Dollar General Parking lot yesterday...

Just a note to whoever "tapped" my parked car with me in it (girl driving and man in passenger seat) while pulling out of the parking lot of Dollar General on Main St. yesterday...First of all, even if you are absolutely sure you did no damage...for your information...scared me half to death instead...and then continued on out onto Main St........you are supposed to stop and go over to the car you hit and see if there is any damage and if the driver sitting in that car is OK...

joyful joyful
Jun '22

Glad you are ok Joyful. Seems to be common practice for Dollar General parking lot. There was an earlier post of car being hit there in April. Some just don’t care.

justwondering justwondering
Jun '22

@ justwondering: Now that you mentioned that, I think I saw it on Facebook and it was the store managers car. My car was OK but thinking hers was not...

joyful joyful
Jun '22

I can remember when I was 16 years old. My first job when it was Acme. No problems like that back then. Wait ! That was 58 years ago ! Things changed !!

Bob K Bob K
Jun '22

Just my opinion, Bob K. in what has changed.....and I feel it is called "Responsibility"...Responsibility for your actions especially. If you hit someone with your car...you stop the car...get out and admit what you just did and see if any damage was done...Just as I knew I was hit....they had to know they had just hit me as well..

joyful joyful
Jun '22

We were hit on Rt 80 getting off for a ramp a month ago. No one stopped there either. People just don't care anymore.

If I can get away with "whatever" is the new statement.

Bernie Bernie
Jun '22

Sorry to hear you were hit too, Bernie...Hopefully you and the car are OK..Yes, it seems that so many people just do not care anymore and also do not want to accept responsibility for their actions..

joyful joyful
Jun '22

Check the video. There should be one posted from the store itself. If not, some store on Main might have caught it. Cameras are everywhere. Good Luck to you.

Gregory A
Jun '22

Thanks for the idea, Gregory A...but I don't think that will be necessary. I have lived in this town a long, long time and know a lot of people. I think I recognized who was driving the car that "tapped" mine going out of the lot at Dollar General. I have a feeling we will meet up again one day...

joyful joyful
Jun '22

joyful I hope you and the gentleman are both ok. Who I have known for a long time. I hope you find out who did this. Hugs.

coasterfan98
Jul '22

@ Coasterfan98..Thank you so much for your kind words...I was by myself and had just loaded my groceries in the car and sitting still (had not turned my car on yet) and about to start up the car to leave when I got hit by that car pulling out .

joyful joyful
Jul '22

I highly recommend a dash cam for your vehicle. More and more people are getting them for this exact reason. I once witnessed a guy on route 80 hit a car that collided into another car. Both cars that were hit pulled off to the side but the driver who struck them literally crossed several lanes of traffic to drive over the median and took off. Most of these people are driving without car insurance or a license hence why they don't stop

Animallove Animallove
Jul '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dollar General Parking lot yesterday...
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.