Davila's Pizza & Restaurant

Stopped in the new pizza place where Mezza House was today. They are having their soft opening. Hubby got a slice of honey mustard chicken pizza and I got a slice of chicken parm pizza. They were both very good. He makes his own dough, I'm not sure if that is the norm or not. We'll definitely try it again. The crust was thin and crispy but they also have a thick crust and I will be trying their Nonna's soon. They have a full menu of the typical pizzeria restaurant offerings. I hope they do well.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

Tried their entrees at the Lamplight dinner &!it was good. Hoping for a place that can excel in thin crust pizza!

Lucacell Lucacell
Sep '17

give them a chance, they are nice people there, and its there first real day of opening, had a slice of the pizza, thought it was great

easy going guy
Sep '17

I also stopped in today. Had two great slices. The thin crust is the way I like it. Wishing them good luck. My wife and I will definitely be back!

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Sep '17

Do they have Gluten Free options?

Congrats
Sep '17

No gluten free unfortunately.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

menu anyone?

htownpizza htownpizza
Sep '17

stopped by and had a slice and a coke.its so great to have a place on main street that you can go in and just grab a slice.good pie thin crust tasty cheese and sauce.

Do they have a website? I tried google and only a Davila's in FL came up.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I'm sorry - this place is just a run of the mill pizza joint. We didn't need this. We needed a real Italian restaurant (like Cara Mia). Sad to see this town has such bad Italian options. And please please don't say Mama's.

Disappointed to see.

Thaimaster18 Thaimaster18
Sep '17

Do they deliver?

Htown Htown
Sep '17

Yes they deliver. Calico, they told me this evening they plan to have their website and FB page set up by their grand opening of this Friday. We ordered take out tonight and really enjoyed it. We got a meatball pizza and a Nonna's (so good) plus an eggplant rolatini entree. We will continue to get our pizza from here. They are the only local pizzaria we like. We usually go to Carmine's in Netcong.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

Thaimaster, I miss Cara Mia too and I agree we didn't need another run of the mill pizza place but they're here and they're actually really good. Well, what I've had so far at least. I wish them well as I don't want to see another business fail.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

Just had two plain slices and they were quite good in my opinion. Nice thin crust. Not a place you would go for a sit down meal but the pizza was better than most places around here. Menu has your typical Italian fare and looks reasonably priced. Will try the Hero's the next time.

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '17

Thank you thaimaster I is beyond me how mamas stays in business it is the worst food ever, with an interior design that is such a hodgepodge of bad taste.

Want good food Want good food
Sep '17

Sooooo you guys would rather see an empty store front or two? Business is business.

Personally, I look forward to giving it a try.

btownguy btownguy
Sep '17

Cara mai, how long has that been gone. Move on get over it.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Sep '17

Looking forward to trying some. I really miss DiMaios, his was the best in town and certainly the best on Main St. Maybe this place will reinstate that spirit. But I agree I don't know how Mama's stays in business, overpriced, lousy food by Italian standards and some of the worst pizza I've eaten.

Mickey Mickey
Sep '17

What the town 'needs' is businesses on Main Street if you believe there is a strong need for something else, make your own investment to fill that need. Looking forward to giving them a try - like hearing they have a thin crust.

jpb3302 jpb3302
Sep '17

just tried there egg and pepper sub.fresh crispy roll,good eggs and peppers.its big.yum

There is not one authentic Italian restaurant in this town. Think about it. When I saw the banner hanging above Davila's " Italian restaurant coming soon" I thought to myself.... maybe just maybe something unique would be built here.

Nope, a pizza place that has one table to sit at.

For the lover's of Mama's - leave the county, see the world.

ThaiMaster18 ThaiMaster18
Sep '17

ThaiMaster - There really isn't one authentic Italian restaurant in Warren County. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Agree Calico. If you want good Italian food you need to at least go into Morris county. Eccola in Parsippany, Café Fiori in Randolph, Forte, Randolph, Calandras Grill in Caldwell, just to name a few. What I'd give to have half of one of these restaurants here. Can't get a good meal here except for breakfast at Stella G's!

