Santa Claus train port Murray?

Hello,

I was in Mayberry’s the other day with my young child buying 2 cycle engine oil and the lady behind the counter said on 12/4 Santa will be coming to the port Murray train station. I haven’t been able to find any information on this online. Anyone know any info?

Consigliere
Nov '21

Polar Express is in Phillipsburg

https://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/new-jersey-christmas-train-rides-with-santa/

Bug3
Nov '21

Thanks for the link Bug but that doesn’t sound anything like she described

Consigliere
Nov '21

Its probably not a train to port murray

Bug3
Nov '21

It’s the toys for tots train December 4th . At the port Murray post office lot

Michael Michael
Nov '21

Toys for tots? So I’m assuming this is only for less fortunate families? Crap. I was all gassed up and invited 3 of my friends who also have young children. I certainly would never take any toys away from less fortunate families. Oh well. Any other events like this locally that a few families can gather to enjoy?

Consigliere
Nov '21

I don't think that is where the toys are distributed. It seems too early. It may be a Toys for Tots toy drive. Usually the toys get picked up and stored in various warehouses where the toys are sorted by age and gender. At Christmas, coordinators, with the help of local social agencies, church groups, and other local community groups, distribute the toys to the less fortunate children in the area.

It is the Toys for Tots toy drive where people bring toys to donate for the less fortunate. There are a few stops along the line with the last one in Phillipsburg.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Nov '21

I found the information at https://www.operationtoytrain.org/. Check out the schedule for dates and times.

njhokiefan njhokiefan
Nov '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Santa Claus train port Murray?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.