Dr. Jay Geller

Just left Dr Geller’s office and what a great experience. Was scared bc I am doctor phobic and he was the most passionate caring doctor. His nurses were great too!

He took the time and called within 24 hours with lab results.
A brilliant doctor with a gentle heart.

I went to Dr Geller's office last year ago. He removed so many moles from me I lost count and I had to ask how many he removed. I left the office and ended up shaking in the parking lot I could barely drive home. I had to ask my girlfriend to drive me home. I never went back. I did a follow-up appointment at two different Dr.'s offices one at Sloan Kettering. Geller's office totally misdiagnosed me and suggested I had to come back for follow-up invasive treatment multiple times for one area. I went to Sloan Kettering for all of my follow-up treatments. If I would have gone to Dr. Geller's office I would not have had all of the precancerous areas treated and treated correctly. Even the Dr at Sloan Kettering told me, they dealt with Geller's mishaps before and he removed to many moles it looked like he took a bebe gun to me. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!!!!

Janet B Janet B
Feb '19

You say you just left, but then say he has already called you within 24 hours. This review sounds like a load of bull. Perhaps trying to cover up the reviews of how rude and terrible he is, and how his nurses judge the patients. There is no compassion in that office.

Htownlo
Feb '19

Dr. Slaughter? Yup...been there. Never again.

Eperot Eperot
Feb '19

Gina,

I'm glad you had a good experience. You will read of many that haven't been happy with him. I've gone to him every year and have been totally pleased with him and his staff along with two other family members. In fact, I will be making mom an appointment in the near future.

It is my understanding that the reason for the fast turn around in results is that he has his own lab, so I've heard. I don't know if this for a fact though.

magpie magpie
Feb '19

Bad experience, never went back, slice and dice, turn style medicine!

Robert Robert
Feb '19

I felt Dr. Geller always removed something, just for the extra money.

Linda Linda
Feb '19

I have been a patient of Dr. Geller's for many years. He treated me for cancerous moles which had been misdiagnosed by a previous dermatologist. I have always valued him as both a physician and a friend. My son is now also under his care.
I am sorry that others have not had as good an experience as I have but I have the utmost respect for him and his staff and would recommend him without reservation.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Feb '19

Dr. Geller is known as the Butcher. He has removed over 150 moles from my body. These moles I have had my all my life. Now I have disgusting scars all over my body. Out of the 150 cut off, only 5 were precancerous. Those 5 scars are even worse looking than the other 145 scars. Most insurance companies allow him to dissect what he removes. That means he gets twice as much money. He unnecessarily cuts things off your body to get more money.

On the other hand, my sister has always had a bump on her nose right by her eye. No doctor would touch the bump because it was close to her eye. Dr. Geller removed it and it looks great.

Reading Junkie
Feb '19

Went to him years ago, never again. He barely spoke to me, didn’t explain what he was doing, took off several moles each visit. I could tell he was removing unnecessary moles, and I didn’t like his demeanor.

I go to doctor Rocco now, she’s wonderful.

tripsy tripsy
Feb '19

Agreed he loves to cut and dig no thank you never again

Removed 11 moles from my back, first visit. Unnecessarily.
Then I got a huge bill- turned out, my insurance didn't pay for so many removals and biopsies at 1 time.

OMG stay away from the BUTCHER
went there for removal of skin tags and he caused me to be disfigured discolored and in very bad pain Called several times saying I think their infected he gave me nothing
Lucky I am a nurse and knew what to do
PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY
he sent me a bill for 1100 and then a month later sends me a knew bill for just 200
my question is this what if I paid that 1100 ???
WHO IS HE ROBBING
STAY AWAY FROM THE BUTCHER !!!!!

tangerine tangerine
Feb '19

I went to him for a rash thst was not ugly in any way. Just extremely itchy. He asked to see my hand and literally jumped back like I had the plague when I moved my hand closer. Like how dare I come to him with some condition. He said “how would I know what it is” and essentially that was the end of the visit. What a frigging joke.

If a dermatologist can’t diagnose a simple rash why is he in business?

Chrisisrisen Chrisisrisen
Feb '19

I stopped using this practice a while ago. More so after he wanted to remove unnecessary skin tags. At the time it would have been $125 co pay for me - not including whatever lab fees would be charged. Changed dermatologists asap.

cthy1213 cthy1213
Feb '19

This is the finest dermatologist you will ever see.

If Dr. Geller cut off moles from your skin, it’s because they were cancerous - are people that stupid and vain to think the doctor actually enjoys doing this?

There are always grumpy complaining patients, don’t believe these wild lies, obviously started by an ex something.

Dr. Geller is the finest dermatologist there is.

Joseph Pond Joseph Pond
Feb '20

This is funny, only two people out of the many, different people left positive reviews and all the others are discounted as "There are always grumpy complaining patients, don’t believe these wild lies, obviously started by an ex something."

