stimulus check

Has anybody received your 2nd stimulus check? If so by mail or direct deposit?

BBall Coach BBall Coach
Jan '21

Direct deposit last week.

Not In NJ Anymore Not In NJ Anymore
Jan '21

Got ours on the 4th by direct deposit.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '21

Mailed checks were “scheduled” to go out Jan 6th. You can check the status at irs.gov “Get My Payment” I haven’t received mine yet

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

Mine says info not available. So, I guess I have to do a tax credit for some reason. No idea, because I qualify again.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '21

Same boat as DogDayAfternoon. No problem receiving 1st stimulus via direct deposit and nothing has changed i.e., bank account, address, income, etc. go figure?

luvlife
Jan '21

Direct deposit last week

The one thing that changed is that you did your 2020 taxes. If you used a service like turbotax, they set up accounts for you for the future tax seasons. You can thank congress, who knew this would happen, for sitting on a fix. There's a lot more detail going into them making the account part but it does boil down to them not protecting against it when it was known for months prior to the 2nd check going out.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jan '21

Direct Deposit 1/4/21

hammer hammer
Jan '21

The only thing that changedis that they used 2018 return for first but used 2019 for second..unless you filed 2019 really early

Bug3
Jan '21

www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/business/stimulus-payment-delay-irs.amp.html tells what happened with turbotax and h and r block

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jan '21

Got ours through direct deposit early last week I believe.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Jan '21

The thresholds did go slightly lower in the past round.....

People who file taxes as heads of household and earn up to $112,500 are eligible for the full $600 payment. The payments phase out completely at $124,500. In the first round of stimulus checks, payments phased out at $136,500.

Married joint filers with an AGI of up to $150,000 are eligible to receive a total of $1,200. Payments for married couples phase out at $174,000. In the first round of stimulus checks, payments phased out at $198,000.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jan '21

In the "scheduled for Jan 6" with the post office I am concerned. Last year it took 9 days to get from Hack Middle School to my house in Kenwood. But we can hope....

Mmadone Mmadone
Jan '21

I'm still trying to figure out how to fill out something or whatever to check on why I'm in the 'not available' section. Nothing at all changed in the last year on my end and I got the first, but there is no direct information I'm finding. I guess I'll just 'have' to input for a tax credit for it - whoopdee doo and probably won't get the 2k they're going to do?

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '21

@Yesimpc I haven't yet filed 2020 taxes and I do not use the services of H&R Block nor use Turbo Tax when I file. Guess I'll be taking the tax credit when I do file.

luvlife
Jan '21

Although scheduled for Jan 6, I haven't seen anything yet confirming checks were printed. I've also seen on line comments that everyone who did not get a direct deposit says "data not available". So far, I figure they haven't printed anything and that's the only reason for not seeing a status yet.

Sounds like no one here has gotten a paper check.......yet.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '21

I woke up to mine in the bank on Jan 1st 2021.

How did you file your taxes?... did they send you a check or direct deposit?

Bug3
Jan '21

I didn't owe any taxes nor was I owed a refund, so there was no need for that.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jan '21

Direct deposit on the 6th. A whole whopping $67. I’ll get an Xbox game.

Steve Steve
Jan '21

Have not received the 600 or my 2019 tax return check. Both would be direct deposited. Anyone not get your return yet either?

Independent observer Independent observer
Jan '21

$67? Shouldn’t you be happy with your income? Bragger... ;-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '21

Steve you obviously didn't need the money if you only got $67. LOL... Not that we needed it either. We haven't suffered any lost wages. I just paid off debt with money we got.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '21

Just a quick up date....I see in the post office recap that mine for 600 should be in the mailbox today. Hopefully, the mailperson will put it in the right box. Last time a fellow put something in the box above mine......

Mmadone Mmadone
Jan '21

Charity here, other folks need it more.

Jan '21

Mine still says info unavailable on IRS site. Figures that things go bad and then you need it and have no clue why this time you have to claim a tax credit. That doesn't help. Now afraid the next round will be same thing for 2k, so that's going to hurt.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '21

i would have gladly donated it.

steve steve
Jan '21

Mmadone... What “post office recap” are you referring to?

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

I just received our stimulus check in the mail today!

