RIP Duke (Lester Snyder)

RIP Duke (Lester Snyder). I am so sorry for your loss Joy (Joyful). I’ve known him all my life. He was a wonderful man and an asset to our little town of Hackettstown. I will miss him.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '22

Lester was a character and an amazing humanitarian all wrapped in one. He was tirelessly involved in all of the Legion, KofC, and Mason's. Not to mention a Korean War Vet.

He will be very badly misses. Sorry to hear the crick finally did rise.....

Condolences to his wife, kids, grandkids, brother and the whole Snyder family.

Beautifully stated, GC. Our community lost a great guy to say the least.

I think of him and his wife almost daily as I have a few of their park benches they graciously gave to me that I restored and enjoy all the time.

My sincerest condolences to the entire family.

So sorry to hear this news today. My condolences, Joyful, to you and your family.

Spring fever Spring fever
Sep '22

he was one of the good guys

My sincerest sympathies Joy. Les was a good man, and will be missed by all. Your love for each other is inspiring and eternal. God bless.

maja2 maja2
Sep '22

So sorry to hear the news about Les, a wonderful guy and great cop. My condolences to you, Joy, and all of your family. He will be watching over you.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '22

Words cannot express the sadness, both my husband and I are feeling over this news. As my husband's colleague at HPD, and the friendship we all shared for over 40 years, it grieves us to say goodbye. Rest in eternal peace Lester.

USAfirst USAfirst
Sep '22

I am sorry to hear of his passing. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

We send our sympathy and love to you, Joy, and to your families and all the friends who knew and loved Lester - some were lucky to know this wonderful man for many years. We are very sad to hear Les has passed. Rest in Peace Les and fly with the Angels.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Sep '22

So happy that I was able to know and spend some time with Les, he sure was a good guy. So sorry for your pain Joy. May his memory be eternal.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '22

The Duke was the coolest. I truly enjoyed his sense of humor at our HL breakfasts. Condolences to Joyful. He is a man who will be missed.

So sorry to hear of the passing of Lester Snyder. May he RIP. Condolences to his family at this difficult time. God Bless

Coasterfan98
Sep '22

Deepest sympathies Joyful to you and your family.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '22

Lester was such a genuine man. Honest and caring through and through.

My love goes out to Joy and all family members.

ole' timer
Sep '22

So sorry to hear of your loss Joyful. I know you wrote yearly about your family’s loss on 9/11 and to read this about your husband, today, brings extra sadness to the day. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you mourn the added loss of your husband on this anniversary of September 11.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '22

Very sorry to hear this. RIP Duke. Condolences to the family

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '22

Les you were the cop the rest of us tried to be! No fear, always a back-up and just plain sincere. And you were the only law enforcement officer that looked good in a station wagon! Rest brother and I’ll see you on the other side.

Lou Esposito Lou Esposito
Sep '22

Les was such a good man, and he touched so many lives. He will not be soon forgotten. Happy and blessed to have known him. Sending prayers to his wife,Joy, and to all of his family and friends at this sad time.

Colette Colette
Sep '22

Les, you made Hackettstown a better place for having been there. You had a kind soul and everyone respected you on the job or off. Rest easy now brother until we meet again.

boobalaa boobalaa
Sep '22

Joy, I am so sorry for your loss

Panda Panda Koala Panda Panda Koala
Sep '22

I loved the big smile he had when he rode his Harley Hog down main street. He was on top of the world.
He loved that bike. He always was smiling or laughing.
RIP Lester.
God Bless you and your family !!

Bob K Bob K
Sep '22

I do not think the word NO was in Lesters vocubalary ! He was always there when you needed him for....................anything.
He was a great police officer a great Veteran a great freemason
I always ribbed him, said- Les when you retired from the police force, and you turned in all of your equiptment issued to you by the department, You turned in your ticket book, it still had a few unissued tickets, after........how? many years ?!
He's now with St Michael the Archangel watching over and protecting us

Double Brother Paul Double Brother Paul
Sep '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: RIP Duke (Lester Snyder)
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.