Fuel oil prices 2022

Buy any oil lately?

Indie Indie
Sep '22

Last week 162.6 gallons heating oil, total $741.46.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Sep '22

Ouch!

$4/gallon - Liberty

162.6 for 741.46 -> 4.56/gallon

djdowd djdowd
Sep '22

Liberty delivered 200 gallons today at $3.99 = $799.80

It's going to be a very cold winter!!!

Dadof3
Sep '22

liberty seems to have the best prices around.hackettstown oil always seems to be fifty cents more a gallon then liberty.they will not match libertys price

REIS Fuel Oil always seem to me to have the best prices. They always have a coupon in the money mailer this month is $15.00 off. 973-397-5416

It would be wise to keep tanks topped off these are uncertain times.

$4.15/gallon - North Jersey (9/22 in Independence)

theolgamer theolgamer
Sep '22

liberty oil $3.99 today

I’m thinking the prices may stay level or go down some till Nov. elections then go up.
( usually my guesses are wrong) we’ll see.

Indie Indie
Sep '22

Todays price for Reis Fuel is $3.99 a gallon credit or check, if you want to pay cash you can save an additional five cents per gallon and there are coupons in the money mailer.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Sep '22

CODoil.com is at $4.04/gallon and is offering 10 cents off per gallon by using promo code EMPRE. Offer good though 9/30.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '22

Liberty. 2 weeks ago $3.99/ this week $4.99/.

Indie Indie
Oct '22

Good god. I wonder if the price has ever fallen $1 in 2 weeks

Philliesman Philliesman
Oct '22

It's gonna go higher. $4.99 will seem like a bargain soon. Glad I filled up at $3.94.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '22

—sobbing uncontrollably—

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '22

I ordered 180 gallons in Sept. paid $816.. versus $398. for 160 gallons in 2021.
Yes prices will likely spiike up $1. to $2. per gallon.come December I am almost 80 and cant continue to pay Hack Oil top $$, as I will need 6 more deliveries in winter. thanks folks for posting the prices, please do that again in Nov & Dec.

Toni J Torchia Toni J Torchia
Oct '22

Hackettstown Oil this morning $4.99 for house fuel

Bernie Bernie
Oct '22

Liberty. 5.29/ today.

Indie Indie
Oct '22

Just got my gold tank filled. $640.00 for 125 gallons. Paid $5.10 gallon. Ouch. It’s gonna be a cold house this year.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '22

Hackettstown Oil is $5.09 gal
ITS A SHAME!
And we thought the past years were bad

pizzaguy
Oct '22

Region just delivered ours today at $6.49 a gallon :/

Katie Katie
Oct '22

Katie-Region/Petro are the worst, they say they are higher because they are a full service company. Can’t justify Paying $1+ more per gallon plus the cost of the service contract. I would call and argue the price they charged for your delivery all the time and eventually just canceled.

Bentley
Oct '22

just paid $4.90 cash for oil at REIS oil in Budd lake.. dropped money off and delivery set for tomorrow...

scoop scoop
Oct '22

Liberty now $5.69/ gal.

Indie Indie
Oct '22

Hack. Oil is now $5.29 gal

pizzaguy
Oct '22

Hack. Oil at $5.55 gal

pizzaguy
Oct '22

21 day supply of heating oil. Keep those tanks topped off!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-13/heating-oil-supplies-perilously-low-in-us-heading-into-winter

First line in the article. "This winter is shaping up to be the costliest for heating in a generation -- especially for households in the US Northeast that must burn oil to stay warm."

Well done. Completely avoidable.

Sweater up, big time.

11/4/22, Liberty $5.49, H-Town $5.39. Not much change since 10/17.

Bruin Bruin
Nov '22

Reis Fuel Budd Lake is $5.30 per gallon today

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Nov '22

I guess we can be thankful for the warm weather....for now.

"I guess we can be thankful for the warm weather....for now."

I've never wanted a warm winter before now....................

First time in a couple of months the price is below the $4 mark, Liberty is now at $3.99. With WTI crude trading at $75 as of today, and OPEC+ delaying further cuts to production, we should be trending downward a couple more weeks. (world crisis would change that trend immed of course).

