Leo's Pizzeria/High St. Strip Mall/New Business Applicants

Leo's Pizzeria/High St. Strip Mall/New Business Applicants

Leo's Pizza Enzo's has closed its doors for good.
Due to him Losing his lease on his building.
So my guess is if you have a gift certificate you are beat.
Someone has done a gofund me and it states in it he lost his lease. This was on the window . I went to use my $100.00 gift certificate and now I'm stuck with it.

Notsohappy Notsohappy
Oct '17

Is there a link to the Go Fund Me?

LenaK LenaK
Oct '17

A Go Fund Me, you got to be kidding me.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '17

Leo is a good man, sorry to hear

Pizzaeater
Oct '17

He may be a good man but the inside of that place was a dump and I am surprised the health department never shut that place down. If he could not afford the rent, sorry to hear, but please with the Go Fund Me. There is a new pizza place on Main Street that is trying their best and instead of being Gordon Ramsey complaining about how the crust is, it is an actual restaurant on Main Street and not another Mexican restaurant.

hlposter
Oct '17

What? But we go there once a week... Guess we're never safe from change until we're dead.

hktownie hktownie
Oct '17

Also seems like something shady went down there that all of the sudden it closes without loyal customers knowing. I would not be shocked if the Health Department shut that place down.

hlposter
Oct '17

Is this the one across from M&m? Next to he old Krauzers?

btownguy btownguy
Oct '17

Fundraiser by Rere Gi : Enzo's Leo
https://www.gofundme.com/enzo039s-leo-rando

Notsohappy Notsohappy
Oct '17

Whatever the reason may be, a man with 3 kids just lost the source of his income and the source his livelihood since he was a kid. His father built that business and he carried on the legacy for many years.

He has been a great part of the community for many years, have a little compassion people.

So much gossip - get a life, really.

Hackettstown07840 Hackettstown07840
Oct '17

Since the same thing happened to the laundromat there a couple months ago, I think the landlord pushed the tenants out. Maybe there was a good offer on the property.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Oct '17

I have noticed the quality of the food going down for the last several months. It used to be the best around, but not so much lately. I switched to Sonny's 2 in the Crossroads Plaza. They are excellent.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Oct '17

Go Fund Me? Seriously? My goodness. Why doesn't he just move to a new location like other businesses do? Since when does a lease not being renewed mean you have to go out of business? There are plenty of retail spaces available in Warren County for sure.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

If the landlord was going to push people out there would not be a sign in enzo window of new ownership. Face it someone has not paid there rent.

Notsohappy Notsohappy
Oct '17

"it is an actual restaurant on Main Street and not another Mexican restaurant."

I really hate those fake Mexican restaurants posing as actual restaurants.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '17

I guess we are now customers of Davilas. I wish Leo all the best. He had THE best honey mustard for the chicken tenders.

hktownie hktownie
Oct '17

most of them are Colombian restaurants btw

and the Columbian restaurants are pretty good. We could use a local Mexican restaurant thou and an Indian and a Turkish.

but mostly a Jamaican restaurant!!

There but for the grace of God go I. Compassion empathy respect. If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. God calls on us to help those in need. Judge less ye be judged.

jono, there's a Turkish restaurant in Flanders.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '17

I agree with this "Go fund me". BS. Work harder in the situations that you can. People that need it for legite reasons ok but for a business get real.

Emosewa Emosewa
Oct '17

The GoFundme page was set up by someone other than Leo. The person even states that Leo would be mad about the request.

Oct '17

Takes time and money to move a business, just saying...The building has been for sale, maybe it's easier to sell empty?

Diane629 Diane629
Oct '17

"The GoFundme page was set up by someone other than Leo. The person even states that Leo would be mad about the request."

Yes, I did read that. However, what is wrong with the person who started it? Places go out of business all the time, could you imagine if a Go Fund Me was started for all of them?

I realize in some instances, usually health related, these campaigns are very helpful. But a lot of the time they seem like just a money grab.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Went there once and the 2 men behind the counter were rude. Never went back.

Consigliere
Oct '17

Leo catered many of our family events and fundraisers. His food was excellent and we always received compliments as to the quality of his food.

We wish him the very best and look forward to his next venture.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Oct '17

Regarding Go Fund Me...Maybe he needs money to get back on his feet. Nothing wrong with that. I have seen these set up for much less...

