HHS looking to replace head football Coach Robinson?

I heard through a couple of local parents that the H'town BOE has put out a job opening for the position of head football coach. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Tiger Fan Family
Feb '16

Yes it is true. There is an employment ad for it.

http://www.hackettstown.org/domain/16

It's not top secret. It's posted on the website

Darwin Darwin
Feb '16

Oh boy here we go, was wondering when this would get to Hackettstown gossip, let the games begin...

obewankonobe obewankonobe
Feb '16

excerpt from the Godfather..............Where is Paulie?.........Oh Paulie ..you do not have to worry about him no more

Fat Clemenza Fat Clemenza
Feb '16

Maybe a dumb question, but how does that job work? Is it full-time for the entire school year, or just during football season? Or is it just a part-time position during the season?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Feb '16

It's a stipended position - not full or part time. No benefits. All hours are after school.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

I feel sorry for the next coach,it should be a parent,maybe they could do better! They think they can?I think we all know who the next coach will be! Keep watching,it might shock you !

Any hints to give us?

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

Coaching is not just an after school job, Good coaches also monitor student progress in the classroom and help kids get into colleges. It is important for the head coach to be from within the school or at least the district. Coaching is a year long job that requires time in the weight room with the kids.

waldo waldo
Feb '16

It seems like whoever the coach is for Hackettstown football, people are unhappy with him.

Are there any Hackettstown players in the Big 10 right now? The SEC?

Can't win big things without exceptional players.

That's not a knock on the kids ... they win games, work hard, really compete ... they just don't win enough to satisfy certain people.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Andrew Carbone?

darwin darwin
Feb '16

Andrew's day is coming. He's on his way to a real good head coaching career for sure.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Your still fixing the wrong problem !

I don't even know/care what the problem is. I have no vested in the HS team. at least not for another 6years :)

I just know those who knew Andrew liked him and were sad to see him go elsewhere.

so tell us oh wise one what is the real problem that needs fixing.

darwin darwin
Feb '16

The problems won't get any better. Youth football participation is down 20% nationwide. The scary reality of CTE and other types of injuries are scaring parents away from signing their kids up.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '16

As a former HHS football player who played alongside Andrew Carbone, he would make an excellent choice for head coach. However given the propensity for this town's idiotic parenting, they'll drive him out like they did Villante and Robinson without ever giving him a chance to build a program. Rome was not built in a day.

That being said, HHS's football program will never be great again unless the town begins to embrace it. Low turnout at games leads to low morale. There is nothing around the town during the season indicating support for our local team or anything resembling community spirit. You know why towns like Phillipsburg and Easton are constantly churning out championships in every sport year after year after year? Because their town CARES. Hackettstown football used to have a tradition in winning championships. Then we got complacent, and now it's just "eh, whatever." Knowing Bobby Grauso's connection to Carbone, I hope he will be seriously considered. However given the new a-hole principal of H-town fired Carbone last year, I doubt it. We'll hire some fish from Jefferson and after 5 years of average to above average seasons, we'll do this over again--rinse and repeat. There needs to be a cultural change in Hackettstown when it comes to football if we ever want to win another state title.

Jon Fishman Jon Fishman
Feb '16

As for you LoBo, since this is a mostly anonymous forum and you seem to have the inside info, why not just tell us what you know? No reason to be cute about it.

Jon Fishman Jon Fishman
Feb '16

Andrew Carbone would be a tremendous leader of those young men.

Why do you think Lenape valley snagged him up? I think Don Smolyn has been around enough to recognize a great coach and take him on board.

Jon, I heard all about that situation from certain people and to say how they've handle things especially on one of our own is disgusting.

Was it the a-hole principal or was it the dictator who apparently runs our school system, that I've heard so much about!

Listen if you're going to let a coach go, have a pair to at least tell them why? Instead of addressing the issue(if there was one) we run away and hide behind our positions and people in power. The best leaders, lead from the front the ones we have lead from behind!

Does anyone have a reason why Robinson is going? Doubtful, wasn't like that when my son graduated from hackettstown. It's a different breed of leaders and too many hands in the cookie jar. You want change? It starts from the top and dedication to changing a culture, let the coach do his job and you guys sign the checks until that time, daddy will always run hackettstown sports. This is the reason for lack of success in the program.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Takes time to build a successful culture!

Tigefan1
Feb '16

Still haven't heard that Robinson ws actually relieved of his duties which means they are actually going to interview coaches to see if they can find someone better? No matter what the win/loss record was this is not how you treat your coach. Bad situation happening here. Coaches all keep an eye on what goes on at schools around them and it would be surprising if any coach with a proven track record would even want to come here- knowing that the same thing could happen to them at any time. Everybody on here talks about winning championships and turning things around etc. etc. I have no doubt that carbone may someday be a head coach but right now he has 1 year of high school coaching experience. If the last two coaches didn't do it for you then wouldn't you think that this is a tough task for him?

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Feb '16

What coach would want the job ! Look how the parents treat the coach! Let the parents, coach,they have the answers ! It takes a village! So sad we just keep going backwards!

Citrusfire, agreed that would not be fair to put that on Andrew. He has two years coaching experience, it would be a challenging task for someone like him. That being said no reason why he shouldn't be coaching in district. He teaches at allamuchy so technically he's avaliable to do so. He was a Three sport athlete definitely ashame to not have him around.

The next coach they bring in will get a chance because the hire will be done by the same people that put Robinson job up.

Hackettstown lost six games last year, two to Lenape valley top seed in th section, one to Madison(state champs) Hanover park once (undefeated) and Dover. Change sounds great but remember that takes putting in a new system and starting from scratch, bye bye option football. The kids have to start from square one.

Tigefan1
Feb '16

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he resigned, was not forced out?

allergic allergic
Feb '16

Dover needed to pull off some gadget plays late in the game to get that win. I thought the Tigers played real well that day.

They beat the teams they should have beat, talent wise. There really weren't any games the whole season where you would shake your head and say, 'WOW, that was a surprise."

So, even though I'm not there watching practice everyday (I saw West Morris more than I saw Hackettstown), I find it hard to understand why a coaching search is going on. Coaches usually get better as the years go on.

Tony V made a big change at H-town, when he went away from the power football he grew up playing at Easton, and went to the spread because that was what his players were better suited for.

