Fall/Winter Pet Photos 2016/2017

Fall/Winter Pet Photos 2016/2017

So the humanz is too lazy to start this, yet they complain all the TIME...

We kats gotz HackCATStown LIfe

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/365221

and our very own FaceBook

https://www.facebook.com/HackCATStown-136330880038312/

So whats all those naughty dogs gotz??? Well here you go. Maybe we can see some tasty wabbits too!!!

Sigh, now back to my real job. Snoozin'.

Sugar Sugar
Sep '16

Re: Fall/Winter Pet Photos 2016/2017

Thank you, Sugarpie!
How many animals can you spot in the bunny room?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '16

The gang has felt very neglected - enough with the bunnies - enough with Sugar and Spice - WE ARE Here

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '16

That's a "bunny room"??? I think that's kind of a stretch.....

I'd say that's 3kittyroom - with one rotten tomato and a tasty wabbit in it. Does I getz prize for that? Like a 3 month stay in Siberia...for the canine.

Back to kitties, no one should be neglected. Let's all have SNOOZEFEST!! Say goodnight, Gracie.

White Shoes White Shoes
Sep '16

This is an S.O.S. As you can see, I have been trapped by the Drycleaningbagmonster. I require immediate assistance. Please send help. Thank you.

Barny Barny
Sep '16

Resting wienerdog--->

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '16

Oh Barny,
I'm hoping that one of those "fur"mates of yours comes and rescues you.
You are one handsome Kitty.

wbeleno wbeleno
Sep '16

Caught by a bag handle? I hate it when that happens...

HackCATStown Rescue Squad on its way... Either that or just DUCK.

Sugar Sugar
Sep '16

Oh Della, I like the dappled light on you there. Pretty picture.

Sugar - he will require the rescue squad, as it will never occur to him to duck. Barny is not... shall we say... the cleverest cat in the clowder.

And ps yes it really is a bunny room. It was supposed to be my office but as you can clearly see from the photo (toys and rabbit stuff everywhere), it has been taken over. The other animals were just paying a (nosy) visit.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '16

"The girls aren't going to make fun of me, are they dad?"

Stevie getting laser therapy for a rash

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '16

I just wanna keep my butt warm.

White Shoes White Shoes
Oct '16

The last of my babies has grown up....

I searched everywhere, but Grandma Tuna went back home. I miss her. We watch TV together no matter how awful. We take a nap together no matter how much we snore. We keep warm together no matter how cold it is. I miss her.

Sugar Sugar
Oct '16

This one (Isabel) hops up on "her" chair facing the couch and just sits there and looks at me.

Pretty sure she wants to discuss something. Just not sure what that is.

@Stevie - no worries, all the girls think you have a motorcycle.

(Do we all have some adorable pets around here or what? Our pet threads always make me smile.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Rebecka - Your rabbit lives with a bunch of German shepherds and you're not sure what she wants to talk about??? Really?

LMBO!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Boo giving me the stink eye, lol. I just love her so much !

All tucked in.

Visiting the Oxford Library on a nice fall afternoon.

Challah Challah
Oct '16

What a beautiful puppy! Looks so scholarly too ;)

And I think Boo is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen, RAS! She can probably get away with *whatever* she wants with a face like that!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Thanks Rebecka, I think so too! I bet she thinks Isabel is yummy, I mean funny ;) Seriously, I think she would shake her to death. She's really a terror with the cats but they're all bigger than her. But a rabbit I'm guessing would be a goner. I guess no play dates! (I still can't believe a rabbit can jump up on a chair, impressive).

Riley enjoying the day

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

wow Darrin, Riley is a great looking dog!

kepa
Oct '16

Kerrick wasn't a fan of his shark costume.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '16

Hahaha-- eating the costume!! Love it!!

Darrin - does Riley know that he stepped in ----? I mean, boat rides in the summertime and all... I hope he knows he basically hit the doggy lottery!!

@RAS - you'd be surprised. Isabel doesn't put up with anything from anyone. She had a cat who got fresh cowering in a corner! She's a pretty big buns-- 6 lbs. I think Boo would have her paws full. My guess is they'd end up friends... because "Belly" (appropriate nickname) is a rabbit and a half.

