Car Wash???

Does anyone know what the hours are for the car wash in Washington on 31 south? Going through tonight and thought I'd get the car washed. Thanks.

Also, are there are charitable car washes coming up in Hackettstown?

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '19

I assume you are asking about the car wash in Washington on 31 north, the one next to the inspection station.

I'm not sure there are any set hours there. He tends to open and close when he feels like it. Sometimes it's open at 9, sometimes 10. Sometimes still open at 5, sometimes not. It's a second business for him, so I don't think he cares about losing money much.

I went to that weird completely automated one by the Dairy Queen on 57 the other day. Never been there before. It was kind of bizarre. LOL. Didn't do such a great job either.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

It's usually closed around 5. Not sure why they choose to miss the evening commuter traffic.

maja2 maja2
Mar '19

maja - See middle paragraph above. Guess he wants to get home for dinner. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Don't think I can get there before 5. Maja2 you're right. commuter traffic would make sense there.
Thanks so much. Totally wish we would get a decent car wash in Hackettstown!

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '19

The Shammy Shine car washes are pretty good. It's too bad there are none close.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Did he Car Wash next to Mama's Pizza go out of business?

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '19

what happened to the one on 57?

bug3
Mar '19

Hackresident - Yes.

bug - Which one? If you are talking about the one by Dairy Queen, it's open.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

The one on 57 near the DMV...

Bug3
Mar '19

Up date, Regarding the car wash in Washington, next to the DMZ on 31 North.....We got to the car wash at 4:45 and the doors were closed. Can't Win!

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '19

There is one by Dairy Queen and the diner on Rt 57 in Hackettstown. They have 2 drive thru one so you don't have to get out if you dont want to. There is also one by Oakwood lanes and Draught House in Washington on Rt 31

Waldo Waldo
Mar '19

There's a car wash by the DMV? Weird that I never noticed it.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

I think USAFirst meant the Inspection Station.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '19

Yes I was gonna say I’ve driven thru that one a bunch of times and my car still looks the same. ;)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '19

Calico

Its at a gas station I think...i have to drive by and look

Bug3
Mar '19

Calico, there was a car wash on 57 in Washington behind the Exxon station across the street from Advance Auto Parts. Not sure if it's still open or not.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '19

We have a few good places near my work, but the last time I got it washed I got three days out of a $12 wash before it snowed again. I really want a car wash now because my car is filthy with salt and now bird poop...but it's going to rain tomorrow, right?

Tracy Tracy
Mar '19

Power washer, bucket, sponge, soap... :)

Thats the one ianimal

Bug3
Mar '19

How timely... Are there any places that have the self serve powerwash style (like on 57 next to DQ) but that have a tall bay for tall vehicles like trucks? They HAD one, but they turned it into the automated one. I need to get up on the roof of my camper.

Eperot Eperot
Mar '19

I soooo apologize. I did mean the Inspection Station. Thank you Guys!

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '19

Eperot - The one on 31 in Washington, across from the WTPD, is self-serve with one tall bay.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

There is car wash in Budd Lake on Route 46 East. They do detailing also.

Thanks, Calico!

eperot eperot
Mar '19

There used to be a Shammy Shine car wash in Washington boro on Route 57 where the Exxon gas station is across from Advance Auto Parts but it closed up about 5 years ago.

My travels take me down Route 31 toward Flemington so I usually hit up one of the two Shammy Shine's in Clinton. They offer a monthly "car wash club" that's worthwhile. Unlimited car washes that start at $22 a month.

https://www.shammyshine.com/wash-club/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Mar '19

Just went to the car wash in Budd Lake they do a good job but they jacked up the prices by at least 35% since the last time I went. $24 for one step up from a basic car wash. Time to break out the hose they won’t see me again!

GreatMeadows
Oct '19

I've got the $29.99 per month "all-you-can-eat" special at Shammy Shine. It includes Rain-X Complete Treatment, Simoniz Triple Foam Polish, Rustex Undercarriage Wash, Wheel Brite and Tire Shine in addition to the standard exterior wash.

They also have a $39.99 package that includes all that plus hot wax treatment, but who needs hot wax applications 3 times a week? I just pay the $3.00 up-charge once a month or so.

Right now, I stop every other day after picking my daughter up from daycare... she gets a kick out of it. When winter comes and the Salt Nazis rule the roads, I'll probably go every single day.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '19

That’s a good deal too bad it’s way out of my way. My earlier calculation was off they raised the prices more like 50% crazy.

GreatMeadows
Oct '19

I wish there was Shammy Shine near me. All we have is that awful Washington Car Wash that half the time isn't even open.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Yea- but you can power wash your dog!!

LOL Josh. I'm actually talking about the full service one near the inspection station.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Shammy Shine is also on Rt. 22 in front of the Target in Greenwich.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '19

they're also building a brand new facility at the southwest corner of the intersection of Memorial Parkway and Roseberry Street, in Phillipsburg proper, which was an Exxon gas station for at least the previous 45 years that I can remember.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '19

They need to open one in Washington. My friend's GF has worked at the one on 31 in Flemington for years.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Been using the two Shammy Shine locations in Clinton for about the last 3 years. No complaints at all. Their equipment cleans the car really well and they never skimp on the soap.

$22 a month for unlimited washes...can't beat it.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '19

Does anyone know if car washes that recycle their washwater have a mechanism for desalination? or does the salt concentration keep building up all winter long from being rinsed off of vehicles into the system?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '20

Shammy shine came and went in Washington

Bug3
Jan '20

ianimal - It's very highly filtered. They have to remove everything from salt, detergent, oil, particulate, etc. It's not food grade or anything but it's good enough to make your car cleaner, not dirtier.

Right now, I stop every other day after picking my daughter up from daycare... she gets a kick out of it. When winter comes and the Salt Nazis rule the roads, I'll probably go every single day.

People like this bankrupt businesses.

Winston Winston
Jan '20

If you care about your car and it's paint, you do not go through a car wash. It is one of the worst things that you can do. If you drive a beater commuter Hyundai, Kia, etc that gets peppered on rt80 daily that you don't care about, have at it.

At least grab yourself some decent car wash soap, bucket, grit guard, microfiber wash mit, and drying towel and head over to a self serve power wash place.

Future_journeyman Future_journeyman
Jan '20

Updating my post from October.....Shammy Shine has since quietly upped the price of all three unlimited wash club packages by a $1. Still a great value though.

https://www.shammyshine.com/wash-club/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Jan '20

While on the topic of Shammy Shine....I never could figure out the insane pricing at their Raritan Twp location on Route 31 diagonal from the Flemington Costco.

$30 for an automated car wash plus additional add on's!!?? Insane!

Why so high for a simple automatic wash compared to all their other locations? You pay what an extra $15 for the staff at the car wash exit to vacuum the interior!!??

https://www.shammyshine.com/2015/11/04/raritan-township-flemington-nj/

When in PA, I've always had good experiences with Sparkle Car Washes.
https://www.sparklecarwash.com/

Wish we could finally get either one of these car wash chains to finally expand up into Warren County!!!

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.