Havaclue 17 Havaclue 17
Jan '21

DDA; perhaps not. This round was approved by the House eons ago and then delayed from at Congress because of, well you know, and then chaotically rushed to market. Meanwhile, the IRS knew of the issue but had not rectified and now, up against the wall, had no time to do it, the impossible schedule being set by law. We can hope the next version will happen with more structure and less chaos and that the IRS recognizes already that it's going to happen. Then again, pigs might fly :>)

hava --- THANK YOU. And the Eagle has landed!!!

Jan '21

surprised to receive a check today-

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '21

We received our check in the mail today...

joyful joyful
Jan '21

I got a rock. whomp whomp

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '21

Received today.

NJHokieFan NJHokieFan
Jan '21

Received today. Not bad. Only took one week for delivery.

Jan '21

I'm going to guess what Mmadone means by "recap" is you can sign up for a USPS Informed Delivery, which sends you an email about what will be delivered that day. I have it & it's nice to know what's coming that day.

Jan '21

I filed with turbo tax and I got direct deposit on 1/8/21

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jan '21

Thanks Lonesome Dove

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

The recap is an email that I get each postal day that tells me what is supposed to be delivered in the mailbox. I did get the check today.

Mmadone Mmadone
Jan '21

Thanks Mmadone. I may look into it

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

we got a check for over $1000. To be honest, I'm not sure why it was handed out to us as we are not suffering (fortunately). They should have limited the checks to those who are unemployed in my opinion.

friendlyMcface friendlyMcface
Jan '21

Got my check today. Just read Biden is pushing for a $1400 check but I won’t hold my breath.

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

Mine was direct deposit in the beginning of the month. My mom got hers mailed to her yesterday. She had gotten direct deposit the first time but then her M & T bank branch closed up and she changed banks. I couldn't find where to notify the IRS that she had a new account for the direct deposit. The IRS site said that if you missed it and were entitled to if they would either mail it or you could fill out a form when preparing your taxes to get it.

magpie magpie
Jan '21

Just got my check for $2,400 today... I only hope that Uncle Joe gets off his old ass and gets me my extra free money before I have to file for 2020. If I do, I'm not gonna see a dime.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '21

Do you think all checks for $600.00 are out yet?

My wife received hers but I did not. Last time we received one check payable to both of us.

Wonder who keeps control on this benefit ???

Bernie Bernie
Jan '21

Did you check Get My Payment to see when or if your check was scheduled to be mailed?

IRS deadline was Jan 15th so some may still be in transit.

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

Really sucks to not be eligible by such a small margin. Not even for 3 children 6 and under. Daycare in today's world is astronomical. Hope this nightmare ends by fall of 2021

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jan '21

I know I check that IRS payment section daily and still 'unavailable', not enough info, etc. it says. Why? I have no idea. I got the last one and not a thing changed in my life. I guess maybe they think I died. (although, dead people got them last time. )

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '21

If you used the free tax filing service VITA they may have not efiled your 2019 tax return because it fell beneath the required amount required to file . I've heard United Way always efiles the return no matter the amount , but Norwescap is a bunch of clueless amateur bunglers who leave you to cleanup their incompetence .That is you will have to pay someone to do your 2020 taxes right and file the form with your 2020 return to include the stimulus that you would have gotten had the 2019 return been filed .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '21

Got mine three days ago, relative still waiting.

Jan '21

Still did not get my direct deposit. Bank account has not changed.
Anyone else in the same situation?

happiest girl
Feb '21

Yes, happiest girl. Nothing at all changed in my life in between, but I have gotten nothing. Still status unavailable or says I'm not getting on the IRS site. Yet, you have no one to check with, verify, and so on.

DogDayAfternoon
Feb '21

Happiest Girl, DogDayAfternoon, I too received the same status response when checking and nothing has changed financially for me to now be ineligible. This time I dug further into the site. From digging around on https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment I found the number 1.800.919.9835.

After not too bad of a wait time, I spoke with one IRS rep. and then a supervisor. The supervisor said that the in limbo/non-committal status in conjunction with not having filed my 2019 taxes (my United Way appt. had been cancelled due to COVID and I never rescheduled. As time passed I thought I would take care of 2019 when I did 2020 taxes. I also didn't think that we would still be in the same situation of avoiding interaction w/people as much as possible).

