Anchor Benefit replaces Homestead Benefit

A headsup regarding name change. This email received today:

"You will receive an email from the Division of Taxation by September 30, 2022, with a link so you can file your ANCHOR Benefit application online. The ANCHOR program replaces the Homestead Benefit program. If you owned and occupied a principal residence or rented a rental unit in New Jersey on October 1, 2019, you may be eligible for a benefit payment.

The deadline for filing your application is December 30, 2022. If you do not receive the email by the second week of October 2022, contact our Customer Service Center at 1 (888) 238-1233."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '22

"Homeowners with income of $150,000 receive $1,500 in property tax rebates, said Kenneth Bagner, a certified public accountant with Sobel and Co. in Livingston.

Those earning between $150,000 and $250,000 will receive $1,000 rebates, and renters making up to $150,000 will receive $450 checks, Bagner said.

The benefit is only for primary residences.

“The checks are expected in May 2023,” Bagner said. “Eligible homeowners and tenants will be able to apply in the fall either online, by phone or mail-in a paper application, similar to the Homestead Benefit in previous years.”

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '22

What were you subscribed to that you received the E-mail?

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Aug '22

With the Homestead rebate the refund was sent to my municipality to apply toward my property taxes. Anyone know if that is how this will work? Or are they sending out checks?

happycamper happycamper
Aug '22

What an absolute joke!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '22

Find your age and income on the colored chart (link below) to get the percentage of rebate . Multiply your total property tax by that percentage to get the dollar amount . I read that the rebate will be applied to the May 2023 quarterly property tax bill like the current Homestead rebate . I assume renters will get a check in the mail or by direct deposit .

https://www.njpp.org/publications/explainer/anchors-aweigh-explaining-governor-murphys-new-property-tax-relief-program/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '22

What a load of crap if you rent out a property you should be able to qualify

If you're paying property taxes on that rental property you qualify . Supposedly the 250 or 450 rebate for renters who did not get any type of rebate before is meant to help offset rent increases .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '22

@The Bishop: I believe anyone already enrolled in the Homestead program was sent the email.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '22

A Q&A:
https://www.nj.com/news/2022/09/how-can-i-apply-for-anchor-the-new-property-tax-relief-program.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Sep '22

Received email to file, from email:
"Filing Your 2019 ANCHOR Benefit Application Online
The State's ANCHOR program replaces the Homestead Benefit program. If you owned and occupied a principal residence or rented a rental unit in New Jersey on October 1, 2019, you may be eligible for a benefit payment."

There is a number to call for questions:
1 (888) 238-1233

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '22

I really don’t understand this. Households making between $150k-$250k need $1,000? Put it towards the roads. NJ is an absolute joke. Unless I’m completely missing something, in which case, my apologies.

Consigliere
Oct '22

My taxes literally went up $1k this year, so I'll take it. Still waiting for letter in the mail though

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Oct '22

forcefed4doot

Warren County mailings went out beginning Sept. 21st. The Nj State web site stated if you haven’t received the mailing within 10 business days from then, to call the Anchor hotline at 888-238-1233

Local Gal Local Gal
Oct '22

Fact is that middle and upper income families are probably living in larger homes, and getting screwed just as badly proportionally as every other homeowner in NJ.

Stymie Stymie
Oct '22

I got my notice in the mail last week and filed on-line with no problems. Stunned.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Oct '22

I received mine today in long valley. There was a schedule on nj.com today with the mailing dates by county. Morris was the last county.

Scott Scott
Oct '22

I did mine on the phone last week and they asked if I wanted direct deposit . So this looks like it will be payed by check or direct deposit rather than a lower quarterly property tax payment .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Oct '22

Correct for this 2022 filing based upon 2019 status. Supposed to be payable in Spring of 2023. Curious how it will implemented going forward.

"New Jerseyans seeking property tax relief have been given another extension to file for the state’s new ANCHOR property tax program.......You now have until Feb. 28 to complete the application. Filings were initially due on Dec. 30, 2022, then moved to Jan. 31, 2023, before the additional one month extension was granted."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '23

And it looks like this will be the method going forward. There will be a lag for new homeowners, as 2020, 2021, and 2022 will follow annually. For example someone who buys now (early 2023) they won't get the money until 2027...

why do we have to apply? They know everything they need to know. Just send the money to those qualified.

ole' timer
Jan '23

ole’ timer, you’re right, this was a simple calculation done when filing out your yearly taxes. Now, probably about 30-40% won’t file the form and thus the State won’t have to make those payments.

