Ceitner farms/agro foods on Mt Ave

Anybody else notice the absurd amount of animals they've got in those pens? Chickens goats and sheep piled on top and each other. When I drove by yesterday in the pouring rain I realized they don't even have enough shelter to get or of the weather.

Cluckcluckbaaaa Cluckcluckbaaaa
2 weeks ago

Yes! I have noticed it and other people have mentioned it to me. I plan on contacting Washington twp. to see what is going on. They do not have enough property to accommodate all these animals. Very sad that Greenway sold to them.

sunshine3 sunshine3
2 weeks ago

Where is this?...never saw it

it's actually over the bridge on Schooley's Mt Road - the old Greenway Florists

justsayin justsayin
2 weeks ago

Trust me - there is always something you can do. I don't care who is backing it. Animals should not be mistreated and there is not enough room for them - complain enough to the township and they will go.

sunshine3 sunshine3
2 weeks ago

call animal control for your town - now -

Booster90, where did you hear this? about nothing that can be done? I am sure they are for slaughter.......this is the most disgusting in your face BS. Some 'religious holiday' I heard.........every day there are men walking among the animals while the women wait out front.....I guess picking out what animals they want. Is it even legal to kill animals in large amounts on that property?
When these people moved in, they let out a cat...not fixed......soon after moving in. They don't 'care' about animals.
Shame on the previous owner for selling to this group. He lives in Hastings, I hope he's proud of what is going on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

Eid al-Adha is this weekend. Muslims may be purchasing animals for the sacrifice.

YeahRight YeahRight
2 weeks ago

Most farmers dont “care” about animals. You can’t slaughter something – whether it’s a cow, calf, the lamb, goat, chicken, etc. if you care deeply about them.

Don’t ride by the Long Valley creamery because there are lambs that are killed there all of the time.

ParanoiaDestroys ParanoiaDestroys
2 weeks ago

Let me tell you though that creamer has the best damn cheese you can get anywhere really... Pricey but worth it.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
2 weeks ago

Muslims..….yeah, right....what about the.....(fill in your most favorite hated minority to blame, my goodness I love this town...…throw Muslims under the bus in favor of animals....)

There is no really excuse for sloppy farming and it usually adds cost in the long run. Sure, "producing" meat is a tough business, don't ever go to a veal farm, but no need for sloppy farming. And worse yet, we are funding it via our tax dollars via Green Acres: https://planning.morriscountynj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ResaleInfo-190110.pdf Not that there's anything wrong with that, but certainly means we have a $$$ stake in this venture and this looks to be less than what I think of when I think green. Here's a number of things you can try. Obviously not an exhaustive list and there may be much better things to do, but some ideas:

Try voicing your opinion, respectfully, on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Cetiner-Farm-and-Agro-Foods-Inc-314685892397711/about/?ref=page_internal

List a complaint with the State: https://www.nj.gov/agriculture/divisions/ah/news/complaintforms.html

Give a review: https://www.yellowpages.com/hackettstown-nj/mip/agro-foods-542015186

It's a business, give BBB a shot: https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-serving-new-jersey (there are no complaints filed as of yet)

Personally, if motivated, I might try the Facebook approach, politely at first, before I tried any of these other sources.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
2 weeks ago

I have called and filed a complaint against this place, it has to go through the department of agriculture because they are farm animals.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
2 weeks ago

Pumpkin43 -- can you share the contact, how you did this?

happiest girl
2 weeks ago

Yes, please share. The more complaints the more pressure on them to do something.

Positive Positive
2 weeks ago

So if they were Jewish or Christian it would be okay?

2 weeks ago

I think it's disgusting that people are actually blaming the prior owner of Greenway, when in all actuality the people who bought this Cetiner Farm may not have been very honest. First, they have been there for about what, 18 months? They have had a sign labeled Agro Fruit and Nut, leading people to believe they were just some fruit and nut wholesalers, but in all actuality it seems their plan has been to make this facility a slaughter house all along. They only have a permit for wholesale, but seem to be trying via flyer and website to market themselves as retail, although they don't have a retail selling license according to WT officials, is this even legal? I don't think most residents in this community want a slaughter house period. The living conditions of those animals seems to be inhumane, as they are overcrowded. I'm also wondering how they can label everything organic, when they've had the property for only such a short time. I truly hope they are not scamming people saying what they are selling is organic, if they are not sure.

nota vegan nota vegan
2 weeks ago

Who said anything bad about Muslims? They have an upcoming holiday. Fact.

YeahRight YeahRight
2 weeks ago

Several people said something about Muslims. Weren’t you reading ??

2 weeks ago

Re: Ceitner farms/agro foods on Mt Ave

Its for the Muslim holiday today. Heres the flyer.

kelleo22 kelleo22
2 weeks ago

I called animal control who put me in contact with the department of agriculture.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
1 week ago

Anyone think of maybe stopping in and saying hello to the owners and checking it out first hand before calling in complaints and making statements about poor conditions for animals that may(or may not) be not so poor. Neither the authorities nor the owners need unnecessary gibberish being thrown at them.

I've never seen the place, but in the past have worked closely with several local farms, both plant and animal producing, and everyone has been wonderful to work with, and are kind, hardworking, honest people trying to make a living.

