Yellowstone TV series

Anybody here watch the Kevin Costner modern western series Yellowstone on the Paramount Network(55SD/827HD)? Closest thing to Justified on tv these days , but even more intense with all the nudity , language , and violence of an HBO show . Marathon of season one began yesterday and continues 9-11pm all week . Season two marathon starts Sunday at 8am and season 3 premieres Sunday night . No sports on might as well watch something good from the creator of Hell or High Water and Wind River . I honestly didn't know this show existed until I saw the season 1 dvd on the library shelf last year . Checked it out / was not disappointed .

https://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/yellowstone

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '20

97XBAM We've been watching back to back seasons for the Season 3 premiere on Father's day night!

Enjoy watching . And whatever you do remember never to leave your hat on the bed !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vHE6-idNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVLuPUuNJs

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '20

I've been watching since Season 1. Love it, can't wait for the new season to start this weekend.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '20

Any platform for streaming seasons 1 & 2?

ianimal ianimal
Jun '20

I believe Warren County Library is now offering curbside pickup and returns in the drop box . Not sure how pickup works I guess you can reserve season 1 and 2 on dvd online and they email or call to tell you when to pickup outside the nearest branch when they arrive .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '20

Now we finally know why Beth hates Jamie with a passion . Here's a streamer guide I've come across since my last post - https://www.justwatch.com/ . Last week's biker beat down was the season 3 best episode by far .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-SnYHO27g

Behind the scenes ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wIJEim-BM

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '20

97X the way it worked for us was to log in to their website, reserve your items and choose a date and time to pick up. The items will be sitting outside on a table labeled with your name.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '20

I dropped off 5 dvds last Friday and picked up seven - it's an efficient system . Stephen King's new book If It Bleeds just became available to me in the cloud library to download into my ereader . Their latest newsletter has them getting the okay from the governor to open to the public in August after the special equipment on order is installed .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '20

I started watching Yellowstone and really enjoy it! I’m all caught up to the newest episode of season 3

Michael Michael
Jul '20

Other than the backstory that confirms Jamie has always been a deceitful, evil, spineless snake and Beth has good reason to hate him.. the other thing I took away this week was. 300 horses and only $16,000? How can that be?

hktownie hktownie
Jul '20

The sale was illegal and done before the bank could seize all the estate assets so that's one reason . I know next to nothing about horses , but these were described as brood mares and babies . I remember when the Yellowstone was looking for a stallion for stud purposes and the prices were 500K and up . So I'm guessing they cost a whole lot more depending on their history of siring champions .

It seemed like keeping Beth's pregnancy and abortion secret was the main concern . Don't know anything about Montana law , but mandatory sterilization looks pretty bizarre . If younger John Dutton wasn't such an angry jerk maybe Beth could have gone to him , the way her mother hated her easy to see why she didn't . That didn't work out so well for Kayce when he told his dad he got Monica pregnant and got branded for refusing to abort the child . Someday Jamie's bastard child and mother will come back to cause more hi-jinks and shenanigans among this already dysfunctional family !

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '20

The series can be streamed through Peacock also. Yes hktownie Beth has a really big reason to hate Jamie! Always wondered what it was until this past episode! Its a great show to watch!

"It seemed like keeping Beth's pregnancy and abortion secret was the main concern . Don't know anything about Montana law , but mandatory sterilization looks pretty bizarre"

I believe the mandatory sterilization was because Jaime took Beth to an Indian Reservation health clinic and that is their rules. The receptionist told him to go to a regular health clinic but he refused after he showed her who he was and that people would know and he couldn't risk it.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jul '20

I got the feeling that he was too lazy or busy to take her to Billings, and he really didn't care. Jamie is sly and weak.