Kb2755 Kb2755
Jan '23

I have filled a separate form a number of times over the years for my MIL.

Online it takes a few minutes.

I think it's because of how they pass this rebate: timing and method, that causes it to be off the normal tax cycle.

And yes, they must not get the full number of people to comply given the process.

Babbit Babbit
Jan '23

"Hundreds of thousands of New Jerseyans who rent their homes are eligible for $450 in property tax relief under the ANCHOR program.

Tenants and renters who were previously ineligible because their unit was covered by a PILOT agreement can now apply for the ANCHOR benefit.

Eligible applicants will receive a $450 payment this spring.

To be eligible for this year's benefit, you must have occupied your primary residence on October 1st, 2019. You must also file (or be exempt from) NJ income taxes. The deadline for filing has been extended to February 28th, 2023."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '23

We filed ours a few weeks prior to the deadline. When checking the status online it says it has not been processed but if filing online to give two weeks. We filed more than 2 weeks ago. Has anyone's status been updated to processed yet? I have tried calling but it in nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I will give it more time if others are in the same boat and they just haven't updated the system yet.

Casey Casey
Mar '23

Mine says "Processing", but I filed on-line months ago, when it was first offered.

Mar '23

How do you check on this?

Bernie Bernie
Mar '23

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/anchor/status.shtml

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Mar '23

It should be coming soon .

"All payments will be issued as checks or direct deposits beginning spring of 2023 (no later than May 2023). You select the payment method when you file your application. Payments will not be issued in the order they are received."

https://www.nj.gov/treasury/taxation/anchor/tenant-faq.shtml#:~:text=When%20will%20I%20receive%20my,when%20you%20file%20your%20application.

97XBAM 97XBAM
Mar '23

Mine still states processing but below that it states I have "been approved for$-(gives dollar amount). We completed processing your 2019 ANCHOR Benefit application and your benefit is in the final approval stages. Check back soon for your scheduled approval date."

happycamper happycamper
Mar '23

My benefit was deposited in my bank account today.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '23

processing - with $ amount

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '23

Got mine today ! Wahooo. Loll

@ianimal and @dam do you guys live in Warren County?

happycamper happycamper
Mar '23

Yes I do…

Yes, happycamper

ianimal ianimal
Mar '23

Got ours today, Morris County

justwondering justwondering
Mar '23

Got ours today, Hackettstown. Curious why this was only for the 2019 tax filing year and not the years prior as well or the years after? Anyone know?

Steve Steve
Mar '23

Ours is still processing, but it now shows a dollar amount (which was not there last time I checked).

Monty Monty
Mar '23

Monty, I checked yesterday, after reading these comments and mine said still processing. Today it was direct deposited. You are close too.

justwondering justwondering
Mar '23

Ours was direct deposited into our bank at the end of last week.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Mar '23

Mine direct deposited today

Babbit Babbit
Mar '23

Any idea when checks will be sent?

Mar '23

Got mine direct deposited today. Just in time to pay my federal income taxes. LOL

Maggie Maggie
Mar '23

Just checked I got mine today

Jimt1058
Mar '23

Direct deposited for me yesterday as well.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Mar '23

I got $1K which means I still pay the highest property tax of any state!!!! Went from sucks worst to sucks worse!

Babbit Babbit
Mar '23

Actually you’re lucky, Babbit. You have a good income and the anchor benefit is income based. This was off of Google…

“ ANCHOR eligibility is as follows: NJ homeowners with income of $150,000 or less will receive $1,500. NJ homeowners with income of more than $150,000 and up to $250,000 will receive $1,000. NJ residential renters with income of $150,000 or less will receive $450.”

