Whats going in Ruby Tuesday's?

Anyone know what restaurant is going into the old Ruby Tuesdays?

PTSBA PTSBA
Oct '18

Probably another urgent care. LOL!

Didn't even know they closed lol

Uptoyou
Oct '18

Is there actually activity taking place or are you just wondering what could replace it?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '18

They are putting a Rite Aide in there.

Bozak Bozak
Oct '18

Like we need another Rite Aid.... Or pharmacy...

Metsman Metsman
Oct '18

Who makes these decisions?

Youfriend Youfriend
Oct '18

People with money.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

It is called free enterprise

Its called baloney

Bug3
Oct '18

What we didn’t need, obviously, is a Ruby’s.

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '18

Rite-Aid??? We have one already!!!

Let's see, we have a Walgreens, TWO CVS's, and we HAVE a Rite-Aid... and now we'll have TWO Rite-Aids????

Does Hackettstown need 5 drug stores? (and that's not even counting the ones in Walmart, Shoprite, and Weis)
Or are Hackettstonians too lazy to drive halfway across town to go to the ones we already have?

What's next? A McDonald's on the 517 side of town? Or a 2nd Wawa? (seeing as how we have THREE Quick Checks within spitting distance of one another.)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '18

I assume/hope the Rite Aid comment was a joke.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '18

May be micro brew pub or a franks chicken house,or hooters would be fun.;-)

Homer
Oct '18

Buffalo Wild Wings would be great.

Hot under the collar
Oct '18

So you remembered the drug stores, convenience stores, Hooters etc. What happened to something for the kids? ;-)

Oh, and Olive Garden. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

It would be the first "Rite Aide" in town, emphasis on the second letter "e" in "Rite Aide".

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Oct '18

Tilted Kilt!!

A Frank's chicken house would be a dream!

Fried chicken and... Fried chicken and...
Oct '18

Kid friendly places have to work hard to make money.. You get a family in.. All the kids eat off the cheap menu.. The parents have one beer.. Maybe two. And spend very little while taking up a table for five.

When I look out into my restaurant on Friday and Saturday night at 9pm and see a bunch of families.. I know we are not going to make the money we should.

Fried chicken and... Fried chicken and...
Oct '18

I thought a new restaurant, 'Black Bag Eatery' opened there

Red Robin. We go to the one in Rockaway a lot. If you sign up for their rewards program you save a lot of money.

Metsman Metsman
Oct '18

The fact is, that really isn't a great location. I was rather surprised that Ruby Tuesday's lasted as long as it did. I can't think of a single business that I'd want to open there, other than some kind of specialty store (like, for example, an Apple store), that some people HAD to occasionally go to, because it was the closest one.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '18

Gordon Biersch, I was at the Syracuse GB and enjoyed some fine food and excellent bier. why not add Hackettstown to the list of locations.
https://gordonbiersch.com/locations/

Hope it's a bank. We sure need a new one!

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '18

Who uses a brick and mortar bank?

I haven’t been to one in decades.

I do. I still rock the flip phone. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Me, too! Still even look at maps!!!

Acl76 Acl76
Oct '18

Cactus jack!

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '18

I wondered who is / going to snatch up the coveted liquor license. Anyone know?

Best. Day. Ever. Best. Day. Ever.
Oct '18

"Who uses a brick and mortar bank?"

I do... because Chase's ATM is down FREQUENTLY.

"Still even look at maps!!!"

I love maps! That's one thing the phone apps (like Waze, etc) don't do- let you see the big picture. Oh sure, they'll re-route you around an accident, eventually, but I have done alot of cross-country driving, and I liked being able to pull out my atlas (while in the traffic jam) and SEEING the big picture of the area I'm in, with ALL the local roads, and getting myself around the delays.

The day is coming (very soon), where the people won't be able to read a map, write in cursive (altho, frankly, I've never understood the need for that anyway lol), use a library card system, hell alot of kids already don't know how to do such simple things as start a damn lawn mower....

Oct '18

Why would kidsneed to use the old Dewey decimal system if the new computerized method is much quicker and more effective? It’s like lamenting the loss of abacus skills, lol!

EweIdjits EweIdjits
Oct '18

Libraries still hold things the internet does not. And if they don't, why even have them? Let's get rid of them all and save the taxpayer money (said sarcastically).