Htown Htown
Oct '17

That place was a goldmine, there is more to the story I believe.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '17

I never found Enzo's on High Street to be that good of a pizza. Was that the only business still left in that lot? I would think with the new bank there, they'll try to renovate the whole strip mall for new business--or demolish it entirely for something else.

I would LOVE a Jamaican restaurant in town CBGB.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Oct '17

Geez, Leo is a great guy, long time fixture in this town, what is the point of kicking him when he's down. If you have nothing nice to say, what's the point of speculation, and criticism now?

Denis Denis
Oct '17

I would love for this Go fund me page to refund all the people who got beat out of money from their Get certificates that we can no longer use. And personally I don't know why there is a go fund me page for somebody who destroyed their own life and their own business. I think it's one big joke in my Humble opinion. His credit card machine stop working for months if you got a pizza ordered you had to write a check out to cash not and Enzo's Sounds a little fishy doesn't it.

Notsohappy Notsohappy
Oct '17

Go to Enzo's every week and pay by CC, including this past Saturday.

Hope it all works out for Leo and his Family - place has been there since the early 80's.

USS Nathan James
Oct '17

a good Jamaican restaurant would be awesome. As for the Turkish restaurant in Flanders that is a good one but having one in Htown would be better.

Not so Happy I bet someone who was a good customer of Enzo's is the one who bought that gift card for you. Who would buy a gift card for $100 to a pizza place they were not fond of and then give it to someone they care for as a gift? Sounds as though your game is tight so that $100 shouldn't be a big deal to you and it was a gift in the first place so you are not out $100 yourself. Is the person who bought you that gift card as upset as you appear to be over this? Thanks for sharing this post and getting people to talk on this. It is great to see the few who are out here defending and showing support to Enzo's. This is a sad day. No one should celebrate this. Enough with the Darwinism. People who want Jamaican food in Hackettstown start a new thread and gravitate to it. This thread should continue building by comments from Hackettstown folk who show compassion and care for their neighbors.

Randy Randy
Oct '17

the only Jamaican restaurant I know of is in Boonton, Eric's on MainSt
but I live in Dover now so it's a quick ride for some curry goat or jerk chicken

I would totally dig having some and taking it to either Czig's or Man Skirt

Re: Leo's Pizzeria/High St. Strip Mall/New Business Applicants

I agree that it would be great to have a Jamaican restaurant in town! Beef patties, rice and peas, and some local beer.....yum!

Island Delights in East Stroudsburg is probably just a bit closer for most of us in Hackettstown than Boonton. It's run by a family from Jamaica. Good patties and a great goat roti.

There's a lot of very good Carribean food in the Pocono area, but not necessarily Jamaican.

How can so many people speculate with no clue and be so mean and rude!
No one knows the truth but Leo and he is the hardest worker and bust his but for that business! Whatever happened possibly could of been out of his control! And as far as a go fund me page he would never ask for a hand out but has many loyal customers and friends that respect him very highly that would try anything to help a great person! So stop judging, you never know another persons circumstances , life is hard and we all have to live it! Be kind! Good luck to Leo and no matter what I know you will be back on top !

Beezy Beezy
Oct '17

That's right Randy the person is beat out of their money but who cares it's only $100.00. I don't give a rat's A$$ about compassion because there was no compassion for his customer's when he took their money knowing he was closing his store. So people who do that don't care about anyone but them self. So get over your self. I will talk about what ever I want....

Notsohappy Notsohappy
Oct '17

"So stop judging, you never know another persons circumstances, life is hard and we all have to live it! Be kind!"

Words to live by. We're all human just trying to get through life.

I know that there are people who might abuse the go-fund-me sites, but on the positive side, it can also be a quick/easy/anonymous way to give to those who might need a hand during a difficult time. In this world with horrible income disparity, it's a way to do one's part to help make the playing field more even.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Notsohappy - what an appropriate name to go by! Certainly hope you are never in a bad way. Rough way to go through life. But - I have 'compassion ' for you. May life always be good to you.

Occasional reader
Oct '17

There is a Jamaican Restaurant opening up on Main St. Netcong, saw the sign the other day, but not sure when they will open.

lifegoeson lifegoeson
Oct '17

seeeeet, thanks lgo

http://jaspice.com

I love Jaspice's American menu. There is only one item on it, a burger. LOL

The jerk chicken and curry chicken look pretty tasty in the photos.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Notsohappy, you seem to be the one that doesn't care about anyone!