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Mar '23

ouch g-r

ole' timer
Mar '23

Hey ole’ timer! I really like your handle. “Ouch” was not my intention. I just wanted to educate anyone who might not know about this benefit. After reading Babbits post again I realized that maybe that poster meant “after the rebate, my taxes are still too high”? …or that Babbit expected more to offset? So…it’s possible I didn’t interpret Babbit’s post, based on the wording used. Ahhhh….who knows, right? Only Babbit can clear up this new drama. Ouch! Lol…you’re a funny bird, ole’ timer!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Mar '23

I think it's laughable to give hard working people in this state $1,500 or $1,000. It's not even enough for a quarterly tax payment for most people. The cost to the taxpayers for this "shell game" is a joke. Trenton needs address real issues and stop the con game. It's no different than the ridiculous covid relief payments from Washington. Keep raising that debt level!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '23

you knew what you were saying

ole' timer
Mar '23

thanks for reading my mind, NOT.

What I meant was currently NJ has the highest property taxes in the US, of any state. California and New York laugh at us, coast to coast. You can point fingers at me but really folks, it's all of NJ, any income, it all sucks.

My point for me, but can be extended to anyone. I got my rebate. And yet, after the rebate, I, and all of NJ, still pay the highest property tax in the entire United States. Our rate is 2.49%, the next highest is 2.27%. By the fifth highest state, the rate is below 2%. Therefore, if your rebate was around 10% off your tax rate, then you pay 2.25% --- still about the highest in the land, at least 48 of the 49 states. That's just freakin sad. That means there are 45 states where you can instantly save 20% of your property tax and 44 states where you save more than 20%.

Get it? That's what I meant, speaking for me and all of NJ --- especially the ole timers.

For the ole timer, here's a clue: NEW JERSEY IS NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

Financially, anyone retired should move if they like extra $$$$ each month. Perhaps four digits worth. If you are staying here for other reasons, like family, well, there's your bill for that.

And yes, after careers of two folks working 60 hour weeks for New Jersey pay, also Trump years favored us in investments but screwed us more in property taxes, our income remains nice enough. If it pleases you, we are much lower last year, and probably this one as well.

But my real point is NJ is financially signaling that it want all ole timers to move out of state. It is not competitive, property tax wise, to live here if you can avoid it. It's not that our taxes are too high. In total tax bundle, NJ ranks around 6th, in property tax - 1st. IOW ---- if you are not working, there is no financial reason to stay and a great financial reason to leave. That's old folks. We're old but still mobile, most of us. And our tax picture has changed. We buy less commodities, own our homes, so lower property taxes matter, sales tax not so much especially if not on food and drugs, and income tax far less.

NJ is structured for the young. We are third in income levels so it's a great place to work, financially speaking. It's just that when you are done working, the property tax is a real stinger. That's on top of having the 8th highest median home costs as well. That's all, ole timer. And even if you are lucky enough to get a nice rebate, it really does not mute the high rate. But our overall tax picture, while high, is clearly not the highest, just in the top ten like our home prices. IMO --- NJ needs to restructure it's tax profile to make property tax rates competitive with other states. That's what I am really saying. It should be an old person friendly state, not the worst state in the union for them, financially speaking.

Babbit Babbit
Mar '23

Hey, my math was wrong. It’s a four digit savings per year, not per month. Sorry.

Babbit Babbit
Mar '23

We received our check in the mail today!!!!

Havaclue17 Havaclue17
Apr '23

So did I.

Apr '23

The more I read on this, the more I get pissed.

Am I correct in saying everyone in NJ who owns/rents gets a rebate IF the have the "proper" income?

Why not just include it in the tax forms to begin with?

Is this some procedural fu fa ra OR is it PR to make us love Murphy for taking action?

Why this arcane process?

Babbit Babbit
Apr '23

My paper check arrived today in the mail.

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Apr '23

There will be a single application in the fall of 2025 for Anchor Benefits, Senior Freeze and the NEW StayNJ program, which will give seniors a 50% property tax reduction. Legislature will vote on June 30 but it is expected to pass.
https://www.StayNJ.com

happiest girl
Jun '23

the senior tax reduction won't be in effect till-I think it's 2025

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '23

From the link:

All senior homeowners earning less than $500,000 annually are eligible to receive up to $6,500 in direct property tax relief every year, beginning January 2026.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '23

Welcome relief for many. It may slow or at least stall for a bit the exodus from NJ for our older generation.

