the Yankees play on MLB Network which is included on YT TV they black them out. Screw it I became a Mets fan who plays on YT TV on SNY."

de - YouTube TV is dropping SNY as of July 1st. Just got the email.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '23

Friday's Mets game is on Apple TV - the sports fan can't win today . Xfinity is dropping free Peacock Plus for Comcast customers June 26th . It just never ends sticking it to the consumer .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '23

ianimal - that's crazy - goodbye YT TV....

Crapple TV has some announcer called Heidi Watney who said Red Sox fan Matt Damon told her he named his The Martian character Mark Watney after her and her work on Red Sox games . Of course that was the name of the character in the book and Damon had nothing to do with it . Went right over Heidi's head and all the other announcers . You don't appreciate how good Keith , Gary , and Ron are until you don't have them .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '23

Since Gary is an expert on everything, he would have known that. Also, he would not have hesitated to point it out.

Jun '23

FWIW the games on Amazon have been good for me this year no freeze or lag like last year. But can’t flip to another channel like on Yes.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '23

The Chiefs - Dolphins playoff game will be on Peacock only Saturday and there is no free trial for the Peacock app . IMO the NFL is shooting itself in the foot with this greedy action and Mike and the Mad Dog agree !

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mike-francesa-wrecks-greedy-nfl-for-putting-playoff-game-exclusively-on-peacock-streaming-service-the-ultimate-slap-in-the-face/

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/mad-dog-russo-shreds-nfl-for-stupid-decision-to-make-playoff-game-a-peacock-exclusive-for-110-million-that-is-being-a-pig/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

Re: Chiefs - Dolphins playoff on Peacock:
Infuriating. Won't watch.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '24

Nobody should shell out that money to Peacock for one game that you can DVR after midnight when the NFL Network replays it . It's nothing more than pure greed by the NFL owners and a trial balloon towards putting all the playoff games behind a paywall . I hope it fails miserably .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

I stopped watching the NFL years ago with the Kapernick debacle. It’s an amazing how it freed up my Sundays! I only wish I could go back in time and get back all of the time I spent watching games in all the prior years!

I still watch plenty of other sports, mostly baseball, college football and some hockey. But it doesn’t bother me in the least when a game is broadcast on a pay channel that I don’t get. I simply find something else to do. Heck, if all sports went to pay stations I’d just have to find another hobby or two!

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Jan '24

Peacock now has a free trial if you want to watch the game.

Peacock does not have a free trial unless you sign up for Instacart+ which will cost even more at 9.99 a month . NFL Network is televising the replay at 12am and again at 6am so set your DVRs accordingly . The NFL owners would do well to remember how pay per view killed the sport of boxing .

https://nypost.com/2024/01/13/shopping/does-peacock-have-a-free-trialwhat-to-know-before-chiefs-dolphins/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

I just signed up for a 2 week free trial of instacart plus which includes free peacock
Just remember to cancel by Jan 27th!!!

Peacock is free if you have higher speed Comcast internet...just sign up thru the xfinity website and not the Peacock site

Bug3
Jan '24

As an Xfinity high speed customer you can sign in through the Peacock app or website. You simply use your Xfinity email and password. I actually just did that an hour go to watch the KC/Miami game.

I recorded the NFL Network for 12 a.m. last night, but it wasn't the Chiefs/Dolphins game. It was the Houston/Cleveland game. I tuned in this morning at 6 a.m. and again it's the Houston/Cleveland game. The TV grid is not correct.
However, I looked on the NFL Network website and it says the Chiefs game will be on at 9 a.m., so I will try again. Just trying to avoid finding out who won before then. Lol.

Jan '24

Many people were disappointed in that decision by the NFL to have that game exclusively on the streaming platform Peacock. There was no trial period offered either. One paid for the month or didn't watch live. Not a good look in my opinion.

They moved the game to 3 am on NFL network. We started recording at midnight, and at 12:01 it changed to the other game. It did record at 3.

tmb6123 tmb6123
Jan '24

It's on NFL network right now.

tmb6123 tmb6123
Jan '24

More disregard for the fans by the NFL for putting out false replay times . Luckily I DVRed the entire 6 hours from 12-6am and just missed the last 40 seconds when it cut off at 6am . The game was even more one sided than the score showed and Peacock was weirdly obsessed with Andy Reid's gross frozen snot mustache .

Starting the Bills-Steelers at 4:30 Monday assumes everyone gets off work on MLK day . Unless they work in a government job or at a bank they do not . More tone deaf programming from the NFL .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

The timing of the Bills/Steelers game probably has something to do with the Eagles/Tampa game, which was already scheduled for Monday night at 8 p.m. My guess.

Jan '24

Monday night games used to start at 9pm so moving both games back one hour wouldn't be something new . They sure didn't seem to mind pushing back the Chiefs-Dolphins into sub zero temperatures to make sure that game was in prime time . It was so cold Mahomes' helmet shattered !

Playing on Monday night puts a playoff team at a competitive disadvantage anyway . No reason they couldn't have had 3 games on Saturday and 3 games on Sunday moving the Bills game to early Saturday before the storm . From what I've been reading about that storm they still might not be able to play it on Monday .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

The game will be played at 4:30 tomorrow (unless the Steelers charter flight, currently en route to Buffalo, isn't permitted to land). Whether or not there's enough available parking for all ticket holders to find a space remains to be seen.

Primetime Saturday night Wildcard games have been around for 30 years or more. Nothing got "pushed back"... that was probably slated as soon as the Playoff matchups were finalized. What a dreadfully awful game to watch though. Mahomes helmet exploding was the only thing of interest in the 4-hour Peacock broadcast.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '24

Unlike last night's game, I'm finding the Cowboys Packers game HIGHLY entertaining, lol... 27-0 Pack inside 2:00, 2nd quarter

ianimal ianimal
Jan '24

It figures Jerry Jones is keeping his loser head coach who didn't have the team ready and is once again rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic . The last time the Cowboys won Bill Clinton was president , people had pagers not cell phones , and Jeff Bezos was still selling books out of his garage . The playoff game on Peacock only lost 10-12 million viewers - so much for that experiment .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-nfl-lost-10m-12m-viewers-by-broadcasting-saturday-nights-dolphins-chiefs-game-on-peacock/ar-AA1n9PTV

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '24

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Yankees on Amazon
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.