stimulus check

Has anybody received your 2nd stimulus check? If so by mail or direct deposit?

BBall Coach BBall Coach
1 week ago

Direct deposit last week.

Not In NJ Anymore Not In NJ Anymore
1 week ago

Got ours on the 4th by direct deposit.

Metsman Metsman
1 week ago

Mailed checks were “scheduled” to go out Jan 6th. You can check the status at irs.gov “Get My Payment” I haven’t received mine yet

Local Gal Local Gal
1 week ago

Mine says info not available. So, I guess I have to do a tax credit for some reason. No idea, because I qualify again.

DogDayAfternoon
1 week ago

Same boat as DogDayAfternoon. No problem receiving 1st stimulus via direct deposit and nothing has changed i.e., bank account, address, income, etc. go figure?

luvlife
1 week ago

Direct deposit last week

The one thing that changed is that you did your 2020 taxes. If you used a service like turbotax, they set up accounts for you for the future tax seasons. You can thank congress, who knew this would happen, for sitting on a fix. There's a lot more detail going into them making the account part but it does boil down to them not protecting against it when it was known for months prior to the 2nd check going out.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
1 week ago

Direct Deposit 1/4/21

The only thing that changedis that they used 2018 return for first but used 2019 for second..unless you filed 2019 really early

www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/business/stimulus-payment-delay-irs.amp.html tells what happened with turbotax and h and r block

Yesimpc Yesimpc
1 week ago

Got ours through direct deposit early last week I believe.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
1 week ago

The thresholds did go slightly lower in the past round.....

People who file taxes as heads of household and earn up to $112,500 are eligible for the full $600 payment. The payments phase out completely at $124,500. In the first round of stimulus checks, payments phased out at $136,500.

Married joint filers with an AGI of up to $150,000 are eligible to receive a total of $1,200. Payments for married couples phase out at $174,000. In the first round of stimulus checks, payments phased out at $198,000.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
1 week ago

In the "scheduled for Jan 6" with the post office I am concerned. Last year it took 9 days to get from Hack Middle School to my house in Kenwood. But we can hope....

Mmadone Mmadone
1 week ago

I'm still trying to figure out how to fill out something or whatever to check on why I'm in the 'not available' section. Nothing at all changed in the last year on my end and I got the first, but there is no direct information I'm finding. I guess I'll just 'have' to input for a tax credit for it - whoopdee doo and probably won't get the 2k they're going to do?

DogDayAfternoon
1 week ago

@Yesimpc I haven't yet filed 2020 taxes and I do not use the services of H&R Block nor use Turbo Tax when I file. Guess I'll be taking the tax credit when I do file.

luvlife
1 week ago

Although scheduled for Jan 6, I haven't seen anything yet confirming checks were printed. I've also seen on line comments that everyone who did not get a direct deposit says "data not available". So far, I figure they haven't printed anything and that's the only reason for not seeing a status yet.

Sounds like no one here has gotten a paper check.......yet.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
1 week ago

I woke up to mine in the bank on Jan 1st 2021.

How did you file your taxes?... did they send you a check or direct deposit?

I didn't owe any taxes nor was I owed a refund, so there was no need for that.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
1 week ago

Direct deposit on the 6th. A whole whopping $67. I’ll get an Xbox game.

Have not received the 600 or my 2019 tax return check. Both would be direct deposited. Anyone not get your return yet either?

Independent observer Independent observer
1 week ago

$67? Shouldn’t you be happy with your income? Bragger... ;-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
1 week ago

Steve you obviously didn't need the money if you only got $67. LOL... Not that we needed it either. We haven't suffered any lost wages. I just paid off debt with money we got.

Metsman Metsman
1 week ago

Just a quick up date....I see in the post office recap that mine for 600 should be in the mailbox today. Hopefully, the mailperson will put it in the right box. Last time a fellow put something in the box above mine......