If anything, this thread is a good journal of the up's and downs of prices since September 2022.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Dec '22

Thanks for the update. Just needs to drop another $2

Philliesman Philliesman
Dec '22

The drop continues, Liberty Oil "down" to $3.79 today. Oil market is stable at $75 WTI crude per barrel.

Dec '22

Wow so $1.50-$2,00/gallon less than some posters paid in October. On a 200+ gallon fill up that’s a significant savings.

Consigliere
Dec '22

Just heard Biden saying how these are the biggest drops ever!

ole' timer
Dec '22

Moron also said something similar about unemployment. After the plandemic destroyed the economy

Philliesman Philliesman
Dec '22

liberty oil at 3.79. hackettstown oil is 60 cents more a gallon.is hackettstown oil selling a better quality oil the everbody else

Had delivery yesterday from Liberty Oil and I have a contract saying it will never exceed $5.99 and for contract customers sold at market price . Yesterday's delivery was $5.359 per gallon and my bill was for $874.05...I am reading now that liberty oil was supposed to be at 3.79 yesterday...

joyful joyful
Dec '22

Reis Fuel from Budd Lake is also at $3.79 per gallon, have been for a couple days now.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Dec '22

me! YES Hackettstown Oil is a better grade of oil. Like when you fill your car up there are better grades of oil.

Bernie Bernie
Dec '22

bernie are you saying i should not consider lower cost then what hackettstown oil is selling.is liberty oil not a good quality oil.will cheaper oils harm my burner.

ME! cheaper oils (gasoline) will hurt your car engine (in time).

purchased house oil will mean you have to buy more oil in the long run.

Bernie Bernie
Dec '22

does anybody know what grade heating oil liberty oil and hackettstown oil are selling

Interesting claim about the quality of oil being sold by Liberty Oil and Hackettstown Oil. Bernie, do you have first hand knowledge of the grade of oil that each company is selling? That is information that would be important to back up your theory.

Dec '22

The Rhyme Animal Please understand that I have NOTHING to do with any of these business.

I just know that all these house oil companys have different grades. You pay for what you get. Just like when you purchase gasoline for your car. Which gas station do you go too and why???

Bernie Bernie
Dec '22

The only issue I'm aware of myself is how low the tank is when fuel oil is delivered . I always shut the burner off for at least two hours because if the oil level is low the new incoming oil can get stir up sludge at the tank's bottom and clog the filter . Kappers when they were in business used to put the rumor out that their more costly prices were because their oil was a higher grade . I switched to the less costly Mayberrys at the time and noticed no difference .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Dec '22

bernie are you saying that hackettstown oil is selling a better grade of oil because there price is higher,do you know that for a fact or are you just speculating.

I don’t not use heating oil and therefore don’t know the validity of the different grade claim. The other claim made by the same poster is that different brand gas stations use higher/lower quality gasoline. That is incorrect.

As far as the “grades” go on gasoline, it’s measured in octane. 99.9% of gas station carry the same octane-rated product. 87, 89 and 93. The gas is all the same “grade.” The only difference, if there is any, between brands is the additives *some* brands put into the gas. The additive Techron, for example, is supposed to clean your injectors/fuel system. Whether that’s true or not, I cannot say.

While it’s true that certain a OCTANE can harm your car (BMW/Audi/Mercedes/VW call for 91 min octane) the claims that certain brand gas can hurt your car and that there are higher and lower “grades” of gas is false. Additives? Yes. Quality of 87 octane from Shell vs Jersey gas is the same. It comes from the exact same source. I’d bet the same is true for home heating oil.

Consigliere
Dec '22

I bet ur right Consig.

ole' timer
Dec '22

There ARE different grades of fuel oil, from No. 1 to No. 6. However, all residential heating oil is No. 2, which isn't fundamentally different from diesel fuel.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '22

All #2 oil is the same. Transportation costs may change the cost but that’s it. Bulk oil prices change almost daily.

Indie Indie
Dec '22

Ianimal, I have been told same thing that heating oil and diesel are very similar when I ran out once over 25 years ago, I was told to go buy some diesel at the station that will work until I could get filled up.