Mickey Mickey
Sep '17

Little Italy is a great restaurant in Phillipsburg. My. vote for a great Italian Restaurant in Warren County.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Sep '17

MM, Little Italy on South Main Street in Pohatcong Township? They changed the name to Francesco's a couple years ago. Still the same owner and the food is still decent... not sure I would go as far as "great" but I've never had a bad meal there.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '17

what about Olive Garden?

scottso scottso
Sep '17

Ianimal, I goofed. I meant Italy Restaurant off of rt22 , across the way from the Hillcrest Plaza, off of Roseberry St.

Sep '17

I believe that site is now a bank, Mansfield mama. The restaurant moved to StrykersRoad in Lopatcong.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '17

Not a bank yet, construction is still going on there. We ate there once and thought it was pretty crappy. So I thought they went out of business, didn't know they moved.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I had the veal parm tonight. Let me just tell you it was awsome. Was the best sandwich ever. I did not have to work at chewing it. Will be going back.

Jillv Jillv
Sep '17

I went there tonight and the pizza excellent, the place was clean and everyone was pleasant and nice. We need a nice pizza place in Hackettstown.

Mary R Mary R
Sep '17

Joe Leone's is excellent. They catered my daughters wedding reception. Unfortunately we had the reception in Brick, Joe Leones is in Point Pleasant boro. If you to the shore make sure you stop.

https://www.joeleones.com/

thehazguy thehazguy
Sep '17

Went in tonight and I thought the pizza was very good. Welcome to the neighborhood! Looking forward to trying their "parm" sandwiches... Praise be if they can make a flavorful and crispy eggplant parm! ;)

weebiekins weebiekins
Sep '17

Thanks for the tip about Joe Leone's. That place looks fantastic -- what pictures!!!

happiest girl
Sep '17

Good luck to Davila's !!! Some of the people on here need to get a LIFE!!! You know who you are !! Enjoy your Pizza

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Sep '17

Joe Leone's has great food, a little pricy but we'll worth it.

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '17

Thank you to everyone that have given us a try this past week!! We are so grateful for all the great reviews!! We look forward to serving good food to this community for a while!! Please join us for our grand opening this Friday September 22!! We will be having plain slice for a $1.00!! And please let us know anything we can do to improve our business!! Thank you all!!

Davila's pizza Davila's pizza
Sep '17

Love it! Blows Frank's and Mama's out of the ballpark. Give them time for crying out loud. And this is coming from one of the best Italian cooks in the state.

Mokie Mokie
Sep '17

Good to know that the Italy Restaurant moved. Been out of the area for quite a while. Thanks for the update.

Sep '17

Someone here said there is only one table at Davila's?? Is that really true?

happiest girl
Sep '17

Mickey :

Do you have anything nice to say about Hackettstown? Why did you move here anyway?

Longtime Townie
Sep '17

No @happiestgirl there are 6 or 7 with 4 seats each or so. It is a small place, but you're not squeezing or tripping over yourself like a Mezza

weebiekins weebiekins
Sep '17

Thanks weebiekins.
Apparently nobody should take anything *ThaiMaster18* the bull$hit artist says as credible. Maybe he works at another pizza store.
lol
I am looking forward to trying Davila's !!!

happiest girl
Sep '17

http://wrnjradio.com/programming/2017/the-man-behind-davilas-pizzeria-and-restaurant/

Lifer
Sep '17

Next person in the restaurant please take a picture. Its basically a take out restaurant, I saw one table.

6 -7 tables??? Please, is this a joke?

Maybe the actual restaurant would like to comment?