If something isn't working, if the players on hand are not suited for it, experienced coaches will make changes. I've been following NJ football for over 50 years and
have seen that happen many times with many teams. The coaches know all the offenses and x's and o's because they have to defend against them, and they go to clinics and talk with other coaches.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Coach Robinson can reapply, they just opened up the job, they do that in all sports from time to time.

deviljet
Feb '16

Why would a 27 year old head coach resign? He's not on his way out. Is he getting let go of his duties as a teacher as well? A young coach doesn't resign, that's not how it works in the world of Athletics. You keep young coaches, again knowing hackettstown and hearing the way they handle these issues they're forcing him out. The coach should go to the paper but he's probably a professional and doesn't want that kind of attention. Although someone needs to shed light of the situation. Hint hint (board of education) time to speak up on the issue!!

Tigefan1
Feb '16

He did not resign. Apparently he was told he could re-apply (funny - he can re-apply for the position he currently has). Everything is rumor. The Board may not speak up because word is a few are behind it. Tigefan is correct in saying someone needs to get some truths. I would have to ask Andy who probably has seen a lot of stuff through the years - have you ever seen a situation where the coach was not relieved of his duties (still the active coach) - his position was posted and he was welcome to re-apply- and his boss was going to interview other coaches for his job? This would be having your cake and eating it too? Conduct interviews - find someone better - if not you still have the existing coach in place. How could you be that guy and go into it knowing they just tried everything to get you out?

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

Citrus fire that shows his true character that he is re-applying. If that was me I would tell them thanks but no thanks. He is in it for the KIDS period. Not only will we lose a great coach but my fear is that he will leave and he is a great math teacher. So it is not just the football and girl basketball players that will suffer, it will be all the kids.

True blue
Feb '16

No sympathy... keep giving that little superintendent and his lethal squad bonuses for great work.......

Cal76 Cal76
Feb '16

"Apparently he was told he could re-apply (funny - he can re-apply for the position he currently has)."

That's how it works in every school with every stipended position. He could be the coach for 30 years, still has to re-apply every year.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

I guess I should have been more specific. If your idea of re-applying each year means the school asks you if you intend to return and then they approve you then yes... thats how it works. I was referring to going through the resume and interview process all over again. Coaches do not go through the interview process every year in the high schools.

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

This is all new to me. I know sports can be harsh and people get replaced all the time, and the world is like that, too.

I lost a full-time job in 1997 (I was there nine years and wanted to be a "lifer") because the president gave my job to someone else who happened to be female. Happy to say, said president and the person my job was given to are no longer there, now.

I remember a reporter (who shall remain nameless) telling me, "Andy, the witch is dead."

At least I wasn't put through the charade of being allowed to "re-apply" for my job. I would have told them what they could do with that job, if they did.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Who are the people on the board that make these decisions?! Stop hiding and speak up on the issue people want to know. Instead nothing will be answered and they will bring in someone they like in. And if success isn't there they will use excuses like "he had no talent". To keep that person in place, I wonder which member of the board has the inside job for this next hire. Don't be surprise if there isn't prior connection to someone on the board with this next hire!!! Ridiculous get it together and start taking care of the people that are in it for the real reasons, the kids!!!

Tigefan1
Feb '16

If anyone has an issue with this Coaching Search......they all should attend the next BOE Meeting and express themselves. Coach Robinson is being treated with zero respect. This does not say much about the BOE and Superintendent.......so Political....HHS lost a Coach, PE teacher.....and Strength and Conditioning Coach due to Politics......People need to go to BOE Meetings in numbers and voice their concerns face to face......before another political move is made....

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Feb '16

I really hope that Mr. Robinson does not leave the high school. I am a student, not a student athlete at Hackettstown. Every day Mr. Robinson goes out of his way to say hello to me and ask how I am doing. He tells me to have a good day. I work hard in my classes but most of my other teachers barely know I exist. The teachers and staff seem to be in a bad mood all the time - I know that teaching teenagers can't be easy but isn't that what they wanted to do? Mr. Robinson is a good man who wants what is best for the students and athletes. From others that wrote on here, there was a time in Hackettstown's history that the football team were champions ... maybe they will be again some day but not if everyone is always being mean to each other. I overhear parents talking bad about the players all the time and it's a shame.

TigerStudent18
Feb '16

I won't name names, although at the time it was a story I did, when coaches were let go because a board member's kid wasn't getting playing time. It's happened several times in this county.

For some reason, that happens a lot in basketball.

Again, without quoting a name, a former Htown basketball coach once told me, "I don't care if a kid's father is on the school board, if he doesn't play defense, he won't play."

In my 65 years I've learned, not all school board decisions are rational.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

North Warren coach might be a possibility, local coach has done well there. I also believe he was my nephews math teacher at Lenape.

Parzero is a marvelous coach who completely turned around what had been a losing culture at North Warren.

Tony Villante did real well at Belvidere, as defensive coordinator and head coach.

I loved a quote he gave me, "This is Belvidere. We bring it." Big Red was blessed with outstanding athletes and kids who gave football everything they had.

Success at one school does not always guarantee success at another.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

The problem is Andy the school boards have too much power. I am just so sick of hearing the same old story. It's a conflict of interest, but it's okay when it's in favor of there kid. Daddy ball 101 welcome to it.

I have been so displeased with hearing about this, I've asked around and talked to some people about it. How does a superintendent go to one football game and evaluate the talent level? (The 100th anniversary game he shows his face too. That to me sounds like a politician. Should ask the guy what are some student accomplishments and see if he could name them.

I've heard the presidents of the board run the show and Mango follows suite, sounds like a coward to me.

How does someone disconnect Mr Somers from the high school. When my son was in school he use to do high honor roll money for students, he donated the scoreboard for baseball, he's donated over 250,000 to that district and he no longer is doing it. This is all things you find out when you start asking around in good ole htown(small town gossip) This Robinson thing isn't the only sketchy piece of business going on. Andy too bad you're a good guy because this seems like it be a great story to be in the paper.

I apolgoize, to anyone on this forum for these rants but after hearing and reading some of this. I have a serious problem holding my opinion back right now.

