Siamese Breeders

Anybody have any experience with a Siamese breeder in NJ, eastern PA or southern NY?

I am considering getting a seal point kitten and am looking for opinions on reputable breeders.

Thanks for any help.

* Disclaimer - I currently have two rescue cats and a rescue dog and have had many other rescues in the past. Therefore, I don't need to be told that there are animals in shelters who need homes.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

There is a lady who advertises all kinds of Siamese kittens on WRNJ Radio
every few months. Wanda can give you her # at 850-1000. I believe she charges
$500.00 but you could check that out with her.

Dolores Dolores
Oct '12

I just googled (yes I did) seal point kittens and they are soooooooo cute and precious.
Hope you get one.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

Very beautiful cats, but in my limited experience, i have found Siamese cats to have a really lousy disposition, lol. Hissing, spitting, and just overall unpleasant to be around...

ianimal ianimal
Oct '12

Ianimal- That won't be accepted in their house...all their pets are very well behaved.

Nosila Nosila
Oct '12

Good call on the disclaimer...dont want people around here thinking your heartless or something because you want what you want.

tfulp tfulp
Oct '12

Calico you have mail :) and I too googled after....I believe she may have what your looking for good luck!!

Cherie Cherie
Oct '12

Cherie - Got your email, thanks. I will call her.

tfulp - I know, right? I have always wanted a Siamese. This will most likely be the last pet I get, (LOL I said that about my 2 yr. old cat Oliver), so it's probably now or never.

I have also perused the Siamese rescue sites and unfortunately, they are all either really old or not really Siamese.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

Calico, I think the term "Siamese" has gone out of acceptable usage... call them "conjoined" cats, please... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '12

I have a seal point..a friend of mine found a litter of kittens up in sparta and brought me down my little "Bimbo" I had no idea what kind of cat is was until I brought him to the vet to get fixed and was told what type of breed he was.. My mother wanted to find a female to breed with before I got him fixed because they are such unusual cats and many people have asked.. like a good pet owner I nipped that idea in the bud real quick.. I warn you...before the snip this kitty was a screamer..he meowed so loud and for so long with a deep howl I swore it was a human talking....now he's just chill...

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '12

We have had Siamese cats forever. Yes they are very talkative, but I have always found them to be more like a puppy cat. They love human contact and want to be with you. They are very smart. Seal points are beautiful!

Mansfield5 Mansfield5
Oct '12

I will ask my mother because she has one and had several when she was younger as well. I absolutely love this cat, her's is very quiet and is the perfect lap cat. Now on the other hand it is ALWAYS cold and sleeps on a heating pad because there isn't much to the cat. Be warned that Siamese cats are generally VERY vocal and loud, my mom just happened to get lucky w/the last one.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Oct '12

My first cat was a seal point. She was very beautiful and wonderful. Yes, she meowed, but it was more of a talking to you than anything else. She was a rescue (someone was looking for a home for her).

Loved her very much. She was a great cat and companion.

True story - one summer she got out of the house and got lost. We had only been living at that location for a short time, so she was not familiar with the area. I posted ads in the paper (before internet), put up flyers around the area and checked out every lead. Could not find her and thought we lost her for ever. 2 months later, after a day that I had walked home from work (about a mile away), we hear a meowing at the front door in the middle of the night. Opened the door and sure enough it was our Cleo, coming home. We checked her out and she was in better condition than she was when she left. Nails clipped, new flea collar... it was clear that she had been picked up by someone and kept as their own. She must have gotten out and picked up my scent in the area. Was very happy to get her back, but we had to ask her if she was treated so well, why did she come back... LOL...

Absolutely loved that cat and love cats with true personalities...

Coralie Coralie
Oct '12

H-town Mama..I love the term puppy-cat, so cute. @Calico..good luck getting that new kitty you want..Oliver needs a friend.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '12

We had two siamese from the same litter, brother and sister, .. each a treasure in their own way. However, we lost the boy last year, cancer, and sister has been looking for him since. She is now 11 years old. We wonder what would happen if we brought a new one if she would except it or be just the opposite, .. Anyone with experience in this?

boobalaa boobalaa
Oct '12

Carolyn at Distinguished Dog on Main St. (908)852-3933. She's been breeding them for awhile & they're beautiful. Good luck.

great in the meadows great in the meadows
Oct '12

Awhile ago I admired a wonderful male Siamese cat of Carolyn's at Distinguished Dog on Main St. in her shop. Sometimes her cats escape from the back room and wander into the store. I believe she breeds/sells these cats domestically and internationally. However, the cat I admired was hers and not for sale. I would recommend her and give her a call.