Yes , it reduces the most costly property tax in the land to a new level that is still the most expensive property tax in the land.

NJ is not competitive for seniors; we push them out because they can have more spending money living anywhere else.

We should fix it for real and not just little political stunts for PR spin.

Babbit Babbit
Jun '23

I love this. Freedom of choice. If a state screws you, you may have a choice. Those who have resources can get out. Those who don't stay on the dole.

There was a very interesting column by Tom Moran in Sunday's Star Ledger about this tax-reduction "plan". I can't summarize it totally, but basically he believes it is just a big con in order to get votes this fall. It won't go into effect until 2026, a new Governor will be in office by then, the whole plan is contingent on available revenues to fund it, etc. If you can find it on-line, it's worth a read, but Star-Ledger probably will not provide it free.

Jun '23

Everything any politician does is in some way to benefit themselves... votes, glory, line their pocket either now or in the future...

Here is the Star Ledger Tom Moran article .

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2023/06/the-tax-plan-is-a-trick-dont-fall-for-it-moran.html

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '23

How old is "senior?"

Monty Monty
Jun '23

Thank You 97XBAM. I don't know how to do that.

Jun '23

Todays news release.

https://www.insidernj.com/senate-budget-committee-advances-staynj-tax-relief-plan-for-seniors

happiest girl
Jun '23

Shell game as usual.

https://nj1015.com/senior-property-tax-break-in-nj-an-illusion-or-a-scam-opinion/

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '23

"Under StayNJ, homeowners who are 65 years or older would be eligible for the benefit on their principal residence."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jun '23

Reading the plan this aspect is also in there and would be a benefit:

"The plan would also expand the “Senior Freeze” property tax relief program by increasing the income eligibility threshold by $50,000 to $150,000 and by decreasing the residency requirement from 10 years to three years."

That existing program reimburses eligible senior citizens and disabled persons for property tax or mobile home park site fee increases on their principal residence.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jun '23

Yay!!

https://www.insidernj.com/assembly-budget-committee-unanimously-passes-staynj-bill

happiest girl
Jun '23

"A program designed to give sweeping new property tax relief to New Jersey seniors became law Friday night as Gov. Phil Murphy signed the plan hours after the state Legislature overwhelmingly approved it — despite various concerns from critics."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jul '23

https://www.nj.com/news/2023/08/anchor-benefit-payments-will-be-automatic-for-many-nj-residents-this-year-state-says.html

^more details in article.

"The next ANCHOR property tax relief benefit will be paid automatically for most New Jersey residents who qualify for the program, NJ Advance Media learned Tuesday.

The state started mailing letters to notify more than 1.3 million eligible residents about the change on Tuesday, the state Division of Taxation said.

“The Division of Taxation has worked diligently to build off the success of last year’s ANCHOR program and ensure every eligible New Jersey resident receives this crucial property tax relief,” State Treasurer Elizabeth Maher Muoio said."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '23

Oh crap, just fix the thing rather than make it subject to the yearly whims of the governor and legislature. No more games, just set a fair property tax for all.

We have the highest property taxes in America, often after you apply these games, you pay less but still the highest tax in America. Fix it and just make the state competitive without the games.

Babbit Babbit
Aug '23

Received our Anchor check today via direct deposit. NJ successfully improved the system.

ole' timer
Oct '23

Olde’ timer, do you remember when you filed? Just curious as I filed mine September 1st. Thanks

@ Ole Timer
Thanks for the heads up. Mine was in my account today too.

Local Gal Local Gal
Oct '23

Same here

Hadenough Hadenough
Oct '23

Got mine direct deposited today too.

Got mine. …

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Oct '23

Pete,
I didn't have to because they had the info. from last year.

ole' timer
Oct '23

ole' timer said:

I didn't have to because they had the info. from last year.

Same here. Direct Deposit yesterday. :-)

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Oct '23

So if I did not get a direct deposit yesterday I should not be expecting one??

