Stuffed two headed calf

Hey old timers does anyone remember or know the whereabouts of the stuffed, two headed calf that was once on display at Dad and Lads?

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Mar '23

Wow, I remember that when I was a little kid. Always creeped me out. Maybe Dad gave it to his lad. Just kidding :) I wonder what did happen to it. Hmmm

auntiel auntiel
Mar '23

two heads are better than one!

bflat4u bflat4u
Mar '23

we have to put our heads together to figure this out!!!!!

bflat4u bflat4u
Mar '23

maybe they just went their separate ways?

bflat4u bflat4u
Mar '23

Please, people... conjoined bovine.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '23

My son says he remembers a catdog, but no bovines

eapos eapos
Mar '23

Re: Stuffed two headed calf

hmmm

bflat4u bflat4u
Mar '23

I remember the stuffed mounted two headed calf at the Dad & Lad clothing store. That was a popular taxidermy gimmick by companies that made deer mounts for hunters. Taxidermists made all types of odd mounts including Jackalopes. Here is a picture of a stuffed two headed calf. To take this a bit further who remembers the man out along Rt 46 near Pequest who ran a carnival sideshow business. He would buy any odd livestock from local farmers like Chickens with two heads or animals that were abnormal.The animals would be part of his sideshow business.

Duke
Mar '23

thanks Duke, you just ruined my childhood belief systems....now I don't know what is fact and what is fiction.

bflat4u bflat4u
Mar '23

Interesting. I never put much thought into it but I guess I figured the two headed animals were glued and stapled together from two separate animals. I never considered they were conjoined births.

Consigliere
Mar '23

Duke- I remember going to that place with my dad and seeing a 2 headed calf. Mid 50s I think. Believe it was just west of the hatchery entrance on 46.

Indie Indie
Mar '23

The stuffed, two headed calf at Dad & Lad was becoming moth eaten. It was given to Wild West City.
thanks for remembering
Lad

michael weiss
Mar '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.