Sep '17

I have been in there twice there are at least 5 tables.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

For those asking for their menu, it's up on the BID website

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_MDnOKhWFu7Q2lTUklucXdheGM/view

And yes there is more than 1 table to sit at, to say that there's only one is ridiculous

Jim L. Jim L.
Sep '17

Is my vision going, or is there no pizza listed on the menu?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I noticed that too calico I'll reach out to the BID to see the last page of their menu for cut off

Jim L Jim L
Sep '17

Tried Davila’s last night and was very pleased with what we ordered. Pizza was very good and will definitely be back. Looking forward to trying one of their entrees. There are probably 5 or 6 tables, maybe more. They have a great location for a pizzeria in town. I wish them all the luck in the world on their new venture.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '17

This is the actual restaurant and we do have about 6 tables in there! Yes it is smaller but there's room for people to sit. There not sitting on top of each other. Also the menu has 8 pages so the BID missed 2 pages when they put it up including the pizza page. Please come down and try us out!! Tomorrow is $1 plain slices for the grand opening!! Thank you again for all the positive feedback!!

Sep '17

I'm going to make it a point of stopping in tomorrow. Welcome and good luck!

Just curious if there is a limit on how many $1 slices someone could get? And what are the hours of the promotion? Would love to try it as we have been seriously lacking good pizza in the area!

My wife and I plan to come by tomorrow night after work for $1 slices. Thanks again and good luck!

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Sep '17

I can't wait to try it! I'm looking forward to trying the chicken parm pizza!

Njchia Njchia
Sep '17

Anyone have a phone number

stephen stephen
Sep '17

908-850-9500

Molly
Sep '17

Does their pizza or food contain a lot of garlic. Just wondering some people cannot have a lot or any garlic. And there are couple places around here that use too much garlic in their sauces

Hockey mom Hockey mom
Sep '17

Thank you Molly

stephen stephen
Sep '17

"too much garlic"? I didn't think such a thing was even possible.

But seriously, if someone has a garlic sensitivity, they should probably stay away from commercial Italian food altogether.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '17

Ha you beat me to that statement, Ianimal! Too much garlic. That doesn't even roll off the tongue well. LOL

See ya at the garlic fest!
lol

Seriously, Hockey mom, I did not taste any presence of garlic in the plain pizza slices I had today.
The pizza is very good -- a lot like the slices in NYC.

To verify ThaiMaster18's vision problem, there were 5 tables on my side of the room at Davila's. I couldn't see how many on the other side. There were also tables outside.
Servers were very nice.

Stopped at that new cafe next to James on Main on the way home. Wow, some really nice looking stuff in there. Brought home some pastries to try tonite. The 2 lovely ladies working there also told us all the things they make for vegetarians.

happiest girl
Sep '17

Just ordered a late lunch now. I'm sitting on the bench outside waiting for it to be done. For the record there are six tables inside and two outside. There is also a bench for take out orders inside.

Apparently ThaiMaster had the same vision problem that happiest girl has... she couldn't see the ONE table on HIS side of the room and he couldn't see the FIVE tables on HER side of the room (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '17

Ha-ha, good one ianimal.
Actually, at the table I was sitting at by the window, the entrance area and wall blocks the view of that single table on the left.
lol

happiest girl
Sep '17

Re: Davila's Pizza & Restaurant

The plain slices I had were excellent. The folks are very nice as well. It is a great addition to Main Street.

A big plus was they had VIP parking for me! LOL.

Nice ride! What beautiful weather to be on a bike today, too.

Looking forward to trying out the new place.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '17

The Official Grand Opening just happened!! Welcome to Hackettstown Davila's!

hktwnBID hktwnBID
Sep '17

We got pizza there today and it was delicious!!!!

Michael J Michael J
Sep '17

Anyone know the phone number or website?

had my slice today,could this best the best pizza in Hackettstown.

Garlic is great...

Can someone please post a pic of the plain pizza?

Sean - The phone number is posted further up in this thread. No website info yet.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I was in today and they're were tables set up. When i came in last Tuesday there weren't.