Jrn

Check the NJ Anchor website and enter the requested info. to access.

ole' timer
Oct '23

Has anyone here who rents an apartment gotten a rebate? I have a call in to my landlord to see if where I rent is a "qualified property subject to local property taxes". I meet all other requirements, and I assume property taxes are worked into the rent I pay? Thanks for any thoughts!

Has anyone received a paper check in the mail?

rosalie a eskow rosalie a eskow
Oct '23

I've read that the checks are coming out this week, so that could be any day between today and Friday.

Oct '23

Thank you Lonesome Dove, Ive been looking.Where did you read that?

rosalie a eskow rosalie a eskow
Oct '23

The state ANCHOR HOTLINE for questions is 6098264282 or 18882381233

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '23

There was an article in the Star Ledger last week (when the direct deposits started occurring) and I also saw something online somewhere.

Oct '23

my direct was within the last week.

so they gave me money and yet I still pay the highest taxes in the US: it's magic or we suck that bad ------ pretty easy choice.

reminds me once while working for a high-cost company trying to do better and we cut cost 50% on a product. Seeing the boss with puffed up chests about our accomplishment, we heard: "can you do it again." even though the most costly product in the land, we couldn't. In NJ, the property taxes are so bad, they could double the anchor and I would still be paying more than any other state for equivalent property. And yet, we don't pay the highest state TOTAL tax burden. We are like number 6 in Total Burden, but number 1 in Property (which does result in best public education of any state), so it's a balancing game between taxes that the State will not do.

babbit babbit
Oct '23

It's absurd... I got a breakdown on my taxes a couple weeks ago and it was something like 7k for schools.

They should put school tax onto those with kids in school.

So the ones using the school, getting the benefit- are the ones paying for the product they are consuming.

Josh, not just your property taxes. State taxes are heavily used for education, i.e. retirement medical and pensions for educators are paid from state taxes. So when you see your school costs in your town the aforementioned is not included. Part of the intentional "game" played for the past 40+ years to hide the true excessive cost of public education.

While it likely never will happen because of all the complexities, I'd like to see all taxes become income based. (I could maybe see sales/excise/sin taxes being a partial exception, as these types at least have some level of you pay for what you use...though I do realize they're regressive)

That way seniors could at least not be forced to move solely on account of property taxes.

Route 46
Oct '23

"StayNJ" will give seniors a huge tax break BUT a) it doesn't go onto effect until 2026, b) my understanding is that the funding has to be there to activate it
https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/explaining-new-jerseys-staynj-property-tax-rebate-5b8dbdd0

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '23

Imagine a society where there isn’t public education for all children.

We would be surrounded by uneducated thugs.

Public education and libraries are the cornerstones of democracy!

I have never had and will never have children in schools. I gladly support our schools.

The better the school, the better the home value for schools in that district.

Lakeview
Oct '23

Absolutely agree Lakeview.................100%

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '23

Just remember Lakeview that a large portion of the school budget is appropriated towards the athletic budget, i.e. football. The more competitive you want to be in you division is directly correlated to the money you have to spend. Imagine a society where the emphasis is on academics and not athletics.

Steve Steve
Oct '23

The total expenditures for the 2023-2024 school year for the Hackettstown School District is $42.2 million. The outlay for athletics is $945,000. They spend more ($1.3M) to send Hackettstown kids to other districts than they do on athletics.

https://4.files.edl.io/d47b/04/28/23/173251-2447c530-9a79-4c50-b4cd-0e7c91a16504.pdf

ianimal ianimal
Oct '23

Has anyone who is not signed up for the direct deposit option actually received a check in the mail yet? The ANCHOR site just says I qualified and it is being reviewed. Not sure why. I thought if you got the first one last spring, you were automatically getting this one.

Oct '23

Why don't you call: The state ANCHOR HOTLINE for questions is 6098264282 or 18882381233

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '23

Oh Steve, you are so misinformed.

ole' timer
Oct '23

"Imagine a society where the emphasis is on academics and not athletics."

Imagine a society where the emphasis is on academics and not indoctrination.....