Try being a friendly neighbor instead of jumping to conclusions that may(or may not) be off base. The keeping of livestock is regulated very differently than keeping pets in your home, so what is "not right" in your eyes, may(or may not) be perfectly fine.

Local chef
1 week ago

Well said Local Chef!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

I heard first hand that they slaughter. I stopped awhile back and asked. Thank you so much for this post. Really appreciate it.

I have seen the conditions and I have witnessed animals that are sick and injured. My worries were verified after the authorities did a check on the place and confirmed that their were injured animals on the property. They also stated they received other complaints and those complaints were legitimate as to the welfare of the animals.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
1 week ago

"From what I understand", these animals are brought in from all different slaughter houses including, perhaps Stiger Street auction market. From what I understand, alot of these people are now going to the Lancaster Pa area's to buy because they get better deals than Stiger St and then "probably" bring to Ceitner farms and then, who knows. I know that these farm animals cannot be healthy because they are being raised for sale.

Since the Prophet Mohammed’s era, Muslims have marked the incident by sacrificing animals.

After the sacrifice, Muslims share meat with the needy, who might not eat meat often, and their relatives, fulfilling God’s vision of brotherly relations.

I'm not a fan , today the area around the farm looked like the middle east. However till american people wake up and say NO MORE! this will still happen. These people bring their 3rd world garbage with them....there is no melting pot with them!

VoiceOfReason VoiceOfReason
1 week ago

I've been inside the place. It definitely didn't seem sanitary enough to pass any type of health inspection where they bag the mixed fruit/nuts.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
1 week ago

They must be legit. Police presence( directing traffic) at 4 pm today would not have been necessary if they thought anything wrong was going on.

auntiel auntiel
1 week ago

Let's do something about this situation....what are our legal options?

I don't think going on to their land to talk to them about animal abuse is a wise choice. Not unless you already know them.

Here' the complaint form from the State: https://www.nj.gov/agriculture/divisions/ah/news/complaintforms.html

I have little standing here, having never been there, but there's a number on the form that you may call in case they can recommend other alternatives over the complaint form. Phone: (609) 671-6400 Not sure that would be advantageous whatsoever. Hopefully it's a start since I see no other tel. no's on this thread. At least they might tell you if you can email the form vs. mail or fax.

There's also the State Vet, again not sure what help or recommendations they can find; they are just also on the form: State Veterinarian email address: state.veterinarian@ag.state.nj.us

If someone follows up, they can add info no doubt.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
1 week ago

Christ was middle eastern.

1 week ago

Cops are there now, have been for a few hours. Not sure why

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
1 week ago

Is the event over? Did they sell the animals to go home and be slaughtered or did they do it there? At least Totten Farms ships their animals out for processing

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
1 week ago

looks like they are selling more animals..

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
1 week ago

Harmony Township had a similar issue and if I recall nothing was done about it...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/04/a-local-farm-wants-to-slaughter-sheep-for-a-religious-holiday-heres-why-the-township-has-a-problem-with-that.html

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/05/as-neighbors-feud-over-a-farms-festival-of-religious-animal-sacrifice-a-county-board-patiently-waits-to-make-its-call.html

I found a more in depth article on PBS about the issue: https://www.wlvt.org/blogs/warren/farm-strife/

It could be worse. In NYC they have people swinging chickens over their heads and then slaughtering them, and the streets are covered in blood and feathers. The birds are kept in cramped cages for days with no food or water before they are swung and slaughtered.

It's a Jewish ritual called kapparot, and there seems to be nothing anyone can do b/c of "religious freedom".

https://www.thedodo.com/kapparot-animal-slaughter-chickens-1355682268.html

Does "religious freedom" still sound good to people?

HackersShouldDie HackersShouldDie
1 week ago

Police still there today. Maybe it's the KKK coming up from Oxford.

Any word as to what's going on?

auntiel, the police are there (hired by the land owner) to direct traffic if needed. Any resident/ business/ church can do that. It has nothing to do with if the place is 'legit' or breaking any laws as far as slaughter etc.

For everybody that is concerned about what is going on there, please call the town or the dept of agriculture. Pumpkin43, can you share that # since you were directed to contact them??
I'm not sure about what makes an animal 'organically raised' but certainly not buying it at auction, cramming into a dirty pen and having 6 men standing over the animal in the dirt to slaughter it. Yeah, that was visible from the road.......Local Chef, is that what you would want to serve as 'organic' in your place?? Hope not.
Most of the animals look half dead.....

worried worried
1 week ago

Following

For everybody that is concerned........

Yes I am concerned......about all the racist people and their racist comments on this thread.

What is happening

Division of Agriculture 608-292-5532

Animal Health 609-671-6400

Positive Positive
1 week ago

CBGB where is any racist comments? And what's with you not being bothered by animal abuse? Do you hate animals?

Plunger Plunger
1 week ago

Correction first number is 609 not 608

Positive Positive
1 week ago

Something has to be done about this. Does anyone know what is going on - does he have a permit to do this. I will be contacting the department of Agriculture and also animal health.

sunshine3 sunshine3
3 days ago

Sunshine3...what did you find out? Just curious. Thanks.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Ceitner farms/agro foods on Mt Ave
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.