String of lights in the sky over Hackettstown

String of lights in the sky over Hackettstown

Did anyone else see the string of lights go over town from West to East around 6 pm? They were individual lights but the cellphone photo doesn’t show that. They were not moving fast. I at first thought they were a meteor.

Mr. 4Paws Mr. 4Paws
Nov '23

YES, I saw, it too!!! And I'm in Long Valley, on the mountain. I was walking my dog around this same time and stopped in my tracks wondering WHAT is that?!?!?

And yes, what I saw was individual lights, not connected as the cell phone picture makes it appear.

Most likely a Starlink Satellite train.

I saw this over the summer on Lake Hopatcong. Really cool and I had never heard of it before.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Nov '23

These are Elon Musk’s Star Link Satellites. Supposedly, we should be able to see many of these moving 18,000 miles an hour in clusters. It’s part of the Space X Project .
Thank you for posting the sighting Mr. 4Paws!

Spring fever Spring fever
Nov '23

Didn’t know about the Starlink satellite train. Bet that is what it was! Neat to see! Thanks for the explanation!!

Mr. 4Paws Mr. 4Paws
Nov '23

Mr. 4Paws, I know you are a train enthusiast, so now you have an entirely different type of train to explore.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Nov '23

findstarlink.com.....

Tells you when Starlink is visible in your area, what direction it will be traveling and what time is best to see it

happycamper happycamper
Nov '23

The starlink train will be visible the next few nights right around 6 for this area. Always fun to see the train while they are still grouped up.

UniquePebbles UniquePebbles
Nov '23

Saw them tonight. They were much more separated than last night. Thanks for the heads up UniquePebbles!

Mr. 4Paws Mr. 4Paws
Nov '23

I saw it too. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It was fun to see.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Nov '23

Re: String of lights in the sky over Hackettstown

We saw them too in independence township

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: String of lights in the sky over Hackettstown
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.