How much does Boo weigh, BTW? Look like a little one, like my Iggy RIP.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Boo is about five pounds and full grown. You're right, the rabbits got some weight over her but we have one male cat who weighs 12-13 pounds and she gets him running! But she's so cute we just can't get enough of her. Check this one out- I sent it to a colleague who was out of the office for a while and had the caption "my whole world is upside down without you ". Rebecka do you have a picture of bunny and cat together? That would be cool.

I nominate Boo for new HL mascot.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Yeah Rebecka, he definitaly has it made....but then there are times like this....a wienersnitzel!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

Boo who??

I say SCHNOOZE.............

Sugar Sugar
Nov '16

Thanks for the cute pic Rebecka! Very cool. I once thought of getting a rabbit but I figured I wouldn't be able to train it to use a litter box and I wouldn't want to keep it caged up. I like my pets to be cuddly! Do your rabbits use a box?

Darrin that's adorable but oh so humiliating ;)

And Sugar, come on over and Boo will show you who's who ;) ;)

RAS - I'm just shaking all over in complete fear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lCDQ8j9bE

Sugar Sugar
Nov '16

Oh yeah I can tell by the look on your face, lol !

This is what Riley say's about fear!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

Sugar makes the most amazing sourpuss faces! You crack me up, kitty. And Riley, what exactly were you doing there? Got an ice cream cone or something?

On the left here is my most recent foster (as of last weekend), Marigold. A big rabbit with a bigger attitude who came very close to getting put down, as she bit the ACO who rescued her. Oh, naughty bunny... it's ok, though, I understand you just needed to make sure he knew who was boss. ;-) Not sure who will 'get' her besides me. I kind of asked for/agreed to the most challenging rabbit at the rescue. She may be here a while.
But we're both ok with that.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

@RAS - forgot to answer your question. Yes, rabbits use litter boxes just like kitties. Except their output is not stinky, their litter is lightweight, as it's made from paper, and you also put hay in their box. Much, much easier to take care of than cats as far as boxes are concerned. More complicated in terms of food and more involved in terms of health, though. They are more fragile creatures than either dogs or cats, I would say, and require a certain level of commitment. But oh so worth it.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

God bless you Rebecka, someone's got to do it. Good luck with Marigold. I'm glad she got saved! Keep us posted on her progress.

Love the photos, cheering me up since I have a broken paw (broke my left hand).

Here is our new addition. Our Turkish rescue Golden!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Nov '16

My pups not liking tubby-time.. But they HAVE to be connected at the hip.. Just love these 2. Muddy playtime= scrubbing-in-the-tub-time. Lol

LuLu22 LuLu22
Nov '16

"Doggie tubby-time"!! What a beautiful dream I'm having... [snicker snicker]

Sugar Sugar
Nov '16

Boo just loves to be snuggled into soft blankets. She sleeps under the covers with her doggie heating pad. Aww cutesy wootsy boo boo.

Oh, that face....

Nora-the-cat, strictly indoor-only, slipped out the door when I went to walk the dogs last week. I nearly had a heart attack... but she started to follow Leila down the driveway as the dog started off on our outing.

Now Nora takes walks with the dogs every day, just like a dog. And comes right back in with us. Go figure. Cats continue to surprise me with their unusual behavior.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Rebecka -Wasn't Nora the nearly feral cat that mostly hid 24/7?

Lynnada Lynnada
Nov '16

Rebecca what is the jacket your dog is wearing?

Natari Natari
Nov '16

Rebecka, it has been a while since we have seen these beauties - who are they?

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Nov '16

Lynnada - no, that was Wren, who is still with us and doing beautifully!! (We adopted Wren from P.A.L. because she was a particularly difficult / unsocialized case. She loves it here and is one of our most playful characters. Nora we also got from PAL, though!)

@Natari - it's a harness for me to help Leila get up and down stairs because she's been through a major illness.

@Wendy - dogs pictured here are Marcus and Leila.

And here's a bonus bunny pic. (Isabel.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Rebecka - Right, Wren! I knew it was a female cat and couldn't remember her name. I did remember you saying she was doing much better.