Tigefan1
Feb '16

I wouldn't count on Parzero having any interest in this. I have a couple of friends who's kids go to North Warren and word is he is a finalist for the Jefferson and possibly the Mt. Olive job. He is looking to move up to bigger schools now. With all of this going on we may have forgotten one group of people - I wonder what the kids think of all this? I have to believe that there are some who felt it was headed in the right direction, some that actually did like the coaching staff? So much negativity and unfortunately it is out of their hands.

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

Citrusfire the guys behind this care only about their kids not all the kids.

True blue
Feb '16

Well if that is the truth then what a shame. If you are in that position then your job is to have the best interest in all the kids - not just your own. I guess they know nothing of the TEAM concept in sports. Some schools are driven by a few outstanding players. I have watched their games for years now - and this program is definitely built with the team first mentality. There are no superstars out there. They played as a group. If the people who you speak about have kids in the program and think they are superstars - then I don't even know what to say. I didn't see that. If its better for their kid to be a starter, or they think they will be the man under a new coach in a new system then they are obviously not seeing the big picture. I get it that most parents today feel their child should be a starter, etc. etc. - but for some reality has to kick in.

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

"How does a superintendent go to one football game and evaluate the talent level?"

He probably relies on the information of the Athletic Director and other trusted administrators. A superintendent's job is to manage the entire district, not micromanage each school. When teachers have contracts that are not renewed, it's based on the decisions and recommendations of the administrators, not based on the Super walking in and saying "I didn't like what they did".

So, cite some sources or proof. Or learn the difference in the roles of a Super vs. Prinicpal vs Administrator.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

I know for a fact the AD choice is Robinson. Thinks he's doing a great job. So now what btownguy. So 100% this witch hunt is not coming from AD. I would like someone to tell me 3 things this man has done wrong with this program. He puts the time in all year, he builds character, checks on grades, they have gotten better under him(with a back up qb they made the playoffs), loves the program and bleeds orange and black. What did he do wrong in his short time as head coach other than build this program up. Someone is unhappy and has whispered into the ears of people who have kids in the program who are not playing and are higher up. Go to a meeting and ask one simple question to the board or Super "what did this man do wrong that now you need to open his job up" The problem is no one will ask.

Tiger 4life Tiger 4life
Feb '16

So now what? For starters, how about using proper punctuation? How about people talk to the coach and share what he may have to say? Right now, we have people upset and they're saying it's the BOE kicking him out without any real proof.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

People are upset because this is a witch hunt against a man who has done nothing wrong. Was the program going in the wrong direction? Was he ever reprimanded or disciplined for something he did wrong? The answer to those questions is NO. So why all of a sudden is the job open. Someone is not happy with playing time and knows some people. Do some digging and I bet you will find out what we all know.

Tiger 4life Tiger 4life
Feb '16

If it's all about winning, I'll say this.

If Hackettstown did have some super stud talent, a really legit prime time football player, he'd end up going to Blair or Pope John or Bergen Catholic anyway.

Look at the college rosters these days, and where the players come from.

So, you might as well stick with a coach who is a good educator, teaches life lessons, makes playing the sport a good experience, cares about the kids' academics.

Otherwise, if it is winning you want, you'd need to give the next coach an ample recruiting budget. Amazing what some schools are doing with transfers these days ... like Point Pleasant Beach basketball for example.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

So Tiger 4life, when you go to the BOE meeting and ask, you will post your findings here, correct?

Matilda Matilda
Feb '16

There is a Board of Education meeting at 7PM on February 17, 2016.

I'll bet anything that not one of the highly opinionated posters on this forum will show up. That's right - I'm talking about you LoBo, Tigerfan1, Citrusfire, LittleRascal, Tiger4Life, et al.

For everyone's information: the Board does not hire, fire, nor recommend same, anyone except for the Superintendent. They cannot by statute get involved in the day to day running of the schools, of which this clearly would be considered to be part.

Show up and say something and let the Superintendent address your concerns directly.

I will point out again, as I have in the past, that no one on this forum who claims to care about the students or the schools ran against the incumbent Board members in either of the last elections. Just sayin'...

Moe Greene
Feb '16

Moe Green, once again I have zero connection to the school. I'm displeased, with what I'm hearing through conversation with friends that their kids are still apart of all this. I'll speak my mind on here because it's open forum to an open topic.

If you're a board member my opinion to you would be to listen. If people are speaking so highly of the coach, why don't you have a meeting with the kids and parents and see there feelings. If it's one person then why would you go against 60 others. Isn't Robinson aloud to go in front of a board to discuss why he's being let go?

That's my concern with the whole situation and if you disagree then you're just as shady as the leaders in charge. Maybe somebody should run, because the current presidents have such a terrible reputation throughout town. They're snakes, and snakes can't be trusted they hide in the grass!

Btown guy, does he have to be at games no, should he attend more then one yes. It shows something to the kids. It's suppose to be about the kids!

But if you're on the board right now I'm sure your child gets the "special treatment" to help him succeed. If Im right, do me a favor and stop because you're only setting them up for further failure in life.

Tigefan1
Feb '16

Sounds like Robinson has been set up! As far as going to the BOE meetings that is a joke! I think this mess stems from a few parents, maybe there son didn't letter,or play the position he wanted? Parents stand your ground,if your happy with the coach,get together and tell the BOE,tell everyone concerned! Gut check time,tell them not the forum!

"Was the program going in the wrong direction? Was he ever reprimanded or disciplined for something he did wrong?"

Tiger4life, are you a member of the BOE or administration? Sometimes those factors don't come to light for one reason or another.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

Lobo/Robbie............You really need to stop stirring the pot here.

Feb '16

My sources are saying there are some issues with the coach's "growing pains" as an inexperienced coach, things that can be fixed ...

still don't like the idea of making a guy re-apply for his job.

They could meet with him, discuss problems, iron some things out behind closed doors.

Those people should have known that posting the job online would start widespread rumor and speculation. Bad job of public relations on the part of whoever was responsible.

It is not illegal to make bad decisions, but I must say this is no way to treat a coach.

I hope he comes back with another team and beats Hackettstown. Would serve them right.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Schools are required to post positions publicly. Whether or not they hire externally is a different story, but if they were thinking of hiring or exploring new coaches, they had to post it.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

So we can rule out any innuendo that he did something worthy of being fired, if he's been told he can 're-apply.'

Sounds to me like his coaching decisions are being second guessed.

