Helicopter/plane in Diamond Hill

I live in Diamond Hill. Just had a helicopter or plane go towards Hackettstown and then back again and just now another one go west. Anyone know what is going on?

Marge Rebman Marge Rebman
Feb '19

Probably the FBI

Bug3
Feb '19

Hospital transporting patient? Also, how do you not know if it was a plane or helicopter? Not being a wise-guy here, just wondering if you’re going by sound and possibly mistaking the direction the craft was flying.

Consigliere
Feb '19

Actually they are inspecting powerlines...there is a thread on it somewhere in this forum

Bug3
Feb '19

The last one came from the airport on Airport Road and it was definitely a helicopter.

Feb '19

Here it is bug. But it was scheduled for Monday over Oxford.
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/859145#recent

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '19

Why would they be doing it when it’s dark? I’ve seen them doing it during the day

Feb '19

Last night’s activity involved an Atlantic One Medical Helicopter. The airport is periodically used by Atlantic One for flight training purposes. These maneuvers may be done during the day or evening hours. In addition to the hospital, there are many open areas in near by communities that are designated as landing zones. In our DH neighborhood we have the airport, Donaldson’s fields and the grassy area between the Tri County Fire Company and the DPW building.

Kid The Kid The
Feb '19

It was a US Coast Guard helicopter conducting night vision goggle training at an unfamiliar field.

Very interesting, MBW!

I figure it was training, because they kept going back and forth. (training or a manhunt LOL)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.