Lynnada Lynnada
Nov '16

Isabel looks adorable. I hope Leila feels better soon. Please give a big hug from me. !

Natari Natari
Nov '16

Here is a Wren update, Lynnada. That's her on the left. Not so unsociable anymore!

Wren taught me that even the most difficult cases at rescues can come around. (That's why I'm now asking for the 'difficult' rabbits.) Sometimes all they need is time and love. <3

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Of course Nora walks the dogs - she's obviously the one in charge...

Boy, ya gotta explain these things to the humanz.

Sugar Sugar
Nov '16

I think I know how Barny feels now. I'm caught by the Shoppingbagmonster but I'm innocent!! I'm innocent I tell you! Send help...

Sugar Sugar
Nov '16

Someone needz help??

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Oh, do rush right out and hurry, hurry, hurry there Barny. You're just the pinnacle of extreme haste...

White Shoes White Shoes
Nov '16

Forget Barny. He's useless. I'm on my way.

- Wren.
- aka Coucoupuff

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Cozying up on a dreary rainy day

A cat, a rabbit and a German Shepherd walked into a living room...

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Isn't it time for another pic of Boo?

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Ha, well now that you mention it...
I have to fess up here, I haven't taken any of these pictures. My pet sitter takes them and she takes great pictures! She loves Boo too (who wouldn't ). And Boo loves her :)

Oops, I forgot the pic...

Avery waits for Santa Paws ...

diesel diesel
Dec '16

Boo has to be one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. Thank you, RAS. His little face must make everyone smile.

And Avery has the right idea... it's time for holiday pet pics! (I don't have any yet. So here's my contribution. Long story.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

You are so right Rebecka, Boo makes everyone smile and want to hold and cuddle her. But, you have to ask her permission first! It's the cutest thing. You say can I pick you up? And if it's okay she gets in the right position and puts her head down and kind looks back at you and stiffens her little body in anticipation. Try to pick her up without permission and she screams like you're killing her!

Is that a possum you've got there? Would love to hear that one! I once saw a possum in the dark. I thought it was dead and had never seen one up close so I ran into the house to get a flashlight. Came back out and..... duh!

Happy THIRTEENTH birthday, Marcus!

@RAS - I got a good laugh out of the story about needing to ask Boo's permission (or at least give her a heads up) about being picked up. Too funny.

(The opossum above is eating food I put out for the elusive feral cat I'm trying to tame/catch. We named him Herbie.)

No one has any more holiday pet pics?!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Wow, lucky Marcus!

Give the birthday Shepherd a hug from me.

Courtney
Dec '16

Fitz wondering what the rescue people who gave him to us were thinking....

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Dec '16

Happy Birthday Marcus - hope you enjoyed your steak.

Fitz, I'm sure the couple of minutes of picture taking was proceeded and followed by loads of love and treats!

love these pictures
thanks for sharing.

wbeleno wbeleno
Dec '16

Too funny, Dogmomma! Fitz is so handsome! Love the holiday decor. And antlers...

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Thanks Rebecka - and a VERY happy birthday to Marcus!!! 13 is just wonderful!!!

Wbeleno, it was! He's been through a lot, so he really seems to take things in stride - wearing antlers while being fed is a lot better than living in a hole in the ground in the forest so I guess he figures "it's nothing".

I was able to get the antler on Gunner for a second before he knocked them off. Fitz is alone in the photo because Gunner kept trying to take them off his brother...

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Dec '16

Omg, how adorable! I've been looking for a little Santa hat for Boo but no luck.

Rebecka, wow a steak? T-bone no less from the looks of it. YUM, that is one lucky dog! Happy birthday Marcus!

Yes, 13 years of love, devotion and protection merits a t-bone. :-) He did have to share his celebration birthday steak with his daughter and grandpuppy, though, much to his dismay.

More holiday pet pics, anyone?? Love this thread...

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Dear Humanz -

Seriously, can we talk? What is this fascination with animal costumes? Antlers and hats and ribbons and bows and shiny metallic spheres that go crash in the night. I like Tunamas as much as any one, but even my Grandma Tuna wants me in a reindeer sweater.