I was wrong, they just didn't have them set up yet. Also, the Pizza was surprisingly good and i will be back!

My sincerest apologies, on the surface I was quick to judge.

Sep '17

Here you are Calico- I enjoyed two slices there and brought two home to eat, cold later. I often get plain slices cold but this had just come out of the oven.

It was a bit dicey getting the box home on the bike...! LOL

My family and I stopped in tonight to get our $1 slices (ended up ordering a whole pie) and I was so glad to see it was quite busy.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

Thanks Greg. That must have been a sight, pizza on a bike. The pie looks good. We will be in town next Friday, my friend's band is playing at Bea's from 6-10 to kick off the Octoberfest. I would rather try this pizza than eat at Bea's. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Stopped by with my 3 year old daughter, the sign said limit 2 $1 slices per person so I purchased 4. They charged me full price for 2 of the slices. I guess they didn't consider my daughter a person. Wasn't worth arguing with them.

Gianni Gianni
Sep '17

@ Gianni I'm so sorry about the confusion with your slices tonight. Next time you come in we will honor the price for you. Thank you to everyone that came in today for our grand opening it was better then we could have ever expected!! We're so lucky to be located in such a great town with such great people!! For those of you asking this is what a fresh plain pie out of the oven looks like!!

Sep '17

I hope there were no injuries and not too much damage (to either establishment). Just saw this.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '17

Oh no! Flames showing is not a good thing.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Not good. Please update when you can.

Sep '17

Gianni, could be 2 per person order. Otherwise, someone comes in and orders 10 slices and says its for me and 4 others. If you want the discount separate orders, but if you have a child with you then I guess you just point it out first?

Anyway, hopefully the businesses are ok.

It was under control and extinguished within 10 minutes.

Zuma
Sep '17

When flames hit your eye while you eat pizza pie
That's amore
When there's smoke while you dine and you still do not whine
That's amore
Fire bells ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "One More Slice Please"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella

I think BID should dedicate two parking spots pizza-reserved 5pm to closing for take out!

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Sep '17

The BID has no power over parking lots.

Sport
Sep '17

Thaimaster18, it was big of you to realize your mistake and apologize. There is so much negativity on this site; it is refreshing to see someone take some ownership. Kudos.

Nicholas
Sep '17

Strangerdanger: you are cool and how old are you to remember this tune?

Bernie Bernie
Sep '17

Best Italian food in town bar none. Nice portions and the owner know's his stuff. It's going to be a hotspot in town. Best pasta fagioli I've ever had and that's saying something. Excellent food so far... keep it up!

Mokie Mokie
Sep '17

We had pepperoni, plain, buffalo chicken and bacon chicken ranch pizza and it was GOOD.

Njchia Njchia
Sep '17

We went last night and it was delicious - love the pizza crust!
I hope they didn't have any damage from the fire last night!

Spence Spence
Sep '17

I hope they will have excellent eggplant parmesian. The former Cliffdale Inn on rt.57 made it properly and it was sooo good --- it was constructed in individual metal serving dishes and *baked* and brought to you in the metal dish , with cheese oozing out over the top of the dish, bubbling and nicely browned. Most places take the short-cut and just put the eggplant on a dish and top with sauce & cheese and melt it...... I guess in a microwave. Just not the same.........

happiest girl
Sep '17

happiest - my Calabrese grandmother, came to the US at 35 years old, taught me to make eggplant parm. No restaurant makes it better than her/me ever IMO.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

calico -- very interested to know your method. My mother made eggplant parm that has yet to be matched in my opinion. We are not Italian - but she was taught many recipes from Italian neighbors.
She sliced it thick (about 1/2 inch thick) and only dredged in water or milk, then flour. No egg, no breadcrumbs. After frying, then into the pan with sauce & cheese and baked. Absolutely amazing.
She also makes amazing mac & cheese (red-sauced based, also taught from the neighbors ...)

happiest girl
Sep '17

About time for good pizza joint in Hackettstown.
My crystal ball tells me they're going to be feeding many at the local breweries!
Match made in Heaven?
Gonna give them a sample today!

