H-Town Police Advisory re car burglaries

On 6/25/15 the Hackettstown Police responded to numerous reports of vehicles that were burglarized. The incidents occurred in the Hurley Dr area of town. The burglaries occurred sometime between Wednesday night (6/24/15) and Thursday morning (6/25/15). We want to remind individuals to make sure you lock your car doors and don’t leave valuables (i.e. electronics, coins, purses, wallets, etc.) inside your vehicles. Anyone with information or might have seen something suspicious between Wednesday night and Thursday morning is asked to contact the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3302.

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Common sense stuff

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '15

Anybody else in East Valley View area also burglarized? Unfortunately, having lived here for many years when it was fine to leave your cars and homes unlocked if you were going out for a short time, we fell prey to this recent string of thefts. We do now lock our cars and house, but for some reason we forgot to lock cars after our graduation festivities on Tuesday night. We learned our lesson the hard way...and we fully take credit for making it easy......it is still sad to me though. My daughter had her ipod and some money stolen as well as loose change. Just today when I went to get a quarter for a shop rite cart, I realized the change was stolen from my car as well.....we will be double-checking that our cars are locked at night for sure!

HackettstownMom
Jun '15

The dynamics of the area have changed and with the economy in the state the way it is, this type of incident / incidents will only continue.

Even if you are too lazy to take items out of your vehicle, put them out of sight .

Steven Steven
Jun '15

Not sure it has as much to do with the economy as the junkies looking for drug money.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Kids broke into an abandoned foreclosed house on Fifth Street and used it as their drug/play house..destroyed the home.

pampurr pampurr
Jun '15

Now there was a thread about this a few weeks ago. Girls stuff was stolen. Whole group blamed her couple people made comments about who it could have been. And it was like every one turned on them. Theres a police warning and now no one says a word. Alot of folks in this town are blind to it. One person even said kids doing herion isn't a bad thing if they went bothering anyone there just experimenting? Read it for yourself. People need to open there eyes I'm still blown away by stupidity.

WTF. http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/689747

OK then
Jun '15

uh Pampurr - we know - we know - but we're talking here about using a little common sense here -
I can't remember the last time I left my car anywhere unlocked except in my garage - just common sense-
stuff happens - everywhere

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Ok then - maybe because the police warning is exactly what everyone else was saying in that original post...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '15

HackettstownMom ......
To answer your question (anybody else in East Valley View area also burglarized?)
Yes.
I'll repeat what I said in the above mentioned post by "OK then"
Attempted break in at a home in countryside area 2 weeks ago --- lights on, car in driveway, family home.
Latest news -- a home burglary in in the same area on 6/25.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

hapiest girl...Countryside? That is where the other break in occurred and also the meth lab bust.

pampurr pampurr
Jun '15

where is countryside?

chichi chichi
Jun '15

..........Further investigation revealed the pair had been manufacturing meth inside the SUV; a search of the vehicle turned up the drug and several ingredients used to make it, authorities said. Hmmmm could have stopped the van/meth lab on any street - and then someone else would be flipping out...................enough already

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Well stated 5catmom.

Aren't they the apartments across from M&M's?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '15

How do you cook method in an suv? I can understand their smoking it in the suv ....but manufacturing it in a vehicle?!?

Steve Davis Steve Davis
Jun '15

People are just ignoring the problem thinking if they do it will go away. Until it hits close to there home family friends. Then it will be "how did this happen We need to do something asap!".

OK then
Jun '15

Do exactly what, OK then?

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Not diggin' this cold, rainy weather. And I have to do laundry in my flooded cellar. Yuck. Blaaaaahhhh.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jun '15

Ooopppsss ^^^^^ I posted on the wrong thread.

weebiekins weebiekins
Jun '15

Make these crimes have a punishment that's hard enough to deter children from trying drugs to Begin with. Not a slap on the wrist and a fine.

OK then
Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.