If you see that pet costume, just say no. HackCATStown already says no to hats, and Boo Boo Boo Hoo Boo Hoo Boo Who will be just fine if not turned into an elf. And my sister already put on her white shoes for Tunamas. We're kinda good just the way we are. ;-)

Thanks for listening.

PS. I like T-Bone too. [hint, hint]

Sugar Sugar
Dec '16

Dear Sugar,
If you and your BFF WS post a pic of yourselves dressed up something like this, I will send you a T-Bone. You have my word.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Rebecka - Give the costumes to Boo, they're for dogz. Nice try human.

Sugar Sugar
Dec '16

Sugar, Boo got her hat last night. Now I just need to get it on her whilst keeping my fingers.... Picture to come soon (hopefully).

Boo waiting in the foyer for me to come home...

This is the best j could get of Santa boo boo...

Tres dog, Boo Boo. Tres dog.

But you have yourself just a wonderful Chris Moose just the same. ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
Dec '16

Boo looks like the Grinch's dog Max. Only Boo's hat looks like Max's tied on antler.

And this is what she thought of it.

@RAS, Our 105 lb. German Shepherd had a similar reaction to his Santa hat many years ago, but we failed to capture the moment on film.

Courtney
Dec '16

And the pet sitter comes through again! She was able to get the hat on little Boo boo. Aawww, isn't she so cute.

Love the pics

skippy skippy
Dec '16

Courtney do you still have your German Shepard? They are very cool dogs. Too big for me though - 105lbs, oh lord! Little boo is only the five part, tee hee. I don't even consider her a dog. I've named a new species - she's a dog that looks like a cat... She's a dat!

I think you should completely forget you ever made 'dat' up. ;-)

Time for a snooze after so much Tunamas. When Boo goes nuts over some mackerel and eel guts, I might give it a second thought. But until then - 100% D-O-G.

White Shoes White Shoes
Dec '16

RAS, Boo looks so adorable in her hat!

My German Shepherds (I had two), my Rottie, and my cat are all at the Rainbow Bridge now. I miss them terribly. When the time is right, I'll get a new fur baby, or babies. In the meantime, I enjoy stories and photos of other people's pets and the occasional random wildlife visit.

Courtney
Dec '16

Boo kissing Lambchop, LOL!

Boo and Isabel have the same BFF?! Lambchop gets around!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Too funny Rebecka! She's a new addition ( thank you pet sitter ).

Isabel looks so squeezable. Like when you see a Gund you just can't help but touch it cause it's so soft.

Did someone say lamb chops? Not to mention wabbit? Tasty picture.

Sugar Sugar
Dec '16

Sugar, Shilo wants to know if you'll share your can with her? Pweese? How can you resist her plaintive look and extra long whiskers?

Shilo - I gotz to ask my sister White Shoes cause we share that lamb stew. We don't gotz much of it so it would only be a few bites. But I think we can manage it. It's TASTY.

Use the secret knock when you come over, ignore the humanz, tell them *** nothing ***.

Sugar Sugar
Jan '17

Zzzzzz

Darrin Darrin
Jan '17

Now that's a dog who knows how to relax!

Doing what she does best...

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '17

Darrin, did you help him with the pillows? That is so funny!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '17

Not at all, Riley takes full advantage of what he's got, like a fireplace tonight!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '17

Um speaking of sisters, I gotz one of them too. Her name is Abby. And we gotz a brother named Fluffy....

We can bring some tuna to go with. A party in a can! Lol

We gotz excellent stash from Tunamas with lots of Itty Bitty Pretty Kitty Witty Treats!! We can has paw-tay!!! We start planning for tonight, it's gonna be another fantastic time in HackCATStown.

Sugar Sugar
Jan '17

3-week-old Wampum.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '17

Aww what a cute bunny Rebecka.

Natari Natari
Jan '17

Oh yeah that's s really really cute bun bun!

The newest addition. Cersei, got her from 11th hour rescue in August. She loves snow!

Denis Denis
Jan '17

What a very sweet face :). Just makes you want to grab both sides and mush your face in his. Muwah!

