2015 Memorial Day Parade

My girls and I are looking forward to the parade again this year! We will all be in the parade, with Girls Scouts and Trinity Church.

So I know what time we have to meet our respective groups, but I don't know what time the parade actually starts and I need to let my parents know. Anyone have a start time?

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '15

Re: 2015 Memorial Day Parade

Approximate start time of 10 am

John C John C
May '15

Hubby and I will be in the Memorial Day Parade again this year as well. Would not miss it for the world...Hope to see a lot of American Flags flying as we venture down Main Street!

joyful joyful
May '15

What day is the parade?

mansfield mama mansfield mama
May '15

It is held on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25th, mansfield mama, and the parade kicks off at 10 a.m. down Main St. Hackettstown...to Mountain Avenue stopping at Union Cemetery for the ceremony and guest speaker following the parade..

joyful joyful
May '15

What time do the post-parade complaints start?

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

emaxx - I bet they will start on here prior to the end of the parade.

The parade is so noisy I can't hear myself think. Don't they realize my baby is trying to nap?

It took me ten extra minutes to get to Target because of the blocked roads due to the parade.

etc.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Please bring Peanut Butter to donate to St. James' Summer backpack program.

The program provides groceries to needy children. Last year over 300 children were in the program.

StJames' StJames'
May '15

Thanks joyful for the parade info.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
May '15

emaxx - I bet they will start on here prior to the end of the parade.

The parade is so noisy I can't hear myself think. Don't they realize my baby is trying to nap?

It took me ten extra minutes to get to Target because of the blocked roads due to the parade.

etc.

Calico696

Lets not forget the traditional complaint about the marchers throwing candy.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
May '15

And the complaint marchers are *not* throwing candy...

I will be there to cheer our Veterans, Public Servants, and mostly to honor Those Who Gave All. I hope you will be there too.

Hipster Hipster
May '15

Thanks for the information about the start of the parade! We will be in the parade and we will be delicately passing out candy, lol!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '15

Thank you Hipster. At least someone knows the real meaning of Memorial Day. As for the parade being to loud for your baby if it bothers you DON'T COME. The parade has rules for fire trucks not to use sirens. This is a day to give thanks to those who gave all. I bet they didn't like the LOUD NOISE but they went anyway. Thank you to all the vets and their families for your service. I most certainly be there to say thanks to our vets. Until you walk in their shoes don't Bitch.

Snowflake Snowflake
May '15

Snowflake relax.....these were snarky remarks from other posters complaining about other things. No one on here is complaining about this parade. They are just trying to be funny.

FYI Veterans Day is for us to honor service men. Memorial Day is for us to honor fallen service men. We can do both. Memorial Day is to be meant to be silent because of fallen heros.

teenie teenie
May '15

Everyone enjoy the parade & remember what the day is all about.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
May '15

John - better make sure you all have your firearms purchaser ID cards for those muzzle loaders lol

skippy skippy
May '15

We're covered!

John C John C
May '15

FYI the papers have advertised the start time as 9:30. BID website says the same.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '15

The BID site is here:

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2015/4/2015-memorial-day-parade-mon-may

It says:

"Scheduled to start at 10:00 am depending of participant readiness"

As long as I have been here (50 yrs or so) the parade starts at 10AM. They always say 9:30am for lineup.

Teenie Teenie
May '15

Don't forget to attend that ceremony at Union Cem joyful mentioned. Very worthwhile program with the salutes and the memorial wreath floating down the river. Many people don't know the Parade isn't the end of it and miss out on this.

Here are some pictures of the ceremony from 2013:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/511071#t525779

It is always such a wonderful parade! Been taking my children since they were small, now the grandkids.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Enjoy the parade.

ianimal ianimal
May '15

It was a good day at the parade.

The Grand Marshall

The Ceremony

The Memorial Wreath flowing down the river.

Greetings - I hope you enjoy the 2015 Hackettstown Memorial Day Parade photos:

http://photos.lehighvalleylive.com/4424/gallery/memorial_day_parade_2015_in_ha/index.html#/0

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
May '15

I don't know Nick, that guy in the sailor suit sure looks shady. ;-)

The only one "shadier" (well, at least beating the heat under a tree), is that soldier with the sword next to that old time flag. ;-)

You captured a few other HL people too.

Thank you so much, Nick Scalera ( it was a pleasure to see you again today) and GC for your great parade pictures. I so enjoyed again this year being part of such a wonderful Memorial Day parade and seeing the streets of Hackettstown filled with people out for the parade and honoring our veterans...

joyful joyful
May '15

wee animal is super cute Ian!

skippy skippy
May '15

It was a beautiful day for another great Hackettstown parade!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '15

That's his sister, weeanimalette, but thank you, Skippy (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '15

weeanimalette is beautiful!

skippy skippy
May '15

Thanks GC & Joyful - much appreciated (it was nice seeing you as well)!

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
May '15

Thanks for sharing the photos! It was a perfect day for the parade. Makes me feel so proud of our town to see all the people who are involved and who make sure to come down every year.

How many HLers have marched in the parade in the past?

I've marched as a Middle School Hackette- with the pom pom routines, remember them? A Girl Scout for years, and Cub Scout helper parent. My kids have marched in band, as scouts, and with D.A.R.E.

hktownie hktownie
May '15

hktownie: I think that our family has been involved with just about every Memorial Day parade for as long as I can remember. Our kids always were marching either with the Colonial Musketeers, a twirler or in the Hackettstown Band, etc. . We have marched with our church, my husband with the Fire Dept and Masons and also with the Scouts. Currently I drive the older vets or the Grand Marshall of the parade in my convertible. My husband is a vet and can no longer walk with the Legion Honor Guard so I drive him as well. Our veterans have such stories to tell and especially the older ones. God Bless our Vets and those currently serving our country and God Bless the U.S.A.

joyful joyful
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.