Stymie Stymie
Sep '17

Where on Main St is this located?

Hopeful Hopeful
Sep '17

Hopeful- right next to stella gs! Where meza house used to be

Happy214 Happy214
Sep '17

Thanks Happy214. I'm happy to see a pizza place on Main Street that I can walk to.

Hopeful Hopeful
Sep '17

We got a chicken parm pie from Davilas yesterday. Very good! The crust is pretty similar to everyone else around town, standard NY style thin crust. Loved that the bottom was nicely brown and no burnt patches. Sometimes some other places make me wonder how often then clean the ovens.

Topping was very good. We will go back again.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '17

Disappointed.
Pizza better than Frank's ( big deal) but not as good as Sonny's.
Sub- good bread, but skimpy on the filling.
My optimism fades......

Stymie Stymie
Sep '17

"The crust is pretty similar to everyone else around town, standard NY style thin crust."

Where is this thin crust all around town? Almost every pizza joint I have tried in H'town and Warren Co. is thick and doughy. This is the reason why I always ask for it to be well done. That way it's not like chewing on bubble gum.

"Pizza better than Frank's ( big deal) but not as good as Sonny's."

Yikes!

We are going to give it a try this week. Will review here after.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Just for context, has anyone here been to the following pizza joints in the country?:

Papa's - Robbinsville, NJ
Delorenzos - Robbinsville, NJ
Pepes' - multi CT locations
Sally's - New Haven, CT
Cambiotti Pizza (Landing, NJ)
Reservoir Tavern (Boonton, NJ)

Now, these are special places, get there and you will know what I mean about so many pizza places doing the same thing a tiny bit different, but not a game changer.

Sep '17

Reservoir often , but not lately.
Best I've ever had is the original "UMBERTO'S" on Long Island.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '17

Pepe's, yes. The original and the one at Mohegan Sun. My husband has also been to Sally's.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '17

Anyone try pizza at Dominick's on Clinton Street in Newton? Pizza is very good!

happiest girl
Sep '17

"We are going to give it a try this week. Will review here after."

Please post pics. As they say, if you don't have pics, it didn't happen. :-)

Seriously though, I need pics. Even on Yelp and Trip Advisor, a picture tells a lot about the food quality.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '17

emaxx - I have a dumb phone. Pics don't work out that well. There were a couple pics posted earlier in the thread.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I am wondering how Davila slices their pies. When I got 2 slices they were both large --- like NYC slices. The picture Davila posted seems to have the pie cut in 6 slices. But the 2 slices in the picture posted by Greg seem much smaller -- like the pie was cut in 8 slices. One thing I hate is getting a chintzy slice.
Maybe Davila can answer if they slice the pies differently for eating in, as opposed to take-out?

happiest girl
Sep '17

I stopped in today. They are just another pig in the pen - typical pizza for this area. Nothing special, and certainly not thin crust.

What a surprise
Sep '17

happiest - I thought he same thing when I first saw the pic from Davila's, then I realized that whomever is in the pic still has the cutter in his hand and looks like he hasn't finished cutting it.

What a surprise - So it's not thin? Why is everyone saying it's thin then. Confused....

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Not a fan of Pepe's unless you like burnt hard crust. I did like Sally's and Modern Apizza better.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Sep '17

calico --- if you look at the size of the 2 slices in Davila's picture already cut -- it seems obvious that there will be 6 slices. At least that is what I see. The portion of each 1/2 pie remaining is 2 more of what was already cut..... not 3 more, at least to my eye.

happiest girl
Sep '17

Can someone bring a tape measure the next time they go and report back the width of the large pie. A true pie should be 16". If it's 15.5" forget it I'm not going. Also how many cubes of ice do they put in the soda. Shouldn't be more than 4.