Beezy Beezy
Oct '17

I'm sorry but I would never trust a third party goFundme. Who created this? What guarantee do we have that the money gets to him? and could you just write him a few checks instead - go fund me takes around 8%!

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Oct '17

For those who feel the need to question the person who started the Go Fund Me for Leo. It is a friend of his who’s known him over 35 years. They will make sure Leo gets the money. He did NOT know the place was closing months ago. He knew 3 days before he had to close.

For the heartless person who’s concerned only about themselves over a $100 gift certificate since your have so much to say/post publicly, please feel free to post your mailing address & I’ll buy you $100 worth of pizza over the next six months. Will that adjust your hateful self centered attitude towards another humans suffering?

Unlike the haters on this thread Leo clocked hundreds of hours in that restaurant since he was 9 years old. Id like to see any of you work one week in his shoes & see if you can do it. He doesn’t sit behind a computer screen espousing hate, ill will nor does he kick people when they’re down. Y’all need to read your bibles or get in touch with whatever higher power you believe in and learn compassion & grace. You never know when the tables will turn on you. I hope each of you has someone to lean on in those times.

post a mailing address? What? Are you going to mail a pizza to somebody?

"He knew 3 days before he had to close. "

Wouldn't of that short of a notice had to be spelled out in the lease when he signed it? That he could potentially be kicked out with 3 days notice? If it's not, sounds like the landlord is going to have some explaining to do.

Still seems like we are not getting the full story

Darrin Darrin
Oct '17

Last Friday I ordered a pizza to be delivered. I asked if I could deduct the amount from their gift certificate. They said, "'not on deliveries". When the girl delivered the pizza, she said her boss told her to tell me that I should use the gift certificate by Sunday. They are closing because the lease had not been renewed. So,that evening, I ordered meals for pick up. When I handed the certificate to them, the boss asked me if I was the one he had informed about it.I said I was and that I really appreciated it. He said he could not live with himself.
The gift certificate was purchased 3 weeks earlier.
I am sorry I hadn't posted it at that time. I had not even given it a thought.

Does anybody know how to get a hold of Leo's? I might have an opportunity for them and I'd like to see if it's a good fit for him :) --- Thanks - just message me - Thanks!

trekster3~ trekster3~
Oct '17

I'm so sad about this. Leo was always so nice to me.......it feels nice going into a business and get greated by name......whenever we had an issue (which wasnt often) he went above and beyond to make it right.....

I do believe that all things happen for a reason and that what ever Leo's future holds, is greater then he might expect now......Best of luck to you Leo.........and all the folks that worked there.

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Don't engage the troll..don't engage the troll...

Oct '17

The pizza was good!! It’s sad when a small business goes under.. The sad part is they will give the mall a makeover n we will hopefully get another quick check!!(not) My guess would be another medical plaza type thing...

Me. Tone Me. Tone
Oct '17

We went to school with Leo and loved his food . Great guy and always took time out to catch up with us when ever we went in. We moved out of state 18 years ago and we always made it a point to visit him and of course to eat when we were back in town. What ever the case Leo is hard working man and we will miss seeing him and his food. Leo keep your head held high and keep that smile on your face that you always have. God bless

Christopher Casella Christopher Casella
Oct '17

Since we moved here we only ate the pizza from Enzo's. His pizza was like what I grew up with! Always smiling to us and always saying hello. As I drove past the darkened place today I feel the loss. If I have to I will order at the Enzo's Pasta Grill or the Enzo up on Rt 46. I will miss Leo and the crew.

WagsinHack WagsinHack
Oct '17

My sister and I tried ordering from Enzo's tonight and the phone was disconnected. I have been in Hackettstown for 30 years and they had the very best pizza in town! I am so sad to hear that they lost their lease. It is an extremely difficult thing to endure the loss of a business and so stressful to experience catastrophic money problems. Rest up for a while Leo and perhaps someday we will hear of you back on your feet and spinning the pies again! Until then, thank you!

Megan Beebe Megan Beebe
Oct '17

Loved there family size pepperoni rolls they were our favorite and perfect for left overs. Have to find a new place now. Tried gabbys and franks never as good :(

Zzz145 Zzz145
Oct '17

I see you all praising leo for his food. What about his employees that only got his "3 day notice?"

