A nice BYOB for this Saturday

Can anyone suggest a nice BYOB for this Saturday ?

Thanks to all in advance.

Steven Steven
Oct '17

I love james on main

Buzz126 Buzz126
Oct '17

You better call James on Main immediately for a reservation. They might not have availability on this short notice.

Topo or Pandan if you like Asian.

There are other good places, but they have liquor licenses.

If you want to drive 30 minutes, Clean Plate or Dora's on Main Street in Clinton.

maja2 maja2
Oct '17

James on Main. Get a growler full of beer at either Manskirt or Czig and take it over!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Verona in Randolph

Lucacell Lucacell
Oct '17

Bistro 46 in netcong is excellent
or taste of Italy

hhstigers
Oct '17

Also la strada in randolph on rt 10 is a great option! Always a good meal there. They arent BYOB though..

Buzz126 Buzz126
Oct '17

If you can't get into James on Main on this short a notice I second Bistro 46 in Netcong or Pandan Room in Netcong. Depends what you are in the mood for.

Jackie-O Jackie-O
Oct '17

Pandan Room in Netcong?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Benitos in Chester

Jersey..
Oct '17

Ugh meant to write Pandan in Hackettstown. Haven't had my coffee yet.

Jackie-O Jackie-O
Oct '17

Taste of Italy

Correct me if I am wrong, as I have never been in there, but isn't Taste of Italy basically a pizzeria/restaurant? If that's the case, I wouldn't consider that a "nice" BYOB.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

agreed - same thing with TOPO. Not everyone wants to cook an entree or sit in that environment. Pandan is OK but pretty casual & gets crowded.

When someone writes the word "nice" they want something better than casual.

Luca(work) Luca(work)
Oct '17

"Not everyone wants to cook an entree"

Huh?

there are some entree's at TOPO where you are given raw veggies & raw meat & a pot of steaming broth & you cook it yourself. Some people like to do that, some don't............They do have cooked entrees as well. It's a casual BYO; not a nice BYO.

Luca(work) Luca(work)
Oct '17

Branda's in Budd Lake

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '17

Casual can be nice. The OP didn't say fancy restaurant.

Maybe the OP can chime in and be a little more specific.

positive positive
Oct '17

Place like Taste of Italy is Fine, have been there food is excellent, was looking for a place similar .

Thnx,

Steven Steven
Oct '17

Taste of Italy is our favorite !!! You can request the front dining room and it's very nice!! The food and staff are the best!!

T@llc T@llc
Oct '17

I no longer recommend taste of Italy. The staff has completely changed and NONE of the original wait staff are there anymore. I was there Wednesday evening and my waitress was rude. Had a bad attitude the whole time. You could tell she thought she was “miss thang”. Hubby and I always had the waitress with dark black hair and big round glasses, ally I think her name is. Super up beat and always had a smile on her face! Terrie was awesome as well! Won’t be going back if the staff is going to be so rude!

Htown4life Htown4life
Oct '17

That's too bad. I was thinking of going this weekend but now I'm hesitant. Did you show your disapproval with a small tip? On another note, I love the token shiny penny left with a good tip for excellent service.

happiest girl
Oct '17

Ordered food last night from "Taste of Italy " Tx to this thread. It was absolutely delicious. Stuffed mushroom with crabmeat as an Appy. My daughter got whole wheat pasta with pesto sauce. I had the cavatelli with broccoli n my husband/younger daughter ordered a large pie(pizza). We will definitely order from them again. Delivery as well was Quick.
Ooh and their potato with bacon/sour cream(And whatever else is in it) was to die for. It's on the menu as an extra.

Realist Realist
Oct '17

Steven - where did you end up going? Review?

happiest girl
Oct '17

ot sure why, but I replied last evening...not here this a.m...

Went to Stella G's was excellent

Steven Steven
Oct '17

second for Benitos in Chester. Outstanding

nutty nutty
Oct '17

Also a little bit of a drive, but worth it is Andre's in Sparta.
In spring, summer and early fall, the outside dining is pretty

nutty nutty
Oct '17

Stella G's is now open for dinner?

happiest girl
Oct '17

happiest - I thought the same thing when I read Steven's post. However, I checked the website and it has no dinner hours listed. Maybe they went for lunch.....

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Or breakfast.
LOL

happiest girl
Oct '17

I guess we all interpreted it as a dinner recommendation!

Luca(work) Luca(work)
Oct '17

What's wrong with a BYOB breakfast? They don't call it the most important meal of the day for nothing (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '17

All,

The suggestions are very much appreciated , things changed a bit and we adapted to the change, it worked out well.

Thnx again to all !

Steven Steven
Oct '17

I recently had the Vegetable Cassoulet at Stella G's which was one of their October specials. They made it with fried polenta sticks instead of the gnocchi listed on their online menu. It was very good.

happiest girl
Oct '17

The new place in Belvidere is byob! Delicious good too!!!!

Foodieee Foodieee
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.