What self-respecting coach would want to come into this situation, where Hackettstown is becoming the Cleveland Browns of Northwest Jersey?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

All coaching positions must be posted annually and advertised, whether internal or not. You get your spot for one year and must be reappointed and rehired annually by the BOE. You can't get that job once and hold it without that annual dance. It's a stpended position that's in addition to a fulll time position. No benefits or healthcate, just a job that starts after the instructional day. It's public sector and you tax dollars so you have to go through that process. Therefore, don't start a thread like this and speculate, that's cruel to Mr. Robinson.

jimmysmommie247 jimmysmommie247
Feb '16

Andy, you certainly are the voice of reason for this thread. I agree it is a culture that needs to be rebuilt if you want a winning team. I do believe football has a lot of headwinds these days with the increased head injury awareness, and rightfully so. Its hard enough to get through life without a head injury, lets face it....less than .1% of high school football players will see a livelihood made from playing football. That being said, if a coach is a good educator, teacher of life lessons and mentor that can connect with the student athletes, then maybe the win/loss record isn't the only validating criteria for a successful coach (especially at the high school level). Look at a (soccer)coach like Gary Thomas, I played for him from 89-92, he never stopped building the team. Some years the talent was slim, but he still stuck to his game plan, and never let the program down. Hackettstown needs to get behind the football program and just keep pushing it forward. Perhaps, the recreational feeder programs need more guidance and $$ so the high school coach is getting a better starting product.

Longtime townie '92 Longtime townie '92
Feb '16

Whether Mr. Robinson coaches football or not he was one of the best Math teachers my kids had during their time at HHS. Sounds like maybe he should consider it a blessing to get football off his back and concentrate on affecting the lives of kids in academics of which I believe he has much to offer.

studentofthegame studentofthegame
Feb '16

Good points about Gary Thomas.

As for the upcoming BOE meeting, I don't live in the Hackettstown district, I may or may not go, depending on what else is going on.

When Belvidere let go a wrestling coach about four years ago, the wrestlers and their parents came to the board meeting to support him. Didn't help sway the stone faced board members any, but at least the athletes and parents made their feelings known. It's the players and their families who really need to show support, here.

One good thing about HL, the public does have a forum here, 24/7/365 (this year 366).

Lots of places are hiring people with titles like social media manager, to keep up with what the public is saying, but it still boils down to an old-school concept, listen to feedback, encourage it. Don't make people feel like there will be retribution for speaking their minds.

By the time the board meets, minds are usually made up, and it is too late for public comments to make any difference.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

So, did anyone actually go to the BOE meeting tonight?

BeerFan BeerFan
Feb '16

I did....tho my children graduated during the golden GRATZ years. I just wanted to see what the fuss was. The Mango/Bordi show continues. The lies theses men tell. They said they really have nothing to do with the interview process. Mango cuts off every parent who tries to speak. Bordi intimated that he and his kid (s) never profited from football, but I would bet he got a ride from someplace.

The attitude of the Board towards the people at the meeting was one of condecendece, they are definitely smarter. They treated Mrs. Gibbs, a former great HHS teacher with total disrespect. Mr Scanlon sat at a table (following an excellent presentation by Mr. Sosnovick) looking at his cell phone. He could have stood by the 40 or so students, but chose to sit next to the Assistant Lady - she sat and kept rolling her eyes in disgust each time an audience member spoke. Also disrespected was Chief Macauley, just awful. There was also a plea from some members to advise parents when there is a threat to the school. Mr Mango and his attny advised this is not done. Guess social media far exceeds his capabilities.

But, all is not lost. I am proud of the parents who spoke up. Of course, do not worry, I am sure Mango will meet his district objectives and grab another 10k from each of the districts. This board is a nightmare....this meeting was awful.

Cal76 Cal76
Feb '16

BTW, someone mentioned on here that Mr. Somers was disconnected from the school. What kind of an idiot does this? Mr Somers has been VERY generous to this school, who would jeopardize this?

Cal76 Cal76
Feb '16

Thanks for the update Cal76. Now we have to wonder? If the ad says that all the football resumes are to be sent to Mango - but he isn't involved in the interview process-and the AD is not involved in the interview process - then who will be interviewing the candidates? Did they happen to mention this? And how much time was spent fielding questions about the position?

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

All Hackettstown Schools job postings are "sent" to the Superintendent, which basically just means they go to the Board Office and are routed from there. It's common practice in school districts, particularly one that does not utilize online applications and does not have a human resources person.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Feb '16

Read the ad, the teaching positions are going to HR and the 2 coaching positions the apps go to Mango.

waldo waldo
Feb '16

I also attended the board meeting last night. I cannot speak about everyone who sits on the board, but Mr. Mango disgusts me. He deflected every time someone asked for a direct answer of why they want to replace the coach. The board members said it was at the advice of the superintendent, but Mr. mango would not say why he advised it. Just that he could not legally say. When some girls on the basketball team spoke up in defense of Coach Robinson Mr. Mango said they had no intention of removing him as the basketball coach.
...... My question is, if they have reason to remove Mr. Robertson as the football coach, wouldn't that also apply to him as the basketball coach? Again Mr. Mango deflected.

It was not till the end when Mrs. Gibson ( A parent and not a board member) finally answered the question the board was unable to answer. The board is not legally allowed to discuss the reasons of removal if Mr. Robertson is not there to defend himself .

The meeting was videotaped and is supposedly going to be online to view for those who could not make the meeting.

Mr. Mangos contract is up at the end of this school year. I advise the school board to take new applications!

Parent Parent
Feb '16

Cal76 -

You went in with a preconception of the meeting and heard what you wanted to hear. Anyone can go back and watch the tape once it's posted and see your one sided, prejudiced take on the meeting for what it is - mindless babble.

Mango cut off every parent? What meeting were you at? Bordi kid got a ride? He goes to a D-III school - check your facts before ranting. McCauley disrespected? How? Everyone was given free reign to speak their piece. The only cut off was when Ms Gibbs began directing questions to someone other than the Board which is not allowed in that setting, but she was allowed to continue and even speak again later in the evening.

Mango clearly stated that he was involved in the interview process; The BOE members cannot be involved by law, as noted by Ms Gibbs. Where are these lies you speak of? Be specific if you're going to throw accusations around.

"This board is a nightmare..." - You obviously are very concerned with the well being of the district. I think you should run for the Board this fall. Filing Deadline is July 25, 2016. Best of luck and I look forward to your swearing in in January 2017.

