7 Naughright Rd (Old A&P shopping center)

Does anyone know what is being planned on this (dead) shopping center? It apparently sold! Housing perhaps, oh no!

Mount Olive shopping center trades for $6 million, Marcus says

OCTOBER 14, 2020

Mount Olive Parkade at 7 Naughright Road in Mount Olive — Courtesy:

https://re-nj.com/mount-olive-shopping-center-trades-for-6-million-marcus-says/

Leslie Leslie
Feb '21

What I would do for a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods to open up in what’s left of the old a&p

Why is it assumed that a) it will be made into housing, it is zoned for commercial and MO just approved affordable on 80, b) the lot will be changed at all. Why buy a strip mall during the demise of retail? Car dealership, warehouse? Housing would not fly because Wash. would not approve traffic potential directly into naugh right. I assume the sewage capacity also would not be enough, and it’s in the preservation area

Wonderer
Feb '21

i agree about putting in a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods a million percent!

Or an Aldi's that has the best prices, next to Trader Joe's.

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '21

More likely an Aldi's which I am lukewarm to. Trader Joe's would be awesome and a sign of the area upscaling...

Wegmans!

Sport
Feb '21

Wegmans even better.

TJ's or Wegmans; how nice it would be.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Feb '21

Aldi!!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Feb '21

Any of those stores would be great. Aldi has the Earth Grown brand of plant based food which is supposed to be awesome.

happiest girl
Feb '21

Would be a great place for a quik check

Bug3
Feb '21

Ha Ha Bug3, Good One:-))

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Feb '21

Sooo does anyone know?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '21

NO --- Not another Quik Check or WaWa!!

We need a reasonably-price Supermarket, UNLIKE Weis or Kings!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '21

I want Acme supermarket to open there so we can actually use the ads and coupons we get in the mail.

Five Shoprites
Two Weis’
Two Walmarts
All within 20 minutes of this site.
Really want/need another supermarket?
Seems pretty much saturated to me.

Stymie Stymie
Feb '21

Could this be the possible site for the Harbor Freight that was brought up in a previous post. It is actually a Hackettstown mailing address

Jimt1058
Feb '21

@happiest It is! I'm not vegetarian or vegan & I really like some of their products. They also have a great gluten free line

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Feb '21

Agree it’s probably a harbor freight which is fine with me! Really doubt
It will be a supermarket. And would be highly unlikely it would be a Trader Joe’s or Wegmans or any other upscale market. This area is not an upper middle class suburb as much as we like to think it is LOL.

Friendly Mc face Friendly Mc face
Feb '21

I think it was the entire property known as 7 Naughright. As in the whole plaza. KinderCare, BK, the bank, the strip mall, etc. All it means for now is a new landlord/owner of everything there. It doesnt mean any individual space has been leased and anything new is coming. Of course new tenants will come and go. Hoping the new owner gives the strip mall a facelift.

Scott Scott
Feb '21

Instead of posting about getting a Trader Joe's on a local town website. Ask them for one...

https://www.traderjoes.com/contact-us/location-request

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '21

I think that Budd Lake today is the embodiment of the harbor freight brand. Surprised there already is not one there hahahahaha

MOBudd
Feb '21

Good idea, JrzyGirl88! I just filled out the request. I did the same for Wegman's and Whole Foods, too.

https://www.traderjoes.com/contact-us/location-request

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/customer-service/contact-us

https://www.wegmans.com/service/contact-us/

Charliegrace Charliegrace
Feb '21

Good luck getting a Wegmans or Whole Foods there. These folks do their market research. There's a reason why they're not here already. I'm sure a lack of their target demographic within a certain radius is part of the problem. These days, you aren't opening new physical retail locations that easily.

Not to mention, if I were one of these retailers (or any retailer honestly), I'd be suspicious as to why a supermarket failed there in the first place. And specifically for these two retailers, I would want much easier access to I-80. You aren't helping your radius problem by being at 46 & Naughright. Maybe if something opens up at ITC you have a better chance.

Route 46
Feb '21

the store has been taken over by the owners of NY-based A Matter of Health, and a Facebook post says the store is expected to reopen next spring under the name Nature's Food Markets as a natural supermarket. We'll see how that goes!

I think I know that taste of health market from my time in Rockland County New York. Their food is always super fresh and they offer healthier options. A bit pricey, but high-quality items so it’s more like Whole Foods than Walmart. A step in the right direction if you ask me.

Friendly mcfriend Friendly mcfriend
January 10th

Nice concept. It won't last there unfortunately.

Any renovations going on yet for the new store “Nature’s Food Markets”?

happiest girl
February 17th

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: 7 Naughright Rd (Old A&P shopping center)
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.