Hackettstown townwide yard sale 2022

Any news yet on weather it is a go this year?

Sandy Tomlinson
Mar '22

That has not been announced as far as I know. The Hackettstown Committee for Crime Prevention (HCCP) is who puts it together. Bill Conforti is typically the person who gets out the word. Use the search feature above using his name and you can direct message him if you like.

With that said It's usually around Easter. I would think it is the following weekend, the 23rd and 24th. It is also after the town wide clean up which is two weekends this spring,
Friday, April 8, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 9, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Friday, September 16, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 17, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Are they having it or not? If so when? Thanks for whatever information you can provide.

G Munoz G Munoz
Apr '22

I had reached out to Bill Conforti asking what the status was this year. He had been with the Hackettstown Committee for Crime Protection who organizes the event each year. He had also posted here on HL in the past regarding that event. I have not heard back from him. I don't think he's involved any longer.

I recommend calling the municipal office to see if they have heard anything. 908 852 3130. I meant to ask at last weeks council meeting but I simply forgot.

I doubt anything is planned as it would typically be held after the town wide clean up around Easter. This year town wide clean up is on the 8th & 9th. Easter is the 17th so that leaves the 23rd & 24th for the sale weekend. Folks may need to grassroots it!

I agree Greg. With all the free advertising out there, I don’t see a need for the HCCP to be involved at all.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '22

Ha! I just checked my email and this message was sent to me this morning. I guess that answers that!

Hi Greg,

Bill Conforti informed me that you were inquiring about the yard sale this
year. Unfortunately, after thirty years, the Hackettstown Committee for
Crime Prevention is disbanding and we will no longer be sponsoring the Town
Wide Yard Sale. It has been a pleasure for us to serve the community since

Sincerely,

Lydia Ghachem
President

Greg, we got this. It was nothing more then a fundraiser for them anyway.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '22

The rescue squad is looking to take over the town wide yard sale

Jim L Jim L
Apr '22

Good to hear. I was thinking another civic organization or group should pick up the reins.

Do you know when they might hold it?

Seenit
Apr '22

Just saw on Facebook that the Hackettstown First Aid and Rescue Squad will be hosting the community yard sale this year April 30th and May lst..9-5. They are on Facebook or can register on their website..

joyful joyful
Apr '22

Here is the link to register.

https://sites.google.com/view/townwideyardsale2022/home?fbclid=IwAR0SvNimXpXJdut7eaFR9fzTSn0HrqgxAiW89dcwiqmmdKXCKMJ7zSrHTJ0

Has anyone signed up? I'm curious how many people will take part this year.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Apr '22

I did !

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '22

From what I heard there was atleast 30 people signed up. :)

Irisheyes Irisheyes
Apr '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hackettstown townwide yard sale 2022
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.