comcast issues

Anybody having problems with logging into comcast. I can't seem to get email. Thanks

I had that problem this morning but it cleared up after about 15 minutes. Been okay for me since.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jul '22

Couldn’t access email most of the day. Works now.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '22

Thanks. Hopefully tomorrow it works.

Intermittent outages experienced here in Independence. SCUMCAST is the worst

+1 BC. And it's been going on a VERY long time.

This is funny (because it's true): don't watch with kids in the room!

https://youtu.be/KMcny_pixDw

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '22

Funny and true JeffersonRepub.

Another option for those with Comcast email addresses as this will continue to happen. Get a gmail account. Then set it up to use pop3 to pull in your Comcast email. This way you’ll have everything in one place and won’t have to worry about outages.

Sacks cousin
Jul '22

LOL, JRepub. Truth!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '22

Our sun is also "waking up" and messing up the Internet

Animallove Animallove
Jul '22

They may be one of the worst service providers (of ANY service) in the country. JRs video may seem like an outlandish parody but it’s closer to reality than fantasy.

Consigliere
Jul '22

Sick of the often outages
Let another cable company come in the area please

My internet's been slow for 2 weeks! I'm practically on top of the modem and I'm not getting full bars always look forward to going to my clients house they have better internet.

Outdoor Women Outdoor Women
Jul '22

Have you rebooted you cable modem - Wi-Fi router and computer / phone in that order? Also check if the firmware upgrades on your cable modem and Wi-Fi router.

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jul '22

Over the last month our cable keeps going out and we have to reboot the boxes every 12 hours.
Comcast has been out three times and have changed out all of the boxes but the problem still happens were are in Independence. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

mack
Nov '22

We had offline issues with Comcast for two years. Splitters replaced, new equipment, new connectors and wires. Nothing helped. Our last call was serviced by someone who knew what to do. He said we were constantly going offline and determined it was the underground cable to our townhouse. They replaced it a month ago and it’s been perfect ever since. Not one time have we lost a connection.
Most of the underground cable around here is probably 30+ years old. This would absolutely be my next step.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Nov '22

Mr. R.

Thank you for that feedback. They are coming out again tomorrow

mack
Nov '22

i messed with these guys for six months, always a different solution as we repaired all starting at the router and working our way to the pole, then even the network.

Last fix was to replace all cable from pole to junction box on house, that seemed to do it, but last place I would think of.

Did I mention how cat 5 does not carry the speeds we need. cat 5e, cat 6, cat 7 ---- may need to up your cable game.

babit babit
Nov '22

Been experiencing Internet connection time outs intermittently again. Same problem as before. This company sucks!

I get them all the time.

Babit - cat 5 may be your issue if it’s wiring from side of the house to inside the house. Comcast used coaxial cable from the pole to your junction box and your junction box to side of house.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '22

CBB: you are so correct. The cat5 issue was internal and eternally funny.

The outside issue was old coax. Whoever thought that went bad. I think the point was, working with comcast, on multiple service calls, on multiple attempts, first we replaced the router, that helped for a week. Then all components from the pc to the junction box, that worked for a few days. Then at the pole while they promised they were scrubbing the network, that was really good for awhile. The last guy did the coax from the pole to the junction box and we be good for months now, plus our speed is over a Gb to the router. Probably about 600mbs off the router.

freaking pipes, always a step-down somewhere and no one ever wants to talk about it.......

Babit Babit
Nov '22

Due to a dispute between Xfinity and Mission broadcasting Comcast cable is no longer carrying PIX11 and two other CW channels -250 court tv and 268 Antenna channel. Not a big deal for me until Mets baseball in the spring . Maybe a switch to Direct TV if they don't settle the dispute by then .

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wpix-broadcasting

97XBAM 97XBAM
Dec '22

“We encourage wpix to allow us to transmit their channel.” Im sure wpix’s response would be “please stop being cheap and pay us to retransmit our channel” lol

Consigliere
Dec '22

Yeah, I asked for a refund since Comcast dropped the channel they had sold me the package on, but they told me I would have to pay them…. :-)

Babbit Babbit
Dec '22

12/19 553AM WPIX is back

eapos eapos
Dec '22

anyone having problems getting into their mail today.

lwinters lwinters
Dec '22

Seems there is a big outage - anyone have an eta of repair …

Dec '22

Mine kept going in and out last night.

I'm curious.. of those who purchased modems rather than buy for internet. Which modem did you end up buying and how is the stability? I have had Motorola for years. In 2021 I bought the better Motorola MB8611. It has been fine till the last couple days. It keeps dropping signal. Sometimes it reconnects within a couple minutes. Others I have to reboot it. I'm wondering if my modem is going and an upgrade is needed. The house has been rewired direct to the modem from the street so doubt it is a cable issue.

Grascal
Dec '22

Re: comcast  issues

I bought my own modem 3+ years ago. It’s a Netgear nighthawk ac1900. I got it in Wal-Mart.I only had to reboot it once or twice and it’s nice saving the monthly rental fee from xfinity. Xfinity recommended Netgear. I would definitely buy another one and I highly recommend it.

Prior to buying our new modem we contacted Comcast and discussed our current equipment we had from them, got their free latest equipment upgrades then purchased a modem based on their recommendation as to what works best with the gear. This was 1-2 years ago? We use the Motorola DOCSIS 3.1.

I believe comcast has a list of approved cable modems … I don’t recommend renting a cable modem… buy a current one that is approved … make sure it is from a decent brand name … make sure it is a cable modem only …. Buy a wireless router separately those tend to change more frequently in technology such as speed and distance and security… etc…etc… just my 2 cents… not worth much I know…

Dec '22

Mine just went out and came back on over the course of 5 min. 12/30 @ 3:35 - 3:40pm
Center two lights went out then toggled back and forth then finally straightened itself out.

Internet been out since 3:58pm in califon. Anyone else?

LibertyThinker

The last time I spoke with Comcast, about 6 months ago, they said that we had to be locked into their modem "for security reasons". I don't imagine they can require you to use their equipment to receive their services, but then again, private company...

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '22

Security on the cable modem yes but on a privately owned Wi-Fi router no … all I am saying a cable modem I tend to upgrade when comcast ask me to upgrade as for my wi-fi router I replace that more often depending on performance - coverage - etc etc …

Dec '22

Thanks all ...I have had my own Motorola mb8611 modem since 2021 and mb7420 prior with separate TPLINK AC1750 for the 8 years I've been with comcast for internet. Never had an issue. I have my security set I think. Although I am considering upgrading router for more security that's still something I'm researching . I was upgraded to the 800 mb service which they did not tell me about until I called..I told her I was a bit upset I had all this extra speed and nobody told me. She was like.. oh well.. lol... so by rebooting modem I am now speed testing at 960 mps (was 400) and 20 upload. Basically they said reboot modem.. I explained I had multiple times. So what I did was pull the modem.. check all connections and hook everything back up. so either bad connection or comcast was having issues in the area. So far 24 hrs no drop so fingers crossed.

Grascal
Dec '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: comcast issues
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.