Callzem Asi Seezum
Feb '16

Somebody has somebody's ear, or else this would not be happening.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Bordi's kid got an academic scholarship. What's that got to do with football? He's just fortunate he gets to play football as well. Lets not act like he went to some D1 powerhouse football program because of his father. The kid earned what he got.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '16

I personally believe Coach Robinson as well as the other football coaches at HHS are s a positive influence to my son.

larry m darst larry m darst
Feb '16

I've met Bordi's kids and they are good people.

Just like in politics (the synonym is poopadoodle) we should leave families out of the discussion and just focus on the issues.

Hackettstown isn't the only place where this kind of garbage happens, it is a national epidemic in school districts everywhere.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

I guess we will have to watch the tape and form our own opinion. Two sides to the story here. Earlier I had stated that I wondered how the kids felt about this. Obviously they are showing support for him. Now after reading some of the positives from people about the program and the coaches I have to wonder how the coaches feel about the situation. Don't really know some of the assistants but there has got to be some sort of trickle down effect. Their coaching jobs are in limbo also and I wonder if they might be looking elsewhere instead of waiting and taking a chance on Robinson not coming back.

citrusfire citrusfire
Feb '16

It's just sad to see a mess like this happen.

Winning is nice, but it is all supposed to be about the educational benefits and life lessons.

If it isn't, I'll advocate for sports no longer being part of the schools. Why have them if the educational aspect is diminished?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Dose anyone know when & where they will post the video?

Parent Parent
Feb '16

Videos of all the meetings are posted on the district website. Click on bd. of Ed and look for meeting broadcast. This is the link to January's meeting.
http://www.hackettstown.org/Page/5493

Parent, is Mr. Mango's contract really up the end of this year? I thought they extended his contract already, last year or the year before?

I apologize, his contract is for a couple more years. Supposedly his contract for shared duties is up at the end of this year.

Parent Parent
Feb '16

The February video has been posted if anyone is interested

proudtigerparent proudtigerparent
Feb '16

Wow Cal76 that meeting went nothing like you mentioned. Mrs Gibbs was the one with the tone and the attitude right from the get go. Not sure anyone of us would do well being spoken to like that. Good job by the board to keep calm.

The board listened to everyones opinion and let them state their case. I didn't see them cutting. Anyone off other than Gibbs who went on for quite some time.

TSA was well represented by 4 of their board members speaking in favor or coach Robinson.

Darwin Darwin
Feb '16

Good for TSA ...

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Welcome to Hackettstown.... Everything around here gets exaggerated... Can't wait to watch this later. I'll have my popcorn ready!

Metsman Metsman
Feb '16

I agree Darwin I watched it as well. Whatever Cal76 was smoking before that meeting we all need some of that. Because he was off to see the Wizard when that meeting was going on.

Feb '16

Stupid Question...... what is the website for the video?

Try this link:
http://www.hackettstown.org/domain/31

Proudtigerparent Proudtigerparent
Feb '16

From a very impartial parent.... I saw Mr. Mango contradict himself at least five times. Mr. Bordi just seems like a puppet. I found myself in tears when the parents were speaking. I just hope the right thing gets done here.

At a school? That's being really optimistic.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Just for the record Mr. Mango has a contract until 2020. His contract is available on the district website. If people have concerns I strongly recommend coming to as many BOE meetings as possible. I am there almost every month and we need more public attendees. The full agenda with the attachments is posted a few days prior to the meeting & it is important to read that or you won't be able to follow most of what they are talking about. Most of the board does a good job. There are some that need to behave more professionally and if people aren't happy with them it is up to the people from their town to vote them out.
Mr. Mango on the other hand is only really there because he has to be and in my opinion combative with anyone who questions him. It is our job as the public to speak up and contribute to these meetings - it is the only time the public can go on record. Hope to see many of you there next month. Hopefully Mr. Mango will announce he heard everyone and will announce Mr. Robinson is being reinstated as Football coach.
By the way - I am NOT afraid to sign my real name to this post.

R. Raible R. Raible
Feb '16

What's up with these contracts? These school positions are just not worthy of such things. Pure manipulation, pure joke. Can't wait for school reforms that will be coming as the current system IS NOT AFFORDABLE...

What position isn't worthy of what there, iJay, King of all?

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

ijay and every other organizational guru posting here -

How would you set up a school system? Find and hire a less than qualified manager as Superintendent who works dirt cheap from year to year? Keep all teachers and coaches, regardless of results, because they are nice and tried real hard?

How are you evaluated at your job? Do you have a permanent position as long as you don't get arrested?

The schools need to be staffed and handled by professionals. This includes being the bad guy occasionally and having the awkward conversation with someone who is under performing, as everyone here who has ever had a job with responsibility can identify with.

Again as I've seen posted elsewhere on this forum, If people are unhappy they should run for the Board themselves so they can straighten everything out. It's a great way to volunteer your time and serve your community.

Anyone want to take my bet there will be no contested seats come November? Anyone? No one?

I thought so...

Longtime Tiger Fan
Feb '16

LTF

I'd change coaches every couple years with no regard for what the taxpayer parents of team members say then I would belittle the parents by saying that they want el cheapo school staff, It's simple, folks like you are destructive.

Perhaps you are on the BOE or would like to be? I doubt either one is true.,

The video certainly paints the board in a bad light, although some of the concerned parents were a little crazy too if we're being honest. It's clear what's really happening here: Mango wants to bring in his own yes man and administration kiss ass and Bordi is going along with for some reason. I know Gus, and he's a good guy, so to say I'm dissapointed in the way he's handled this thing is an understatement. This is a mess and it makes me sick. Regardless I hope the kids have a coach, whoever it may be, within the next month. It's time to get to work for next season.

Jon Fishman Jon Fishman
Feb '16

Mr. Fishman are you talking football in February? ??

Hot corner Hot corner
Feb '16

LOL... Nice Hot Corner!

Metsman Metsman
Feb '16

From what it sounds like, you can put a monkey and Mickey Mouse in the admin spot to follow orders. To me it sounds like puppets on strings, obviously fat Clemenza is clearly in favor of Mr Mango and company. Maybe you're on the board? And you're getting happy feet and can't take the heat.