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Oct '17

Yes, Leo is a good guy, but he must not be a very good businessman. I find it hard to believe anyone would sign a lease that only provides 3-day notice to terminate. That’s crazy. Of course, if the lease provides for termination for cause, then it’s another story.

What a surprise
Oct '17

Many other restaurants have closed with *no* notice to their employees.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '17

I am sorry to see Enzo's out of business, Leo always provided all of our food for any event and it was always the best. Leo is a good guy that was always willing to help you if you needed it, he deserves kindness and compassion during a difficult time, not gossip and hatred.

Tracey Tracey
Oct '17

Hmm, still no actual truth posted on why it closed....

Darrin Darrin
Oct '17

The truth is he lost the lease. He didn't pay because her could afford it. Just like any other lease. Not much of a mystery here....

Htown Htown
Oct '17

Never mind the whole mall is empty..the owner probably wants to tear the thing down and start over

Bug3
Oct '17

http://www.eagleamericanrealty.com/properties/1268-10-1.pdf

the property owner has been trying to sell the lot for a year now. Not surprising, they didn't renew the lease, probably felt it was easier to sell to a developer if entire lot was vacant.

Jim L. Jim L.
Oct '17

There is a lot more to the story!

Sport
Oct '17

Or maybe the landlord is just a piece of crap and won't repair anything therefore Leo has no control, ever think of that!

Beezy Beezy
Oct '17

Leo and his family are really good people and they don't deserve all this nonsense. My kids went to school with his kids at St. Mary's and he was a stand up guy and always delivered pizza's on Friday's for the school and he was always paid late by the school. He worked his ass off and was always in that store. I owned a small business and it's not all that glamour and money is not easy to make! One must pay Uncle Sam, insurance and all the other red tape that comes with it. So stop saying it was a goldmine! If it was a goldmine he wouldn't be working there all day and he wouldn't be living in Hackettstown! Good luck Leo in whatever you do and hopefully you get with your family in South Carolina and maybe open something down there. By the way your food was very good:)

Earnhardtnov13 Earnhardtnov13
Oct '17

Leo is awesome and will be missed!

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '17

Wasn’t that the Enzo’s that won the best pizza in NJ on 101.5? And a big write up about it, lots of press& advertising?

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '17

LET ME CLARIFY JUST A FEW THINGS. LEO RANDO IS THE BEST TYPE OF PERSON YOU'LD EVER WANT TO KNOW. I worked for him for 3 years, and yes, did he yell? Yes. Did he want things done right, yes. But he cared more about anyone BUT HIMSELF more than ANYONE IVE EVER MET. He was the guy that gave a chance to kids/people that were down on their luck, or just plainly, in need of guidance and discipline in order to get themselves to a better place in life. He gave people a chance, when no one else would.
I myself am one to speak, for if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have had a roof over me and my daughters' head, nor food on the table for years. I've heard enough speculation concerning why Enzo's closed. That in itself, doesn't matter. HE DID HIS BEST to stay open.. He carried Enzo's for as long as he could. HE IS NOT PERFECT, but I'll tell you this, HIS HEART IS MORE SELFLESS AND GIVING than most of us. Hackettstown will miss Enzo's, but losimg Leo Rando behind that counter, will be a loss felt for years to come.

Very well said, CJ! A business which
Has been in town for a LONG time, owned and run by a very generous guy unfortunately closes, and some of.the "experts" on.this forum need to.
try to tear him down. I've been involved with several organizations throughout.the years and Leo always donated or sponsored when I asked, AND gave a discount on the food when we used him as a caterer!

Deviljet
Oct '17

I was there once years ago. That was a very old and small mini strip mall, maybe 3 stores? The property will be demolished with something new going in. A lot of landlords do not want to house restaurants if they are small or dedicated to medical. I doubt it is Leo's fault in having to close.

Any fundraiser I have been involved with, Leo was always there. He didn't just let us put up a poster, he got out his check book and started writing. He's a very generous person.

My family were regular customers there for 8 years. Leo was always a good guy and we enjoyed the food very much. I agree with those stating that there is no need to try and tear the man down now. I feel for him and his family and I hope that he is able to get another store opened at some point soon.

The Anvil The Anvil
Oct '17

So sad to hear this place is gone.. he made th best pepperoni rolls and noone else can compare went to enzos in mansfield lastnight and ordered one and was up all night sick. I hope they reopen

Buzzy614 Buzzy614
Oct '17

I hope the owner of the strip can't move it and the taxes eat up any profit he thinks he will make when it does sell.
Leo is good people...

