Stroudsburg area restaurants

Wondering if anyone can suggest a restaurant in the Stroudsburg area to take a 15 year old for lunch. My co worker wants to take her niece for lunch on Sunday but is looking for a place with a bit of atmosphere or fun. It can branch out from Stroudsburg, she’s willing to travel a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '18

Red Robin in Bartonsville on Rt 611

Sport
Jun '18

Texas Roadhouse

Metsman Metsman
Jun '18

I was gonna say Red Robin as well. In my opinion they have great burgers & unlimited fries. Great prices too.

Curious Curious
Jun '18

I'd go with Red Robin as well for a 15-year old. Their burgers are pretty good, come with bottomless fries, and they also have soups, salads, chicken sandwiches, etc. if a burger isn't what the kid is hungry for.

Great milkshakes, too....

ianimal ianimal
Jun '18

FYI, Texas roadhouse is not open for lunch during the week....only weekends...real bummer considering I am working right down the street LOL!

Darrin Darrin
Jun '18

I wouldn't suggest chains for atmosphere. Would Thai be a possibility? Of the three local places, the one sits at the top of a hill with a big view. Thai Thani but I believe they open kind of late on a Sunday lunch, 1:00 I think when me & mom did that one time.

Siamsa is a real, brought from Ireland kind of Irish pub in an old bank. Plenty of atmosphere.

Or try Willow Tree back on Ann Street. Right by the creek with a great view and outside seating on a good day. The food is a bit eclectic and sometimes misses a bit. But it's generally good.

If it were a Saturday I could suggest light lunch at Cafe Duet and then ice cream and Sweet Creams. I don't believe they are open on a Sunday.

Other possibility is Stroudsmoor if you want a large buffet. Very nice B&B like place that's popular for weddings.

Re: Stroudsburg area restaurants

Not that it's any more/less "fun" than other restaurants but I tried to stop in the Barley Creek Brewing Company for lunch any time I was in that area. It's right around the corner from the outlets if your co-worker and her niece like to shop.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '18

I knew i could count on you to offer up ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post,

Bessie Bessie
Jun '18

Willow Tree...sit outside on patio

firefly firefly
Jun '18

Sarah Street Bar and Grill. Siamsa Irish Pub.

If you wanted something that didn’t serve alcohol, Saen Thai in DWG is delicious.

LocalNeighbor LocalNeighbor
Jun '18

Been working down the street for a few months, Barley Creek Brewing Company has become one of our favorites Mark!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jun '18

Barley Creek Brewing! The place is great.

Happygirl Happygirl
Jun '18

Sarah Street Grill has been relatively consistent over the years. I have found the Willow Tree to be a solid "meh" after mediocre experiences ranging from 1989 to 2016. Thai Thani is a similar shrimp-chips-and-duck- sauce followed by average Thai food "meh" (just go to the Pandan Room - they have the PA places beat, IMO.)

Siamsa has atmosphere, but the food is just OK.

Think I just had beer and apps at Barley Creek once, so can't comment.

Red Robin is, oddly, decent for what it is. It probably is a good choice for a 15 year old,....but you have to get there on the hell that is Rt. 611 on a weekend. I wish you patience with that.

My kids have always liked Sarah Street, though I haven't been there in a year or so. PS - if you go upstairs, the acoustics kind of amplify ambient noise, but it is a nice space.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jun '18

Dairy Queen, Seven Bridges Road- here are the reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dairy-queen-east-stroudsburg?osq=dairy+queen

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.