CenturyLink Internet

Has anyone else experienced many outages and disruption in service with CenturyLink Internet lately? I have just about enough of this terrible company!

Zipp
Sep '21

Yes someone I knew said they were horrendous.

Trying to get AWAY from Comcast but Googling doesn't seem to be helping find an alternative. Other than Comcast, what internet companies are available in the area and anyone have a good experience? Comcast is pissing me off and they are expensive.

emily emily
Mar '22

Emily,

It's exactly what we're doing today. Comcast is being cancelled and T-Mobile is being set up. Also, cancelled everything with Comcast besides the internet too. Phone/Cable. Everything....I'm done with them.

change of heart
Mar '22

Comcast seems to have a complete monopoly in internet service in Hackettstown. All I want is decent Internet at a fair price, that's not Comcast. They seem to be the ONLY option.

emily emily
Mar '22

Earthlink

emerald
Mar '22

emily

It seems that Cablevision/Optimum is building out into Hackettstown and a representative from a company called planet.net stated on one of the other local web forums (maybe nextdoor) mentioned that they recently got approval from Hackettstown to build into town as well. The problem there is that it may not be available until late this year or early next year. You can sign up with planet.net to be notified when they are in the process of building out their fiber optic network into your area:

https://www.planet.net/fiber-internet-for-home

Some people have also been complaining about Optimum/Cablevision too and I admit I had issues sometimes due to a bad cable from the pole to the breakout to my house and some "tech" put a line tap on the box next to my house and said there were issues on my line and I needed to call them to make a service appt. to check inside the house. Once I finally was able to make an appointment and stay home from work for a day, the guy that checked it all out said he didn't know why the other tech put a tap on the line, as I had upgraded cabling and all my connections, etc. were good.

He took it off and everything was fine again. It's like they paid the other guy to just go around and randomly select houses to put a tap on so they can look inside for "unauthorized" hookups, etc.

As far as service on the phone, Cablevision ____ed for the most part. Always a pain in the butt. I'm much happier with late night service from Comcast in that respect because, unless they changed it, you get assistance from the Philippines, rather than India. The cadence of speech and pronunciation is much closer to that of the US and the level of communication was much better.

Planet.net is based in the Newton area and was in the internet game in 1994. As long as their prices are competitive, I think that may be the way to go in the future.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: CenturyLink Internet
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.