Any local open mics? May 2016

Lots of very old internet postings out there.
Are there any open mics within 10 miles of HTN?

How is Mama's open mic? Amatuers and semi-pro?
When is it?

Thanks very much.

Brian Catanzaro Brian Catanzaro
May '16

Open mics are great. They allow you to perform to a crowd. Sometimes small however sometimes they can be big.

Hank Arthur
May '16

panther valley inn on wed nights, hosted by QMB members and/or their derivatives i think

used to be open mics dates up at bar46 sometimes, but sadly looks like they are no longer are being held

haven't been to mamas on Monday yet, but i know that zack as host is doing a good job, (yes, zack , people are giving you great reviews so keep up the good work)

there was a steady schedule of open mic nights up at he inn at millrace pond, not sure if they are still going on or not,

there was a steady monthly schedule of Friday night open mics In Washington, (was that Kathy's Kove? going from memory so please correct me if i am wrong)) now that the weather is getting warmer (well, it's supposed to be getting warmer anyways) that is good place to play outside on the sidewalk on a warm Friday evening. good stuff there.

and yes, agreed, these are good for the area, hope to see more of them at the local places, and not just watering holes

you know what? calico may know of some of these that are still current, and maybe this is a good idea for an HL get-together

btw; open mics are not just for music, they can be for poetry readings, stand up comedy, singing show tunes etc, so bring it if you got it. many of these hosts are quite personable and will help play along with you if you want.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '16

"btw; open mics are not just for music, they can be for poetry readings, stand up comedy, singing show tunes etc, so bring it if you got it..."

Yay... we finally have a venue for the StrangerDanger vs. JeffersonRepub Constitutional "throwdown" (-;

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/733143#t733735

ianimal ianimal
May '16

http://asburycoffeemill.comcastbiz.net/services.shtml

Not sure if you are flexible on the distance, but Asbury Coffee Mill has one this Friday.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '16

ianimal - too funny, man. I cannot wait to hear this throw down of the century, right here in beautiful downtown Hackettstown. So much better than just reading it...on and on and on... Maybe one of them will rhyme their rants, like good rap? ;-)

DannyC DannyC
May '16

The Greeks has a really good open mic on Tuesdays. It's on 206 in Andover. They get a really large turnout most weeks.

The best is here... http://www.godfreydaniels.org/Open-Mike.aspx but it's a drive. Played there many times.

Draught House in Washington Tuesday nights.

http://www.draughthousebar.com/mobile/#events/details/2_6247_635984352000000000

maja2 maja2
May '16

riverside rhythm and rhyme at the skyland unitarian church on Rte 57 in Beattystown.

http://www.mountainledgemusic.com/RRR.html

albaby albaby
May '16

I am inspired by Hank Arthur ,not enough to go to open mic, but enough to start posting more often. I admire his is eloquence and in depth commentary.
I am also inspired by Saint Clement so I will try to combine these two influences whenever I post.

Be not interested in fame, or a good reputation: Ergo Open Mic.~~~St. Clement

Bernie's in Chester on Wednesday nights.

www.bernieshillside.com

ronnieb3 ronnieb3
May '16

Stanhope House on tues nights... it's more of an electric/band thing tho... you can certainly get up there with your acoustic and go solo, but when I've been there it seems to be bands and people jamming with each other. For example, a guy got up with his acoustic, and the "house band" bass player and drummer sat in with him, then halfway through a harp (harmonica) player got up too... there's a guy who works there who plays some of the meanest B3 organ I've ever heard....

Is the Bernie's one still going? Has anyone actually been to one recently?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '16

JR - They still do them. Not sure if they are consistently scheduled though. I was just on their FB page and website, there is a pic posted from a an open mic night back in March.

Off topic....I noticed they are having The Atlanta Cafe Band (blues band out of Allamuchy) this Saturday starting at 8:30. Usually music at Bernie's doesn't start until 10. We don't go very often anymore because of the late start time and the 35-40 minute drive back to Oxford. That said, is anyone interested in meeting up on Saturday? If so, I'll try another live music night thread.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Calico,

I saw that, and the ACB was one of the locals I've been wanting to check out... I'm not sure if I'll be available tho, we have a friend coming up for the day to go to Brook Hollow winery and Lakota Wolf Preserve, with dinner afterwards.... but I might stop in....

It's funny- I'm with you on the late start time of most music, it keeps me from going out to see it as often as I would like.... but in THIS case, on a SATURDAY, with me already having plans, 10pm would be better for me LOL In any event, I might see you there- text me if you guys go, and I'll do the same.

May '16

found this listing on openmics.org, does anyone know if it is still current?

The Pavillion
Open Mike (music, comedy, poetry)
Every Thursday at 7pm
Hosted by Fred Romano & Mike Cramer
44 Sand Shore Road
Budd Lake, NJ
phone: 908-343-3667

openmcs,org still lists an openmic the first friday of every month up at the inn at millrace pond, but i don't think they are doing them anymore. maybe they need to update this 4 year old listing

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '16

The Pavilion is still open? Lol! Is it still a shaker bar?

Going to Bernies for 830 Atlanta Cafe show.. early start makes it much better for the drive from Andover.. and open mic there was awesome

singer too singer too
May '16

The Pavillion Facebook page says they did an open mic in April so it does sound current.

thanks GC; i never even knew that place was there and what does that mean mel? what's a shaker bar? not following you on that one.

more local places should consider holding open mics nights, marley's? bea's? draught house? it would be great to see this,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '16

BD,

Draught House does open mic nights, check their FB page.

I've never heard of the "Panther Valley Inn"??? But the Panther Pub does open mics every week.

May '16

BD - Pavillion is a go-go joint.

If anyone is going to go to the Draught House for the open mic, let me know. I live near there. Maybe we can even get an HL group together.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Pavillion IS or WAS a go-go joint?

May '16

thanks calico, got it now, never knew that place was even there! og-og is go-go spelled backwards; why would a place that features'pole dancers have an open mic? don;t get that one either.

anyways yes, up at the mall at panther valley, the pub there wed nights, good group of young adults who pretty much grew up together and like to play songs, hosted by QMB members and their relatives and friends, good bunch, i like em'

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '16

They might not even have dancers anymore, for all I know. Or they could be like the Wedgewood Inn, that only has dancers on certain days of the week.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Comedy open mic Mondays, starting this Monday at bea McNally, Hackettstown.

No cover, just be funny, or have some laughs.

Anthony Crescenzo Anthony Crescenzo
Jun '17

I heard Zabava Bar 133 is starting open mic night on Friday's soon.

MrsZiggy MrsZiggy
May '18

I believe the Stanhope House has open mic night every Tuesday

Phil D. Phil D.
May '18

American Spirits Roadhouse in Asbury on wednesdays

Panther Pub was (still is?) having them on thursdays

Greeks (Andover/Newton) has them on tuesdays I think

May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.