Venting 2024

Might as well get the ball rolling! LOL.
Was looking for a job on here and that admin job posted looks awfully suspicious.
That's it. Just figured it's a slow burn type of vent to start.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '24

Can't edit my post, but - 7figureflipping is a dot com, not dot net - so right there, it's sus. Plus, why post on a little town's website and not anywhere on the internet? etc. Just don't want anyone to fall for sending out any personal info. That's all.
Have a good weekend!

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '24

I noticed that ad as well and I too thought it was fraudulent. At least it's not one of the duct cleaning, car detailing, garage door repair, Internet access, my son has autism buy this shirt scam you see plastered all the time on FB.LOL

Those are automated bots that post that crap, it's all over on many many places. That guy is a real guy trying to sell you on flipping houses. And making him the money, not really you. It's not much different than those old infomercial guys.

(no difference between high level domains by the way - there is no rule about who can/can't get them)

I'll bring up the Purple and Pink pillow ad re appearing on the Classifieds lol! This is just so weird to me - vent over :)

Illo
Jan '24

SO sick of every commercial on TV are for medications (or vaccinations).

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '24

Over half the drugs and supplements aren't approved by the food and drug administration. How are they allowed to sell them ??

Bob K. Bob K.
Jan '24

That's just one of the many reasons we got rid of TV years ago.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '24

IMO, it's the drug names that drive me wild. Incomprehensible, indecipherable, ungroundable, with letters than just don't belong together in the English language.

Plus, being in a business offering new products, we could pay six-digits or more to find a new, safe, name. So, I guarantee these things cost a lot of money.

I take one that's ten years old and no one can still pronounce it correctly. Including me.

babbit babbit
Jan '24

When big Pharma spends 6.8 billion a year on advertising and another 375 million on "lobbying" in Washington, the most by any industry, I'm surprised there are any other commercials on TV. We too dumped network television some time ago.

When just 4 big pharma companies raked in over 90 billion on the scamdemic alone and counting, why not plaster their products to the American people ad nauseum and buy the providers - can you say Perdue Pharma -Sackler family?

It's perhaps the largest ongoing con job in society today. Other than well you know, the Rich Men North of Richmond....LOL

Why can't I watch a playoff football game with my 10-year old son without having to worry about him asking me what "erectile dysfunction" is?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '24

Speaking of the big pharma commercials: How come they can't lower prices but can afford big singing and dancing commercials constantly? I can do without that. Plus, the 'ask your doctor' lines. Yeah. Never had my doctor ask for my opinion or take one.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '24

My vent is that ianimal's son is 10 already! Dang, we're all getting old fast!

Maja2 Maja2
Jan '24

Also, don't forget the USA and NZ are the only countries in which it's legal for drug companies to market their products directly to consumers.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '24

How about not being able to watch playoff football without subscribing to peacock streaming network?

Consigliere
Jan '24

I read somewhere recently that the singer/dancer who does the Jardian (?) commercial was a contestant on The Voice but didn't win. Know who I mean?

just really SOOO sick of medication commercials!!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '24

Yes, Hackresident, i know who you mean. I usually mute the TV as soon as that comes on and fast-forward through it if it's a show on my DVR. The mute button is a great invention. I use it often.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jan '24

LoL Maja, I just had the same reaction! 10 years old already! Wow! :)

Re: Venting 2024

He's definitely growing up fast...

ianimal ianimal
Jan '24

I've really come to dislike the word "probably." It doesn't inspire much confidence, especially regarding test results.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Jan '24

My vent: When did the meaning of a Yield sign and Stop sign change? For many, now approaching a yield sign means speed up to get in front of cars already on the roadway. Stop signs now mean, apply break for a second then “gun it” to jump out in front of oncoming cars. This ME FIRST mentality is not only very dangerous but aggravating as hell.

Just wondering Just wondering
Jan '24

After a long respite, a couple years I think, suddenly someone is tossing that awful Warren Reporter thing in my driveway again. Why?

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Feb '24

Amazon Prime streaming movies and shows: now a $2.99/month extra to watch without ads (like it used to be). Cancelling, I'm not paying for Bezos' $500 million new yacht.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '24

I see there is a S.T.E.A.M. meeting at the library today. I scratch my head every time I see info for STEAM. Years ago, it started out as STEM and was meant to introduce kids (teens?) to the science and technology fields. I believe it was mostly aimed at getting more females into those fields. It seems to me that adding Arts is totally the opposite of the original intent.

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Mar '24

Farmer Jake…. Well I went to college for Art spent 10 years in the career in that time I found my creativity made me a dam good engineer. So yes having artist talk to scientists and engineers might be a good thing… note I am computer engineer with now 25 plus years experience so yes as a engineer you need think and work out side of a box which all comes from creative side. Engineers and scientists get to focused and can’t see the trees in a forest.

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Mar '24

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.