Mmadone Mmadone
1 week ago

Charity here, other folks need it more.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
1 week ago

Mine still says info unavailable on IRS site. Figures that things go bad and then you need it and have no clue why this time you have to claim a tax credit. That doesn't help. Now afraid the next round will be same thing for 2k, so that's going to hurt.

DogDayAfternoon
1 week ago

i would have gladly donated it.

Mmadone... What “post office recap” are you referring to?

Local Gal Local Gal
1 week ago

I just received our stimulus check in the mail today!

Havaclue 17 Havaclue 17
1 week ago

DDA; perhaps not. This round was approved by the House eons ago and then delayed from at Congress because of, well you know, and then chaotically rushed to market. Meanwhile, the IRS knew of the issue but had not rectified and now, up against the wall, had no time to do it, the impossible schedule being set by law. We can hope the next version will happen with more structure and less chaos and that the IRS recognizes already that it's going to happen. Then again, pigs might fly :>)

hava --- THANK YOU. And the Eagle has landed!!!

1 week ago

surprised to receive a check today-

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

We received our check in the mail today...

I got a rock. whomp whomp

DogDayAfternoon
1 week ago

Received today.

NJHokieFan NJHokieFan
1 week ago

Received today. Not bad. Only took one week for delivery.

1 week ago

I'm going to guess what Mmadone means by "recap" is you can sign up for a USPS Informed Delivery, which sends you an email about what will be delivered that day. I have it & it's nice to know what's coming that day.

1 week ago

I filed with turbo tax and I got direct deposit on 1/8/21

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
1 week ago

Thanks Lonesome Dove

Local Gal Local Gal
1 week ago

The recap is an email that I get each postal day that tells me what is supposed to be delivered in the mailbox. I did get the check today.

Mmadone Mmadone
1 week ago

Thanks Mmadone. I may look into it

Local Gal Local Gal
1 week ago

we got a check for over $1000. To be honest, I'm not sure why it was handed out to us as we are not suffering (fortunately). They should have limited the checks to those who are unemployed in my opinion.

friendlyMcface friendlyMcface
1 week ago

Got my check today. Just read Biden is pushing for a $1400 check but I won’t hold my breath.

Local Gal Local Gal
1 week ago

Mine was direct deposit in the beginning of the month. My mom got hers mailed to her yesterday. She had gotten direct deposit the first time but then her M & T bank branch closed up and she changed banks. I couldn't find where to notify the IRS that she had a new account for the direct deposit. The IRS site said that if you missed it and were entitled to if they would either mail it or you could fill out a form when preparing your taxes to get it.

Just got my check for $2,400 today... I only hope that Uncle Joe gets off his old ass and gets me my extra free money before I have to file for 2020. If I do, I'm not gonna see a dime.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Do you think all checks for $600.00 are out yet?

My wife received hers but I did not. Last time we received one check payable to both of us.

Wonder who keeps control on this benefit ???

Did you check Get My Payment to see when or if your check was scheduled to be mailed?

IRS deadline was Jan 15th so some may still be in transit.

Local Gal Local Gal
6 days ago

Really sucks to not be eligible by such a small margin. Not even for 3 children 6 and under. Daycare in today's world is astronomical. Hope this nightmare ends by fall of 2021

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
6 days ago

I know I check that IRS payment section daily and still 'unavailable', not enough info, etc. it says. Why? I have no idea. I got the last one and not a thing changed in my life. I guess maybe they think I died. (although, dead people got them last time. )

DogDayAfternoon
6 days ago

If you used the free tax filing service VITA they may have not efiled your 2019 tax return because it fell beneath the required amount required to file . I've heard United Way always efiles the return no matter the amount , but Norwescap is a bunch of clueless amateur bunglers who leave you to cleanup their incompetence .That is you will have to pay someone to do your 2020 taxes right and file the form with your 2020 return to include the stimulus that you would have gotten had the 2019 return been filed .

Got mine three days ago, relative still waiting.

2 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: stimulus check
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.