Cersei.... awesome name. And those ears... half up but still floppy - so adorable. Is she part Border Collie? She looks like she has the intense focus of that breed.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '17

I thought border collie lab mix when I got her. I did one of those wisdom dna tests. She is Chow 25%, Boxer 12.5%, Bulldog 12.5%, Shar Pei 12.5%, lab 12.5%, 25% mixed with herding dogs being part of the mix. Officially a mutt. Great disposition, loves everybody. This was the day I picked her up.

Denis Denis
Jan '17

Wampum is so cute, he looks like a cartoon!!!!

Cersei is adorable.... welcome from another 11th Hour Alumni - our Georgie Girl!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Jan '17

She looks like a real sweet dog. 11th hour does great work.

Denis Denis
Jan '17

Beautiful dog, Denis! I'm so glad you rescued her from that horrible looking crate. Mutts are the smartest!

maja2 maja2
Jan '17

I'm feeling down.

Relax and turn on the Boo tube. I swear, with all the sleeping you do you're just like a cat. Cuddle up and watch some repeats of the Kitten Bowl on Animal Planet. You can thank me later. ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
Jan '17

Tee hee, that made me smile. Thanks

RAS - I know antagonizing a dog is a tough job but somehow my cats are willing to give it a try. ;-)

Ha GC! Boo has three already that like to antagonize her. But Abby especially antagonizes her by daring to come into the living room and having a stare down with Boo. Drives her nuts!

I think I'm beginning to understand why Boo seems more cat like. ;-)

Foster rabbit Marigold. Loves to be pet but usually falls asleep within minutes!

Got any more Boo pics, RAS? (I kind of have a crush on your dog in case you haven't noticed.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

But of course Rebecka. Glad to oblige. Here's Boo and her BFF.

Last night we made a fire and Boo went into the bedroom and brought out her green lamb chop and her other favorite toy and placed them in front of the fireplace! She never did that before. She's just too much!

Marigold has very long attentive ears!

(I have to try to post the picture separately as it seems to be too large)

Here she is

Oh that tiny face! Too funny that she wanted her friends to enjoy the fireplace with her too. Thanks for posting. I think I might need to adopt a little doggy...

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Rebecka - "I think I might need to adopt a little doggy..." I would say you need a hobby, but... I would say you need a companion pet, but... A little doggy to go with a half dozen huge doggies, and a half dozen cats, and now an entire warren... I think you need an appointment with your husband instead. Now if you could only get a hold of him between the marathon vaping sessions. ;-)

I wish I had that many animals! Although what once was our living does now rather resemble a small rabbit rescue operation lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

It's sylvester's turn in the new igloo (only 19 buckos at home goods) - 3 out of 4 have enjoyed it........

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

I may be upside down but I can still see you.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

How cute natari! Love the eyes.

Sylvester looks just like my Hobbes who lived to a ripe old age of 23!

Sylvester is a cat I trapped years ago -big ole scairdy cat who is getting much more cuddly- but still can't stand being contained in any way - just a nice cat- wow - 23 --I wish - though he might outlive me if he lives that long --
we have some beautiful and adorable critters on these pages...........always makes me smile

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

I'm sure glad Sylvester has a new Igloo. My grandma Tuna got me this Igloo and it wasn't so new. Daddy said it had fleece in it. Daddy gave Tigger a bath, and Tigger gave daddy a lip ring. ;-)

But now it's safe, so I hide out here sometimes.

Natari - my sister White Shoes does that some times, she thinks she took a trip to Australia. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

Beau & Bailey

All tuckered out.

Beau and Bailey are so adorable!

Thank you RAS!

For you Rebecka .

Boo! You have the right idea this morning. It's yucky out - best to stay under the covers! (Thank you for the morning squeeee, RAS!)

(ps I may soon be able to join you in posting a teeny little face...)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Escarcat or Pipsnail?

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Ha ha ! That's cute! My cats don't like enclosed places. Probably because they were semi wild as kittens. We trapped them on a cold January morning around five years ago. It was like two degrees outside and you just saw these little gray faces in the snow. It took about two years before they were all comfortable with us. Two adjusted more quickly but the last one was a tough nut. Now she's a luv bug!

Can't wait Rebecka!