I said before, I am happy my kids are not attending anymore. It's apparent that Mango has the Napoleon syndrome and would be a little upset when people go against him. Questions are supposed to be answered. Why is he not legally aloud to say, is it something Robinson did? When a coach gets fired in any sports at higher level(pro's) they based it of performance and records. Hackettstown has improved over his three years from what I've seen. I think Andy said it, this isn't the Sec, If it's about wins and losses then give the guy a budget. You can't recruit, so isn't it getting a valuable leader, someone who will teach them character, how to be one day a great father/husband one day. Those are qualities that my head coach taught us.

But then again we live in the day and age, where you hand your kid a participation trophy. If my kid ever got one As a child, I would have respectfully send it back. If this is a hidden agenda because of someone's son not playing, then you're teaching your kid the worse life lesson. Daddy gets everything for me I'm entitled to play, I'm entitled to get a job. Good job, keep it up you're creating the problem.

I wonder what Mr mangos reputation in Becton was.

Tigefan1
Feb '16

Who does mango think he is? Does he not work for the parents of the tax payer school district? Enough is enough with this guy? Let's make a change. It's jet a matter of time till we would be paying for the process anyway. Let's do it at our level. Who agrees?

Tigefan1, thank you for not reading any other comments before posting. As was pointed out earlier, the BOE/admin cannot discuss reasoning for decisions behind personnel matters. If they fired you for being a tool, they can't say that.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

DRC - I don't understand your response. My question is how should the leader of the school district handle an under performer? And should the BOE not pay a market salary to get the most qualified individual they can find to take the Superintendent job? As for wanting to be on the BOE, I simply appreciate what they do and don't take anonymous potshots at them. They have the character to sit behind their nameplate so you know their position. Have you ever done that?

"Tigefan1" - I'll assume you really can spell and left the 'r' out on purpose - Who is the puppet and who is the puppeteer? Tell me - is your performance review available for us all to see? Didn't think so. Same thing for Robinson. The idea that HS Sports isn't about everyone getting a trophy is exactly what is being said here. Should he stay indefinitely for participating in 4 wins per season? If so for how long? As far as taking the heat, bring it on - but I'm just an educated observer. Also have you ever called Mr Bordi "Fat Clemenza" to his face? Let me know when you do, but I won't hold my breath.

BTW - As far as my research goes - no bad info on Mango from Becton.

Fishman - How does that video put the board in a bad light? Because they did their job? Because Mango did his? Three seasons from now if Robinson was still winning 4 games a year, the town would be screaming for his head and calling the administration and board all types of nasty names, guaranteed.

To all: Let's keep all the mediocre personnel because they are nice people and try hard. Then let's start another thread about how HHS lags behind WMC and WHRHS and Pope John in Academics and Athletics and complain why no one in power does anything about it.

It amazes me the fickleness of those that frequent these forums. How about showing up in person at a board meeting with a rational commentary and effect real change?

I look forward to reading about all of your speeches to the board in the Warren Reporter.

Longtime Tiger Fan
Feb '16

Under Performer????? You do not have a Clue......are you on the BOE ???? Are you Mango......Puppet Bordi..... ???? LOL

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Feb '16

Once again, too all the sensitive mango lovers that are commenting on here. Don't get offend by a public forum if what we're saying is so untrue. I don't have any interested with no children involved. I am a hackettstown guy and hate what I'm seeing. I don't need to attended a board meeting to see what's happening!

I do have a question for you? If none of what people are saying is true, why comment on it? Maybe it's hard to answer questions you don't have answers for it. What do cowards do best? They run and hide, here's an idea take charge, answer the critics give a logical response and maybe people will stop!

I watched the meeting, the parents did more then enough to convince you fools what they want. You better make damn sure your next hire is a good one, if you screw this up and they're unsuccessful, let's see how you answer to those questions. Don't worry, I'm sure you will find a fall guy to blame it on. Good life lesson, you probably teach your children those same values. (Mr educated Observer)

You're entitled to your opinion on here, but I'll quote Mr mango from the video isn't it a conflict of interest". No members of the board should be on this forum commenting. Wait......but let me guess your not, you're just highly defensive over all these outrageous accusations!!! You're clearly more educated then everyone on the topic, so please enlighten me smart ass.

Btw did I ever say gus bordi was the fat clemenza? My comment was are you on the board? And I'm sorry, maybe I'm wrong but are you implying Gus Bordi is someone to fear?! I'll hold my breathe on your response to that.

If it's about competition, then fair is fair. But the way it sounds I truly don't believe that. Again let's see who is hired, clocks ticking don't screw this up!

Tigefan1
Feb '16

TF -

I'm saying you are calling people names behind an anonymous forum. Also, your rants are all over the place and make little to no sense. I watched the meeting tape as well - do you think NO ONE is on the BOE side? News flash - Plenty of people who are not speaking up are cheering this decision.

I'm done trying to match wits with an unarmed man.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Longtime Tiger Fan
Feb '16

And Mango gets 10k from each district for meeting his goals..

Cal76 Cal76
Feb '16

Cal76 - what does that have to do with Robinson being a mediocre football coach?

Grizzly Adams
Feb '16

Ltf

You have a personal connection with the topic. That's why your emotions are getting the best of you. Good choice, to step away. Make the right hire!

Enjoy your weekend.

Tigefan1
Feb '16

TF - you lost me. What does LTF have to do with the hire?

Grizzly Adams
Feb '16

LTF

Let me explain. No one said they wanted to keep underperformers or bring in cheap employees. The parents who spoke made it clear that they measure a person's worth in a different way than wins/losses etc. That's their point of view. They respect the coach's character. That is a high accolade.

You suggested that people who respect character are willing to accept inferior people. You will never get people who respect character to buy your point of view.

Character building is the foundation for success, everything else will come over time.

I'll say it again, if you want wins, give the coach a recruitment budget.

If you want wins, drop the pretenses that you have student athletes, and just hire people to wear the uniforms and play the games, with no concern about grades, citizenship, any of that "superfluous" stuff. Note to people who take everything literally and out of context, I'm being sarcastic here.

College coaches usually get fired because they didn't do a good job of recruiting, someone else got the better athletes.

At this level, in a public school, it is about making the players better people.

In wrestling, a sport where kids can compete against someone their own size, Hackettstown had a pretty good day yesterday. Let us celebrate it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

For the record - I have a connection as a "Longtime Tiger Fan".