The US had some horrible policies for Native Americans. Separating the children from their families, sending to special schools to try to educate the Indian out of them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_boarding_schools

Indian women going to a clinic for unrelated health issue and while they were under they would just be sterilized, without their knowledge or consent. Only to spend years wondering why they couldn't conceive. A dark place in US history for sure. https://time.com/5737080/native-american-sterilization-history/

hktownie hktownie
Jul '20

Of course the clinic on the rez , don't know how I missed that . It's reminiscent of the movie Wind River which has the actress who plays Monica as a young murdered Indian girl on a Wyoming reservation at the center of the story . At the end of that movie it states many disappearances of young Native American women go unsolved . Every time a Duggar or Kardashian reproduces it's major news , but a whole race was mistreated and forgotten - still being forgotten . It's just so damn sad !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7ZknrV7gM

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '20

Best episode of the season . Not only was the issue of young native American women disappearing addressed , Rainwater's one-liner quipping bodyguard Mo Brings Plenty turns out to be a long range sniper as well . I knew just as soon as Rip asked Lloyd to go on a road trip with him he was going to ask him to be his best man . Will they let the branded singing cowboy live that Kayce let go ? I guess 500 million would ruin the quiet ambiance of the ranch what with skiers jetting in and all . Costner said if you had all the money in the world this ranch is what you would buy . But for an even billion I'd sell it all and start a ranch in Canada and raise moose meat !

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2511354/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

It was a great episode 97XBAM! I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left! I think they are working on Season 4!

The only real weak spot in the show is the grandson Tate who seems to be getting dumber each season the way his part is written . If he's not falling into the river while gathering firewood or staying in a drainpipe with a rattlesnake , running off alone into woods with a hungry wolf in them while his parents do it , he's asking dumb questions like what's a callus ? Reminds me of Timmy the kid from Lassie who was always falling off a cliff , wandering into bear dens , having trees randomly fall on him , or encountering the one rabid bobcat in the woods . At least he had Lassie to to save him or bark at someone for help .They're fighting to save that ranch for a kid who would trade it for a pack of candy cigarettes and a bag of stale potato chips !

Anyhow I think Walker the singing cowboy is history . Rip promised he'd get him and he usually keeps those promises . Besides only there's only two episodes left and they haven't reached anywhere near the body count in the two previous seasons . It's like the season of The Sopranos when they cut way down on the violence because series star James Gandolfini thought it was getting far too violent .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

I think they need to deed it back to the Native Americans with Tate's best interests at heart. Maybe a very slow handover like Hong Kong :-) So the adults involved can still live the ranching life.

Pretty sure then it can't be touched even by eminent domain.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/jsinger/blog/states-may-not-take-tribal-land-eminent-domain

hktownie hktownie
Aug '20

What did everyone think about the season three finale ? Without giving away any spoilers it looks like they saved most of the violence for the last two episodes with a lot of plot lines unresolved . Rip is gonna want to send a lot of people to the train station .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3hJdJogp8

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

Anyplace to start streaming season 1?

Was interested in watching but only see Season 3 being available.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '20

https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/yellowstone-2018

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

There is no question war has been declared on the Duttons at this point with all of the targeted attacks. My biggest question, and I'm sure others have it too, is who would be daring enough to go down this path? They certainly gave a compelling reason for each party involved in the deal to do so but who really has the stomach to see it through?

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Aug '20

It hard to tell with so many open ended things from the explosion to the gunshots! I'm hoping all the main characters that were injured will be back in Season 4! And Rip gets married to Beth. Fingers crossed she survives the explosion!

I think the person who was daring enough and had the time to plan it all was Jamie!
1-
The Native American contingent was being pushed by their (attorney? woman with black lipstick) but they didn't have time to plan all that, and for sure at least one shooter from the gray van was white. And wouldn't they also have targeted Jamie?
2-
The Corporate guys were being pushed to 'act like this is an oil takeover in Yemen' but again they didn't have enough time after the meeting and Roarke doesn't seem like the kind to act that quickly or get his hands dirty. He didn't even have his hirelings around to make anything happen. No motive to target Jamie here so that part makes sense though.
3-
Jamie had means, motive, opportunity and time to plan. And someone who could help him pull it all together. He told Beth he had 'alot to say'. But it wasn't with words.