Sounds almost like a "clean up" job, but I've never been to him so I couldn't tell you from personal experience. I do see he's rated 2.6, 2.8 and 4.6 out of 5 on three different doctor rating sites. I've gone to doctors that people (and their colleagues) have rated highly and been very disappointed and seen other ones who don't have perfect reviews that were perfect for me.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '20

"If Dr. Gellar cuts moles from your skin, it's because they were cancerous"

Tell that to the eight scars my husband has across his torso where benign moles were cut by Dr. Gellar.

Benign moles that had been evaluated and left by another dermatologist before my husband had to change doctors due to his employer changing insurance.

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '20

He’s the worst. My Mother and Wife saw him years ago. They still have the scars from that maniac. Stay far away from this idiot.

Steve Steve
Feb '20

Geller, also known as Sgt. Slaughter? Yeah, to those defending him...you might think he’s swell but other dermatologists have told me he same as my experience. He takes off as much as he can not because they “are cancer” but because he does his own lab work and gets paid accordingly. Stay away.

Eperot Eperot
Feb '20

He’s the worst

Hadenough Hadenough
Feb '20

@ the guy leaving a positive review and discounting the negative reviews (Joseph Pond), you're not just discounting their reviews but their experience as well. Is it hard to accept that not everyone views him in the same light you do?

Hayley Hayley
Feb '20

I've been going to Dr. Geller for many years now. When my mother-in-law was alive she went to him as well. My mom has been going to him in past few years also.

My first visit I found him not to have the best personality. I figured as long as he was doing a good job I could live with his personality. Others had recommended him nd felt the same way. Over many years his personality has changed for the better.

Personally I'd rather he take something off that maybe he shouldn't have, than leave something that should have been removed. A few that he removed from me were precancerous and I thought that they were just freckles.

I will continue to use this doctor in the future.

magpie magpie
Feb '20

I wouldn't go near him with a 10 foot pole based on a multitude of reviews - but highly recommend Natural Image Skin Center - I've seen Dr. Nervi and Dr. Rocca. Both are careful, gentle - and they only remove things that are actually questionable...........We are more than pleased with them.

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '20

X2 for Dr. Nervi.

Eperot Eperot
Feb '20

Natural Image Skin Center is our Dermatologists of choice. We see both Dr. Nervi and Dr. Rocca and they are both excellent. We also have used Dr. Li in Phillipsburg and Easton (used to be in Hackettstown) and he is very good as well.. My husband has also been to Dr. Geller and says he will not ever go back there...

joyful joyful
Feb '20

As a referral from our pediatrician we took our daughter there at the age of 1 year. She had a mole on the left side of her torso. He butchered her. The Dr. took off a mole. We just got home and he called us back to take more off because the borders weren't free of cancer. I was confused as he told us everything was clean when we left. I went to another dermatologist ( don't remember his name). He biopsied the borders and they were totally clean. Dr. Geller called me wondering why I haven't come back. I explained I saw another dermatologist and he INSISTED on knowing who it was. He explained he wanted to speak with him on what he saw. I told him I was comfortable with his diagnosis. He raised his voice and said he us owed an explanation. Again I told him I am comfortable with my choice and the diagnosis. My daughter is now 24 and has a nasty scar and was always cancer free.

Christine Christine
Mar '20

The original msg re: getting lab results within 24 hrs is all bunk. Biopsy takes 3-5 days minimum to result.

ccbw
Mar '20

This is actually a referral to a different dermatologist. I made an appt with the Derm Group in Morristown...quite near the hospital. The front office staff was very nice and accommodating. I arrived for my apt., was taken right in. The doctor, Dr. Ross Radusky, was wonderful. He spoke to me about the procedure, did not try to sell me botox or anything. One appointment, done. Amazing!!! He was GREAT. 4 days later, the doctor (not his assistant or receptionist) called me to tell me that the biopsy was clear. While it may be a 45 minute drive, it was well worth it. If you need a dermatologist, this group is terrific! The Derm Group - Morristown location -
310 Madison Ave #206, Morristown, NJ 07960 phone: (973) 571-2121

mmadone mmadone
Apr '21

Omg Stay away, went there to remove skin tags and he turned my body parts into scars and discoloration. He never calls you back and leaves you in pain. I also developed an infection and he left me up the creek without a paddle.
No No stay away.
He is truly is the Butcher

tangerine tangerine
May '21

I do not like to be unkind but, Do not go to Dr. Geller. He cut many things off my wife's chest and later messed up on my wife's melanoma excising... seriously. Years before that he stuck a needle into the sole of my son's foot in order to burn or freeze off a planters wart. It traumatized my son. We later went to a podiatrist for additional warts and he gave us potent acid paste which was painless and effective.

I never had an issue with his staff treating my psoriasis. I usually deal with his physician’s assistants.

I’m sorry for the bad experiences and agree that it’s worth a drive if the provider is good.

For reals For reals
May '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dr. Jay Geller
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.