And yeah- calculators killed people being able to do math in their heads, and that goes double now that everyone has a calculator on them at all times (even Calico! lol)

Oct '18

Not to mention not being able to make change.. bill comes to $4.05..hand the cashier a $5 and a nickle..( so I get a dollar back)..its fun to watch them scratch their heads

Bug3
Oct '18

Well at least when that Rite Aide fails they can turn it into another ugly Salvation Army store.

BUFFALO WILD WINGS WOULD BE FUN

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Oct '18

I want a pony.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '18

strangerdanger

Indoor pony rides! You may be onto something there;-D

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

Okay okay I agree with Buffalo Wild Wings, why not another food establishment? Why on earth another pharmacy we have CVS x2 Walgreens RiteAid.. ugghh

Youfriend Youfriend
Oct '18

The post about it being a Rite Aid was a joke. There is nothing going in there that has been posted. No lease has been signed as of yet.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '18

I would like to see a Trader Joes

UptoYou
Oct '18

I’d like a Whole Foods.

Philliesman Philliesman
Oct '18

Trader Joes or Whole Foods sounds ideal. Or an Aldi's .

Hackresident Hackresident
Oct '18

I hear Nobu is opening a restaurant there as the crown jewel of his pantheon of eateries with the others located in Milan, London, Qatar, Greece, Dallas, Tokyo, Honolulu, Moscow, Dubai, Mexico City, Budapest, and Hong Kong. Quite the coup for Warren County.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

ian, will they deliver?

eapos eapos
Oct '18

Even an Aldi's would be nice or a new ice cream store or gourmet coffee shop

Does Nobu serve piny?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '18

it would be nice to have a red lobster in mansfield,

wahhoo
Oct '18

That’s pony. And my pony is hungry. And that’s Nobu!!

Oct '18

Since this area is chain restaurant hell a Golden Corral would work perfectly.

YeahRight YeahRight
Oct '18

Golden Corral? Barf.

Chocolate fountain then Walmart shopping eh?

Same for red lobster. Really? Might as well put in a Pizza Hut. Can’t we get something better?

SD- Pliny will not be making an appearance, but I just picked up 3 different Maine Beer Company offerings locally yesterday. Was surprised to see them.

Josh, there is a pizza hut across the street. Not sit down though.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Oct '18

I wouldn't mind a Golden Corral. Personally, I miss the Chinese Buffet place. I'd enjoy another buffet-style, all-you-can-eat place. (The one in P-burg is decent, but it's just too far away.) Sure, it may not be "high-quality, gourmet dining," but you can take a family or group of people there, and everyone can find something they like, and the bill doesn't hurt to bad.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '18

Golden Corral? Red Lobster? My goodness, what garbage.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

That would b a good spot for a barcade. A nice bar with an arcade integrated is a business model that is seeing success all over the county. The liquor license is already in place. Just add video, pinball, etc and start making coin. See what I did there! LOL

Too much obsession with food already....

The average adult male and female in the United States has a BMI of around 26.5, according to the National Health and Nutrition Survey. A BMI of 18.4 to 24.9 is considered healthy, while 25 to 29.9 is described as overweight. A BMI of 30 or above falls in the obese category. The average American having a BMI of 26.5 is overweight and needs to implement dietary changes and exercise to drop down to a healthy weight range.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Oct '18

Re: Whats going in Ruby Tuesday's?

Russell Wilson - Height 5'-11", Weight 215 pounds. BMI = 30. Classification: Obese

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

BMI doesn't take into consideration muscle mass.

Metsman Metsman
Oct '18

LOL ianimal. Most doctors are not putting too much stock in the BMI chart these days.

However, I do agree with the fact that there are too many people obsessed with food. It seems that people have huge problems with moderation and just make bad meal choices too often. Eating out or take-out all week long or many times per week is a big factor.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Trust me, I do not want a Golden Corral moving into this area. Never eaten at one but I can only imagine it’s garbage, along with most mid- to lower-end chains. Amazes me how places which are barely a step up from microwaving a Banquet frozen dinner (Applebee’s comes to mind) are crowded all the time...

YeahRight YeahRight
Oct '18

Golden Coral sucks... Had it in Myrtle Beach back in March and again in Orlando in 2012. If you want to be on the show 600lb Life then eat there all the time...

Metsman Metsman
Oct '18

Muscle mass only skews BMI when talking about serious athletes, like Dwayne Johnson or professional sports players. Sadly, I don’t think many of us can claim we’re “not really obese” just because the Rock shares the same BMI with us, lol!