The IRS supervisor said the 1st stimulus ck. was cut based upon 2018 or 2019 taxes and that for the 2nd stimulus check to be cut you needed to have filed your 2019 taxes. Too late now to file 2019 online for the 2nd stimulus so they said to claim the "Recovery Rebate Credit" by filling out line 30 on your 2020 1040 form. This is NOT a "Non-refundable credit applied against tax" - this is where you "register/apply" to receive the 2nd stimulus check (if you haven't received it already). There is more info on that site about getting a Tax Transcript to see if the stimulus check was processed and how to request a trace. But calling them at 1.800.919.9835 was painless and not too time consuming.

Pls. review the site and call them to discuss your specific situation/concerns.

Three Bees Plus Three Bees Plus
Feb '21

My mother-in-law still hasn't received her check. She moved a few months ago and the IRS has her old address. Mail forwarding is active so she's still hoping it arrives. If not, she'll do the recovery credit on her taxes.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Feb '21

Thank you, Three Bees Plus. I filed, but don't know if there's another reason, but I'll try to call. Thanks.

DogDayAfternoon
Feb '21

And don’t forget all stimulus monies get realized almost dollar for dollar on your tax return. No free gift.

Steve Steve
Feb '21

No free gift? They tax it all away?

And isn’t there a credit too?

Fact is 35% of the stimulus went into savings. That did not fuel the economy or help those needing help. Another 30% went to debt repayment. Again, this did not add to gdp. Only 30% went to consumption because most Americans still have their jobs and their spending is down. The broad brush stimulus is a free lunch and does not act as intended.

Having lost sight of our objective, we decided to double down on our efforts. Sigh.

Feb '21

"And don’t forget all stimulus monies get realized almost dollar for dollar on your tax return. No free gift."

What does that even mean? Can someone please translate this for me?

lonelyvoice
Feb '21

Taxable income.

Grillmaster Grillmaster
Feb '21

I’m not sure where you got your info, Steve. The IRS doesn’t consider the stimulus checks as income and they are not taxable:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-my-stimulus-check-taxable-income-trump-signs-900-billion-coronavirus-bill-but-myths-about-the-stimulus-persist-11609127818

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/stimulus-checks-taxes-unemployment-benefits/index.html

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Feb '21

Just like unemployment monies are taxed. But I do think there’s a credit against the stimulus tax too. Thought I saw that fly by in Turbo Tax.

Feb '21

The stimulus check is not considered taxable income. Not sure where Steve got that idea but he could not be more wrong

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-2020-tax-return#collapseCollapsible1610651002497

Q J2. Is the Payment includible in my gross income? (updated April 24, 2020)
A2. No, the Payment is not includible in your gross income. Therefore, you will not include the Payment in your taxable income on your Federal income tax return or pay income tax on your Payment. It will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2020 Federal income tax return.

A Payment also will not affect your income for purposes of determining eligibility for federal government assistance or benefit programs.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '21

I would strongly suggest asking your tax professional any questions you may have and don't believe advice you read on the internet..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '21

My bad, turbo tax makes it look like taxable income in that you enter the amounts, but later on a credit is given against said accounts. Not sure how these worksheets hit the tax forms, it's all in the machine for me. So, however they do it, no tax or tax-credit = no tax, the bottom line is it is not tax. I was wrong.

Feb '21

Turbo tax does that to see if you have received the stimulus already. If you have not then you do some extra steps when filing to get it to you.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Feb '21

Well here's a story. For 50 better years I have filed jointly with my wife.

The first stimulus check came thru with our names on one check. Correct amount due us.

The second stimulus came thru for her NONE for me. The government decided to break us up and THUS making her not making the threshold and I made too much. I love how the government does what it wants - when it wants- the way it wants !!!!!

Bernie Bernie
Feb '21

Bernie- the exact same thing happened to us. #1 both. #2 only me. I suppose #3 will be only me. Gotta love the Government LOL

auntiel auntiel
Feb '21

My bad turbo tax does make it look taxable but it’s not.

Steve Steve
Feb '21

Steve, yeah, it makes it look like wax on, wax off as is you enter the revenue and then the worksheet credits it off. I figured it out.

The EIP (economic income payments) are not taxed.

However, you can fill out the worksheet which is important IF you did not receive a stimulus check (one and two), OR you did not receive full stimulus. In which case you get a "recovery rebate" which is a credit off your taxes paid. That's the method also for folks who didn't receive their second checks or I guess if one person got shorted.

