Stroudsburg area restaurants

Wondering if anyone can suggest a restaurant in the Stroudsburg area to take a 15 year old for lunch. My co worker wants to take her niece for lunch on Sunday but is looking for a place with a bit of atmosphere or fun. It can branch out from Stroudsburg, she’s willing to travel a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bessie Bessie ✉
Jun '18

Red Robin in Bartonsville on Rt 611

Sport
Jun '18

Texas Roadhouse

Metsman Metsman ✉
Jun '18

I was gonna say Red Robin as well. In my opinion they have great burgers & unlimited fries. Great prices too.

Curious Curious ✉
Jun '18

I'd go with Red Robin as well for a 15-year old. Their burgers are pretty good, come with bottomless fries, and they also have soups, salads, chicken sandwiches, etc. if a burger isn't what the kid is hungry for.

Great milkshakes, too....

ianimal ianimal ✉
Jun '18

FYI, Texas roadhouse is not open for lunch during the week....only weekends...real bummer considering I am working right down the street LOL!

Darrin Darrin ✉
Jun '18

I wouldn't suggest chains for atmosphere. Would Thai be a possibility? Of the three local places, the one sits at the top of a hill with a big view. Thai Thani but I believe they open kind of late on a Sunday lunch, 1:00 I think when me & mom did that one time.

Siamsa is a real, brought from Ireland kind of Irish pub in an old bank. Plenty of atmosphere.

Or try Willow Tree back on Ann Street. Right by the creek with a great view and outside seating on a good day. The food is a bit eclectic and sometimes misses a bit. But it's generally good.

If it were a Saturday I could suggest light lunch at Cafe Duet and then ice cream and Sweet Creams. I don't believe they are open on a Sunday.

Other possibility is Stroudsmoor if you want a large buffet. Very nice B&B like place that's popular for weddings.


Re: Stroudsburg area restaurants

Not that it's any more/less "fun" than other restaurants but I tried to stop in the Barley Creek Brewing Company for lunch any time I was in that area. It's right around the corner from the outlets if your co-worker and her niece like to shop.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc. ✉
Jun '18

I knew i could count on you to offer up ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post,

Bessie Bessie ✉
Jun '18

Willow Tree...sit outside on patio

firefly firefly ✉
Jun '18

Sarah Street Bar and Grill. Siamsa Irish Pub.

If you wanted something that didn’t serve alcohol, Saen Thai in DWG is delicious.

LocalNeighbor LocalNeighbor ✉
Jun '18

Been working down the street for a few months, Barley Creek Brewing Company has become one of our favorites Mark!!!

Darrin Darrin ✉
Jun '18

Barley Creek Brewing! The place is great.

Happygirl Happygirl ✉
Jun '18

Sarah Street Grill has been relatively consistent over the years. I have found the Willow Tree to be a solid "meh" after mediocre experiences ranging from 1989 to 2016. Thai Thani is a similar shrimp-chips-and-duck- sauce followed by average Thai food "meh" (just go to the Pandan Room - they have the PA places beat, IMO.)

Siamsa has atmosphere, but the food is just OK.

Think I just had beer and apps at Barley Creek once, so can't comment.

Red Robin is, oddly, decent for what it is. It probably is a good choice for a 15 year old,....but you have to get there on the hell that is Rt. 611 on a weekend. I wish you patience with that.

My kids have always liked Sarah Street, though I haven't been there in a year or so. PS - if you go upstairs, the acoustics kind of amplify ambient noise, but it is a nice space.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4 ✉
Jun '18

Dairy Queen, Seven Bridges Road- here are the reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dairy-queen-east-stroudsburg?osq=dairy+queen


Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.