"Eye roll"

Jim L Jim L
Sep '17

Jim L-

Never heard of a *true pie* and the size of it being 16".
Do the chef's actually measure the dimensions?

"Eye roll" (to match Jim L's "eye roll")

By the way, mama's pizza is so large it crawls up the sides of the box and they have to tape it closed!!

Must be 18"- 20" inches.

If you didn't know, you can request *no* ice to *how much* ice you like in your drink.
Everywhere I've been --- even movie theatres.

happiest girl
Sep '17

Way to miss the joke as alway

Jim L Jim L
Sep '17

"eye roll"

happiest girl
Sep '17

Burn the crust? .... may as well throw it away. Browned, is Ok.
Nothing worse than burnt garlic; burnt bread / flour / crust, and especially
burnt Tomato sauce / gravy.

There are a lot of variables, that can make or break a good pizza.
The moisture of the dough is the #1 factor. Then, the oven type, and temperature, has
an effect on how the pizza will come out.

Sometimes, the amount of the tomatoes / sauce on a pizza, will have an effect.
Too much sauce placed in the center of the dough crust, will make a soggy droopy
center crust.
I can go on and on, and there are many ways to make or break a good pizza.

Can't wait to try Davila's Pizza..... "I'm hoping it comes close to "Star Pizza" in Orange.

Embryodad Embryodad
Sep '17

@happiestgirl we make bigger pies when we sell slices individually. But when people order a whole large pie they get a 16 inch pie cut in 8 slices. We also sell a medium pie which is 14 inches and cut into 6 slices. Then we have a personal pie that is 10 inches. Hopefully that answers your questions. This is picture of a Medium Tortellini Alfredo pie.

Sep '17

Thank you for clarifying that, Davila's.
So I was correct that your slices are bigger when sold as individual slices.
Calico -- now we know!

happiest girl
Sep '17

Calico- I guess I have a different definition of thin crust. I was spoiled in my youth - raised eating only pizza from the original Scioritino’s in Perth Amboy.

What a surprise
Sep '17

What a surprise - I've never been to Scioitino's, I can't comment but will Google it. Thin to me is what you get at Star Tavern in Orange. I've never had any pizza in this area that I have considered thin yet. We will be trying Davila's tomorrow.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I tried it earlier in the week. I thought it was pretty good, certainly may be the best we have in Hackettstown but that isn't saying much given the competition. Although people do get pretty worked up at what they feel is the best. I liked the crust, I thought the sauce was the most flavorful of the pizza's I've experienced around. My wife thought it had too much cheese. For me it would easily be my go to in town.

Mickey Mickey
Sep '17

Too much cheese? What is that? ;)

Tracy Tracy
Sep '17

I was there last night with my wife, children and grandchildren. Everyone loved what they ordered... from pannini and wraps to penne with vodka sauce, to pizza and calzone. Fresh quality food prepared well and good size portions. Friendly attentive staff. Reasonable prices. We all thought that Davila's was much better than average (it may look like a typical pizza joint but don't let that stop you from going). We will all be back.
BTW, my standard for thin crust is Star Tavern in Orange... Davila's is not that thin but it is much thinner than most, and very light.

Pretty tasty ! Sonny's on 517 is still the best in warren county !!

Violet Rae Violet Rae
Sep '17

Toppings are fantastic and varied. But the crust is still too thick for my taste. Closer to Hackettstown mediocre than Bayonne style super thin which I crave. I don't understand why people do not make this. It just takes a little bit more work stretching the dough thinner, which if it is properly made and proofed, will not tear. Easy enough even for me.

DannyC DannyC
Sep '17

Tried this place last night and it was excellent! The barbecue chicken pizza was the best I've ever had.

Weatherbuff
Sep '17

"The barbecue chicken pizza was the best I've ever had."