Now we just have to wait a really long time to find out for sure.

hktownie hktownie
Aug '20

hktownie, your 3 points are hard to refute i must say.. as much as i don't like Jamie, i still don't want it to be him that is responsible. especially after everything John did for him by taking him in and raising him as his son. where i take issue is with Casey because i thought Jamie and he had a pretty decent "brotherly" relationship where they understood each other. for Jamie to set up Casey like that i just can't rationalize.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Aug '20

My theory is that the bomb and the shootings were two separate incidents . The bomb by Roarke(who we now know is a hired killer)after Beth screwed up his Market Equities boss Willa's reputation . Beth would agree to sell if her dad and Kayce were out of the picture so why would whoever ordered the hit on them want Beth dead as well ? My guess for the shootings is Angela Blue Thunder , simply because no one went after her and Thomas Rainwater and their impending decade or longer lawsuit to stop the development.

I see it being far too early for Jamie to break bad after just finding out about his dad unless his murdering father did it without his knowledge . I was waiting for the long range sniper shot from Mo Brings Plenty when John was changing the tire , but it was a machine gun instead - not Mo's style . Besides he doesn't like Angela burning sage to ward off evil spirits when she showed up . And Rainwater has a kind of respect for John for not wanting the land developed . I predict a wheelchair in Jimmy's future and Beth living with a scarred face from the blast . Her and Rip were too happy , can't have that on Yellowstone .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

D Man Just started watching season 1 on peacock TV through my Xfinity cable service

Had Enough Had Enough
Aug '20

^ Thanks, but unfortunately I use a Firestick for my TV and there is an ongoing dispute so I can’t get the Peacock app. Once resolved I’ll give the show a shot.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '20

Or you could just reserve the dvd at the Warren County Library for curbside pickup , they have season 1 and 2 . What is nice about the dvds is all the behind the scenes extras on them . I have a friend who still has Netflix dvd by mail and he is currently watching season 2 .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '20

D-manPV, using a Firestick you can sideload the Peacock app. (essentially, downloading the app's install file from the net and uploading it to the Firestick). I don't know if you are tech savvy at all but it is an option if interested. Just simply google "sideload Firestick" and you'll get loads of resources.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Aug '20

Yellowstone Thanksgiving marathon - all 3 seasons starting Saturday November 21st on the Paramount network . Also starting Sunday November 22nd all 3 seasons will be available on the Peacock app .

https://ew.com/tv/how-watch-every-episode-yellowstone/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '20

I have a friend who really likes this show. I typically don't watch much TV let alone a series however I may check this one out after listening to his excitement about it.

I've already watching all the seasons again! Can't wait until Season 4 in June 2021!

Paramount is running a marathon Thanksgiving weekend!

azgirl azgirl
Nov '20

Good news Yellowstone fans , a prequel is on the way . Y:1883 will be shown on Paramount + . Hopefully that app will be free if you already have the Paramount channel . The teaser in the link below will be shown during the Super Bowl .

https://deadline.com/2021/02/yellowstone-prequel-y-1883-paramount-plus-mega-new-overall-deal-taylor-sheridan-viacomcbs-mtv-entertainment-1234688653/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Feb '21

Are you ready for Montana Governor John Dutton ? November 13th can't get here fast enough !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQmKIKt1zk

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '22

Looking forward to seeing Beth Dutton kicking some butt and her marriage to RIP.

dan l dan l
Sep '22

Not even her dad or Rip try to stop the force of nature that is Beth Dutton as seen in last season's finale .It's ridiculous that Kelly Reilly has never once been nominated for an Emmy for that role !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv7cVR0egag

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '22

97XBAM, yes, Kelly Reilly is excellent in her role and is deserving of the recognition. In the prequel 1883, Elsa Dutton reminds me of the feisty Beth. Isabel May, who plays Elsa, is phenomenal IMO.

dan l dan l
Sep '22

OMG - Costner does soap, modern style.

Can you imagine all those people being murdered, dumped in the same spot over the State line, and no one knows? What is it, like the biggest mass grave in the West?

"sure, I need a job, brand me." that never gets old.

