Indian Restaurants

I am looking for good Indian restaurants within 20 mi. of Hackettstown. I have checked past threads but they are quite old.
We especially like hot and spicy.

The Man The Man
Apr '17

This authentic Indian restaurant is 29.5 miles from Hackettstown but well worth the drive via 80 to Parsippany . I shot and edited this video of Tandoori Flames for YELP a few months ago but as an unbiased lover of Indian Restaurants...and that culture in general...I highly recommend it! They can tailor the spice factor to your liking.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tandoori-flames-parsippany

H'Town Cameraman H'Town Cameraman
Apr '17

Taste of India on rt206 in Flanders. Good stuff.

LJRubi LJRubi
Apr '17

Clove in Lopatcong.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

Taste of India gets my vote!

Have the Taste of India fans have tried Clove? Just curious.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

I really like a Taste of India; the buffet isn't always quite as spicy as I'd like it, but you can order off of the menu and they will adjust to your taste. Wonderful food and a great staff.

If you are ever down near Piscataway, and you don't mind vegetarian fare, Chand Palace is AMAZING, and their buffet is pretty spicy!

Note: I've tried Clay Pot in Ledgewood and was NOT impressed. Not bad, but not great. So-so.

GetOverYerself GetOverYerself
Apr '17

I am not the best person to judge Indian food, but colleagues from India really like Cinnamon on Rt 10. http://cinnamonindianrestaurant.com/

hktownie hktownie
Apr '17

Chand Palace on Rt 202 in Parsippany is worth the extra five minutes' drive, as is Saffron on Rt 10 in East Hanover.

Matt D Matt D
Apr '17

hktownie, I always wondered about Cinnamon; if people from India enjoy it, that says a lot. That's why I like the Chand Palace in Piscataway; most of the time, when we go in there, we are the only non-Indian people!

GetOverYerself GetOverYerself
Apr '17

Taste of India is very good. Clay Pot used to be quite good years ago, but these days Taste of India beats them.

I also vote Taste of India! So good :)

It's not "Clay Pot" but The Clay Oven.

I love Cinnamon, it's not that far down Route 10 from my office. Taste of India is quite good, but I don't think it's as stellar as some have raved about. Chand Palace is king of the veg.

I just don't get down that way often to try Clove. If it is the same people that had the place called "Cloves" in the trade center, I really want to go back to that. They did regional specialties, not just the usual same old standby's. And if you wanted that hot & spicy you certainly got it. So if Clove is the like the Cloves I went to in the past, then it's going to be better than Taste of India.

For just a few miles past Chand Palace (which is just a touch over the 20 mi mark) try Mirchi in Parsippany on Route 46. I've been to their Edison location and it's dynamite. It's home style Southern Indian food, not Northern. They make some knock out food and they kick some serious heat butt. ;-) They have some Hyderabadi biryani that will knock your socks off. Try the goat chettinad.

Clove is not the same people as the Cloves in the ITC. I've been to the Phillipsburg location twice and their sister site in Allentown.

I like Taste of India and Clove equally as they are fairly similar. Clove has white meat in their butter chicken by default so that's a plus. I prefer them to Cinnamon (although I thought Cinnamon was good.) Nothing beats the old Mogul in Morristown but that's just me.

If you like spicy, give Clove a try. We got our order medium and holy h*ll! We eat homemade habanero puree so we can take the heat and that medium spicy biryani had us sweating!

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '17

I'd like to try Tandoori Flames. Emaxxwife and I stopped by the grocery store there recently and it smelled fantastic outside.

..oh, and the gosi lamb chops at Cloves in the ITC were awesome. Was a favorite dish of mine there. I'm with GC on that...they offered dishes that no one else did.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '17

We LOVE Taste of India!!! Rte 206 in Flanders... Awesome food... Awesome service... Always consistent and delicious!

Thinking of Spring Thinking of Spring
Apr '17

Clay Oven yes, after their first fire they returned with less spicy food and smaller portions; they have never returned to their original offering. 10 years ago I rated Clay Oven quite high, no longer but still decent food. But, with Taste of India so close by it makes it difficult to return (I have not been there for years but used to go quite often 7-10 years back).

I am an Indian and I would say below ones are the best.

Taste of India
Cinnamon (best from almost 10 years)
Mirchi (both Edison and Parsippany locations)
Chand Palace (Has big Indian store 'Subzi Mandi' right next door)

Most of the buffets will be mildly spiced to please everyone. But its good to try many items for one low price especially if you are starting to try Indian dishes.

If you want spicy stuff, always order it from menu and tell them the level of spice you would like. Dishes with cream are mostly mildly sweet.

If you would like to try different Indian cuisines (north, south, Punjabi, Gujarati etc) try to goto Edison/Iselin in NJ. Some restaurents are 24 hrs and serve different types of Biriyanis (chicken, lamb etc) for very reasonable price.

Let me know if you need any more indo. I would be happy to help.

Ok so all this talk of Indian food got us going! Went to Taste of India last night and as usual... it was perfect! The staff goes above and beyond and the food is addictive! We are vegetarian and always leave full, satisfied and with half of our meal in a "doggy bag" for the next day. Although the doggy's never see it! LOL... Give it a try... it won't disappoint!

Thinking of Spring Thinking of Spring
Apr '17

Hello
This is vineet from Taste of India thank you so much for all this positive talk about us. It's is really appreciated. Thank you. Please join us Tuesday Sunday for lunch or dinner.

vineet kumar vineet kumar
Apr '17

We went to the Taste of India for the buffet a few days ago it was our first time there but we will be repeat visitors.

The Man The Man
Apr '17

Café India in Morristown on Washington Street is my favorite.

Wendy Wendy
Apr '17

Does Taste of India have a fairly equal amount of vegetarian & non-vegetarian things on their buffet?

happiest girl
Apr '17

Yes they do

The Man The Man
Apr '17

I liked Indian Aroma in Rockaway
http://www.indianaromarestaurant.com

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.