For what it’s worth I have always felt that the Ruby’s location was unsustainable for a restaurant so I don’t think I’d like to see another.

Fact check Fact check
Oct '18

Greg- the barcade idea is a good one.

I love pinball.

I disagree, while the entrance might not be right on the road it is still on a Major route in a congested area. Plus the lucrative liquor license will draw interest. I can see a BW3, Friday’s or Red Robin interested in that spot. I could be wrong but I don’t think Olive Gardens or Golden Corals sell liquor so don’t see them wanting that spot.

It’s much more desirable then the old Chile’s in the International Zone in Mt Olive.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '18

Is there something that ties the liquor license to that "spot" or is Ruby Tuesday's free to sell it to the highest bidder wherever they want to be located?

To be honest, although that location is on a main road, I hardly ever "noticed" it... perhaps because of the hill (since your eyes are looking at the cars straight ahead of you and not uphill) and and the more noticeable strip mall on the other side of the road. Plus getting into that parking lot is a zig-zag mess.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '18

I'd like to see Boston Market come back.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Oct '18

Mark I don’t know if the landlord owns the liquor license or if Ruby’s does. If Ruby’s own it then yea they can sell it to someone that wants to open up in town. If the landlord owns it then it’s comes with the spot.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '18

That liquor license would be out of Mansfield, not Hackettstown. So no one would be able to use it in "town".

Michelle Michelle
Oct '18

Chili’s is still at ITC and still seems to be drawing crowds along with the other restaurants there. Parking lots are always full whenever I’ve headed up to Lowe’s. Macaroni Grill is what closed.

Completely disagree about that Ruby Tuesday’s location. It’s in an awkward spot and not really worth navigating to. It’s an afterthought.

YeahRight YeahRight
Oct '18

Ruby Tuesday owns it...

https://www.nj.gov/oag/abc/downloads/Retail_Licensee.xlsx

2116-33-002-004 Plenary Retail Consumption License Active RUBY TUESDAY RUBY TUESDAY INC Jul 01, 2018 Jun 30, 2019 MANSFIELD "1885 ROUTE 57 MANSFIELD, NJ 07840 USA" "2295 SOUTH HIAWASSEE RD #402 ORLANDO, FL 32835 USA"

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

Olive Gardens don't sell alcohol? I've honestly never been to one, so I have no idea... but I'd think it would make it extremely difficult for them to compete in the casual dining genre.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

I was only to Olive Garden once, about 20 years ago, for a work luncheon. The food was awful, but I remember people ordering wine.

Italian grandmas try Olive Garden.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyhE3-_lCM

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

All i remember is people wineing about olive garden for weeks and weeks

Bug3
Oct '18

"So no one would be able to use it in "town"."

Maybe he meant Beattystown.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '18

Yes I meant Mansfield when I mentioned “in town” I know my borders. Lol

And that’s why I said I didn’t I wasn’t sure if Olive Garden sells liquor, I’m Italian, my family would be caught dead in an Olive Garden. :)

Jim L Jim L
Oct '18

Olive Garden is a poor excuse for Italian food. Honestly wish these "adult fast-food" chains would just die already. People think they're eating something better than McDonalds and they're not. Golden Corral would be another terrible choice. These suggestions are frightening to say the least.

I'm going with a combination of part Charlie Browns and part Gordon Biersch

or CBGBs

I understand that Dave and Busters or any other adult restaurant/bar/arcade would be fun even though I wouldn't go to one ( I haven't played a video game in decades ) which isn't saying I'm against such an establishment, I just wouldn't go to one.
But, since I have not been to a Buffalo Wild Wing can somebody tell me what makes it fun? In fact so fun it had to be stated in all capital letters.

The usual cbgb, when you walk in you smell dirty mop water, stale beer and fried food, all while hopefully distracted by the multiple tv screens broadcasting various live sports. Nothing really fun about it.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '18

Agreed - do not like buffalo wild
Wings.

If I want chicken-Marleys does it better!

Shoutout to Marleys. Take over RT. In tour case, better parking!

Oct '18

I third that sentiment. BW3s used to be good. Then they went corporate. Now they are overpriced and poorer quality.

Def Marley’s for burgers and wings.

YeahRight YeahRight
Oct '18

Marley’s is very good but I don’t think they want to pay for a Liqour License to move to Mansfield

Hot under the collar
Oct '18

I call the Olive Garden the Irish Garden because when you (choose) there, your Irish!