It's called Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet because the gubermint likes to repeat itself (Rebate Credit is like Free Gift....a little redundant).

Feb '21

Anyone get the 1400 deposit or check yet? My BIL got his in Arizona on Tuesday

eapos eapos
Mar '21

Ours was in our bank account yesterday !

Mariann Mariann
Mar '21

Stock market rally to come...

Since we have yet to file our 2020 taxes, we won't get a stimulus check. Instead, we'll have to wait to claim it on our taxes next year. I wonder how many people are in the same position where they made more in 2019 than 2020 and haven't filed yet.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Mar '21

Outs was deposited in our yesterday and we didn't do our taxes yet.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Mar '21

Jrsemom - we won't get one because they're still using the 2019 tax info if you haven't filed for 2020 yet. In 2019, we made more than we did in 2020. Based on that, we won't get anything until we file for 2021 and get a credit.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Mar '21

We received the third stimulus checks by direct deposit yesterday.

Susan Susan
Mar '21

Still just received first, but nothing for second and third. No idea why. I qualify and nothing changed. Oh well.

DogDayAfternoon
Mar '21

DogDayAfternoon --

Same with me. So the second one will have to go on the 2020 tax form as Recovery Rebate. The third one will have to go on the 2021 tax form. What a pain.

happiest girl
Mar '21

Smilingbecs, I understand what you mean know. Thanks.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Mar '21

Yeah, free money... what a pain.

(in all seriousness, I know alot of people have had work issues with this virus, I get it. But anyone actually COMPLAINING about the the help they are recieving really rings false for me. Unless you're just a jerk.)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '21

I haven’t file my 2020 taxes and I received it yesterday. Don’t understand why some have to wait until they file. I use TurboTax so maybe that?

Bentley
Mar '21

Here is some good information for those who did not receive the 1st or second, towards the end of the article:
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-to-do-if-you-havent-received-your-stimulus-check-or-its-for-the-wrong-amount.html

Bentley
Mar '21

I wound up owing a little on my 2019 return which meant that they didn't have a bank routing number for the second payment to be direct deposited like the first one was based on my 2018 return.

I just hope the check gets here before May 17th or I probably won't see a dime. I'll be waiting until the last minute and also let USPS take their sweet time, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

I animal — same with me ... I owed a very small amount on my 2019 return, ... but the bank routing number should have been there from the year before when I got a refund. Don’t understand what went wrong — what is the May 17 date you mentioned .... are the payments supposed to be sent by then?

Happiestgirl
Mar '21

Happiestgirl

May 17th is the new Tax Filing deadline this year, as opposed to the normal April 15th.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '21

If you didn’t file your 2020 tax return yet, they will use the 2019 one !

Mariann Mariann
Mar '21

anyone have a working # for the IRS?
1 800 829 1040 gets me nowhere
thanks

Rose -- for information about the stimulus check?

happiest girl
Mar '21

Google " Get my stimulus " it takes you to IRS and put in your SS# and your date of birth then address and zip. It will tell you when it's going in your acc. Mine goes in Wednesday'.

The Get My Payment website also tells you NOT to call the IRS with inquiries about your stimulus payment.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

my check was deposited in an old acct that is no longer active, I got notice saying they would deposit again next wed into same old acct, so dont know what to do

Many people are still getting the "Not Available" message on Get My Payment.
The IRS has set up a special hotline for the Economic Impact Payment --
800-919-9835.
I'm calling Monday. The second payment can go on your 2020 tax form. If you don't get the third one, that means waiting a year to get it as that one goes on the 2021 tax form. What a bummer.

happiest girl
Mar '21

My Get My Payment status went from "Status Unavailable" to "Check will be Mailed on March 26th" today... phew.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

Ka-ching... thanks, Uncle Joe.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

get my payment said mailing check 3/26, got delivered today, 3/27, pretty good!

eapos eapos
Mar '21

Got mine soon after they said they were sending it.

Countryside
Mar '21

So does this mean that if you chase the check they send it

If you don't chase the check they Don't send it

It was like this with the unemployment check

Bernie Bernie
Mar '21

No Ka-ching until you actually receive it via the USPS...

My experience mirrored eapos's... GetMyPayment said it would be mailed on the 26th and it was in my mailbox on the 27th.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

Ka-ching it is...