Pipsqueak was about 6-7 weeks old when I trapped him, his 2 siblings, and then mom - He has been a sweetheart - though now he weighs 25lbs - and he fights with Graciemae

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

25 pounds!!! Wow, that's a lot of cat!

Riley loves the snow like daddy!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '17

I bet Riley sticks his face down in the snow and runs around as fast as he can like he's a snow plow!

I moved Marigold's playpen into the catroom. The cats are bewildered.... little do they know the x-pen is for their protection. (Marigold can be free-range.) I want them to get used to her first before I set her free in here. And I feel bad for the cat who gets the idea to jump in there. She is one bad-a-- bunny.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

lol big bunny

skippy skippy
Feb '17

Send her OUR way...

What doesn't kill you only makes you tastier.

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Show the cats this before they get any ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Lynnada Lynnada
Feb '17

Lynnada - Fake new, fake news.

Besides, I am *ninja* kitty. [yawn, time for bed]

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

Omg funny Lynnada! Yes, that is Marigold! WS just watch the vid.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Rebecka - What's your point? We gotz "The Holy Hand Grenade". That's my sister's WWF handle anyway. ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Ah yes! Of course, the Holy Hand Grenade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Lynnada Lynnada
Feb '17

Bunny don't stand a chance. I gotz "Flying Wildebeest Hold" I learned in the WWF.

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

But I'm the bunny's protection.
-Marcus

ps Happy Valentine's Day everyone. It's also my 13th year anniversary with Daddy! He took me home on Valentine's Day 2004. I had a big red bow on.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Aww you look so handsome Marcus!

Hey Sugar you look like you should be on a cat version of "Girls gone wild" lol

Natari Natari
Feb '17

He's got such a sweet face! Muwah!

Do you see her?

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Go ninja!

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

LOL that's hysterical Rebecka!

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Now, is she hiding out of fear or to sneak up and pounce?

They are now friends! Marigold has decided that cats are pretty fun. The cats have realized that as long as they are nice, they can hang with the bunny... and she has a really sweet "house."

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Sunbathing. In February.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '17

Ninja Rule #1 - Lull your enemy into a false sense of security.
Ninja Rule #2 - Pounce on your enemy and eat them. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

Maybe that IS what Marigold is up to, Sugar!

@3wb - how old is Della now? So sweet...

Everyone say a little prayer to the dog adoption gods. We are bringing home an 8-year-old German Shepherd tomorrow... praying she will mesh with everyone here. Just so hard to call with GSDs.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Prayers ascending for you, Rebecka. Hope the transition is smooth.
Della will be 9 next month.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '17

I thought you were getting a puppy! Best of luck on the new addition- thinking good thoughts for a smooth and successful transition.

Prayers with you all Rebecka!

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Garfunkel.... one of my 7 rodents

He is so cute, Doon! Is Garfunkel a teddy bear hamster? Always nice to see different types of pets here.

@RAS we are! ;-) (He's next month.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Good luck with the adoption Rebecka. GSD are my favorite breed. When I can be in a position to own a dog I will be going that route. I want to adopt an older shepherd. :) Please post photo when possible.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Serena has accepted and been accepted by everyone in our house (note: she came wearing flowers lol). Here is our big boy Marcus next to her. Next test: female GSD next door. We have been warned that Serena has shown aggression towards females, so we will do that very carefully.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Welcome Serena! So happy to hear she is settling in well.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Wearing flowers??? [shake, shake, shake] Wow. How dog can you get??

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Serena is beautiful, Rebecka! Can't wait to meet her!

lovely Rebecka - I love to hear about older dogs being adopted

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Aawww she's beautiful. She looks bigger than Marcus! I'm so glad the introduction went well.

Judging by the picture, Marcus is now officially "hen pecked". ;-)

Serena had never been with cats before, so we had no idea what to expect. We certainly could not have predicted that she would fall head-over-heels for Barny. This is is not a posed photo-- I walked into the cat room a few minutes ago, and this was the scene. She can't stay away from him.

Barny is... confused.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

omg - how fabulous, Rebecka - what a moment

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Barney? Confused? Like how is that different than every other day??

I've heard of dog walkers, but a dog stalker? It's almost like the land of phobia laden pets. If there was only professional help available.

Oh.