The first place daughter always wanted to go to when she came home from Virginia was Leo’s. She loved his vodka penne!
He always took the time to chat and catch up
Such a nice guy! So sorry that he won’t be “up the street”. Hope he reopens close by soon!

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '17

I had started a new thread for this since my topic doesn't really have to do with Enzo's per se and is a completely different subject but the moderator removed it, I guess based on my title.

Anyway, let me preface this by saying I can find NO information regarding this, but I heard through a friend who is pretty in tune with local happenings that a Dunkin' Donuts and 30 Burgers (formerly 25 Burgers - a small NJ chain) will be opening at the Enzo's building location on High Street. If this is the case, I am assuming the existing building would be demolished and a new one built, since it's in pretty rough shape. Again, this could just be an unfounded rumor so please don't lambaste me - I'm only posting to see if anyone knows this to be the case or is better than me searching online for confirmation.

The R The R
Nov '17

DD and Burgers across from M&Ms would makes sense.

How about a good Jewish deli? I shouldn't have to to go so far to get some matzo ball soup and kreplach!

ASfromBklyn ASfromBklyn
Nov '17

A Kosher deli would be perfect for this town. I miss good pastrami and fresh steamed corned beef. It would also serve the Halal folks in town as it conforms with their diet restrictions too.

If you want to judge them for giving 3 days notice to employees, please know that most corporate places give an hours notice, if that. I never worked for him but his food was amazing. If you know nothing about the industry, please don't talk.

nuplan4life nuplan4life
Nov '17

Sweet! 25 Burgers in Fairfield is a great place! I used to eat there when I worked out that way.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '17

I would love if the 30 Burgers rumor is true. I go to the one in Flemington when I take my car in for service and it's always a treat.

Nov '17

According to the 25/30 Burger website, Warren county is not available to open a new location. That either means a location is in fact in the works or they will not have a location in Warren county. Too bad as I have been to their original place in Bound Brook many times and enjoy it.

How many burgers is it? 25 or 30? So confusing.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

Calico, their original locations are 25 burgers where they offered 24 different kinds of regular burgers and one rotating special burger every month. I think those are Bound Brook, Flemington, Branchburg, Linden, Fairfield, and South Plainfield. Their new locations are called 30 Burgers because they offer more options and also salads, chicken sandwiches, etc. and those are in New Brunswick, Princeton, and some other places.

Nov '17

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of either.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

The website info goes over how they added 5 new burgers after their initial success. Although I've had several good ones at 30 Burger, I'm really hooked on that gyro burger.

Now I want a burger.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '17

3wbdwnj- Me too! Some of the photographs on their website are captivating! LOL

I have tried several and I don't think I've had one I didn't want again. The gyro sounds tasty. Average of thirty days a month, 30 burgers....it's a no brainer.

30 Burgers is definitely coming to Hackettstown, They are in the process of purchasing the building. I’ll post more once they close on the building and start construction

BhavikWineCountry BhavikWineCountry
Nov '17

Leo was always awesome to both me and my kids. His pizza was further from my house but
better than all of the mediocre Albanian places scattered around H Town. Its pretty sad that so many people decide to take the douchebag approach with all of their negativity, speculation and opinions about a guy that was so awesome to so many for so long.
I hope that Leo finds a new home and is able to survive this whole thing.

Wow, what the heck do Albanians have to do with it...what an absolutely ignorant comment that was. Maybe he went out of business cause he was a crappy business owner who didn’t protect his business with a solid lease.

Happy man Happy man
Dec '17

Maybe the owners of the strip mall wanted it empty

Bug3
Dec '17

May be he just wanted out after working long hours for many years and wants to spend time with his family.

Wiseguy Wiseguy
Dec '17

Our Apologies to the Albanians for the stupid comments made by SJM.

Apologies my sweet patootie. This ethnic racist has done us a service.

Show us where the Albanian pizza is. I want some real Albanian pizza cooked below the flame in covered dishes.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/vegetable-appetizer/albanian-pizza.html

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

Really wish someone would just post the truth and get this nonsense finger pointing over with

Darrin Darrin
Dec '17

We miss Leo! Have bought pizza from 3 different places since he closed and it's just not the same at all.

hktownie hktownie
Dec '17

Is Albanian pizza white? You know, alba.....