Other than that you, me and everyone else has the same say in who the next coach will be.

You're right Andy - Good day by the Tiger Wrestlers - 6 advance and the team placed 3rd!

Longtime Tiger Fan
Feb '16

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

-- Winston Churchill

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

Any updates yet? Anybody hear anything about other potential coaches?

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Feb '16

Probably a joke in here by mango. Maybe the state changed the regs and they need an additional certification necessitating a job re-apply. Maybe this is all a distraction so the taxpayers don't see whatever underhanded thing plan to do next.

Cal76 Cal76
Feb '16

Another example of the fact that there is no such thing as a "secure" job anymore.

I've seen people get pushed out of their jobs for a variety of oddball reasons. Won't get into it beyond that. We're just supposed to be nice people and "take it." If we complain, the status quo blacklists us and spreads the word that we are bad people.

Mistreatment of employees has reached epidemic proportions in America.

The apocalypse is near. How's that for being melodramatic?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

next BOE meeting on 3/16. there was a great turnout at the Feb meeting but don't think its over. keep turning out if you want to make a difference.

darwin darwin
Mar '16

Also looks like 5 spots (4 for Hackettstown) are up in November. Let's see if anyone wants to run against them.

Mary Beth Maciag Vice President 2016
Edward O'Melia 2016
Bo Soobryan 2016
Giovanni Cusmano * 2016 (Allamuchy)
Mike Herbst 2016

darwin darwin
Mar '16

The turnout was good but they will most likely have picked a candidate by the next meeting

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Mar '16

Isn't Ed O'Melia the board member representing Great Meadows?

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '16

Sorry.

Yes Ed is great meadow. So 3 hackettstown spots open

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

Could it be possible that he is a great teacher and person but is not so great at coaching football?

From the video i watched the board seemed perfectly reasonable - they let that woman prattle on about rules and regulations for longer than i would have.

From what i gathered on the video he is coaching basketball as well so maybe he is over-extended. I would like to see Hackettstown football at some point return from doormat status.

1-9 is doormat status. Hackettstown has been a lot better than that.

Boys basketball is the number one seed in the section, and they played like it last night. Let's get that Hoosiers music going and take a magical ride to the state final, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YeUUoY90M

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

Andy - do you think anybody ever said maybe that's the level of the talent in the area? I know you are around all this stuff so you may know. Just looked up the records from 2003 until this past year. This spans 3 different head coaches. The program has 50 wins since 2003. That's averaging 3.8 wins per season. They reached 7 wins only once and 6 wins only once. Maybe the talent level is good for only 4 wins per season - don't know - but when the results are the same through the tenures of 3 coaches then maybe it isn't all on the head coach. You seem to be one of the voices of reason here.

citrusfire citrusfire
Mar '16

That's right Citrusfire - its the kids fault.

I think it's more of a testament to the culture that's been prevalent through those years. no one ever got pressured or fired for being mediocre and the kids learned to accept that.

Thank goodness it looks like that is changing. Go Mango and Go Tigers!

Callzem Asi Seezum
Mar '16

I can honestly say Tony Villante had better football players at Belvidere, even though I know it is not "pc" to say stuff like that on a Hackettstown driven site.

The Hackettstown kids have been good kids, many of them are establishing solid careers for themselves out there in the world, using their smarts.

The Morrison glory years featured a lot of really strong kids who grew up on farms. How many kids in the Hackettstown district grow up on farms these days?

The area has changed and so has the competition. It's not the same universe that was around here 50 years ago.

Coaches do get better when given time to establish a program, I've seen it time and time again (and again and again and again) ... I'm really disappointed that the school board is doing this ... until now, I thought they were smarter than this.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

ThAnks Andy. Just looking at the whole thing in general. Shame on me for saying it's the kids fault. Oh wait - I didn't say that. People just can't read !!! Not once in the post did I say anything about it being the kid's fault. Speaking about talent level is what it is. That has nothing to do with putting blame on anyone. I looked at wins per season during three coaches. Everybody blames the coaches- fire the coach etc. etc. if I said maybe the talent level of the kid's is not as good as some people think - that is not a knock on anyone. Get a freakin grip

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Mar '16

A few years ago they had a thread going that got really nasty, celebrating the fact that Villante retired from coaching, like that was really going to solve everything. And Tony's last couple of teams were quite good, and he went out with a win over Warren Hills.

If Hackettstown changes coaches every third or fourth year, it's going to be an unstable program.

How many players from Hackettstown have played in the Southeast Conference or the 14 teams that make up the Big 10? Nobody from Penn State or Rutgers has been recruiting Hackettstown kids, not even Lafayette or Lehigh of the Patriot League for that matter. Max Newton (class of 05) did play at Yale, but not as a quarterback, so why do people think this team should have been a powerhouse? I don't get it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

Thank you Andy for the best post I have read on here. You get it. I can't wait to see what answers you get from your last question - because it is evident that many think, for whatever reason, that this should be a powerhouse program.

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Mar '16

Not sure what your point is but here are 2 kids from adjacent towns from the Big 10/NFL - so maybe they have better coaching at West Morris & Mount Olive?

Michael Burton from Long Valley/Washington Twp. - Rutgers/Detroit Lions FB
Zack Heeman from Mount Olive - Rutgers OL.

Michael Burton - 6' 248 lb fullback
Zack Heeman - 6'7 295 lb offensive lineman
Size is only one measurable but look at the size of the two you said. Burton is a 248 pound running back. Hackettstown only has about 3 kids on the team over 250 lbs. Not too many colleges are going to recruit a high school lineman who is 185 lbs.

citrusfire citrusfire
Mar '16

Lol RU you just made citrus's point. Look at the size of those kids. How many kids that size have come through HHS lately?

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

And Burton could run like a deer, breakaway speed, and he had moves.

If Kevin Hennelly could coach that, he would have a Burton in the backfield every year, and he'd win a sectional title every year.

They have quality teams consistently at West Morris, I have lots of respect for Hennelly's coaching, but these last three seasons it's been mostly three yards and a cloud of dust, just keeping the game close by controlling the ball with long drives ...and getting the first down when it is fourth and one in midfield, and don't ever fumble or fall behind by two touchdowns when you're playing that way.

