Home Made - Polish Restaurant

So, was having a great lunch at Sizzle yesterday and noticed the building across the street (between Harpers and the dog grooming place) had a new facade and deck put on. After lunch, we crossed the street to take a closer look and it appears as though another restaurant may be opening up (we saw tables/chairs lined up inside, but that was about it. It looked like the start of something very nice coming into town.

Anyone have an idea what is going to be in this location? (There are actually 2 units in this building - not sure if 2 separate establishments or what)

there's a new restuarant coming in, not sure they are ready to announce it yet. But as you mentioned they have already done a great job on the outside.

Word is it’s gonna be a polish restaurant

Booster90 Booster90
1 week ago

Oh awesome - a new restaurant!

I was wondering if Uzma from the health food store might be opening a restaurant as her health food store seems to be for sale. Her lunches are very popular -- so it seemed like a feasible idea.

happiest girl
1 week ago

I think it's a nascar themed restaurant. will go great with all.

not this kid not this kid
1 week ago

We are very excited to announce that our new restaurant, "HOME MADE", located on 269 Main str. Hackettstown will be open in September. We will be serving home made pirogies, and traditional polish dishes.

Dagmara Tomporowski Dagmara Tomporowski
1 week ago

Awesome! I love pirogies! Best of luck to you.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

This sounds so great. Love Polish food! Wishing you the best in your new HOME MADE food restaurant..

Will they have takeout?

Yum! I'm going to have to move out of Hackettstown. In the last 3 weeks I've been to Monchy's, Toscana, James on Main, Pandan Room, the Creperie AND Maria Bonita's. Most of these trips followed by beers at Manskirt and/or Czigmeister - now homemade pierogies?? This town is not good for my waistline.

Yes we will also have takeouts

HOME MADE HOME MADE
1 week ago

Can't wait to try it! Good luck to you!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
1 week ago

Home Made - Do you have a menu together and is it online ??

Happy to know this! My wife and I have been wondering what might be coming in that space.

Such a great restaurant town.

So excited that this is coming to town! My family loves Polish food. What flavor piergoi will you guys be making?

Looking forward to trying it when you open!

Happygirl Happygirl
1 week ago

Hope you will make the larger sized kind. Pierogie House in Moristown and Zabava in Hackettstown make the small thick sized ones. When they're bigger and flatter they taste better and they fry up so much better. That's how my family makes them.

happiest girl
1 week ago

Welcome and good luck! We also noticed that spot being renovated after having dinner at Toscana recently.

Re: Home Made - Polish Restaurant

This is how we make them -- larger in size and flat. These are boiled.

happiest girl
1 week ago

Here's one fried.

happiest girl
1 week ago

Menu is not ready, we are working on details. We will be serving for sure variety of savory pirogies cooked and pan-fried, strawberry and sweet farmer cheese pirogies, stuffed cabbage, vienner schnitzel, grilled kielbasa, hunter stew ( bigos), Hungarian goulash with potato pancakes and many many delicious dishes.

Dagmara Tomporowski Dagmara Tomporowski
1 week ago

OMG Bigos!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
1 week ago

I'm already drooling ... can't wait 'til you're open!

Everything sounds great! Be sure to post your Grand Opening info here when you know it--we will definitely be there!!

This sounds great! I love all the variety of restaurants we have in Hackettstown.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
1 week ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Dagmara today. What a wonderful, caring professional.! The restaurant is beautiful, she shared some pics of the food with me and the food will be to die for. Home Made is certain to be a hit in town. Congrats to Dagmara and her
husband for all of their efforts in making their restaurant a new cozy, affordable,family
place to visit

I can't wait to go, and bring my Mom. We are very lucky to have so many unique ethnic dining choices in this small town!

Dig this. I have never had a pierogi. Can’t even spell it :-).

Can’t wait.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
7 days ago

OMG!!! Cannot wait for some great Polish Comfort Food !! Love it !!!

I'm looking forward to it! I hope gołąbki is on the menu!

kingcoriander kingcoriander
7 days ago

Looking forward to another Great restaurant in Hackettstown. I'll watch for the grand opening. Hopefully it will be posted on this site.

Dr. Pipes```` Dr. Pipes````
7 days ago

I hope they will have Beet Barszcz on the menu! A dollop of sour cream on top of the claret-red soup, yummm!

We are so excited that we can finally get such a wide variety of Polish food locally. We are both Polish and grew up in Union County so Polish food was readily available in most restaurants in Linden. Best wishes for continued success and we look forward to your opening!!!

Annemarie and Rob Annemarie and Rob
6 days ago

We are happy to announce Grand Opening Sunday 9/8/19 11am-9pm

HOME MADE HOME MADE
4 days ago

Yay! I'll be there. Good luck!
Post a menu when it's ready.

happiest girl
4 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.