PT for neck issues

Need PT for neck pain due to age, compression. shrinking, arthritis and again age.

Looking to avoid a steroid shot, not even considering surgery and chiropractor route is not for me. With so many PT practices in the area, need suggestions on who is great for neck pain/working on core strength to regain alignment to better support the neck/head but not via intensive/aggressive therapy. I need to do this at a moderate level.

Orthopedic Dr. gave a list of practices that specialize in cervical/neck issues, but none are in Warren County or even nearby Morris/Sussex practices.

TY, TY

Three Bees Plus Three Bees Plus
Mar '24

Hi, my issues weren't as bad as yours but I couldn't move my head from side to side. I went to physical therapy plus in Washington on rt 31. My therapist was Renee. It took four months and times I thought this isn't going to work but it did. Must do the exercises,etc she gives you as homework. Made a world of difference. I highly recommend her. This was a few years ago but I'm sure she's still there

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Mar '24

I just checked, she's still there

https://ptplusnj.com/staff/

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Mar '24

I go right to the hospital in Hackettstown - many times, when you go to a hospital for PT, there is no charge. I have also been to Morristown for same and no charge. You would have to check with your insurance, though.

Subaru Subaru
Mar '24

Have you tried a chiropractor?

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '24

I went to Kessler in Hackettstown and they were very good. I went for my shoulder, though, I'm sure they're just as good with the neck.

Joyce Joyce
Mar '24

Question...Can you just go to PT or do you need a script from a doctor?

htownlifer htownlifer
Mar '24

You can go without a prescription.

Kessler on rt 57 in Mansfield. Excellent!

Christina Christina
Mar '24

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: PT for neck issues
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.