I think they are going to keep Robinson but they will pressure him to run the same stuff the kids played in youth football ... to me, that is the tail wagging the dog. To me, the head coach is the man in charge ... and if kids can't grow up as players and learn to play the spread, or the option, they are not the Superman football players their parents think they are.

I'll always go back to that 2013 Ridge team that threw everything including the kitchen sink at you, name a formation, they had it in their arsenal ... and nobody touched them the whole season, 12-0 sectional champs.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

citrusfire - When you denigrate "the talent in the area" you are talking about the kids.

Andy - The '70 team (Rossi / Applegate), and the teams in the '80's (Griffith / Romanczek) were well after Morrison and had very few farm boys but were still successful.

The TSA programs seem to be able to hold their own in the league with Denville, Rockaway, Jefferson, etc. While I know it doesn't always transfer to HS, It shows the gene pool is there to win. They need someone to bring them to the next level and they haven't had that.

Kids may not hang around a program that's struggling. Start winning games and a lot of those athletes in the stands will start showing up for camp in August.

Success breeds success - that's why schools with powerhouse programs continue to have powerhouse programs. Time to start that here.

Restore the roar!

Callzem Asi Seezum
Mar '16

I guess i will refrain from posting opinions on here. Denigrating talent? Didn't say that either. Saying that maybe the talent level is good enough for 4 wins is not denigrating the talent - or the kids. That is just what it is. Coaches evaluate that every year. When coaches talk to other coaches they will say they have a squad capable of 4 wins, or 6 wins, or will even say the talent level is down this year etc. So i guess a lot of coaches blame it on the kids? Whatever...... Maybe Callzem can get an interview.

citrusfire citrusfire
Mar '16

You have to take into account how many of these kids are going to private school in High School. I know the Junior class lost 3 good baseball players to Pope John and Morris Catholic. If Coach Poyer had those 3 guys, he'd have 5 homerun threats on his squad. Now it's down to 2. So I'm sure this happens with football too.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '16

Look up the meaning of denigrate cf.

"maybe that's the level of the talent in the area? I know you are around all this stuff so you may know. Just looked up the records from 2003 until this past year. This spans 3 different head coaches. The program has 50 wins since 2003. That's averaging 3.8 wins per season. They reached 7 wins only once and 6 wins only once. Maybe the talent level is good for only 4 wins per season"

You said that the talent level isn't there because they have 3.8 wins per year for 12 years. I say the opposite. 12 years of talent-less kids? Unless you are the most unlucky program in the world the law of averages say you'll get your share of football players. You just need a decent program. That failure is on the multiple coaches and administrations that have been in place during that time.

I happen to like CJR. I'm just glad the administration took an interest in raising the bar for the program.

Callzem Asi Seezum
Mar '16

"Start winning games and a lot of the athletes in the stands will start showing up for camp in August". In my opinion I would not want those kids that don't love the game enough to join a team and develop the skills and work habits that would benefit them in any of their future endeavors. I played basball on a team for 5 years that was decent but Just could not get it done. Did I think about quitting, hell no, I loved the game too much. Builds character, just my opinion of course.

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '16

My point is you guys say there is no talent the area and that is BS!

I just gave you 2 kids that live/lived within 10 miles of the HHS Football field that played in the Big 10...

Bye the way Burton walked on at Rutgers - not a "preferred walk on" they didn't want him until he proved them wrong in practice. Of course the kid was not 248lbs while at West Morris when he walked on at Rutgers...he got there through hard work and hitting the weigh room...there really are a bunch of morons on here.

Even the supposed experts have no clue - fine you want losing teams that's what your going to get.

So 2 kids within 10miles went to Rutgers. Good for them. 2 out of how many? In how many years? Also No no one said there was NO talent. I don't recall reading that statement anywhere

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

There are three things the average American male thinks he can do better than the next guy ....

* run the country

* romance a woman

* coach a football team

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

By the way, I know all the history.

Used to write about it when there were these things called newspapers that people actually took the time to read.

Maybe that's the problem, kids are spending more time with their electronic gadgets and less time pumping iron and doing what it takes to be good football players ... although H-town is doing just fine in several other sports these days.

Right now, the Tigers have a shot at a sectional title in basketball ... when is the last time THAT ever happened?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

Andy---"romance a woman" really?

Walter
Mar '16

Can't y'all tell when I'm being funny?

Guess that went over like a hippopotamus doing the high jump.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

They are keeping Robinson despite applications from respected coaches from Group IV schools...so hope all the happy losers are happy...

RU - apparently you have access to non-public info as there have been no announcements.

R. Raible R. Raible
Mar '16

What were the group IV schools that had coaches send resumes?

Citrusfire Citrusfire
Mar '16

If that is true and the process is over then you don't have to keep names a secret. Who were all the respected coaches from group IV schools that wanted to come coach Hackettstown. I am kind of finding that a little difficult to believe.

citrusfire citrusfire
Mar '16

Ok, so while everyone's attention was diverted to this, what nasty shenanigans did the Bordi/Mango two some pull off?

Cal76 Cal76
Mar '16

Why so angry Cal76? Did they not hire you?

Callzem Asi Seezum
Mar '16

So no change at head coach. Very anticlimactic announcement by Gus at tonight's BOE meeting

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

blue balls anyone?

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

Another fine waste of tax payers hard earned money.

waldo waldo
Mar '16

its kind of a joke. Glad that coach Robinson retained his position but I have to imagine some damage was done with the month long mess. If you look at how the whole thing was handled they cut him down at the knees - openly showed that they didn't really want him as their head coach and then all of a sudden they give him back the position. Looks like this whole thing backfired in the face of whomever put it in motion. I think they are lucky that their coach is loyal to the school and the kids - because i am sure this whole situation was embarrassing. Looks like he has very thick skin - somebody else may have turned to them and told them to go scratch.

citrusfire citrusfire
Mar '16

I would have. I give Coach Robinson a lot of credit.

Guess Nick Saban and Urban Meyer weren't available.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

Coach Robinson is a class act. He will continue to make it all about the students as always.

Just a shame that all this happened to begin with.

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

Robinson is a great guy. Helped my son a lot. So did the assistant coaches.

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
Mar '16

Really just wish they'd replace the head guy, you know the superintendent.

Did anyone notice the way that Mango and Bordi kept cutting that woman off and making false allegations against her when she was addressing the letter regarding the parcc testing. Sad really.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.