Assisted Living Community

Recommendations for an assisted living facility for my father in law. He is wheel chair bound. Already looked at Paragon and Heath. Any reviews of House of Good Shephard, Colonial Manor, or others? Thanks!

My father-in-law was in Colonial Manor (Panther Valley location) in 2015/2016. We were very pleased with the accommodations, activities and care.

Big Al: My mom lived in Paragon Vlg independently until she fell. She was in & out of rehab facilities in the area for 6 months until she passed. She was in Heath Vlg and House of the Good Shepard for rehab, where we feel she was taken care of the best. Paragon was okay when she was in independent , they don't seem to have enough staff in assisted living to meet the needs of the residents.

Having just looked at AL in the Princeton area for my mom....
IF the person is able to tour that is best scenario. I used "A Place for Mom" for recommendations. You give them criteria + zip code and they generate a list. You have to contact each place, but it takes any AL that is not in the criteria needed off the list. Just an idea...we toured 7 places in central NJ.

WHAT I thought would be a good fit was not my mom's idea.... she chose the one that she "saw" herself living at. So far...so good!

Paragon Village a a great experience for my family. I don’t think Colonial Manor excepts wheelchairs. House of the Good Shepard requires a large amount of money up front and you always need to be financially qualified. I don’t recommend using a place for mom. They only refer to places where they have a contract.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Assisted Living Community
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.