Recommended Nail Salons in Hackettstown

Searched the forum and most posts talked about what nail salons were open on Sundays.

I would like to know which nail salons you recommend in Hackettstown that do a nice job and are CLEAN. Would like to get my mom a gift certificate for Christmas but have no idea where.

Thanks, everyone!

Jules Jules
Dec '13

This one should help, it's not about Sunday openings and gives the names of places people recommend:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/421776

Thanks GC, but I saw that one too which discusses more of which salons do French manicure gels.

I'd still like recommendations for nail salons that HLifers think do a great job and are clean.

Jules Jules
Dec '13

Town Nails. Only place I go. I don't get manicures though, just pedicures.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '13

Town Nails for me to. But I bring my own stuff.

Christine Christine
Dec '13

Unfortunately, you might just need to try places yourself. Everyone has their own opinion on what's good or not. Personally, I only go to Pure Spa in this area. I went to Town Nails once when I first moved here before I discovered Pure Spa and I wasn't overly impressed. I also mostly get pedicures...

Tracy Tracy
Dec '13

I was underwhelmed by my one pedicure at Pure Spa - and it cost more than I've paid for much better ones in the past

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '13

Another vote for PureSpa, also I just get pedis . . . .

luvlife
Dec '13

It's a stab in the dark, LOL

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Dec '13

Try Lynn's Personal Image in Mansfield (near Kohl's). Very nice people, very clean (I'm super picky about that!) and they do a great job. I've gotten both mani's and pedi's.

MelissaM MelissaM
Dec '13

once you go to Nirvana on 46 in Budd Lake, you will go no where else!!!!!! They take an hour to do pedicures, never rush, never look at the next person coming in, sooooo worth it.

sheryl sheryl
Dec '13

I have always gone to Pure Nail. However, just went tonight with my daughter and I was very disappointed. The owner was distracted. Overcharged me and told me the gift card was expired. I didn't even think it was legal for gift cards to expire in NJ?!?! Could have just been a holiday rush but I wasn't happy and am not sure I'd go back again. Might try someplace new next time....

FrustratedinIndy FrustratedinIndy
Dec '13

I love Pure Spa! They are very clean, very nice and I am always happy with the way my nails come out.

Shotsie girl Shotsie girl
Dec '13

Tulip Nails. ... Ha is the best...been going there for years...She is a pro at what she does.

camille
Dec '13

Too late for Christmas, but Lynn's Personal Image is by far the most sanitary, for anyone who has clean as a priority. And they speak English. So nice for a gift. Not much else to add to that.

I absolutely recommend Tulip Nails. Ha is amazing. She does gorgeous designs by hand! I always get compliments on my nails. She is fast and very thorough!!

Susan2014 Susan2014
Jan '14

I tried Pure Spa a couple years ago after recommendations here. I didn't care for it.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Maja, I ended up getting the gift card to Lynn's...once Mom uses it, I'll report back! :)

Jules Jules
Jan '14

I use to like Pure Spa but they seem to have gone down hill lately. My new fav has been Nirvana in Budd Lake. Love the way Kay & Sook do nails and the pedis are wonderful. Biggest plus for me is they're clean and sanitary.

Great in the meadows Great in the meadows
Jan '14

I like Pure Spa- very clean and no problems - but if they are too busy and the manager does your pedi, she doesn't do as thorough a job as the other girls do. So now I stalk them and drive by to see how busy they are instead of making an appt. Maybe I'll try Nirvana next time just to check it out.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '14

Looma Spa in Ledgewood! Wouldnt go anywhere else.

Town Nails is the best. Their pedicures are off the hook and they do nice manicures too. Very clean, very nice. And not for nothin, but they're nice to each other. The owner and her sister are the main manicure people, but the other women they hire to do pedicures, etc. are very good too and they all seem to genuinely like each other and treat each other well. I've been to a couple of other salons in the area where this is most definitely not the case.

Kdub - Well said. I totally agree!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

FYI, Pure Spa is currently closed on Sundays for the month of January...found that out this morning when DH gave me the morning off from baby duty. :o(

Tracy Tracy
Jan '14

Went to Purespa today since it has been a while for me. I was happy to see that they recently put in all new pedi chairs and tubs , new tops for the mani tables , all new chairs and have painted. Service was very good for both mani and pedi.

BrandyB BrandyB
Dec '14

Sharons on main st. Hack. Across from Home Towne Hrdw. Ask for Rosanne.

fitter fitter
Dec '14

Don't know which thread I should post this on so I picked this one instead of making a whole new thread.. Here's my question.. Did I get ripped off?

I had a gift certificate that said " for manicure& pedicure" in the amount column it had $35-

I got a regular Pedicure with a French tip polish
I then got a gel manicure with French tip polish

With my gift certificate I still had to pay $35
does that seem right?

They told me that gel manicure regularly costs $40 and a pedicure $35
I tried to argue that the mani/pedi that was written together on the certificate had a total cost of $35
Thoughts?

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '15

If you get a plain old manicure ($12) and pedicure ($25) it is usually a deal of $35, that's usually a basic mani/pedi with plain color nail polish.
French they usually charge $5 more for each manicure and pedicure.

If you asked for the gel manicure, then yes I think you should of been charged for it and the french. But I think they definitely should of told you that it would of cost more if that's what you asked for, or if they suggested it they should of let you know it would cost more than your gift certificate.

That seems about right. Your gift certificate was for the bare bones mani pedi. Adding french is always extra, usually 5 or 10 each for hands and feet. Gel polish is much more than regular polish as it takes longer and also lasts longer. Just like with everything, the extras really add up. Sounds like you got a really nice treatment and it was only $ 35 out of pocket!

No Thank You No Thank You
Sep '15

I thought I would just be paying the additional $5 for French mani/pedi & whatever the extra cost it is to put the gel coat on

Either way it was nice not to have to pay $70 which is what the total cost would have been

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.