Al's cleaners?

Does anyone know why they have been closed all week. My husband has been using this dry cleaners for over 2 years. Tried to pick up his shirts and they are closed. No sign on the door. Does anyone have any information? My husband needs his shirts!

Grahamcracker Grahamcracker
Aug '16

I heard they were shut down, not sure if it was taxes or something else.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

try calling them??

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

I had one experience with them. I had a lot to drop off to them. But my young toddler started to be sick, I pulled in started to care for my child, and a young girl ran out yelling at me I couldn't be parked there...NO ONE else was in parking lot....needless to say they would not get my business !

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Aug '16

I called.....No answer voicemail says it is full after many rings.

Tiger Tiger
Aug '16

So... How do people claim their clothing??

Grahamcracker Grahamcracker
Aug '16

did anyone call the H Police?

Joni Moore Joni Moore
Aug '16

Drove by this morning and the place looked empty. I don't know why they closed, I am making an assumption that they are out of business. Could not see if any cleaned clothes were still there. If they won't answer the phone, I would try calling the town. I would imagine they needed some kind of license to operate due to the possible chemicals they might use. They might know what is going on, if not the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs might be helpful. There has to be some method by which customers can get their clothes back. Often times ( just a guess on my part) businesses like this are arranging with their lawyers some type of settlement process and they might post something very soon on the store front. Best of Luck.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Aug '16

I just stopped in this afternoon. I spoke with a fellow who was taking care of the landscaping. He stated that the (new) owner was on a two week vacation and will be returning. It does look like all is still intact on the cleaners side. I knew the place had been for sale for long time, I guess it finally sold. I know a landscape company uses the rear of the property as their yard for the equipment and such now.
It does appear however that the inside is now separated into two separate business spaces. The door to the left that had been the entry to the cleaners seems to be for the "new" space while the door on the right can still service the cleaner. I guess a minor change in the counter layout and they are all set. Perhaps the landscape company will use the new space.

It was previously mentioned it was sold to new owners elsewhere on HL. I had at least one time I used them under new ownership.

You would think if they were going to be closed because they were taking vacation there would be a notice on the door stating so.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

Speaking of cleaners and taxpayers being taken to the cleaners by crooked politicians - I recently saw a car driven by an elderly man with the plate EXSPKR turn into the business right at the beginning of Airport Road before the RR tracks . Was it Chuck Haytaian who once owned a dry cleaning business in Mansfield - the former speaker of the house in NJ who cost taxpayers close to 400k to settle a sexual harassment claim ? The roosters come home to roost , or is that the losers ?

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/27/nyregion/the-high-cost-of-sexual-harassment.html

Martinlee cleaners. Not sure of spelling.

Dsballgame
Apr '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.