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Dec '22

# 2 is diesel with red dye in it. #2 has no road tax in it. If caught using #2 in car= big fine.

ole' timer
Dec '22

I think off road diesel is closer to home heating oil...it has no additives...a tractor trailer might get caught cheating on diesel but nobody checks diesal pick ups

Bug3
Dec '22

Actually pick ups get checked more often than you think. Particularly the diesel trucks with the tank and pump in the bed. Many contractors have this set up for heavy equipment like loaders, backhoes, and such. Its very tempting to fill the vehicle from that because of the savings However the dye lingers for quite some time and if caught the savings are out the window.

Consigliere: You are correct, Octane is Octane and the difference between gas stations is top tier or not top tier. Top tier gas has additives that clean your injectors and fuel systems. The manuals for HONDA and some other makers say to use "top tier" gas.

According to a friend of mine who is a HONDA mechanic claims he can definitely see a difference between engines he works on that use top tier gas or not.

Bernie Bernie
Dec '22

There are some differences in Fuel Oils and diesel fuels. Home heating can have sulfur in it which is not good for diesel powered vehicles. Newer vehicles require ultra low sulfur fuels including off road vehicles and your newer lawn mowers/garden tractors that run on diesel.
Some differences in price are because one place has new trucks and have to cover the costs of those new trucks.
You do need to watch our for companies that sell fuel at noticeably low prices compared to others as they may be selling reclaimed fuel oil. This is fuel oils that are pumped out of tanks when people are converting to Gas heat and is sold.
Gasoline is another story all together as there are many grades. The main thing is "top tier" and non top tier. Top Tier gas will cause your vehicle to run cleaner and give you better mileage.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Dec '22

Top tier gas stations use detergents and additives. The base gas is exactly the same as any other station. It comes from the same refineries and distribution hubs. You will not damage your engine or fuel system with lower priced brands as long as you’re using the correct octane as specified by your vehicles manufacturer. Ive done lots of research on this topic and have never seen evidence that top tier gas gives you better mileage.

Consigliere
Dec '22

Yep, the basic difference is a quart of concentrated additives added to a 10,000 gallon tanker.

iJay, any idea what I could add to non-top tier gas to make it top tier?

ole' timer
Dec '22

Just use a bottle of Techron by Chevron every few tank fills and you'll be good to go.

Or just buy top tier gas at virtually the same price or less .

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Dec '22

$3.74 at Liberty today.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '22

$3.99 at hackettstown oil today.i believe hackettstown oil has the highest prices in the area.

Liberty Oil went down to $3.74 a couple of days ago. WTI crude futures are up almost $3 today in a volatile market. I expect that we have hit the low point of prices for this week and likely the price will be back up to $3.79 in the next day or 2, if not higher.

Hackettstown Oil must be selling that super high grade heating oil! ; )

Dec '22

Liberty Oil $3.84, price will trend higher rest of the week.

Dec '22

When I last had my Furnace cleaned, he asked where I get my oil because it was very clean (Htwn oil)

Bentley
Dec '22

$3.97 for Liberty Oil- 12/15/22. In just a few days a .23 cent price jump which costs you an extra $46 for 200 gallons if you order today vs. Tuesday. I don't see the market going below $3.50 per gallon for heating oil at any point this winter. If you can wait until next week, we may see a price dip then again.

Dec '22

So two days ago I placed an order with Liberty at 3.79 a gallon. Sent me my order confirmation, and said that we would not be getting our oil until at least Wednesday the 29th, but more than likely possibly on Thursday the 30th. I called this morning and told them that we were under a quarter tank, and I would be willing to pay extra for an emergency delivery. They told me that they are not doing any more emergency deliveries this week. So I canceled my order, and I called Jason at Reis oil. I got him on the phone personally, he insured me that he would be here on Monday, and, he could deliver emergency oil, but I will be good until then, so don’t waste the extra money. He’s a great guy, and he told me that he will always answer to help his customers, not like the bigger companies. He’s right in Budd Lake too! 862-254-2293

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Dec '22

Any recent coupon codes for liberty discount fuel? They are lowest price per gallon today. I usually order from Reis.TIA

As expected, with WTI crude up near $80 barrel, heating oil also has come back up. Liberty is up to $4.14 today per gallon. If you missed early last weeks $3.79, you are now going to be paying $70 more for that 200 gallon delivery today.

