Snow - Jan 7th

Keep your eyes open snow coming early Friday morning 1-6 inches

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jan '22

Re: Snow - Jan 7th

NOAA has us at 2"-3", EPAWA hasn't put out their map yet

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '22

Update maps is now showing 4 - 6 inches … Friday morning will be messy !

Jan '22

Where are you seeing 4-6? Weather underground app has 2.4” when you add up the hourly forecast between tonight and tomorrow morning. From my experience WU is fairly accurate.

Consigliere
Jan '22

EPAWA 2"-4"

Jan '22

JRs map shows we are WAY far away from the 4-6 area. Thank you for posting.

Consigliere
Jan '22

Someone pls put out the BryanNC bat signal lol

Consigliere
Jan '22

Sorry you are correct I read the map wrong …

Jan '22

Bryan… where you be??????

Modonnell Modonnell
Jan '22

Bryan has left the building. He hasn't done a weather update here in a couple years. Why should he, he in in NC now, and isn't drawing a salary here on HL.

LibertyThinker's weather guess sounds about as good as Bryan would be. Maybe Thinker has some inside knowledge and thinks the storm will over perform. Or, perhaps he just read the forecast wrong.

Be glad we were not east of here, or we would have gotten clobbered with that ice from yesterday. Or, that we were too far north to have any snow a couple days ago.

My long range forecast is that we will most likely get some snow between now and March 31. I know that is a bit risky to say, but I am willing to put my forecasting reputation on the line here.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '22

True, Rhyme Animal. Bryan is enjoying life and doesn't owe us weather forecasts. ;)
There are so many online weather services, plus TV, radio, etc...Why bug poor, nice Bryan?

Be safe everyone. Enjoy it from inside if you can and maybe a sled ride or two.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '22

It WAS pretty cool with Bryan tho... not only was he quite accurate, he also gave us "worst case" scenarios, if something changed. And he really zeroed in on our little corner of NJ :)

Jan '22

Sorry I did read the map wrong and all the weather forecasting models are coming together for some amount of snow to fall .. I will stick with higher amount of 4 inches for our area… as for Bryan great guy and almost perfect weather guessing but it seems he has not posted as much as he did years ago and life does go on… maybe he found followers in his new home town area… thanks RA for the vote of confidence last year I found a few new YouTube channels that have helped me do better at guess start - stop times and amount of snow to fall…. This storm will be out of here by 10am so it is early morning drivers that need to on there toes and be ready for snowy roads

Jan '22

Bryan certainly doesn’t “owe” us anything, I was more of the impression that, even living in NC, he enjoyed posting here about our weather and appreciated the virtual high-fives.

Consigliere
Jan '22

I enjoyed Bryan’s predictions, miss his 2 Cents on the weather. Hope all is well by him! It’s always nice to know that people still think of you even though you moved away.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '22

Keep posting your prediction Liberty Thinker!

whocares whocares
Jan '22

@ Who cares … Thank you … I am winter weather fan and love watching these storms develop and sometimes really clubber the east coast … last years big storm was amazing

Jan '22

Good thing they salted the hell out of the roads already lol...typical NJ waste waste waste spend spend spend

itiswhatitis
Jan '22

Bryan piped up last winter. We haven’t had much to report about since then.

Actually Bryan lives in SC, though his screen name always said NC even before he moved down there. It is considered a SC suburb of Charlotte, NC though, so pretty close.

I do miss his forecasts too, but as they say, life goes on for us all!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '22

.25”

Philliesman Philliesman
Jan '22

It looks like 2 inches for Warren County. Heaviest snow will be far east out on Long Island NY - probably 5 to 6 inches.

KMC77
Jan '22

Looks like we got about 3 inches here in liberty … east of here is still getting snow… everyone be safe this morning and be ready for a temperature drop coming next week… get your firewood loaded into your home so you don’t have to keep opening the door.

Jan '22

Looks like the LibertyThinker called this one right... yet again.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '22

Just follow Dark Sky which also links to the NWS for special weather events.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.