Dec '17

Darrin..if they do knock the place down..we will know the truth

Bug3
Dec '17

Bug....nope

Darrin Darrin
Dec '17

That means the owners wanted it empty..

Bug3
Dec '17

That may be correct bug, but nobody would have a lease that ends abruptly with 3 days notice

Darrin Darrin
Dec '17

All we know is what is posted...no facts

Bug3
Dec '17

I'm not sure why anybody thinks they need to know any facts, or speculate endlessly for 2 months. By all accounts including my own, Leo is a great guy. The business closed, that's all anyone needs to know. Start a new thread for possible resturants moving to town and let this thread die already.

Denis Denis
Dec '17

http://nj1015.com/the-best-pizza-in-all-of-new-jersey-joe-votruba-announces-the-winner/

Only a year ago......

Greener Pastures
Dec '17

Denis

I just said we don't know the facts..it just seems like they have plans for the property and wanted everyone out..

Bug3
Dec '17

Hi not so happy and everyone on this thread, I am also not so happy I was victimized by Leo Rando in regards to credit card theft he charged me $990 for a chicken parm sandwich his credit card machine was broken and he said that the swipe was no good and he had to manually key it in. I got no receipt at the store and I got an email alert from SquareTrade stating that I was charged $990 I immediately called Leo at the store this was like 10 minutes after I got home and started eating the sandwich he said that it was a mistake and he fat fingered it and that he would put in the reversal to the credit card company will guess what he never did then he had the nerve to dispute the charge after I disputed it with Capital One and Visa.. I am asking for any other victims of the credit card and identity theft scam that he was running to please post on this website and we can collectively go to the Hackettstown PD. I have already filed a theft by deception charge in this matter. I am also getting ready to do an open public records request to see if anybody else in the local area has had the balls to come forward and file charges, collectively there is strength in numbers... if you know of anybody else that has been scammed let's all get together on this... please respond

Frank007 Frank007
Mar '18

One time I was charged something like $1,280 for a pizza (I think it should have been $12.80). I just called Discover and said something like "who would pay $1,280 for pizza?" and they took care of the credit.

Scam or not, I don't know... I believe he had one of those credit card keypads where the price had to be typed in manually (not linked to the cash register). Do those require the user to put in a decimal point or did it assume the last two numbers were the "cents"? i.e. Do you just type 1-2-8-0 or do you need to press 1-2-DOT-8-0?

If you were going to scam someone, wouldn't you just add some smaller amount that wouldn't be noticeable?

Anyway, that was several years ago and I never had an issue with charges there before or since.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '18

Someone I work with said this happened to them as well.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '18

I heard a rumor also that he was scamming a lot of people this way. A business was charged 1200.00 for 120.00. I am pretty sure they reported it,

happycamper happycamper
Mar '18

I know Leo personally and worked with him for ten years. There is a lot more to this story. Sinister Things outside of his control. That being said he was the hardest worker I've ever met and a stand up guy who would give you his last dollar. I've seen him lend out hundreds of thousands over the years, yes hundreds of thousands, and only get a fraction of that money back, some of it for some crazy reasons which I'm not going to discuss. Everyone should wish him well going forward as he is a great person and I love him as a friend and to see what happened to him breaks my heart. What happened to him shouldn't have taken place.

^^ Alex, yeah sounds like a great guy..except for the fact that many people here are saying he tried to scam them.

Centblows Centblows
Jul '18

That happened to me a few years ago. The bill was $35.00 and someone apparently punched in $350.00. HOWEVER - I hadn't noticed and the next day I received a call from someone from Enzo's telling ME what happened and that they were fixing it. That leads me to believe it was human error and not some plot to scam his customers. The issue was resolved within 48 hours without my involvement at all.

Laurel Laurel
Jul '18

And, by the way, my family still can't find pizza we like as much as Enzo's. We really miss them.

Laurel Laurel
Jul '18

I am so disheartened that people in this forum would bash a person who has bent over backwards to help the people of hackettstown. He was not a person who went around bragging about who he helped and how but I know for fact that he did bail out several non profits throughout the years. Whether or not you liked Leo he was a stand up guy who got a crummy deal and we as a collective community miss him and his delicious food

Ziggy Ziggy
Jul '18

A few days ago I saw a bunch of people outside the old Enzo’s and the laundromat. The doors were open in the pizzeria. Looked like they are getting ready to do something with the businesses

Michael Michael
Jul '18

I guess it's official, a Dunkin Donuts and a 30 Burger planned for the site.

