Hackettstown Memorabilia

Hackettstown Memorabilia

I'm sure many folks here have a variety of interesting town memorabilia. I have all sorts of stuff. I just picked this clock up. Would anyone have an idea of when the bank gave out these sorts of things? The 1970's perhaps?

This bank was absorbed by the United Jersey Bank in mid 1970.

I didn't realize that it had been gone since then. I just looked up the timeline. The bank was formed on April 15th 1906. It was merged by United Jersey May 25th 1970. It changed the name May 1st 1975. As Johnny Carson often said " I did not know that".

It looks older than the 1970's. The clock numbers are of a style earlier than the 70's plus the clock looks like it was cast out of pot or white metal - the 1970's bank gifts would most likely be plastic. I'd guess the 1940's.

Greg

You could check with Ray Lemasters, who is the Town Historian. He normally staffs the Museum between 2-4pm on Wednesdays. He'd be much more able to date it than I would next Sunday (when I'll be there).

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hackettstown Memorabilia
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.