Montana must be so happy.

So far, 22 people have been offed. That's a lot of missing persons. The total dying in the Park since 1890 is 21. They found them all.....

That's one person every two episodes. And no one really notices.

Lee Dutton, Roarke Morris, Sarah Nguyen, Dirk Hurdstram, Robert Long, Dan Jenkins, and Garret Randall. Other deaths on the show include Fred Myers, Patrick Monieth, Teal Beck, Malcolm Beck, Jason, Ray, Blake, Carter Meads, Luke Hayes, Torry, Wade Morrow, Clint Morrow, Chester Spears, and Donnie Haskell. dead, morte, murdered..

Yup, just another day in the park......

Babbit Babbit
Sep '22

If Yellowstone is a soap then so is Breaking Bad , Ozark , Sons of Anarchy and any other over the top violent action program . Twenty two ? More like over two hundred considering they just wiped out a whole violent militia group .The thugs shot by Rip and John in the diner , the torturers of Beth who Rip killed by literally walking through gunfire , the former meth head friends of Jimmy blown up in their trailer by the branded cowboys , and the list goes on .

The two best assassins on the show IMO are former Navy Seal Kayce Dutton and bodyguard/driver for Thomas Rainwater - Mo Brings Plenty . Mo will kill you straight up close or put a bullet into you from a mile away(of course Rip can kill in more inventive ways like throwing a snake into your face or stage your suicide). And like Kayce said to Rip ,"You'll never meet a man who's killed more men than me , but I never killed anyone who didn't deserve it ." So how many people get whacked in a season of Daze of Our Lives ?

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '22

chillax, i said soap-modern style, not soap. you know, a touch of tarantino/richie tossed on the old soap human drama formula.....

you're right on the murders, bad sourcing on my behalf. it said "currrent?"

the show is the show, people like all sorts of things, but the reality of all these dead people against my "moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon......" seems pretty funny to me.

Even if the swamps of Secaucus were filling up with them, even in Soprano'd NJ, we would notice that kind of death toll. Their vistas are better though :>)

Babbit Babbit
Oct '22

Tomorrow for the season 5 premiere . Unless you have don't have cable and have Paramount streaming which is the Yellowstone network . Sorry only Peacock streaming gets Yellowstone . A Catch 22 if ever there was one !

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '22

Amazon Prime is currently taking pre-orders for season 5 (HD) which will debut starting November 14th for $40. The "Season Pass" option provides an SD quality as episodes become available for $30. (prices rounded up from $39.99 and $29.99)

Yellowstone is ending with the last 6 episodes airing in November . It had gotten pretty lame anyway so maybe it's tied in Matthew McConaughey spin off(sic)will be better . Looking forward to the second seasons of 1923 and Tulsa King !

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/yellowstone-final-season-5-sequel-series-premiere-date-december-1235604403/

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '23

This was like watching a train wreck at a nudist camp. Costner should be ashamed of himself. Although, like a train wreck, I had to watch every episode. I ain’t no prude, but where’s the value of gratuitous sexual novelties?

It was Dallas meets Game of Thrones, and Idaho has 1000 bodies in a ravine that no one can find. Over a century of dumping now.

When they tell Beth she’s going to the train station she won’t know whether she’s dying or pulling. Heck, just describe it here to be banned, it’s that low brow. And I keep watching, but no more. What’s a wrap gonna add except a bigger pile. Im done.

With the Yellowstone ending the only question is, will Helen Mira be bent over a table by Harrison Ford in 1923?

Even though I watched every episode, I feel sorry for America and what we have become. I think we can do better. Even Waterworld was better, maybe even the postman.

Babbit Babbit
May '23

LOL ! Looking at what is going on with the divisive politics and social bickering today I'd say watching an escapist tv show like Yellowstone is pretty far down on the list of what is wrong nationally . I also liked Waterworld , but The Postman was horrible !

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '23

The Postman is one of my favorite movies and I feel the most underrated. Obviously it's a minority opinion, but figured I'd throw it out there. :o)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Yellowstone TV series
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.