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

Dave the cat, making himself comfortable.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

Rofl - Did Dave just eat Thanksgiving Dinner?!

@Sugar - Barny says please get busy and send help.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Hate to say this, but it looks like Dave just ate a family of 4. And now the dance is going on in his stomach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU

Wow Dave, just let it all hang out!

Serena is so cute and Barney is so blasé about his admirer.

Barny - Yyyyyaaaaawwwwww..... I'm working on it. But if you have a love sick GSD with a stalker complex, it sounds like you need a mental health professional. Any idea where I could find one?? ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

"I love him. I can't help it he is just so squishy."
-Serena

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Looks like a match made in heaven. BFF?!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Feb '17

I don't know Spring Fever, I think that's easy to say when you don't have a German Shepherd next to you that's gonna squish you right into the Vet ER. That boy looks like he's one squish away from being a Wile E Coyote accordion.

Personally, I'd say that match is made a bit further south than heaven. And I don't mean Miami...

Too bad the Kattarshians are on again or I'd be right over to help. Hey, there's an idea. Show love sick puppy the Icelandic kitties and maybe she'll fall for one of them instead.

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Good news here:

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Nope. Not paying for crap. But we'd be very happy to help the dogs lock themselves in so they can't get out. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

So Boo wants to know what Beau and Bailey are up to?

And don't forget to dress Beau and Bailey up in hideous doggies costumes. All of HackCATStown is watching!! ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Hi Boo! Bailey and Beau are enjoying the weather on the deck. They even may go to the parade in a few weeks. They won't wear any costumes; they wear them for trick or treat.

So Grandma Tuna emails this morning and says her paper is covering the Kattarshians. She's now keeping up with them too. What I really want for my birthday is one of the little red egg cup chairs. Maybe Sugar could get one too. ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Poor Boo Boo is not feeling well. She's been throwing up but otherwise seems okay.

Did she eat something she shouldn't, RAS? It's always scary, especially with the little ones who can so easily become hypoglycemic. :-(

Meanwhile... our inter-species love story continues. These two are inseparable.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Hard to know because nothing is coming up except a little white foam and some bile.

I love dogs and cats together- they're so adorable.

Bailey & Beau hope Boo feels better.

Rebecka,
I know Barney, but how is his pillow mate?

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Mar '17

That is our new "baby" Serena, Wendy (she'll actually be 9 y.o. in June). She's been here two weeks today! Love her so much.

Sending feel-good vibes to little Boo.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Thanks guys. She just had some boiled chicken and plain rice. So far so good.

One happy boy, post-hike (and pre-bath!)

Davis Davis
Mar '17

A dirty dog is a happy dog!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Rebecka - that is the cutest pic ever

Nosila Nosila
Mar '17

RAS- make up some rice that always seems to help mine

Hoping for speedy recovery

Nosila Nosila
Mar '17

Thanks Nosila. Yup made some rice and she's been okay. Also making sure she is hydrated.

Uh oh. Boo Boo got boo boo? Whoo doo on the mooshu? I wish I had me some chicken and rice... ;-)

Serena is one BIG BIG kitty!! But looks like she can snoozefest with the best of us.

Sugar Sugar
Mar '17

Feeling better!

So Boo Boo doo doo nanu nanu blew new kuzoo?? Who knew? At least now he's new Boo.

Sugar Sugar
Mar '17

When you leave a cup of milk on the coffee table and walk away for 30 seconds...

(So glad little Boo is all better!!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Ha ha ha! That's so funny! And cute. Bad doggie, bad ;)
I used to have a dog that would get his tongue all the way to the bottom of a very tall glass. Boo on the other hand is afraid of glass or ceramic- go figure. She'll only eat or drink off of paper or plastic. She's not very green ;)

That is so strange, RAS. Wonder why. Along the same lines, none of my rabbits will drink out of their plastic hanging bottles - they all finish the glass ones first and only use the plastic bottles as back-ups if they have to. Animals are weird. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Rebecka - Not weird, probably just a Shoprite employee - "Paper or plastic??".

If Boo worked at SR, I'd be there every day lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

It was a *gorgeous* evening for a hike in the woods.

My new baby Serena taking a little break. <3

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.