This is such a pet peeve of mine. Barbecued chicken does not belong on pizza!!!!! Uggh! LOL

Glad you enjoyed it. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Where is the rest of the menu that lists types of pizza, rolls etc? The one on BID does mot have pizza

Htown Htown
Sep '17

Lol Calico....even worse is when I see ziti on top of pizza. Almost makes me want to gag...,yuck!

JRT - Anything besides traditional toppings is such a violation! LOL

Htown - Davila's stated above that there are 8 pages to their menu and the BID only uploaded 6 pages.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

We went to Davila's tonight and it was just ok. We ordered personal pizzas. I had plain and hubby had sausage. There was nothing bad about it, but nothing remarkable either. I doubt we will be back, nothing worth driving the H'town for. Disappointed. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

just had the mushroom and onion pizza,great crust and very fresh tasting.

Calico696 - I make Bayonne style super thin crust pizza, exclusively with the following toppings: sausage, pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, anchovies. All toppings are pre-roasted until they taste the best. I do this for me, but I'll share it with you and your hubby. (a whole 18" wide super thin pie with 2 to 4 toppings). Think you're gonna love it

DannyC DannyC
Sep '17

When is the date for all the food sharing, Danny? It all sounds yummy... And where? We've heard about your fabulous cooking and recipes - and your willingness to share - so we're ready and hungry

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '17

4catmom - Tied up with my daughter and grandsons until Wednesday, 10/4/2017, but after that I'm free. May I suggest super thin chicken cutlets parmesan and home made fettuccini? Maybe a few meatballs and some home made sausage on the side? I like simple salad with lettuce, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives. Free home delivery.

DannyC DannyC
Sep '17

Football Sunday Specials at Davila's

Two Large Plain Pies & House Salad for $24.95

Follow us on Facebook @ Davila's Hackettstown

Oct '17

Follow this link to access the updated menu, which includes the missing "Pizza" page. http://hackettstownbid.com/restaurants/davilas-pizzeria-restaurant/

hktwnBID hktwnBID
Oct '17

4catmom - I am now free from my responsibilities to my daughter and grandsons. Are you still "ready and hungry", and if so, what would you like?

DannyC DannyC
Oct '17

thinking about it, Danny

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Had a pizza from there last night. Thought it was very good - seemed to have more sauce than others around here. Definite will add this to the rotation for Italian food.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '17

We tried one large pie and one Sicilian last night. Two of us enjoyed it and two of us did not care for it. We will try other items on the menu and will support this business since we want Hackettstown to thrive and not be full of vacant storefronts.

Jules Jules
Oct '17

Had the pizza on two other occasions, and I can say I won't go back. It's all about the crust and the last couple of times a flat tasteless crust. Almost like there isn't enough proof time on the dough.

The search continues for good pizza in Hackettstown.

Mickey Mickey
Oct '17

I've eaten there twice this week...once had a salad with chicken and tonight had a slice of pizza and a salad. Very good! We will be back! It's great to have a good pizza place right on Main Street.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Oct '17

I was so hoping for a good pizza place!! Very disappointing.

Lala1313 Lala1313
Oct '17

Anyone living in or around Panther Valley. I recommend Terranova pizza. Never dissapointed in their plain pie. Also if you want to travel to Long Valley. Pezzo is amazing also as well as Cornstone.

frenchiesmom frenchiesmom
Oct '17

The thin crust pizza is great, you have so many choices to choose from, everyone has there favorite, maybe some of them sound bazar, but try it, you may like it instead of the standard variety, the BBQ chicken one was great

easy going guy
Oct '17

The Man and I found the pizza to be okay, nothing special. Wasn’t all that impressed with the sauce. Thought it had a strange taste, actually. Generally not a fan of thin crust. We both like a little more “meat” to a pie but we figured we’d give this new place a try. Will continue to get our pizzas from Frank’s up by the old A&P.