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '12

Thanks everyone. I have already been in touch with Carolyn and will be stopping in to meet her and some kitties tomorrow. :)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

Calico, I am so jealous. I would love to have a Siamese cat. Good luck!

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '12

Re: Siamese Breeders

Sorry, I don't know any Siamese breeders in the area but I couldn't resist sharing this photo of our Lynx Point Siamese, Frankie. Interestingly enough, he was a rescue. :-)

TinaC TinaC
Oct '12

Calico, how'd it go with the breeder?

TinaC, Frankie is a beautiful cat .

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '12

Beautiful TinaC.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

Frankie is beautiful!

Bessie Bessie
Oct '12

Tina - He's a beauty.

We met some very cute kitties at Carolyn's on Saturday. After talking it over, we are interested in adopting a female who is currently 6 weeks old. I have a call into Carolyn to "reserve" her. Hope nobody else has yet. It will still be awhile before we can get her, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

TinaC, that's a fine looking cat.

Calico, thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to seeing a photo in the future. :)

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '12

I just read that Carolyn passed away yesterday. This is from Common Sense for Animals FB page:

Unfortunately and with another saddened heart, CSA and I have lost a great friend and supporter. Carolyn O'Rourke un-expectantly died Wednesday, at her place(Cabryn Poodles) in Hackettstown, NJ. Carolyn bred over 118 Grand Champion poodles(Toys, Minnie's and Standards) and is known around the world for her dogs. Carolyn is a CSA Trustee and benefactor. Every year she donated several poodle pups to CSA as a fund raiser and we turned these into Thousands of dollars for the benefit of the shelter and unwanted pets.

Carolyn was an extremely generous person and every year she brought me boxes of tooth brushes, toothpaste, school materials, shoes, boots, sneakers, etc. which I sent to the rain forest(Peru), Dominican Republic and American Indians. She also donated to many of the needy, especially children. Every Christmas she would buy up to 15 bicycles for distribution. Carolyn was a master shopper and bought everything on sale.
Carolyn O'Rourke is truly a unique person that words can not define, she has many friends, a close family, including grandchildren. I consider myself lucky to have been her friend and to have had her on the Board of CSA. We all love and miss Carolyn. Dr. Robert R Blease, CSA President

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '13

I'm interested in adopting Sabrina's mom Isis. If anyone can help with contact info I would appreciate it.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '13

The nomenclature is antiquated. They are now known as Conjoined Surrogates, not Siamese Breeders.

Calico, thanks for posting that Carolyn O'Rourke passed away. I wouldn't have known otherwise and am saddened by this news.

Chickadee Chickadee
Sep '13

I was in to see Carolyn just two weeks ago. This is just shocking. She will be missed.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '13

Pat is still in the shop nearly every day. She has all kinds of information on siamese breeders. The good reputible kind. I know that she can and will "hook you up".

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Sep '13

I have a friend who is looking for a Siamese kitten. She saw a pic of Sabrina on my Facebook page and inquired where I got her. I told her that unfortunately Carolyn had passed away. Does anyone know if Pat is doing breeding anymore or know of any other fairly local breeders? I went by the shop a couple weeks ago and it was closed, basically empty and for sale. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

Hmmm. I thought they still had a kitten or two, and definitely the parents, when I went in to see Pat to give her my condolences. Have you tried to call the number? Maybe the phone is forwarded to Pat.

Is the building for sale I wonder, or the space just for rent?

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Rebecka - I saw a for sale sign. I actually spoke to Carolyn's son and daughter about a month ago in an attempt to find Sabrina's mother Isis. Strangely enough, they had no idea who Isis was. Additionally, they said they only had a male kitten at that time. I will try calling the number tomorrow.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

There are alot of Siamese cat rescues also....

josepcan josepcan
Nov '13

Siamese breeders conjures up a new definition for dual purpose......

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '13

I got in touch with Carolyn's daughter and she does have a couple kittens for sale. I forwarded her info to my friend. Additionally, she finally tracked down Isis. She was adopted by a family from Flemington. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.