Oil prices are in a bit of a stalemate right now. I expect crude to stay around the $80 per barrel level for a couple weeks, so expect to pay ballpark $4-$4.25 per gallon for heating oil the next couple of weeks, at least into mid January.

And, gas prices, if you have not noticed, are no longer going down, we probably have seen the end of the temporary $2.XX price for now in our area. Prices for gas should creep up to around $3.20 again soon enough.

Dec '22

To Rhyme Animal's point, and beyond, unfortunately, several Hackettstown gas stations now have prices in the 3.30s.

Route 46
Dec '22

Yesterday, EXXON on Rt 57 was 2.97.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Dec '22

They say there is a 4 week lag between crude prices and what we pay. Right now, four weeks back is when crude dipped to about $70 per barrel. If this is true, we should see a dip in fuel oil by Tuesday next week before going back up a bit. I’m hoping on this to order oil!

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Dec '22

Liberty Oil jumped to $4.14 last night

Jeanne D. Jeanne D.
Dec '22

Found out from Jason at REIS that if you pay in cash, you get a 20% discount. So if you can swing the cash, it's definitely worth it!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Dec '22

REIS phone number, please

Just looked on line and Reis fuel is $3.99 a gal. Can save an additional 3 cents for paying cash.
1-862-254-2293

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Jan '23

I received a delivery last Friday from HACKETTSTOWN OIL and it was $4.17. I guess it has dropped some.

Bernie Bernie
Jan '23

Reis Fuel is listed at $3.91 per gallon this morning. If you have the Money Mailer coupon, you can save an additional $15 for existing customers and $20 for new Customers.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Jan '23

Oil Delivery from Region Oil was $5.609 a gallon for a total amount due for delivery of $866.59 for 154.5 gal...yesterday...January 4th.

joyful joyful
Jan '23

Liberty is at $3.97.

A search for a website for Reis Fuel turned up this.....

https://www.nj.com/morris/2020/02/owner-of-heating-oil-company-took-out-531k-in-fraudulent-loans-in-identity-theft-scheme.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '23

I saw the same article that Calico references above a couple weeks ago, when I did the same thing as she did when hearing the name Reis Oil for the first time. I googled it. I came across the same article, but did not want to post that article at that time.

I was going to write something about "be careful" a couple weeks ago, etc, but dug in a little more. Looks like the gentleman and former owner Mario has passed on in 2021. I am guessing the son, Jason, who has been named in a few above posts as helpful to customers, is the probable owner of the business now.

I would file this under "Lets not punish the son for the sins of the father".

Thus far, seems Jason has been named as helpful to 2 people here thus far. Hope he continues that success.

Jan '23

I too saw the article and began as a customer with them before that was published. I am still a customer. They have been great to me and will continue to use them. They have saved me quite a bit over the years.
Todays price on oil from them is $3.89 a gallon.
When I had my furnace cleaned last year, I was told it really didn't need it as it was clean.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Jan '23

I’ve bought oil many times from Reis fuel through the years. He’s a great guy,good prices and delivers within 1-2 days. I definitely recommend him.

Anyone know where I can buy pump kerosene? Thanks.

I think jersey gas and great meadows has kerosene

Bug3
Jan '23

Thanks!

Someone put an ad in the classifieds here for Region Oil at 6.04 a gallon . Can that be right when Liberty is 3.39 and Hackettstown Oil is about the same with the 15 dollar discount . If true that's flat out highway robbery !

Reis Oil from Budd Lake just went to $3.42 per gallon. If you are an existing customer you can get $10 off a 150 gallon order with the Valpak coupon. If you are a new customer it's $20 off.
(862) 294-3871 or www.ReisFuel.com

Been using them for years and no issues. I used to be a Hackettstown Oil Customer

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
February 9th

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Fuel oil prices 2022
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.