Stonewood Tavern

Never knew about this place. Anyone been there recently? Wondering how the grilled vegetable sandwich is, also the spanakopita and mac & cheese. And of course the pizza!

happiest girl
Feb '20

Haha... Here we go! I've eaten there a few times with my husband and also some family members and friends and each time all had a very pleasant and yummy meal! I've had their salads, pizza, entrees and all were very good. Enjoy the atmosphere too.

Somechick1 Somechick1
Feb '20

I've had the grilled veggie sandwich and thought it was very good. I love their pizza and the grilled cheese with short ribs is delicious.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '20

I knew I had posted about this place a while back.. I can't believe how long ago..

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/674406

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '20

Love Stonewood Tavern.. one of the local faves. The spanakopita is delish btw!

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Feb '20

Stonewood is an Australian hardwood. Interesting name, mates!

Reviews seem great except one, prices look fair enough for nice sit down, interesting menu. Does bar get in the way? At those prices, don’t like eating in a bar.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '20

We went there once with friends and the food was all very good but it was so noisy we could hardly hear each other.

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '20

I rescind my last comment- I thought you were talking about the relatively new place on Rt 31.

Sorry.

We have the Stone Tavern, Stonewood Tavern, Stone Water Tavern....

Soo much for creativity eh?

I can attest that the octopus app is excellent & the mac & cheese is good as well. I haven't been there in a while, though.

Josh - you should edit your original post!
We have been to the Stonewood with some frequency - always had a good meal and service. The bar does not intrude into the dining area at all.

ty evv

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '20

Once someone posts after you, your post can no longer be edited. Maybe a moderator can remove it, however...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '20

"Josh - you should edit your original post!"

Why? Because it disagrees with others?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

No because he didnt mean it - look about Calico. We don't want to hurt a business do we?

thaimaster1978 thaimaster1978
Feb '20

"No because he didnt mean it - look about Calico. We don't want to hurt a business do we?"

Whoops! Sorry, that's my bad. I totally missed his second post in this thread. Thanks for pointing that out.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

what town is the new Stonewood Tavern in (on Rt. 31)?

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '20

Their spanakopita is great!

10yeartownie 10yeartownie
Feb '20

"what town is the new Stonewood Tavern in (on Rt. 31)?"

It's not Stonewood Tavern, it's Desiderio's Stone Tavern. It's in Washington near Shop Rite.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

Where’s the Taste of Little Italian Stonetavern Hunan Wok?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '20

Stonewood Tavern is on US 206 in Byram, Sussex County. I think it's on the site where Porky's BBQ used to be, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '20

Yes, it was Pork's, the next owner put a ton of money into it and made it the building that it is now but that restaurant only lasted a few months. Building sat empty for awhile until it became the Stonewood Tavern.

trick trick
Feb '20

Stonewood Tavern is located at 239, Route 206 South, Byram
www.stonewoodtavernnj.com

I had lunch there last week. Food, service and atmosphere was great!

Yea a mod can certainly delete. No harm intended to the other place.

The place on Rt 31 is the one that blows.

"The place on Rt 31 is the one that blows."

LOL, love the description.

We have actually eaten there four times and nothing has been bad. We have had burgers, sandwiches, steak, wings and a chicken entree. I wouldn't say it's the best restaurant around, but we have had no issues. We always sit at the bar to ensure better wait service. We enjoy their beer selections.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

All the positive feedback about the veggie food at Stonewood Tavern is sounding good. Thanks for the reviews. Making a lunch date for next week.

happiest girl
Feb '20

Love Stonewood!

thaimaster1978 thaimaster1978
Feb '20

10yeartownie,
We went for lunch and I had a strange experience with the spanakopita. Can you share with me how big the pieces were when you got them?

happiest girl
Feb '20

Been there quite a few times, always had delicious food!

Denis Denis
Feb '20

Yes, the food we got was good but something bizarre in the case of the spanakopita.

10yeartownie -- how big were the pieces you got?

happiest girl
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.