Mine still says they don't have enough info and unavailable. They sent me the first, not the second, and I guess not the third. Oh well. I should get it, but can't figure out why I haven't. But, since it's 'extra' money in my pocket, trying not to stress. (That doesn't mean not jealous of those who've gotten them all. LOL)

DogDayAfternoon
Mar '21

We just got our welfare check in the mail. Last one was direct deposit dunno why paper this time

Itiswhatitis
Mar '21

Hi, confusing information online

My son is 18. He has always lived with me and I have always claimed him on income tax. Should he be getting a stimulus pymt?

Thanks

Yes, all dependents are eligible this time around.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

Thank you ianimal

Nothing for me. Checked for the first time today and it said there wasn’t enough info. If I’m due a check, I think I’d get one considering I got one the first time around. I think there may be a problem with my address. I live on 517 and sometimes I write the address as “route 517” and sometimes “rt 517” or “CR 517” and even “county road 517”. Not sure which I used on 2019s taxes. Time to start digging...

Consigliere
Mar '21

The taxpayer claiming plus the dependent get a $1400 check each?

Technically, the taxpayer gets a check for $1,400 for itself and an additional $1,400 for each dependent listed on the tax return combined into a single check made payable to the taxpayer(s) listed on the return. There aren't separate checks cut for dependents.

The difference this time is that adult dependents are also eligible, whereas only those under 18 were previously eligible.

My wife and I file jointly so the check was made out to both of us.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

I see the figure of 1400 mentioned, but our check sent to us both was less than half that amount. Not sure why.

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Mar '21

Kimberlysea - was it exactly $600 each? If so that was the second stimulus, not the third. If it was your third then you have hit the income limits and had a reduced payment.

Thanks GC. It was our third

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Mar '21

We received the first and second checks (not direct deposit but via the mail) but nothing so far for us...

joyful joyful
Mar '21

Missed half of the second and nothing for the third. I wish I understood there way of distributing this money.

Are they finished with distributing the third stimulus?

Bernie Bernie
Mar '21

Bernie, see below link related to how spouses' payments may be issued separately. Have you check the GetMyPayment website using your SSN?

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2021/03/stimulus-check-update-my-spouse-got-a-payment-but-i-didnt-why-not.html

ianimal ianimal
Mar '21

Received our direct deposit today.

NJHokieFan NJHokieFan
Mar '21

I guess everyone is getting a different result. My son's check was supposedly mailed on the 26th, like so many of you have said, but he has not received it yet.

Apr '21

Still says “payment status not available.” I’m starting to think my family won’t get anything...

Consigliere
Apr '21

Consigliere, mine suddenly says I'm eligible this morning, so don't give up hope.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '21

Does anyone remember when we received the VERY first stimulus check and how much it was worth per person?

Bernie Bernie
Apr '21

I got $1200 last April.

Apr '21

My check was suppose to be mailed on April 1st, still waiting. Anyone else have that experience?

Bernie -

$1200 in March/April 2020
$600 in January 2021
$1400 in March 2021

All of this dependent on your adjusted gross income.

hiker hiker
Apr '21

Rose, my son's check was supposedly mailed on March 26th. He has not received it.

Apr '21

Well, we finally got a deposit in our account on April 7 ---- but only for my husband. Mine didn't come in yet.
Bizarre as we file a joint return.

happiest girl
Apr '21

Happiest- call them or check on line immediately. The same thing happened to us with the last check. File jointly, I received it (paper check) husband did not. I thought it was just going to be later. Time ran out for me to check. Now it’s tax time, accountant wants to know where it is and the proof I received it and he didn’t. I keep telling them the same thing over and over. We did receive this past check, direct deposit. Go figure! Good luck and don’t wait.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '21

auntiel -- thanks for that information.
What is the number you called?

happiest girl
Apr '21

Yes auntie - what is the number you called? Funny thing: we file jointly and have for the last 50 years plus.

Fist stimulus we received jointly in a check form.

Second stimulus I received a check - husband nothing.

Third stimulus deposited for the both of us in our checking account.

I am having a problem in how they are not consistent in their bookkeeping.

Bernie Bernie
Apr '21

Scroll up to Feb 5 th. Three bees posted the number and web site. That’s what I used. Make sure you only put in the information of the person who did not receive their check. It will bump you off the site if it’s wrong. Don’t wait. Good luck.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: stimulus check
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.