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2018/30-burgers-dunkin-donuts-coming-soon-to-high-st-in-hackettstown/

Still has a long way to go but I guess it’s now public knowledge now that they are submitting an application soon.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '18

The dunkin is not is not approved and applications are not even ready for that, the burger place will have applications into the town engineer and zoning in a week or 2. I also won’t have any ownership in the dunkin

BhavikP BhavikP
Sep '18

It;s a great addition to that side of town. I look forward to it. Good Luck!!

DD has an uphill battle with the county to get the drive thru approval.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '18

Yes! 25 Burgers in Flemington is great - can't wait to see this!

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Sep '18

Jim L - why will the county make it difficult for DD to put in a drive thru?

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Sep '18

Traffic onto route 517, they are going to want the left turn taken out and probably some other things, same way did for fulton’s approval

BhavikP BhavikP
Sep '18

Thank you Bhavik!

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Sep '18

What BhavikP said. It’s the “some other things” that could be an issue. I heard county wants a traffic light there. At least they did a few years back.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '18

I looked up the menu for 30 burgers and apparently they just make any kind of sandwich on a roll and call it a burger . I really enjoyed the hard boiled egg and sardine burger I made the other day . Why another DD ? The donuts and sandwiches are terrible - I guess people go there for the coffee ?

https://www.menuwithprice.com/menu/30-burgers/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '18

Dunkin Donuts is the second largest coffee chain in the county. Yes people go there for coffee. LOL

A drive thru is very important to DD sales, naturally. A store without a drive thru is adequate like the one in Long Valley, but the bottom line takes a hit.

"Murphy, senior vice president of operations for the coffee-and-treats chain, says 59 percent of traditional Dunkin’ locations have a drive thru, and those units have 23 percent higher sales volume than other traditional locations."

Hopefully a solution can be achieved to allow for that site to have a drive thru for DD.

In the meantime, bring on that beefy goodness! LOL.

97XBAM - If you've never been there, yes they have a set of chicken burgers, turkey, veggie burgers, and some specialty meats like bison. But half the menu is Angus beef. They just have a very interesting set of toppings.

97x. If you look at their menu all those “sandwiches” are actually toppings on top of an angus beef patty. So the Rueben burger is a Rueben sandwich on top of a burger patty. I’ve eaten at the one in Branchburg. Good food

Jim L Jim L
Sep '18

"A drive thru is very important to DD sales, naturally. A store without a drive thru is adequate like the one in Long Valley, but the bottom line takes a hit."

My goodness, how lazy people have become. Sigh.....

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '18

Calico- I don’t drink coffee but now that I have a baby I get wanting a drive up window

So many times I have wanted a drink from QC and don’t stop bc i would have to wake her, unbuckle and then put her back in. So yes I’m lazy but it’s just not worth all the work for a drink.

Nosila Nosila
Sep '18

Yeah when you have a little one in a car seat it's a pain in the ass to get coffee without a drive thru.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '18

It's so true. When I was reading abut those statistics I started thinking about how many people would actually drive to another location if there was no drive through. I assume sadly, there would be plenty of people who would drive to the Mountain Ave location rather than walk inside the proposed High Street spot.

The great irony of the DD slogan- " America Runs On Dunkin" Disclaimer: As long as I don't have to get off my ass! LOL

Curious how much business DD will take from QC. QC can't be too happy about this..

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Sep '18

I think Quick Check coffee beats DD by a country mile. Though I know I am in the minority, I do not even like DD coffee.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Sep '18

DD's drive thru without a menu board listing available donuts is like a journey through a mine field lead by a blind tour guide.

Anyone try a 30Burger yet? As Mr. Patel owns a piece of both eateries here, it sounds like a group of investors running the joints. As 30Burgers is in expansion mode, looking for franchisee's, this is a love of business concern, not a love of burgers or donuts --IMO., Somehow, I don't think Bhavik Patel is a master of the burger..... Perhaps just my own baggage, time will tell and I hope their true love of business creates a lovely burger and donut.

30burgers' claim to "food integrity" includes: "finding vegetables grown in healthy soil, to sourcing pork from pigs allowed to freely root and roam outdoors or in deeply bedded barns." OK, nice statement but not exactly saying "organic, no pesticides, no GMO's, etc." Free range pork...…Free range angus beef, fresh cooked to order, never frozen. Again, not exactly a holistic menu, but a great start.