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '23

Lakeview, everything has to be within a budget. For example, I want a 10 million dollar home but can only afford 1 million, you get a 1 million dollar home. In NJ, the NJEA has the most donor influence so you have be sure that if it is teacher pensions and retiree medical that have to suffer or StayNJ, then you know the answer. The same problem occurring right now with Ukraine and Israel. AIPAC and others donations gives them control over many Republicans and Democrats to get legislation favorable to Israel, in this example. StayNJ sounds great but it is not guaranteed and will always be second fiddle.

Thanks for posting that, ianimal. 2.2% spent on athletics is not a "large portion", as Steve so incorrectly points out. I'd be inclined to argue that a little more should be spent, based on our facilities, etc., but that's an argument for another day ha!

The R The R
Oct '23

IJay, so tired of you attacking teacher pensions and medical benefits. Maybe you should have been a teacher so you could have these!

Sport
Oct '23

Lonesomedove, got my check last week. I filed mine on 9/1/23. When was your filed?

I didn't have to file because it was already on record from the first one. It's in process, being reviewed, but hasn't reached the approved point yet. I was just wondering if anyone has received a check yet. Maybe they're doing them alphabetically or something. I'll try to be patient for a little longer.

Oct '23

still waiting - dang it

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '23

received check on 20th.

Americans long ago made the wise decision to invest in education making us an economic and even thought powerhouse. My father stepped out of the factory with the GI bill elevating his family to a new economic and educational summit. The stuff works. As a person with matriculated kids; I was proud to pay still even when shelling out $100k a year for a couple years for college. As a senior, no problem paying still for school but the highest prop tax in the land is not competitive; I will leave soon just because of that.

The concept of pay-as-you-go just means less educated kids and even greater distance between affluence and stupidity. More would be undereducated.

There's even a national defense advantage to education.

NJ does not have the highest tax burden, we are like 5th. I suggest load balancing taxes to lower property to be competitive so seniors like me don't flee. Then pick up the lost school/prop tax from the load balance. Don't force me to downsize to stay, I will just go away..

NJ is a top school system. High salaries too. It's a great place to earn and raise smart well educated kids. Even our state school seems almost ivy. We don't want to screw with that but screwing the old folk isn't smart either. We have FY money and we know how to use it.

babbit babbit
Oct '23

I looked back through my bank statements and I saw that I received 1000 in March.. does that mean I won’t receive an other one till next spring .. not real sure how this works.. everyone seems to get their payments in the fall.. ????

Jrn,

You are to get 2 this year so log into their website and check on your status.

Be aware that the current refund is based on the 2020 calendar year residency and income level.

The spring one was related to 2019.

ole' timer
Oct '23

Just saw online that my check has been approved and will be cut tomorrow. So my patience is rewarded. Hah!

Oct '23

Just received mine yesterday. Date on the check was October 31st, 2023. This was for the 2020 Anchor benefit.

Good Luck to you'll.

beagle_man beagle_man
Nov '23

Our check came yesterday (11/3).

Monty Monty
Nov '23

yay my check is on the way

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '23

Mine came Monday so I went to quick deposit it. The bank noticed it was actually dated Tuesday so they said "I'm afraid you'll have to come back tomorrow"...

Still waiting. It says processing for a month. Can't get thru on the phone with them
Thank you for the updates everyone

rose eskow
Nov '23

got mine yesterday

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '23

It says I was approved on the 6th. anyone know how long its takes til you receive it?

rose eskow
Nov '23

Hi. Anyone with information on the next day for Anchor payment. A friend got his November 8th.

Kevin Kevin
Nov '23

Got ours several weeks ago. Did you check to be sure yours was approved?

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '23

Good article on StayNJ and its funding. Also discussed, "Another consideration would be combining Stay NJ with one or both of the state’s other two main property tax breaks — ANCHOR and the Senior Freeze."

https://www.nj.com/news/2024/02/the-big-property-tax-promise.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
February 26th

OTE: thanks. I am not hopeful. So far, it never includes me, my kids are leaving the State, so no reason to stay and one big property tax reason to leave.

NJ: no country for old men.

"Here’s what to expect for the ANCHOR property tax benefit under Murphy’s proposed budget":

https://www.nj.com/news/2024/02/youll-get-the-anchor-property-tax-benefit-again-under-gov-murphys-proposed-budget.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
February 28th

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Anchor Benefit replaces Homestead Benefit
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.