Itiswhatitis
Oct '18

I was joking about the Rite Aide. But I wouldn't put it past them to put in 10th drug store in town.

Bozak Bozak
Oct '18

Boz-

They might, but only if it makes them money.

Stop going to place you don't want- and if enough people think like you, those places will cease to exist.

If they survive, you can blame your fellow man/woman.

None of the junk we tolerate would exist if people didn't patronize and support it. This is true from stores, restaurants, to cable companies, taxes, dumb laws, you name it...

Josh...you can add pay per view fights to the list.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '18

an automat.....

zentravl zentravl
Oct '18

I want to know what restaurant Fried Chicken and... owns so I can be sure to not to take up a table at his restaurant with my family.

a mom
Oct '18

I'm sure Fried Chicken only works at a restaurant not an owner.

Stating that the parents are only having 1 maybe 2 beers with dinner is, in my opinion, an irresponsible statement. I guess he would rather parents get hammered while having a family dinner out with their kids so the restaurant owner can make whatever profit he feels justifies customers "taking up a table of 5".

A restaurant owner should be pleased folks would consider their restaurant. There are many other places to choose from.

"I don’t think many of us can claim we’re “not really obese” just because the Rock shares the same BMI with us, lol!"

All depends on our state of mental health and whether or or not we live in reality or fantasy land.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Oct '18

I think anyone can claim that a metric based on nothing but two variables while ignoring a hundred other variables is at best simplistic and in reality ridiculous.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

Has anyone heard what might be moving into the old Ruby Tuesday's? The place was gutted this week.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Dec '20

I’ll never forget how they had the two Rite Aids next door to each other on Mtn. ave lol

Mervin
Dec '20

I think it's a Trader Joe's Jr.

Dec '20

I heard from someone that works in the plaza that a dentist's office is going in Ruby Tuesday's and Dunkin' is going into the old Arby's.

NJHokieFan NJHokieFan
Dec '20

NJ, that is one boring and disappointing answer.

justwondering justwondering
Dec '20

I heard TOPO is moving to the Arby’s building

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '20

Booster90

Funny idea, but they'd need to change their name to TOAP (The Old Arby's Place), or something similar, since they wouldn't be in "The Old Post Office" anymore.

I'd have liked to have seen Ruby Tuesday turn into a Sizzler, like there used to be at the Rockaway Mall, across from what's now Best Buy. Had many a steak and fresh lettuceless salad there. When I went to Ruby Tuesday, the salad bar seemed very small, without a lot of choices, and not particularly "fresh".

Of course if a Longhorn Steakhouse would move in, I'd have to fight the urge to eat there all the time! Hooked on the Flo's Filet.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '20

We need a Chick-Fil-A to take over one of those empty buildings.

The Sound Guy The Sound Guy
Dec '20

@The Sound Guy

Chic-Fil-A would be awesome, but could you imagine the traffic? 57 would be backed up through Mountain Ave in one directon and all the way to Washington in the other.

ChrisK ChrisK
Dec '20

trader joes.

freedom25 freedom25
Dec '20

Whole Foods

Philliesman Philliesman
Dec '20

Chick-fil-A, Trader Joes' and Whole Foods will never come to Hackettstown let alone Warren county. Not enough income algorithms to warrant a build site here. That's why we have Morris county and it's so close so no worries..

steve steve
Dec '20

Chik-fil-a is already in warren county twice...its in phillipsburgh and in the travel plaza by truck stops of America in delaware

Bug3
Dec '20

Good fill the empty buildings ! Business is business

If Trader Joes or especially Whole Foods comes then you know Warren County has become gentrified.

I saw the sign today where Ruby's Tuesday was. It says Aspen Dental coming soon. Now what is going where Arby's was?

coasterfan98 coasterfan98
Dec '20

coasterfan98

NJHokieFan was right so far about a dentist coming to Ruby Tuesdays, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and quess that Arby's will be a relocation of the Mansfield Dunkin, just as they said. I mean it does have a light to get back onto the road and a drive through setup already in place. It would just require remodeling the inside.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '20

Arby’s building will be a Vietnamese restaurant

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Dec '20

Brave people; hope they have a 5-month renovation plan OR a great take-out menu.

Dec '20

Oh boy how exciting another dentist office....

Metsman Metsman
Dec '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.