AtLeastITried AtLeastITried
Oct '17

We ordered tonight for the 2nd time, and we have been very pleased. The Chef's Salad was filled with lots of meat and cheese, as well as very fresh vegetables and hard boiled eggs. The alfredo sauce is among the best we've had, and a variety of sandwiches were delicious. Pizza is a very personal thing....what some love, others will hate. We liked it better than most in town. What I like most about Davila's, though, is that the people behind the counter are friendly. I've had two big orders and someone came around to hold the door both times. A pizzeria on a Friday night is a busy place, and the workers were still calm and cordial....to customers and one another. Good luck to the new business.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Oct '17

Went there tonight and it was phenomenal! Had the Italian wedding soup: homemade and YUMMY
Baked Gnocchi: perfection and the meatballs: balls of yummy goodness!

So glad to have a great place for Italian Food right up the street.

Next time.................... Grilled Chicken Caeser Salad Pizza!!!! I have been waiting for someone to make it :)

Sapphirebluz4u Sapphirebluz4u
Oct '17

We enjoyed both the salads and the sandwiches.
Of course there is more than one table!
Will go back again.
Keep it simple and easy and tasty!
Best of luck .
Keep Main Street alive!

Jule Ann Turner Jule Ann Turner
Oct '17

I wish this place well, because last thing we need to see is another closed down store front, however, there is nothing special about this pizza. Also, let’s please refrain from calling this place an Italian restaurant, it’s a pizza place. Nothing more, nothing less. Being a pizza place is fine too. However, after a few visits, I can’t say I’d go back.
Oh, before people start with this being a restaurant, a pizza a place with a few tables does not equal restaurant. Italian cuisine (not pizza place food) is rather refined, it is not sausage and peppers at a place that puts pasta on a crust. Sorry! I find it unfortunate that many people do not know what real Italian food is.

Rmmjs Rmmjs
Oct '17

Tried the pizza from here last night. Just a plain pie. Not bad, but not good either. The sauce and crust were very bland and a little too chewy. Like I said, not bad it's just kinda there. Nothing to make me want to go back for pizza. I'll stick with Gabby's.

ASfromBklyn ASfromBklyn
Oct '17

Had a plan pie yesterday for lunch. Sauce was good, not high on garlic but reasonable oregano and seasonings. Crust was OK and it held up to the "drooping tip" test. Thin but not extra thin. I'll be back to try some toppings and maybe a sandwich or two.

Looked like Sunny Days was quite happy with their delivery. ;-)

hello to everyone first I would like to introduce my self my name is Michael Davila I am the general manager of Davila's Pizza and Reataurant then I go to the next I wanted to thank everyone for their good wishes and for their support I am very grateful to have such good clients , with this statement I wanted to put the word out of our specials now 2 large plain pizzas with a 2 liters of soda for only $ 19.95 pick up only,also on Tuesdays we have pasta night for only $ 9.95 pasta limited for more information contact us at 908-850-9500.

Michael Davila Michael Davila
Oct '17

Just because it isn't a sit down luxurious restaurant, doesn't mean they make bad pizza. Anyone from the Dover area can contest to that as M&S pizza on R 46 has been there since the 1970's and still going strong. Small, no bathroom, 4 people built in seating tables, maybe around 6-8 tables and looks like a hole in the wall. But wouldn't trade it for the world. this is Hackettstown, be proud of your community.
Hackettstown Strong!

M&S pizza is soooooooo good!

Itiswhatitis
Oct '17

The Grandma's pie @Pezzo Pizza II in Long Valley is fabulous! It's more like a thin crust margarita but they will make it any way you want. The crust is fantastic!

I've been to davilas many times it's always been great. Ya that sounds like something a person shilling for their own would say. I don't like Nona pies but that looks good. Try to troll better.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jan '18

Yesimpc, it’s you who are trolling—and badly,might I add.

Yawn.

WomanUpSon WomanUpSon
Jan '18

Yup totally work there. Not just saying the obvious. Thanks womanupson you fixed my disability and got me a job! Honestly why not start a new thread bout the pizza they ate at pezzo instead of reviving a 3 month old thread?

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.