Old arcade question

Does anybody remember an arcade in the old Hackettstown mall? I think it was beside the original mama's restaurant in the mall

Bug3
Jan '18

Yes I do spent many a days in there...there was also one at the Little Village Mall on Main Street before it burned down.Osa’s on Main Street also had an arcade.

I remember an arcade in the building where Hot Bagels Abroad is now... mid to late '80s

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Ianimal, that arcade was there into the 90s. I remember going there as a youth.

btownguy btownguy
Jan '18

I remember all of those places. I even remember playing Space Invaders at the store that used to be where the Mansfield movie theater is now. (I think the name was something like Jamesway? This would have been in the very late 70s, I believe.) And I remember they used to have a couple of games at the pizza place next to The Strand Theater. There also used to be a bunch of video games at The Nook/Hidden Hills.

Egad--I'm old. :-/

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Jan '18

I remember there were a few arcade games in the old Pizza Hut when it was across from McDonalds and the old roller rink had a decent selection in the mid 90s

Patrick O. Patrick O.
Jan '18

Yes it was Jamesway I remember playing arcade games there and I remember the pizza place too I think it was called Joes 2 could be wrong though.The old Krauszers across form M&Ms had a few games back in the day probably late 70s.The Nook did have games in the back by the men’s bathroom....lolll.

Pinball wizard was the one in mall and where hot bagels are also in middle of town by harpers bagels is osa arcade can still see the games in there

Buckle up Arcaders - teen book Ready Player One is about to be released as a movie in March - if you want flashbacks read the book and you'll be instantly transported to those hours spent playing the classics - alas, like all movies, I'm sure they'll lose a bunch of the nuances, but it should be fun --- sound track is looking great too!

http://readyplayeronemovie.com/

Finally saw the trailer in the theater when we saw Jumanji

~trekster3 ~trekster3
Jan '18

I remember going to one in Chester.. next to RJ Mars

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '18

There's a great place in Somerville and Red Bank called Yestercades...they have all your old arcade and pinball games plus big-screen TVs connected to every console you could think of. You pay a set price by the hour so every game is free. I would really love if they opened up a location in Hackettstown, like in the Trading Post's old location on Main St.

http://yestercades.com/

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Jan '18

Get an emulator and play them all on your PC...

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Been looking for a killer instinct or killer instinct 2 stand up arcade for a few years now. Used to be able to get one for $400-$500. All the eBay ones are too $$$$$. Ah, the good ole days.

Consigliere
Jan '18

Ah...Jamesway....lol.

Osa's on Main Street still has arcade games in it. What's their deal??

Stumped
Jan '18

That Osa store is a portal for time travelers . It sure looks like time stopped sometime in the 1980s inside there !

realitycheek realitycheek
Jan '18

I know this isn't the same arcade, but wasn't there a small one in the movie theatre?
I know it's been gone for years, but when and why exactly was it removed?

When there used to be a roller skating rink there was also a ton of arcade cabinets in there. DARE nights were fun.

Pizzaparty
Jun '19

Killer Instinct is a tough one. Great game, but too difficult to emulate and no way some third party could do it

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.