Frankly, a NJ concern with 10 locations when H-town comes on line, looking to expand --- just fill out the form.....

Personally, I'll take Monchies with two locations, no franchises (yet, but I am betting someday.....) and their very special Columbian twist on the American burger not to mention all the other goodies. Just my opinion.

But best luck and I will certainly give an opportunity to change my mind. I love a good burger.

Sep '18

Let me reiterate what i posted before I will not have any ownership in DD if/when it gets approved. As for the burger place my family owns most of the chain already and I have been spending time learning the ins and out of the business as well and learning the way the burgers are cooked and prepared. If you want to try a burger take a trip down to bound brook or branchburg and test the food quality.

BhavikP BhavikP
Sep '18

Mr Bhavilp.
I like a pro-active owner.
When you open I’ll certainly give you a shot.
Best of luck in your endeavor.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '18

I've tried 30 Burgers in Branchburg a few times. Burgers have been good & excellent choices of vegetarian as well which is great! I didn't care for the rolls but that could be the source of the rolls the Branchburg location uses.

Luca(Work) Luca(Work)
Sep '18

Ty, my misread, and thanks for the honesty of your learning experience. Like I said, I will be giving you a try and best luck in your new endeavor.

Sep '18

SD,
Unless you are using HLPC or a mass spectrometer you have no idea what is in the food you are eating.

"30burgers' claim to "food integrity" includes: "finding vegetables grown in healthy soil, to sourcing pork from pigs allowed to freely root and roam outdoors or in deeply bedded barns." OK, nice statement but not exactly saying "organic, no pesticides, no GMO's, etc." Free range pork...…Free range angus beef, fresh cooked to order, never frozen. Again, not exactly a holistic menu, but a great start. "

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Sep '18

BhavikP I just want to say my husband and I love your burgers!! I always joke that just after I move from a place, a 25 Burgers opens right away (Bound Brook, Hillsborough). Now I'm finally staying put when you open a location!

Sep '18

Worked for Leo behind the counter for years during high school. I on a few occasions would accidentally overcharge, as the machine was rather difficult to use. I gained absolutely nothing from that, so it was not a scam, and anyone who would accuse him of that clearly doesn’t know him. I have seen Leo help out so many people, especially his employees. Working at Enzo’s was the best time of my life, as it really did feel like a family. I was heartbroken when I heard that the store was closing, as I have had several long talks with Leo about how passionate he was about the business. He really is the hardest working man I’ve ever met, and definitely gave me a strong work ethic. Yes, like someone said, he wasn’t always the easiest person to work for, as he is very particular about how he likes things done, but I always respected that about him. Not only do I miss the food, but I do really miss working there, and I always regretted leaving. I’m hoping Leo is doing well.

htowngal98 htowngal98
Dec '18

This happened over a year ago, the thread turned into the new businesses going in. Why bring this up now? Let's just hope those businesses last.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Dec '18

Would you/it undercharge too? Hope so, or else it was a scam...

Whatever happened to the burger place that was moving in?

Bug3
Feb '19

Waiting for approval I’m guessing? Contractors came and did demo work inside a few months ago

Michael Michael
Feb '19

https://www.30burgers.com/food-and-restaurants-location

Per the website - coming soon to Hackettstown!!!

Be patient Bug3 it’s still coming. Things take time.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

I saw the for sale sign back in front of the mall

Bug3
Feb '19

the whole little mall has had a for sale sign up forever

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

***sigh** the sign said sale pending but now it doesn't anymore

Bug3
Feb '19

The property was sold in June 2018. The sale was completed. It is not up for sale again.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

Thanks

Bug3
Feb '19

I think I saw Leo working at Mama's ---- unless it is just someone who looks like him.

happiest girl
Feb '19

Yes I saw him there also.

Off topic has anyone heard if Chick fil A will be coming to Hackettstown or Mansfield?

DP - Nothing listed for NJ on their website.

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/News/Future-Openings

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Calico- idk how accurate that is because there is one currently under construction in morris plains. Signage is already up.

Njchia Njchia
Mar '19

Here is a link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/new-jersey/morristown/amp/27897682/click-fil-opening-pushed-back-spring-morris-plains

Bug3
Mar '19

The future openings on CFA's website don't show all the new restaurants opening in the future. Just the ones opening in the next month or two.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Mar '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.